It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I think i put forth a very strong argument and us existing within our reality,is like living within a twilight zone thats been injected with steroids,living within outer limits that are tripping on acid,living within tales from the darkside that are mutated from radioactive fallout,living within an episode of lost in space,while watching star trek through three dimensional glassess,all simultaneously injected into a new star wars movie...

edit on 30-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think even the brain is an illusion, why leave it out?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by WanDash

I think i put forth a very strong argument and us existing within our reality,is like living within a twilight zone thats been injected with steroids,living within outer limits that are tripping on acid,living within tales from the darkside that are mutated from radioactive fallout,living within an episode of lost in space,while watching star trek through three dimensional glassess,all simultaneously injected into a new star wars movie...

edit on 30-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Well - WHO in their right mind...could argue with that?!
On the other hand, no one has accused me of sanity...and, even I wouldn't know where to start.
Sincere regards, nevertheless, for starting this thread (in the way you did)...
(I agree that you put forth a substantive, thoughtful, and provocative argument|)
edit on 3/30/2012 by WanDash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Its possible that even the earth itself exists only because we think it does,perhaps because someone or something has programmed or is programming our brains to think and believe its really here...

And just like our video games have become progressively more advanced,some kind of super computer may be programming our virtual world and our brains simulated experience of this holographic material reality into ever more complex levels as we traverse this illusion...

The concept of our "reality" being just an illusion is indeed a tough concept to grasp since we have no choice but to exist in this "reality" even whilst trying to reason that it is an illusion.
Whilst I wouldn't go as far as suggesting a "Matrix" type of reality, I believe the premise that what we perceive as reality may not actually be real.

In truth most of us live and accept the illusion that the sun rises and the sun sets every day........only it doesn't.......relative to the Earth the Sun doesn't move at all, it stays in the same spot, the Earth is merely spinning exposing one side to the globe towards the Sun, and the opposite side is in shadow.

On a bright sunny day how many of us just accept the illusion that the Sun has "come out"........not many think to themselves the Earth has spun into the sunlight this bright day!
Most of us accept the illusion that the Earth is not moving...........but in reality it is whizzing past at a thousands of miles an hour whilst it orbits the Sun........and we are also moving faster than any aircraft on Earth.

So the truth is we all live in an illusion, how far that illusion extends is the real question that probably can't be answered because we cannot escape the "illusion" to take a peak from the outside!

edit on 30-3-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
buddy, you either should take a crash course in quantum physics to understand that every thing is just vibrations of light,and doesn't exist until we look for it,or a crash course in philosophy to realize 'i think,therefore i am.
pick one,and stop rambleing on!
The light, quantum physics, vibrations and philosophy you mentioned were all fabricated inside our brains,because they were fabricated by our brains and thats the only place they have ever existed and thats the only place they ever will really exist,because they are not real and nothing else is real either,all is illusion...
edit on 25-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

your idea that "Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else" ... has one giant hole.

where's the line drawn?...

meaning.. if the ATOMS that are OUTSIDE of my brain.. are .. imagined by my brain... like you say.. then what about the atoms INSIDE MY BRAIN that makeup the neurons that cause me to think ?..

are you following me here?...

if everything made of atoms is just what we create with our brains.. then the atoms that make up our brains are created by our brain?

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Its possible that even the earth itself exists only because we think it does,perhaps because someone or something has programmed or is programming our brains to think and believe its really here...

And just like our video games have become progressively more advanced,some kind of super computer may be programming our virtual world and our brains simulated experience of this holographic material reality into ever more complex levels as we traverse this illusion...

So the truth is we all live in an illusion, how far that illusion extends is the real question that probably can't be answered because we cannot escape the "illusion" to take a peak from the outside!

edit on 30-3-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)
We are unable to see anything the way it really exists,not even ourselves and eachother...

We see matter as being solid objects,when in reality,they are mostly empty space comprised of millions, perhaps billions of protons,neutron and electrons....

So why are our brains designed to make us perceive of things in only a certain way?

For one reason,if we continuously saw everything the way everything actually exists,we would'nt be able to walk across a room,or go outside,without literally "flipping out"...

But on a higher more profound level,is there someone or something out there who doesnt want us to see reality for what it really is?

And so they have they,or it,wrapped a holographic illusion around our senses,around our lives,around our world around our universe and around our reality?

I think so and i believe they are the members of an extremely advanced class-3 alien civilization...

And some of their technologies we preceive as our rain,our wind and our snow...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

How would you define yourself? How do you define your "mind?" Are the two words one in the same?

And my point was that what we "see," or perceive, is agreeably not everything that is around us. It is a selective perception of groups of information, "information" being that which is "vital" to our "idea" of how everything "should be". To say it's not what reality "looks" like would bring into question how you define "look." To claim it is an "illusion" is to suggest that these groups of information we perceive are not there in the first place. What then would be the origin? An extra dimensional consciousness? Our own? Or a consciousness that is infinitely surrounding us? Where does the true "god" lie?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I believe, and suggest, that it originates from within ourselves, "ourselves" being merely unified systems of consciousness and energies that bind all atoms and ion on an infinite scale. On all smaller scales, the majority of these systems work in stable harmony with few exceptions. On the larger planetary scale, I suggest the same. And finally, as for the state we perceive ourselves in, one must inquire as to the reasoning behind our current perception. What is the purpose? I think it is to learn to work with one another to preserve and then expand the consciousness and energies around and within us in a positive manner. Harmonization, to be as concise as possible.

Perception... it's all about what one thing has in common with another and then with ourselves. Yet we then see each other and for the most part see difference in our daily dose of "reality." Where is the consciousness that binds us together as there is for atoms, ions, molecules, stars, planets, moons, galaxies, and ultimately the universe? I say it is all around us and most importantly within us, and must be brought into perspective over differences...

As we are now to our surrounding, such is a virus, exploiting cells, destroying them, and in turn destabilizing the larger systems that depends on these cells. They consume and multiply for nothing but their own survival, but what viruses do not seem to be conscious of is the fact that once enough cells are destroyed and bodies destabilized their own demise is imminent. Therefore if such negative purpose is to be carried out more efficiently, it would defeat the purpose of their actions. It makes me think of the proposed "dark matter," energies suggested to be constantly in opposition to energy that binds the planets and the universe. It's all symbolic of the conflicting matters within us and about us.
edit on 31-3-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now and here (nowhere) there is an illusion, an image appearing. The image that is appearing to you is seen by you, known by you. The 'brain' is not seen by you. The 'mind' is just one thought at a time appearing.
A 'brain' can be seen if you open up a skull and look inside but it will just look like a lump of meat.

Reality is what is appearing now to you. There are many 'things' appearing now. Color, sound, smell. taste, touch, words (as thought), sensations, emotions.
What is seen and known is the illusion but what SEES and KNOWS is not an illusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think so and i believe they are the members of an extremely advanced class-3 alien civilization...

And some of their technologies we preceive as our rain,our wind and our snow...

Wow........that's quite a leap!

Not one I really share, yes our minds create a "reality" that our brains can understand........but controlled by aliens?

I give no more credence to that idea than I would that there is a "creator" AKA.....GOD!

The Universe is more vast and more awe inspiringly mysterious than the human brain can comprehend..........even if everyone in the entire world had the same brain capacity as Einstein we STILL wouldn't be close to knowing it all!

Aliens need not be any part of our "Illusion"........the Universe is mysterious enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I can see you and you can see me,but we are both unable to see reality...why?

because something or someone does'nt want us to?

and "if" the god of the old testament actually made the heavens,the earth and us,then that god made our material reality,the one we cant see...

and so that god is the one who intentionally designed us in a certain way,so we cannot see that reality...

that god of the old testament is a jealous,vengeful and murderous being and now the plot thickens immensely,as we find ourselves a few leaps closer to the truth?

edit on 31-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Ancestor Simulation,is reality an illusion? > www.nasca.org.uk...

edit on 1-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Now I think this comment of yours actually makes some sense.

Subjective reality.

However, this ignores the objective reality that's outside ourselves.

What you seem to think is that there's NO objective reality.
edit on 1-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Double post. Sorry.

EDIT. Everything macroscopic is apparently quantum in nature but it's not measurable. If everything at its root is quantum then what does it mean when a range of possibility becomes discrete?

We're a range of possibility that has become somehow deterministic.

Quantum decoherence is what has me confused. The collapse of the wave function.

What does it all mean.

I understand that EVERYTHING I know and believe is inside my mind.

But I also believe there's an objective reality outside myself even though everything is inside my mind.

The one thing that suggests there's an objective reality is the consistency of observation. You look away and you look back and not much if anything has changed. That implies it exists somewhere. If it didn't then when you look back at it you would see something different or it would have changed dramatically.

The one thing I've learned is my mind isn't very consistent. I may surprise myself sometimes, but there's no way my brain could be so consistent with the objective reality I perceive outside myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
We all want to discover the meaning of this reality but time and time again people die without knowing what it all means. That's very likely, if not certain for every single person reading this thread. If you have a strong faith, you may be able to feel certain. But the rest of us won't. We're on a journey. This reality is a puzzle like no other. I'd like an answer just like you. But I don't think one is going to come.

I also think this quest to know reality is a attempt at escape from reality.

However, who of us chose to be here? If you didn't choose, then does that make you a prisoner?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Didnt you already start threads like this?

Rehashing old material for a new thread is against T and C

And using replies copy and pasted from old threads is too

Reality is a hologram

Our minds are simulated reality

Heres another thread where he completely contradicts this one..........but was closed because......like this one he rehashed old information and copy and pasted old posts

Aliens project a 3d world to us

All paranormal is inside our brains and no where else

These are all basically the same threads........the one above has the SAME name except a few different words

I contend the mods deal with this.........

This is NOT off topic because this deals with this very thread and the same information you continue to say you have "conviction" of , yet you cant seem to do anything but contradict yourself.....

Explain whyyou keep creating the same threads please?

edit on 1-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by blocula

Now I think this comment of yours actually makes some sense.

Subjective reality.

However, this ignores the objective reality that's outside ourselves.

What you seem to think is that there's NO objective reality.
Subjective reality is reality seen through our inner mental filters,shaped by our past conditioning...

Objective reality is how things really are...

Although it is impossible for us to perceive anything objectively...

So how things really are,does'nt really exist...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Didnt you already start threads like this?

Rehashing old material for a new thread is against T and C

And using replies copy and pasted from old threads is too

Reality is a hologram

Our minds are simulated reality

Heres another thread where he completely contradicts this one..........but was closed because......like this one he rehashed old information and copy and pasted old posts

Aliens project a 3d world to us

All paranormal is inside our brains and no where else

These are all basically the same threads........the one above has the SAME name except a few different words

I contend the mods deal with this.........

This is NOT off topic because this deals with this very thread and the same information you continue to say you have "conviction" of , yet you cant seem to do anything but contradict yourself.....

Explain whyyou keep creating the same threads please?

edit on 1-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)
I haven't created a hologram thread in months and the moderators have already reviewed my threads pertaining to what you've mentioned and if its okay with you,can i go outside and play now?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Double post. Sorry.

EDIT.
The one thing that suggests there's an objective reality is the consistency of observation. You look away and you look back and not much if anything has changed. That implies it exists somewhere. If it didn't then when you look back at it you would see something different or it would have changed dramatically.

Everything exists within a continuous state of flux,everything is in constant motion and everthing is changing constantly within the shifting sands of this surrealistic illusion we call reality,a virtual hologram created and existing within our minds...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have a question for you, Blocula.

Everything exists within a continuous state of flux,everything is in constant motion and everthing is changing constantly within the shifting sands of this surrealistic illusion we call reality

If this is true, how do constants and solid exist at all?

If reality is a hologram, how can I type these keys on the keyboard, or slam my fist against a wall? How do shapes retain their dimensions over long periods of time (like the pyramids) is the hologram is in constant fluctuation? No building would remain standing, no planet would remain solid, and forces like gravity would be entirely non-existent as they're not needed. Explain how these things exist.

Second, how do the process of birth, aging, decay, and death work if everything is a false-reality? How was I even born if my birth was just part of a holographic simulation? How were my parents born? Grandparents? How can something die if it was neither born, nor lived (as life requires birth/blooming)?

My problem with the Holographic Universe Theory, as stated by the unenlightened, is that they can never explain these things. The real Holographic Universe doesn't state reality is an illusion, and therefore fake—that's actually a Buddhist concept—but instead states that reality exists circling the event horizon of a universal black-hole, which will slowly suck us in, to nonexistence.

Two very different things.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join