It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else

page: 9
21
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by blocula
 

I have to go to bed. I'm told it's time to defrag and update the simulation. J/k.

(i think dreams are our brain's method of simulating reality)
edit on 2-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
We have to fall sleep and we are compelled to without choice,because while we sleep,our brains are being downloaded with new virtual reality data that we upload,without even realizing it and that uploaded data becomes our following days simulated reality experiences > www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)


en.wikipedia.org...

this man must be a highly paid actor..




posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


how does infra-red work in your opinion? we cant see it or process it with the given instruments of our body.. but the effects are still there.

does our brain create these imaginary frequencies/waves of light for the purpose of not seeing it?

or carbon monoxide, we cant see it, cant taste it, cant hear it, cant smell it and cant touch it.. so it does not exist to our brain. but it can still kill us?
edit on 28-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by blocula
 


or carbon monoxide, we cant see it, cant taste it, cant hear it, cant smell it and cant touch it.. so it does not exist to our brain. but it can still kill us?
edit on 28-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)
We invent machines that are able to detect those things existing beyond our visible wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum...

And there must also exist colors we've never seen,sounds we've never heard,sensations we've never touched, odors we've never smelled and flavors we've never tasted...

But anything existing within the electromagnetic spectrum,from radio waves to gamma rays,that we have detected,or ever will detect with our senses and with our machines,are nothing more than the result of our brains arranging and interpreting the incoming signals from those machines and our five senses into images that are comfortable and compatible for ourselves,for our brains...

Because nothing is real outside of our minds...

Everything is taking place inside our brains and nowhere else...

And most amazingly of all,the only thing our eyes see is light and nothing else...

And so even death is an illusion and nothing to live in fear of...

The Electromagnetic Spectrum > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
 
Like i said,every single thing,everything,is invisibly connected as one.From stars to butterflies,from rocks to clouds,from comets to wind,from trees to people and all those things are illusions that only really exist in our minds,within our brains and nowhere else...

Like it or not,admit it or not,all we see with our eyes is light and nothing else and our brains arrange and interpret those inflowing photons into comfortable and compatible "images" and those images we "think" of as reality,do not really exist outside of our minds and you and i dont really exist outside of our minds either,nothing does,not even the atoms we "think" comprise our brains,which are also only illusions we think are real...

If you and i turned off our five senses,what would remain of this reality for us?...Nothing...

If every single living thing simultaneously turned off their five senses,what would remain of this reality for them?... Nothing...Everything they perceived as being real would suddenly vanish and exist no more...And then our reality would be exposed for what it really is...an illusion...


edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


The brain is part of the illusion.
Everything seen or known is the illusion.
Only the seer and knower of the illusion is not an illusion, therefore it is reality.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by blocula
 


The brain is part of the illusion.
Everything seen or known is the illusion.
Only the seer and knower of the illusion is not an illusion, therefore it is reality.
Of course,but even reality is'nt really real,its an illusion only existing within our minds and nowhere else...



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How do we even know what Reality is? Is there such a thing?

If our president lies to us, our media lies to us, our history books lie to us, major events get fabricated, wars started over nothing, poli-tricks, drugs, guns, religion, death, racism, music, money....etc

Everything seems man-made, like we are trapped in a very high-tech experiment. We sleep half our lives anyway, dreaming at night.

What is reality?



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by blocula
 


The brain is part of the illusion.
Everything seen or known is the illusion.
Only the seer and knower of the illusion is not an illusion, therefore it is reality.
Of course,but even reality is'nt really real,its an illusion only existing within our minds and nowhere else...


The knower of what is happening presently is real but it is not definable. You know you are but what you 'are' cannot be defined.
You say it is the mind that existence appears in, but the mind is seen and known so is an aspect of existence. The seer and knower of the mind is real.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You make the classic mistake to seek for the "absolute truth" where there is none.

Yes, in fact everything is "not real" in a sense, and many things in our life are more subjective than anything else. Even concepts like "history", memories, feelings..etc...are all subjective things, but this doesn't make them "less real" since we humans are beings where such things play a role.

We are NOT machines working off 0s and 1s like a computer where a button is pressed and then some pre-fabricated scenario is played. We are not perfect, we are highly subjective, one thing for one person can have a totally different meaning for the other. We use concepts like "good" or "evil" etc...which only make sense within our limited (?) capabilities within a human brain...eg. what is love...what does "morale" mean...what does it mean if we "feel" a certain way, bored, excited, sad, happy etc..etc.... And all those things DO play a role because they are making us human. They are as real (maybe even MORE real) than scientific formulas in some book. Think about it...
edit on 28-4-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 




If you and i turned off our five senses,what would remain of this reality for us?...Nothing...

Try telling that to victims of tornadoes that struck while they were sleeping. You think reality pauses for your slumber? If you don't awaken to perceive the event you still will be affected by it. Either there's something about your theory that you're not explaining very well or you simply don't know enough to understand why you're so wrong.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
How do we even know what Reality is? Is there such a thing?

If our president lies to us, our media lies to us, our history books lie to us, major events get fabricated, wars started over nothing, poli-tricks, drugs, guns, religion, death, racism, music, money....etc

Everything seems man-made, like we are trapped in a very high-tech experiment. We sleep half our lives anyway, dreaming at night.

What is reality?
Something or someone has trapped our minds within this materialistic existence.We have been wrongly misled and tricked into believing that this temporary life is our true reality,but its not.We are enslaved by a sinister and malevolent force that manipulates and controls this world of illusions where nothing stays the same and nothing is real...
edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 
We are compelled to fall asleep.Why? We have no other choice.Why? We have no say in the matter. Why? Because we have to fall asleep,so our brains can be down-loaded with new virtual data and when we awaken,while we are conscious,our brains are up-loading that previously stored virtual data,which becomes our continuing simulated reality experience we call life and so this illusion is perpetually maintained even while we are sleeping...

edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 

I never asked why we fall asleep. I get all your virtual data simulated realty , whatever have fun with that. The question is about why things happen to people even when there's no perception to cause an illusion in the first place. Why do you avoid this question? How can a blind person walk into an illusion?



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We'll never be able to comprehend why everything is an illusion,unless we first understand what vision is,what our eyes are actually doing,what our eyes are for...

Our eyes are light receptors,they receive incoming light,thats the only reason we have eyes...

Our eyes see absolutely nothing,because our vision is a function of our brains,vision is happening within our brains,not inside our eyes...

Every single thing we see.Every tree,every cloud,every star,that seems to exist.Every insect,every animal, every person, who seems to be real,appears within us as three dimensional holographic images formed inside our brains.Those images are not formed within our eyes...

This life is a journey of the mind,every place is a voyage within our thoughts,because reality doesnt really exist...



edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 

Bloc, stay with me here. A blind person, can't see. Where is the illusion? No light involved.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 
A blind person sees nothing,because their eyes are unable to receive light,or their eyes are unable to send received light through their optical nerves and into their brains.But a blind person still has four senses.Their hearing,their taste,their touch and their smell and those remaining senses only exist within their brains,are only happening inside their minds...

Our noses dont smell anything,our brains do.Our fingers dont touch anything,our brains do.Our ears dont hear anything,our brains do.Our tounges dont taste anything,our brains do.Because all those senses,including our eyes,are only transmitters,receiving and sending sensory information into our brains and our brains arrange and interpret those inflowing sensory signals into a compatible and comfortable version or reality that doesnt really exist....




edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by prevenge
 
Like i said,every single thing,everything,is invisibly connected as one.From stars to butterflies,from rocks to clouds,from comets to wind,from trees to people and all those things are illusions that only really exist in our minds,within our brains and nowhere else...

Like it or not,admit it or not,all we see with our eyes is light and nothing else and our brains arrange and interpret those inflowing photons into comfortable and compatible "images" and those images we "think" of as reality,do not really exist outside of our minds and you and i dont really exist outside of our minds either,nothing does,not even the atoms we "think" comprise our brains,which are also only illusions we think are real...

If you and i turned off our five senses,what would remain of this reality for us?...Nothing...

If every single living thing simultaneously turned off their five senses,what would remain of this reality for them?... Nothing...Everything they perceived as being real would suddenly vanish and exist no more...And then our reality would be exposed for what it really is...an illusion...


edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



so you're saying that all shared and agreed upon reality .. ie: the computer my girlfirend and I both use .. awe agree it "exists" for all intents and purposes... this agreed upon reality.. is merely a psychological construct.. and nothing really exists..


i can agree on that bu then again you'd have to redefine "existence...

and what you're saying is that all "concieved reality" is merely a feedback presentation of consciousnesses' dream of itself...



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
 
We are three dimensional pixels of pulsating holographic light,surrounded by vibrating waves of invisible darkness and our entire universe and everything and everyone within it,are subliminal fractals of eachother,all existing within a magnificently profound and astonishingly strange illusion...

edit on 29-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
 
We are compelled to fall asleep.Why? We have no other choice.Why? We have no say in the matter. Why? Because we have to fall asleep,so our brains can be down-loaded with new virtual data and when we awaken,while we are conscious,our brains are up-loading that previously stored virtual data,which becomes our continuing simulated reality experience we call life and so this illusion is perpetually maintained even while we are sleeping...

edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...

this bloke was awake for 38 years no sleep after getting the flu..

is he a highly paid actor?



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by blocula
 


or carbon monoxide, we cant see it, cant taste it, cant hear it, cant smell it and cant touch it.. so it does not exist to our brain. but it can still kill us?
edit on 28-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)
We invent machines that are able to detect those things existing beyond our visible wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum...

And there must also exist colors we've never seen,sounds we've never heard,sensations we've never touched, odors we've never smelled and flavors we've never tasted...

But anything existing within the electromagnetic spectrum,from radio waves to gamma rays,that we have detected,or ever will detect with our senses and with our machines,are nothing more than the result of our brains arranging and interpreting the incoming signals from those machines and our five senses into images that are comfortable and compatible for ourselves,for our brains...

Because nothing is real outside of our minds...

Everything is taking place inside our brains and nowhere else...

And most amazingly of all,the only thing our eyes see is light and nothing else...

And so even death is an illusion and nothing to live in fear of...

The Electromagnetic Spectrum > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)


but blocula what happened before the time we had machines to detect carbon monoxide? why did miners start to bring canaries into coal mines? we never knew carbon monoxide was there, we couldnt see it smell it feel it nor taste it. it shouldnt exist, how did we create something we have absolutely no perception of?

i should add, how were these early miners killing themselves when they had no idea what was killing them?
edit on 29-4-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join