It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks in America are under attack.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Blacks are being unfairly victimized all over the US and the Trayvon Martin case is just the latest in a common theme. Latinos in particular are joining whites in ganging up on African Americans. From Zimmerman shooting Trayvon to the Cleveland Texas incident it seems as though blacks in America cannot catch a break. I feel that the African American justice movement missed an opportunity to move their cause forward with the Cleveland Texas incident wherein blacks were clearly being unfairly victimized by the media, police and the latino community. I am amazed that the country wasn't up in arms about this case.

Here is one story and video regarding this injustice.
abcnews.go.com...

Here's a story about the brave community support for the unfairly accused youn men.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

We must defend blacks from unfair stereotypes and unjust prosecution.
www.gq.com...

All this hubbub, protesting and race related insanity just reminded me of this story and I wonder where the protests and walkouts are for an 11 year old girl.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If you think black people are under attack come to Detroit. I'm white and can't walk down the street or I'll get shot.
edit on 24-3-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Blacks aren't under attack;

We are ALL under attack.

End of story.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
Blacks aren't under attack;

We are ALL under attack.

End of story.

This crap is being engineered right now for a perfect storm, I feel it. I just can't figure out why yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hammanderr
We must defend blacks from unfair stereotypes and unjust prosecution.

Who defends us white people from black racists, unfair stereotypes and 'events' like 'beat whitey night'?

No, black people by now have perfectly learned how to play the race card, the underdog card and that stupid 'i can't get a good job because i'm black' bull#

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I find it amazing that in ...2012 ...that's Two Thousand Twelve, with all the advancements we've made, achievements we've accomplished, that one's race is still an issue. Really!?

Everyone should get over themselves, it's senseless!! Utterly senseless!

Anyone that has an issue with someone's race in this day and age is merely lacking an education, simple as that.

Go back to school please.

edit on 3/24/2012 by UberL33t because: ETA

reply to post by hammanderr

Regardless if this post was sarcasm or irony, my statement still stands for the whole regarding the issue.
edit on 3/24/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Blacks are under attack.

They are under attack from Obama, Farrakhan, Sharpton, Jackson et al.

When we/they lift ourselves from the preconceived notions that THEY have determined for us, then we will be free from attack.

link   
Evidently sarcasm and irony are lost on some of you. The links provided should make that clear.

link   

Yes yes yes.. any time something happens to a black person, unless caused by another black person, it's clearly society as a wholes fault.

Whether it's the fact that they have the highest unemployment rate, the highest percentage of crime to population, the highest poverty to population, the highest percentage of broken families, the lowest test scores and the lowest graduation rate.... black always, always, always blame whites.

Take some responsibility. I'm tired of being told to feel guilty because your ancestors were slaves (while mine didn't even live in the country) Or being told society is institutionally racist while every other race gets on fine. Never hear Asian bitching about how school's unfair? How they can't get a job? How the white man keeps em down? Nooooo no no .. you'd only hear that from someone who's black. And I'm tired of hearing after every time someone of another color does something to you that it was because of your color. Get over it. Mr. Martin probably thought he was a gangsta, took a swing at Mr. Zimmerman and ended up shot in the chest.

I could always dig out stories of blacks attacking other races, especially whites .. but I'd breach the character limit of the site just in my town alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't think blacks are being ganged up on and you can't use some news articles to paint such a broad picture...we are all under attack regardless of race from another race..their is discrimination on both ends..you have all areas of media perpetuating this tension..you now have award ceremonies celebrating hispanics, blacks such as the latin awards and the essences awards..you have a all black enterntainment channel that caters to black americans with all black commercials..my point being as much as people want to integrate or say they want to integrate as soon as they have the opportunity to band together they will forgetting about the struggle for integration and what it turly means to integrate. Lets not let a bunch of bad apples ruin it for the people who truly do not have issues with race...we cannot lump what a few people do to speak as the majority....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hammanderr
Blacks are being unfairly victimized all over the US and the Trayvon Martin case is just the latest in a common theme. Latinos in particular are joining whites in ganging up on African Americans.

You might want to make a more balanced statement ...

76% of the time when violence is done against a black person .. it's by another black person.
Black on black violence

Whether you call it a health issue or genocide, “Black on Black violence” is an enormous crisis in the Black community. 1 in 146 black males are at risk of violent death, whereas the ratio for white men is 1 in 189. What do we mean by “Black on Black crime?” It may be described as anytime a Black person inflicts violent harm on another Black person. In one study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (covering reported violent crime that occurred between 1993-98) when the offender had been identified, 76% of the time the violence was intra-racial.

93% of black people who are murdered, are murdered by other black people.
Black on black violence

The alarming statistics about violence among African-American boys and men is so oft-cited that they have become clichés: for example, “black men are the leading cause of death among young blacks [male and female]”; “1 in 146 black males are at risk of violent death”; and though comprising only 13 percent of the U.S. population, 43 percent of all murder victims are black, compounded by the fact that 93 percent of them are killed by other blacks.

Federal Statistics of black on white violence, with links and mathematical extrapolation formulas

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery. Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife...

Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.... Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah. I also dislike being told that "I'm in the wrong neighborhood" if I want to go over to the south side. Which is very concerning, considering I carry a buck knife. I have already had to pull it on a woman who attempted to break into my car at nine in the morning. At a red light. In broad daylight. If I'm in the wrong hood, youre in the wrong state of mind.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get away with telling a young twenty something year old black guy that in my neighborhood without some retaliation.

Ignorance runs rampant throughout many communities. However, blacks have been catered fast food, bad booze, bad drugs and bad bad bad propaganda.

Therefore, they tend to be raised in a much more ignorant slump than most. It isn't THIER fault, they have been screwed over.

The only way to overcome it, is to drop the race card entirely. On both sides. That just isn't going to happen in America.
edit on 24-3-2012 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Have money, does not have money.

Those are the factions in the world.

There is one race, human.

Move value to something other than currency.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Evidently some of you don't click on links or think too deeply before you reply. I'm not sure how I could have made my point any more clearly than I did.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Sarcasm and written word go poorly together.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why do you feel it's necessary to highlight one group's problems, when clearly all groups face the same things everyday?

EDIT: I see what you're getting at.

Something that comes to mind for me was the time the Muslim women tried to crub stomp that guy and the judge let them go because of their culture

Where was the outrage?

EDIT 2: But wait, that wasn't the US was it?
edit on 24-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
there is a black cop in my town, every time he pulls younger people over (up into lates 20s) he'll put you in handcuffs for no reason. He pulled me and two friends over, something about blinker lights. but he took our half white half mexican friend and put him in handcuffs and told us to go stand by the car. so it's me(not in handcuffs), my friend(in handcuffs), and my other white friend soon comes meet us(not in handcuffs). people who think only black people are being attacked are nothing less than racist. people taking pride in their skin colour, are racist. you identify yourself as a black man, you separate yourself from the rest of humanity- you're a racist. pride is fuel for this kind of ignorance, but many people are still enjoying their ignorance. they haven't known the pain of it

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Damn the Internet. My apologies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join