It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

When it comes to the stand your ground law, or castle law, the way it works is pretty simple. If you begin the confrontation, it does not apply. However, if you start an altercation, then make your intentions known that you wish to remove yourself from said altercation, it does apply. You have to able to articulate a reasonable belief that you are in fear for your life or serious bodily injury, or the life or serious injury to a third party, or to stop a forcible felony. A forcible penalty would include, robbery, home invasion, assault, car jacking, kidnapping, rape, burglary etc. This is how it was explained to me by a judge, and also pretty much how it reads in most state's statutes that have a similar law. Depending on the state and it's laws, the burden of proof is usually on the state to prove it was not justifiable, some states, such as ohio, shift the burden to the defendant.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

I know how it works i was putting it in simple terms for the boy

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
reply to post by pizzanazi75

well, i think alot of those whacky laws make sense. My state's laws are very similar. Florida's gun and self defense laws are more strict then the ones here. We also have the same homestead law.

Well I think its those wacky laws that create situations like this for no reason at all. Ive heard 'justifiable homicide' has gone up 300% in FL since these laws were enacted......I can't see how anyone thinks these laws are good.

Its fine to SYG in your home....I myself can even argue for that...but on the street being a vigilante is wrong and crazy and the law needs to protect people from people like that, not the other way around...

link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Thanks, I never saw that first interview with that witness "John" before. Seems to close the case right there, dude was on top beating him up. Bang, dead, self defense. He probably had the best view too, it was in his front yard

SM2

link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by SM2

sorry, my bad, i misread it then.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75

Originally posted by SM2

well, i think alot of those whacky laws make sense. My state's laws are very similar. Florida's gun and self defense laws are more strict then the ones here. We also have the same homestead law.

Well I think its those wacky laws that create situations like this for no reason at all. Ive heard 'justifiable homicide' has gone up 300% in FL since these laws were enacted......I can't see how anyone thinks these laws are good.

Say that when you have someone on top of you beating you to death.

Its fine to SYG in your home....I myself can even argue for that...but on the street being a vigilante is wrong and crazy and the law needs to protect people from people like that, not the other way around...

The law is meant to protect people from criminals, only fundamentalist liberals would detest laws that actually prevent criminals from acting like criminals.

SM2

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

So, lets put out a hypothetical, you and your wife are walking downtown, a thug decides to attack you, what do you do suggest people do?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by SM2

your boy...would that be zimmerman....if you have something to say to me or about me say it to me...

you use of the word 'boy' says loads to you maturity level......you can't even stay on topic with out trying to underhandedly insult people.....you aren't worth even debating with.

You have no respect for anyone, and I would say that includes yourself most of all.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

"Justifiable Homocide" is a good thing. Every "Justifiable Homocide" means another attacker dead, won't be able to do it to someone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

Originally posted by SM2

So, lets put out a hypothetical, you and your wife are walking downtown, a thug decides to attack you, what do you do suggest people do?

What makes you think I couldn't fight back? what makes you think my wife isn't trained in pesonal safety? People could be taught personal safety....remember hands can be used as deadly weapons.....

So to answer you question.....Just like if I was jumped tonight I would fight back and scream and yell if needed. You don't need a gun to defend yourself, well I know some people like you seem to think you do, and zimmerman too. I don't need a gun to defend myself. My dad is a marine he taught me my hands are deadly weapons.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

"Justifiable Homocide" is a good thing. Every "Justifiable Homocide" means another attacker dead, won't be able to do it to someone else.

No it does not mean that. It means people know before hand that what they have to say after the fact. Just like man in texas who shot 2 people breaking into his neighbors house...he chased them down and shot them dead...i know you think anyone who commits a crime should die, and thats what is wrong with these laws, they let people like you 'justify any homicide'

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I would shoot people breaking into my neighbors house too. It called protecting your community, and they would do the same for me. Gee, I wonder why there are no burgleries or theft in my town? We have no police force at all, yet the worst crime we have here is a few fights at the bars. I love living here.

edit on Wed, 04 Apr 2012 23:53:27 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
blah blah, the same old "my dad was this or that" that does not mean squat when it comes to you. I do not NEED a gun either. I do however, think it is prudent to have one just in case I am in an unthinkable scenario and I have to make a choice like that. I also dont think my house will catch fire, i still have fire extinguishers.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I would shoot people breaking into my neighbors house too. It called protecting your community, and they would do the same for me. Gee, I wonder why there are no burgleries or theft in my town? We have no police force at all, yet the worst crime we have here is a few fights at the bars. I love living here.

edit on Wed, 04 Apr 2012 23:53:27 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

No its called vigilantism....chasing people down and shooting them is not justice. Im glad you feel safe in your little town with no police force .... what does that have to with anything? It just means you live in a very very small town....there are thousands of those in America....I grew up in one....having a SYG law and conceal carry laws doesn't make you THE LAW .... i know you feel like you are, but you aren't.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As for being the "The Most Hated Man in America" I can't go that far.Theres al,jesse,.louis,jerimiah,rahm ,and even eric before you get to him....I think he's done really well to have an actual :Wanted Dead or Alive:Brandon him

SM2

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
actually the stand your ground law has a provision in it to allow you stop a forcible felony for yourself OR a third person. So it is not vigilantism to stop someone breaking into your neighbors house, that is a justifiable use of force, do I need to post the statute again?

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/0776.html

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
blah blah, the same old "my dad was this or that" that does not mean squat when it comes to you. I do not NEED a gun either. I do however, think it is prudent to have one just in case I am in an unthinkable scenario and I have to make a choice like that. I also dont think my house will catch fire, i still have fire extinguishers.

Again trying to underhand a comment. I stated my dad is a marine and taught me my hands are deadly weapons.....how is that anything but a fact of my life. You can discount that if you want. But I feel just safe walking around with my 2 deadly weapons attached to my body. I feel safer than you do obviously....I don't need a gun to protect me in the streets.

If you think its honorable to gun down an unarmed teenager and that is something to be proud you should do some soul searching. There is nothing honorable in what Zimmerman did. Why do you think his family has said he is remorseful? ...... something you have no concept of it seems.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Call it vigilantism, I really don't care. It is people that are willing to stand up for themselves, and their neighbors against scumbags that think it's ok to take what is not theirs. Against scumbags who think it is ok to go around beating people up. Our town got rid of the money sucking police force, and passed laws allowing us to stand up for ourselves and our property. The young people that turn out to be scum want out as soon as they can, and head to a liberal city, where people have to call the cops and cannot defend themselves. Good riddens to bad rubbish.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
actually the stand your ground law has a provision in it to allow you stop a forcible felony for yourself OR a third person. So it is not vigilantism to stop someone breaking into your neighbors house, that is a justifiable use of force, do I need to post the statute again?

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/0776.html

Is there any scenario for you that is not justified by death? Its hardly SYG if you are running to chase someone to kill them....but the NRA wrote and lobbied these bills to law .... more guns...more members more money...

Its not about being safe with people like you .... its about killing. Its in your soul it seems and you enjoy doing it and seeing it done .... its like a fetish. Its pretty sad and if I give it too much thought its downright scary.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

You are misinterpreting the statistics.

While more murder cases have been interpreted as self defense under the new law, murder rates have been stable for a decade. Its not that more murders are being committed, more involving self defense claims have been ruled justifiable.

In Florida, since the new self defense laws took affect violent crime is down nearly 20%.

Google it for yourself

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join