It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull mocks Jesus and Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

But some of them are only bothered about the real issues like Red Bull using Jesus to sell juice

for a one liner
that was pretty darn succinct
edit on 23-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

LOL - I thought this thread was about this...

I guess I was wrong; this is funny though.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am agnostic but can understand why some people feel offended.

What irks me is the fact that the company do not have the "bottle" to do something similar for Mohammed. So it is going after Christianity as this is the soft touch - it is not treating all religions fairly.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Waaahhh you made fun of my beliefs!

If you really cared about your beliefs and held true to them you'd simply ignore this and continue on with your daily life. It's not even a big deal. Now if they said "Jesus is fake!" I could understand, but come on!

Like another poster said, poor Christians, getting offended at anything/everything.

GET OVER IT.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I guess the streets will flow with blood now. The ATS mockers of religion will strangely flock to defend the rage.... Oh wait that only applies to Islam.

Sunday school laughs and fun Jesus will not be the Jesus most of you will encounter. Repent before it is too late

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
oh, poor christians... offended by almost everything.

I find this offensive, because it is a lie. At least we won't beat you to death for mocking Jesus. We just ask that you respectfully do not do so.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How is this silly cartoon, which only implies that he's using stepping stones IN THIS CASE, mocking a beloved family member? That's asinine thinking. For Christ's sake (really), stop. Stop with the petty bawling.

What about that comic who uses Achmed The Dead Terrorist? A puppet? He also mocks rednecks, old dour men, and HIMSELF, with Peanut. How about the SNL Church lady? Will Farrell's portrayal in Superstar?
What about Eddie Izzard, one of the most hilarious comics of all time (in my opinion). What about South Park and Family Guy and the Simpsons? All of them have absolute genius humor about modern religion, culture, society....no one is spared.
Jews,
bible-thumpers,
Hindus ,
convenience store owners,
cops,
priests,
Mexicans,
Chinese,
Japanese,
....*breathes*....
Kim Jong Il,
school counselors,
teachers,
computer nerds,
Presidents,
used car salesmen,
women in mom-jeans,
gang-bangers,
marching band members,
rednecks,
...*breathes*......all REAL PEOPLE....and I could come up with 50 more, but I trust you get the drift.

Do you see all those living people making threads on ATS about how they're being persecuted? What about all the "new age" bashing that goes on here? Huh? All the "fringe loony" labeling, all the proselytizing, the condemnation..the ridicule and the "that's dumb" and "you're stupid" and
and
at people who disagree with Christian, that goes on RIGHT HERE on these forums, EVERY DAY.

JESUS IS NOT HERE. Neither is Muhamad, or Moses, or Abraham, or Krishna, or Ghandi, or Santa Claus, or Zeus, or the Lady of the Lake. Jesus, you guys.
Get a grip. It's humor. That's all it is. Jesus would like humor. Lighten up. We should be more concerned about what Red Bull does to the body, than what some stupid advertising agency dreamed up and some dish-wad Red Bull marketer bought. So he could sell Red Bull to people who might find it cute.

It must really suck to be so up-in-arms all the time. Ignorance isn't bliss...it's hell.

You offended? Then don't come here! Turn off your TV! Sit in your room and read your Bible! Just lay off of everybody else, PLEASE.

For crying out loud. It's a freaking CARTOON. As if Jesus never used stepping stones or slipped and gasped out "God" from time to time. Get a sense of humor. It's not that bad. We're ALL silly in some way or another.
Get over yourselves.

/rant
That is all.
edit on 23-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They can mock Jesus this way because they know they will not be killed for it. If this were Muhammad on this commercial, muslims all across the globe would have killed people over it.

Thank God they mocked Jesus and not Muhammad. The King of Kings suffers at the hands of men once more. I never drank red bull, definately will not now. I think red bull just hurt it's sales over this one, because there's going to be millions of christians who will never touch the stuff again because some asshat in their marketting decided to go along with this.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh, right. And that's why Jeff Dunham is still alive, wildly popular, and makes people laugh.
Fail.

edit on 23-3-2012 by wildtimes because: remembered his name

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Were Jesus alive today, he would be turned away at the door of 99 percent of the churches for not being dressed well enough.

This is a stereotype generalization. Have you ever been in 99% of the churches today? No? Then this is called "bearing false witness" or LYING, which Jesus does have a problem with.

I can assure you, alot of us do not even care what you wear. I wear shorts and t-shirts to church when it's warm and sweatsuit when its colder and no one even looks at me or says anything, so that shows what you do not know. Jesus doesn;t care about what you're wearing. 2000 years ago most people only had the clothes on their backs and deoderant didn't even exist, so stow your sterotypical comments.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Mocking? hardly is it? just using a figure to advertise their product.....a bit like how Christianity uses a figure to push their product

edit on 23-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Hey monkeyboy, Christians aren't using a "figure" - they are using the man who is the BASIS of Christianity. That's kinda why the word Christianity begins with the letters CHRIST.

Kudos, genius. You've laid bare your ignorance for all to see.

Completely incorrect. If Red Bull, were marketing itself with a Red Bull, it would not be marketing red bulls, but a soft drink. Christianity markets an absurd religion with a demi-god. Christ was just a dude. Get over it people. We realized Hercules wasn't a demi-god with the whole Disney movie. I mean c'mon guys... I'm even Christian and I don't believe this line of [red] bull.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
That's your opinion, my opinion is quite different. One of us is right and the other is wrong. The difference is I don't force my opinion on you like you just did on us.

Hypocrisy is a two-way street.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Christians are very tolerant, my friend.

No, they're not. They're just more tolerant than the psychos I think you're comparing them to.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Garfee because: because i are dum dum

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

are you ill. why do you have to mock Christianity. what has Jesus done do you. if you don't believe in Jesus let it go.

to be angry at someone or something that has done no harm to you isn't rational or sane. or maybe Jesus is tormenting that little pathetic demon you carry around.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Okay guys let's break this down.

Red Bull decided to use a common, well known, pop culture icon in the West for this ad campaign: Jesus. Because of where this drink is marketed, it makes complete sense because we ALL know who Jesus is and the common stories associated with him. One of the better known stories of Christ is that he miraculously walked on water when he was fishing with his disciples.

Now, this ad provides a "classical" example of humor because it defies our expectations. We know that Jesus famously "walked" on water and we also know that Red Bull "gives you wings." The ad defied BOTH of these popular conventions, both implying that no, Red Bull doesn't ACTUALLY give you wings, and Jesus didn't ACTUALLY walk on water. These are classic elements of comedy, and comedy sometimes offends those too dull to understand why it's funny. It might not make you laugh, but it's still comical.

And get over it Christians; you know for a fact it's physically impossible to walk on water unless there's a wide dispersion of weight over the water's surface tension.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

There is nothing anti-muslim about that. They were making a point. Its ridiculous how everybody is always trying to debunk the Bible. Go count how many threads there are on this website of people claiming they have proof the Bible is wrong. Seriously theres what....like a million? How many are there about the Qur'an?

Atheists are always focusing all of their time on proving Christians wrong. They never talk about anyone else. As long as you are making fun of Jesus or of Christians, apparently its ok, but if you are making fun of Mohammad or of Musims or something, then you are intolerant or prejudiced? Yeah, right. Ok.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Sunday school laughs and fun Jesus will not be the Jesus most of you will encounter.

Oh, baloney.
Mad Jesus isn't the one we're going to encounter, either.
I'm betting this lifetime on it.
We are a comical race. Laughter is the ultimate human connection. But if you don't want to hang with fun Jesus and have some good laughs with people who actually get it, and also have a sense of humor about themselves, that's your business. I know that I am part of the One, and a spark of the Divine, a portion of the Holy Spirit, resides within me. It enjoys laughing. And MAKING OTHERS LAUGH. It really really enjoys laughing. We are all connected, and you aren't entertaining your Holy Spirit, you are depressing it.

RELAX before it is too late.

Anyway, who's to say the cartoon background isn't heaven, and those two guys are there, and up there, Jesus "can't" walk on water? Huh? There. My personal, inner portion of the Divine, my unique spark, is well pleased. I've had many laughs today. I seek them out. I find laughs with humor, thought, literature, friends, pets, family, and fun folks online.
edit on 23-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lmfao
these religious nutcases these days
its a common red bull advert slogan
it gives you wings
but notice jesus didnt have to drink it to float on water
if he had to drink it for his miraculous powers then yeah take offence
but he didnt have to since he is all powerfull n stuff

too bad nobodys got the balls to do one about prophet Muhammed
wonder what would have been made about that ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join