It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull mocks Jesus and Christianity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I understand Red Bull's slogan is "It gives you wings" and that serves as a segway for Jesus drinking Red Bull and it giving him wings, thus the ability to "fly" over the water or something around those lines, but that doesn't even happen in the commercial... Jesus isn't depicted as having wings after drinking the Red Bull, as other characters experience after drinking a Red Bull. He's depicted as drinking Red Bull and walking on the tops of rocks. The topping on the cake was when "Jesus" slipped on the rock and said "Oh, Jesus"

Was it funny? Maybe if your a fan of Seth Macfarlene...
Was it in poor taste? Like the sun comes up every morning...
Am I upset? A little, but making fun of Jesus is forgivable. Will I continue to support Red Bull and their conditioning agenda? Nope

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Oh come on it doesn't make fun of Jesus. If it made fun of him it would say he is # at doing stuff.
Get a grip.
Kids are starving and you lot want to rant about an ad.....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
Am I upset? A little, but making fun of Jesus is forgivable. Will I continue to support Red Bull and their conditioning agenda? Nope

You realize it was just some writer that made this because he thought it was funny, right? To think this is some atheistic agenda to mock Christians is way more absurd than the joke itself. It's just a dude that made some jokes contradicting commonly held beliefs/stories.

For example, if I made a comic that was the Last Supper. It shows Jesus and the twelve disciples and the disciple next to him breaking the bread. Jesus is shown in a caption saying, "You just broke my body, dick."

Just an example of a JOKE i came up with on the spot regarding Christianity's well known beliefs. It's JUST good writing. There's no conspiracy to promote friggin' atheism. If anything this ad promotes Christianity and atheists should be pissed that religious symbols appear in ads.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Um, as someone who mocks Jesus and Christianity all the time, I know it when I see it. That ain't it. That's just a very old joke that used to be about a priest a rabbi and an atheist being used for advertising because its familiar and free.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Why do the Christian haters always have avatars with skulls and flames, that's what I'd like to know!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Christians = crybabies. Its simple.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Or, those with the courage to stand up to and stand down and overcome the center and source of evil in the world, hardly a whimpy endeavor!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Jesus and Moses are playing golf.
Jesus hits it on the green, and instead of walking around the water hazard he chosses to walk across it. As he steps on the water he sinks to the bottom.
Climbing out he says to Moses "the last time I just walked right across. I dont understand what the problem could be."
Moses looks at Jesus for a few seconds then asks Him,
"did you have those holes in your feet last time you did it"?
I am Christian and this joke makes me chuckle.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

I wasn't talking about the ad, I was referring to the vile hatred filled people as to why this world is going to hell in a handbasket. THAT IS MY EVIDENCE, dont believe me, watch your local 6 o'clock news. You sir are in the minority when you think the direction of the world is going in the right direction. I don't speak for God so I really don't know if he has a TiVo, I sure hope he does cause its one of the greatest inventions EVER. You clearly never read the Bible cause if you did you would clearly understand the twelve he picked, one of them deceived him. (The point is he gave us free will) I doubt you even know the name of that person. Plus, there are many stories in the Bible where he does in fact punish people and their are stories where he does forgive people as well. I'm not here to give you a christian religion lesson. Everyone is on their own path in life and the journey is unique to everyone.

Please explain to me how you know it WAS a coincidence the co-founder died, I always enjoy listening to someone that has ALL THE ANSWERS pertaining to life and death.

I also enjoy how you think Christians are all forgiving and and cant do no wrong. IF you read the Bible you would clearly read Jesus didnt spend time with the righteous he stayed with the sinners. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent."

Next time, the lesson wont be free.

edit on 24-3-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The most interesting thing here, to me at least is near the end... where Jesus uses His own name in vain.

How's that for a paradox!

Re: the ad itself. It does make me wonder what belief system the creators/owners hold. Out of all the trillions of things they could have come up with they use a Christian parable?

They obviously aren't Christian themselves or they would not have done this, and they obviously have knowledge of the story... so it leaves me to wonder whether an anti-Christian agenda is at work here.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IPEEINTHESHOWER

Over the years several billion believers have died who didn't mock Jesus
so...?
Not mocking jesus must really tick him off

edit on 24-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
simply put there are not many practising christians/catholics/COE etc, look at church numbers, no one goes, you cant be right on without showing your faith daily at your local church daily, sundays even the given day for the sinners to show up once a week and show false praise, religion a joke good on red bull to piss off fakers.
read the original edicts before you say, you dont have to go to church everyday, also includes eating no flesh, no sex before marriage etc etc, you are all going to hell, lol

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER
I wasn't talking about the ad, I was referring to the vile hatred filled people as to why this world is going to hell in a handbasket. THAT IS MY EVIDENCE, dont believe me, watch your local 6 o'clock news. You sir are in the minority when you think the direction of the world is going in the right direction.

Everyone knows that the news is the media's misery microscope. If you just pay attention to that as your input, good luck. Yeah, there's a lot of hatred and difference of opinion in the world, and I think that's a GOOD thing (not the hatred). It should teach people to be tolerant. There's tons of negative things going in the world, but that doesn't mean there's not TONS of good happening as well. Just go outside and stop watching CNN. Talk to someone. People aren't too bad.

I don't speak for God so I really don't know if he has a TiVo, I sure hope he does cause its one of the greatest inventions EVER.

Clearly you didn't get my JOKE. Why the hell would God need a TiVO if he can see and control everything and APPARENTLY kill people at will? You think God would even pay attention to the television when he can watch all of it made live all the time? I really don't think you even understand the implications of "God."

You clearly never read the Bible cause if you did you would clearly understand the twelve he picked, one of them deceived him. (The point is he gave us free will) I doubt you even know the name of that person. Plus, there are many stories in the Bible where he does in fact punish people and their are stories where he does forgive people as well. I'm not here to give you a christian religion lesson. Everyone is on their own path in life and the journey is unique to everyone.

I've read the Bible, dude. I'm a Christian. Judas, i get it. I interpret the Bible as metaphorical, and the lessons invaluable. But the fact that you take all that nonsense literally DOES make me lose hope in humanity. Then I remember that I'm sure you just grew up as a kid being force fed this line of crap and that hopefully future generations won't be exposed to such drivel.

Please explain to me how you know it WAS a coincidence the co-founder died, I always enjoy listening to someone that has ALL THE ANSWERS pertaining to life and death.

Let's get to it then. An advert that a corporation released, written and animated by someone else, has literally nothing to do with the death of the co--founder of said corporation. I DON'T NEED EVIDENCE because to think that an ADVERTISEMENT had to do with someone's DEATH is f#ckin' bat sh*t insane! So you honestly think God cared enough about a JOKE that he killed someone? That's psychotic.

I also enjoy how you think Christians are all forgiving and and cant do no wrong.

Can't do no wrong
Most ironic statement I may have ever read.

An ACTUAL Christian WOULD be all forgiving because he would empathize with everyone. THIS is what Jesus taught - Try to understand where everyone's coming from and then try to help them.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hate to burst your bubble there fella but everyone goes through the death process, whether your a believer or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble there fella but everyone goes through the death process, whether your a believer or not.

HIS POINT EXACTLY! He was being SARCASTIC. I'm starting to think Christian literalists just don't understand humor, just like they don't understand the Bible.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If that's considered "funny" then maybe you'd be better off having faith. After all there's no "one" funnier than God himself!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh GREAT explanation, thanks for going into so much detail.

What are you even going off about? I think certain things are funny, yeah... And I have faith in my own thoughts/beliefs because I've rationalized them and tried to disprove them enough. You can go on having bind faith and believing what you're told, but might I suggest that you be blindly faithful to someone more intelligent?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You sure do have a lot of time on your hands fella. Indeed I do understand the implications of "God." But unlike you I dont put him in a "box" or speak on his behalf. And a true Christian would never say the bible is "nonsense."

I hope you dont spend all day on the interwebz. I suggest you take a walk in a park, see some nature, get some sun. And most of all practice what you preach fella about empathizing with everyone instead of making assumptions about another persons upbringing how they were being forced fed crap.

And you call yourself a christian.

edit on 24-3-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

nooo, say it aint so...!
duh!

PS
thanks Univox you have restored my faith...in humanity....LOL
I have nothing but respect for practicing Christians...its the ones that don't think they need the practice that scare me

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnivoxSuperfuzz

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

There's no conspiracy to promote friggin' atheism. If anything this ad promotes Christianity and atheists should be pissed that religious symbols appear in ads.

I don't believe that I specifically said the commercial was promoting an Atheist agenda. Excuse me for leaving out specific details which would make you assume that; I was trying to point out the Antichrist agenda. Atheism is a thing of the past as the general consensus nowadays is that you cannot prove or disprove God.

How would this commercial promote Christianity when Christians believe that Jesus's miracles and feats is what proved to everyone that he is who he says he is. Family Guy shows Jesus and God acting like regular people, one specific example is when God is in a bar and tries to pick up girls using his powers to impress them. Then he points his "magic finger" to the girl and lightning strikes her while Jesus and God make the escape. Does Family Guy promote Christianity?

All of Jesus's miracles and the stories that you hear from the bible about him walking on water, turning water into wine, resurrecting from the dead, etc. is what attributes to the Christian belief that he is God in the flesh. Only Christians believe that Jesus Christ is who he says he is: the Son of God, who is of God in the flesh that came to fulfill the Law given by God to the Jews and to spread it to the other nations. All other religions deny that one single fact that we hold true in Christian theology: Jesus is Lord. Jesus is of God in the flesh.

By portraying Jesus to be less than what he is, and even him saying, "Oh Jesus," (described as a paradox by a previous poster) is, IMO, conditioning people to believe that Jesus was a liar, and that there is another "Jesus" that the Jesus of the Red Bull commercial groaned out to, who I think THE antichrist will portray himself to be.

The most interesting thing here, to me at least is near the end... where Jesus uses His own name in vain.

How's that for a paradox!

Re: the ad itself. It does make me wonder what belief system the creators/owners hold. Out of all the trillions of things they could have come up with they use a Christian parable?

They obviously aren't Christian themselves or they would not have done this, and they obviously have knowledge of the story... so it leaves me to wonder whether an anti-Christian agenda is at work here.

My thoughts exactly.

edit on 24-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join