It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull mocks Jesus and Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To me this type of marketing is unacceptable. Companies will do anything to sell a product. What happened to being conservative?

They've already pulled the ad from South Africa

"We wish that our voices can be united to make clear to any secular extremist that any attack or defacement of religious symbols and sacred spaces is not acceptable," South Africa's Muslim Judicial Council wrote in a message to Cardinal Wilfrid Napier, head of the Southern African Roman Catholic Bishops Conference.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
oh, poor christians... offended by almost everything.

Really draw a picture of Jesus and show it to a Christian and then go home , draw a picture of Mohammed and go show it to some Muslims and then you might. Get to go to either the hospital or the morgue . So take it from a Christian save your hypocrisy for the right circumstance .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Religious people are always offended and feel the need to defend "God". Does no one realize that God can defend Himself if He chooses to, regardless of the religion. Its a waste of time and energy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Really draw a picture of Jesus and show it to a Christian and then go home , draw a picture of Mohammed and go show it to some Muslims and then you might. Get to go to either the hospital or the morgue . So take it from a Christian save your hypocrisy for the right circumstance .

hmmm
they really should put a verse in the bible re the inquisition
maybe some pictures too
so christians will remember to put it as a disclaymore on their helloier then thou sermans
a couple of frames from the lords resistance army kony video would probably be a good idea too..

Just sayin

edit on 23-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

PS scarface had so much cola in him Im surprised he didn't rise up and make a sequel too

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If anyone is a true believer of the most fiction book ever made in the history of mankind, AKA the Bible (any bible in whatever form belonging to any religion) then you will find everything known to man offensive!

Why should there be different religions when in the end, they talk of the same creator? Why make money by using the image of our "Creator" and make wealthy organizations (Church-Vatican for example).?

Anyway, I was baptized as Roman Catholic and since about 15 years ago, have not practiced it nor feel like one. I am a man of my own religion and believes!

I don't get offended by commercials depicting religion for what it is but I do feel sorry for those who in the name of "religion" feel offended by them!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

hmmm
maybe some pictures too
so christians will remember to put it as a disclaymore on their helloier then thou sermans
a couple of frames from the lords resistance army kony video would probably be a good idea too..

Just sayin

PS scarface had so much cola in him Im surprised he didn't rise up and make a sequel too

Yeah let's use a 600 year old excuse compared to what happens anytime a picture of Mohammed is drawn in some country. Islams answer to Christians is always the crusades or the inquisition when trying to draw a likeness to the violent behavior of Islam , stick with the present day please.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nobody needs priests, popes, rabbis, mullahs, witch doctors, or shamans to intercede with the creator on their behalf. God listens the same to you as he does to them.

There is no mandate in the Bible which gives sanctimonious preachers the right to pimp the Son of God like a two bit whore so they can amass a worldly fortune.

God GAVE his only Son to us. While he was here he GAVE his word freely not asking for anything in return. So who are these sanctimonious pimps that have to charge you and I money to attend their church?

Were Jesus alive today, he would be turned away at the door of 99 percent of the churches for not being dressed well enough.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Were Jesus alive today, he would be turned away at the door of 99 percent of the churches for not being dressed well enough.

I love your comment!

Don't forget though that before he gets turned away he needs to pay the church some sort of fee for offending their customers about his dress! LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Must be friday night in the US and most of you are drunk. Surely there must be a reason for your pack mentality

Nope. It's noonish. Midday. 1:13pm East coast....

I am offended. That doesnt mean I am pissed off or worried, or my worlds going to end or any other inane comment you may imply.

I think it's hilarious, and not offensive at all.
How about you have a look at Monty Python and The Holy Grail? I think you'd really like it.

Man, you all need to get a new panty-vendor if something this insignificant offends you. Jesus would want you to get over yourselves.

If the world is about offending people then it is not my world. You are welcome to it.

Yeah, the world of humor and open-mindedness, where people are willing to laugh at themselves, is a much cooler place to hang out than a confession box and the constant burden of unpardonable sin looming over you.
Lighten up, bro.
It's all gonna be okay.

edit on 23-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Mocking? hardly is it? just using a figure to advertise their product.....a bit like how Christianity uses a figure to push their product

edit on 23-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Hey monkeyboy, Christians aren't using a "figure" - they are using the man who is the BASIS of Christianity. That's kinda why the word Christianity begins with the letters CHRIST.

Kudos, genius. You've laid bare your ignorance for all to see.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sometimes I say ppl take life too serious...

In this case... some ppl just take fantasy too serious

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can't imagine what their perceived target audience was with the ad. Atheists & agnostics? Or did they really think Christians would find it funny too? I wasn't really offended by it until the end where Jesus slips and says "Jesus", IE, using his own name in vain. That was particularly distasteful and while the rest of it was relatively harmless that part is there to intentionally mock Christianity. That's not to say it makes me mad or anything, but it sure wouldn't make me want to run out and buy their product.

Originally posted by bwj2012
Religious people are always offended and feel the need to defend "God". Does no one realize that God can defend Himself if He chooses to, regardless of the religion. Its a waste of time and energy.

Not at all, God doesn't need defending. But God is a loved one to us and don't be surprised to see people react strongly when you insult a loved one of theirs. If I called your mother a fat, lazy, ugly slut to your face, should I expect you to sit there with no reaction? After all, your mother can defend herself, she doesn't need you to defend her, right?

maybe some pictures too

The inquisition was a byproduct of religion. Christ spoke out quite strongly against organized religion. Your beef is with religion, not Jesus.

Originally posted by groingrinder
Nobody needs priests, popes, rabbis, mullahs, witch doctors, or shamans to intercede with the creator on their behalf. God listens the same to you as he does to them.

There is no mandate in the Bible which gives sanctimonious preachers the right to pimp the Son of God like a two bit whore so they can amass a worldly fortune.

God GAVE his only Son to us. While he was here he GAVE his word freely not asking for anything in return. So who are these sanctimonious pimps that have to charge you and I money to attend their church?

Amen! Well said. My church is everywhere I go, not some brick-and-mortar edifice where some self-appointed stranger tells me how far off I am from what God wants me to be.

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Sometimes I say ppl take life too serious...

In this case... some ppl just take fantasy too serious

That's your opinion, my opinion is quite different. One of us is right and the other is wrong. The difference is I don't force my opinion on you like you just did on us.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oh please. This is not offensive, or insulting, or some form of persecution. You want to see persecution? Here, let me show you someone persecuting Buddhism, Islam, gays and lesbians, abortion rights activists, the history and foundation of America, and freedom of religion as promised by the constitution and bill of rights...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The only reason it offends you is because you let it.

God I am sick of you damn babies in society all worried about political correctness wah wah im offended.

If your offended that's fine but that doesn't mean the world has to conform to you just to pet your ego.

Be a Christian have values get offended, but when you do just be quiet and move on. Pay no mind works well.

Then we can concentrate on more important things instead of gay marriage or how the word retard should be banned. Please cry me a Nile River mister Jesus. Have a redbull it gives you wings.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Christians should consider all the things they do that would offend Jesus were the actual flesh and blood man somehow still alive. He never claimed during his lifetime to be the product of a virgin birth nor did he endorse the founding of a church in his name. He certainly wouldn't approve of brainwashing children or converting(erasing) indigenous cultures. Quite probably he was a man that spread a message of unconditional peace and unity, criticized the established authorities, and ultimately gave his life for it. Things really aren't so different today, you can still trick a human into believing anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Mocking? hardly is it? just using a figure to advertise their product.....a bit like how Christianity uses a figure to push their product

Hey monkeyboy, Christians aren't using a "figure" - they are using the man who is the BASIS of Christianity. That's kinda why the word Christianity begins with the letters CHRIST.

Kudos, genius. You've laid bare your ignorance for all to see.

Really I never knew that........sarcasm mode off.
I still stand by my comment you miss the entire point, Christian's use CHRIST as a tool to get someone believing them, yes Jesus is a product and you have been sold to him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh here we go, video evidence. Video

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The inquisition, from hundreds of years ago

Frig sake Christianity has been through the enlightenment, Islam hasn't- for sure individual nut jobs in the 21st century can use anything, including Christianity to do bad things, but to try and make the violence in the modern world equal between Islam and Christianity is loopy

Proper fruit loopy

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

hmmm
maybe some pictures too

Just sayin

Yeah let's use a 600 year old excuse compared to what happens anytime a picture of Mohammed is drawn in some country. Islams answer to Christians is always the crusades or the inquisition when trying to draw a likeness to the violent behavior of Islam , stick with the present day please.

Christians have and are NOW invading how many muslim countries and you accuse muslims of being Violent?

That attitude, good sir is exactly why people are starting to mock xians BIG TIME

so there is a statuet of limitations on murder because it lets you feel smug and superior?
kony and the lords resistance army are Now man..
why did you skip that part in your diatribe?

half the people on death row in the US are innocent they figure...NOW
Catholic priests are doing kids now
trouble with that is most of those chidren have to live with it.NOW
Muslims are being slaughtered with drones NOW

hell lets look a little more recent
the holocaust
Germany was 94 percent CHRISTIAN check the 1939 census
the jews were just the bunch of witches....that day

that is why people mock christians
have you been watching any episodes of "Good Christian Bitches"?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

But some of them are only bothered about the real issues like Red Bull using Jesus to sell juice

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join