It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull mocks Jesus and Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

What's so offensive exactly ?

Why are the people, who for some reason make themselves offended on behalf of an imaginary man that lives in the sky so unable to forgive or turn the other cheek.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

LOL - I thought this thread was about this...

I guess I was wrong; this is funny though.

That most certainly is

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How the f# did this thread turn in to Muslims vs. Christians bashing ?

You know what, religious people get upset by this only because their belief in God is weak imho.
If religious people were 100% sure of Gods existence, they would not be bothered about a commercial or a cartoon of Jesus or Mohammed.

Children die of hunger every day and no one gives a #.

Pathetic

edit on 23-3-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Who else is politically correct to mock? Islam which will bring hordes of frothing mouth Muslims out of the wood work or the Jewish faith which will sue you to death? Nope, RedBull and everyone else don't have the cajones to try that.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well im not a Christian but it still mocks the Messiah Yahuwshuwah walking on water for a purpose to show what faith means.

But whatever, the writers of the video can do what they want. They will pay in the end, Yahuwah will have the last laugh.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by MisterFister103

are you ill. why do you have to mock Christianity. what has Jesus done do you. if you don't believe in Jesus let it go.

to be angry at someone or something that has done no harm to you isn't rational or sane. or maybe Jesus is tormenting that little pathetic demon you carry around.

You don't know me one bit sir. I believe in Jesus Christ. He was an amazing man, but he wasn't the son of God. He never even said as much. I believe in him the way I believe in Ghandi. What I don't believe in, is the religion of Christianity....or any other religion that is.

Stop putting labels on things that are beyond your comprehension. Go back to reading your Bible that tells you to stone your children at the center of town if they are disobedient. And before you say 'OMG that's Old Testament', realize that it's all 'God's' word, and God says to kill your kids at the center of town for disobedience.

Again, stop putting labels on things that are beyond your comprehension.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If god was himself offended there would be a smoking crater at the redbull advertising building and Israel wouldn't need 400 nukes and six nuclear armed submarines and trillions of dollars in Us tax give aways, and the pope wouldn't need a bullet proof mobile

up here we walk on water all the time
Out to our ice fishing shacks
trust me when I say this:
for water walking
beer is better

and yes the black bull picture is right up there hilarious wise

edit on 23-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

if god din't like advertising execs why did he make them?
and platypusses...man you can tell the creator was having a LOLriot the day he made them...

I know god hates the analy retentive though...
thats why he invented chicken flu and the morning after beer runs....
edit on 23-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
that advert was worse than hitler.
those monsters!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Doesn't the whore of babylon sit on a scarlet beast? Maybe Red Bull is the anti-christ?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If your god exists I'm sure he/she/it/3.14 would be more incensed by the likes of Benny Hinn and the other fraudulent evangelists using your faith to make themselves bundles of cash.

At face value, you have a cartoon that is presenting a parody of an event that there is no evidence to show ever happened. Being upset about it is like damning hunting for what Elmer Fudd threatened to do to Bugs Bunny.
No, I'm not comparing Bugs Bunny to your Christ figure (...admit it, you WENT THERE didn't you? Oh, I know. I saw it coming. Predictability is half the fun! Fun? Oh, it's something we non-Christians enjoy from time to time. We have that freedom). Neither event actually happened. Getting upset about either is futile.

The comments like, "They wouldn't do this to Muslims" are completely vacuous too. Deflection. People are getting all riled up over something they should just laugh at.

If you are a Christian you believe in thousands of things that are considered ridiculous by many people. If you cling to these things like they are real, rather than seeing them as allegories for living a nice life, then I believe you miss much of the laughter life has to offer. You'll be too busy wondering if you're offending your Lord by wearing the wrong thing on the wrong day and what to do if you are unclean until evening. Don't tell you that at Sunday school, do they?

WWJD? Probably ROFLMAO. If you've read about him, you know he's that sort of guy!

I'd bet he was quite a fun fellow. I bet he liked a joke. I bet he could laugh at himself too.
He probably wasn't all serious and downtrodden.
I bet he'd be really upset at the state of Christianity today. I'm surprised none of you Christian are.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
UH OHHhh.
I have 666 Flags.
Now what?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Maybe Red Bull is the anti-christ?

Well, then I sure love me some Anti-Christ.....Goes down smooth. Gives me the energy I need to get through Hell work.

Joking aside, I go back and forth between Buddhist beliefs and agnosticism.

Now, Everyone is offended by something...And everything will offend someone.

This commercial does not offend me at all. I do not believe that the intention of the makers of this commercial were to offend.

So I think that should be taken into consideration. I am a firm believer in letting things role off your back. If you hear something rude or offensive and you let it get to you...well, what is the good in that? It only brings you unhappiness.

Live and let live, as they say. People will make statements, products and other things that you don't agree with. Sometimes they will do it on accident and sometimes they will do it to hurt you...

And if you let it bother you...Well, it's not hurting the person who offended you...It only hurts you. So why hurt yourself?

Try to remember that there will always be things out there that you don't like...Being offended will not change that thing, so instead, try searching for positives. Look for the good and stop focusing on negatives.

Sure, it is hard to do sometimes. Search for the positives in what seems like a negative situation...But they are there...Find them and you will find happiness...Stick with the negatives...and you will become a not so happy person.
edit on 23-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm more offended by our daily thoughts and actions than this commercial. I'm sure just about everyone here can name them off as 'common sense wrongs': lying (including little white lies), cheating (like fudging tax numbers), stealing (even that pen at the office), lustful thoughts of others when we're already engaged/married, not giving to that beggar because "I work for a living, get a job!", judging and prejudging other, etc. We mock God daily as believers and non-believers alike, brushing off Christ's death for us as if it meant nothing as we continue to do what we know is wrong. How is Red Bull being any different here?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by groingrinder

Were Jesus alive today, he would be turned away at the door of 99 percent of the churches for not being dressed well enough.

This is a stereotype generalization. Have you ever been in 99% of the churches today? No? Then this is called "bearing false witness" or LYING, which Jesus does have a problem with.

I can assure you, alot of us do not even care what you wear. I wear shorts and t-shirts to church when it's warm and sweatsuit when its colder and no one even looks at me or says anything, so that shows what you do not know. Jesus doesn;t care about what you're wearing. 2000 years ago most people only had the clothes on their backs and deoderant didn't even exist, so stow your sterotypical comments.

[color=#FF0000]NO!! My comments bear the witness of my LIFETIME OF EXPERIENCE being turned away by churches because I WAS NOT DRESSED WELL ENOUGH to enter their sanctuary. But then I am not Jesus. Maybe he would do the Jedi mind trick on them and gain access?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

you often can't get into good restauraunts dressed down either
might i suggest: like tipping the maitre'd in a place of good eats
you lay a bribe on at the door

possibly a goat or a lamb...at least a chicken
heck, maybe even a redbull (it's sort of symbolic...the bull you know?)
its a little early in the game for a first born...

but later when the plate comes round
don't put in a dead animal..or try to recycle the can from the redbull
they hate that
for some reason at that point it has to be cash.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

By your post history you and the antimusllim propaganda plugger could be one and the same. Back off with the personal attacks.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
the fact that this actually offended you is i dont even know how to describe it in words. its a silly commercial forget it and go on with your life. if your really that offended dont buy red bull? that will show them.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest

Originally posted by homeslice
oh, poor christians... offended by almost everything.

I agree. It's a joke. God would want you to laugh and be happy.

Should we have been offended because of the Geico cavemen? What's the difference? Both historical figures that had an impact on the development of our civilization...

I always wondered what kind of God wants people running around pissed off all the time, seems like all of them sometimes.

Maybe people are praying to the wrong ones...

I wonder what kind of god demands that people get down on their knees and worship him, pray for endless hours each day, thank him for everything that he creats for them to eat (rather than thank the farmer who acctually grew it), hate others who are different, preach hate but insist their religion is about love (apparently only to their own kind), the list goes on..

If you ask me, christians are a nasty peice of work (not unlike muslims and Jews).. God I am OK with, but his fan club are a bunch of tossers.
edit on 3/24/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
aint it obvious?
religion was created by the devil to trick peope into thinking there is a god
which he then tells you he speaks for

its called controlled oposition

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join