It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm sure this perp has "brown pride" all day long, until he's up on charges, then he's white.

Barack Hussein Obama is whiter than this guy.

Regardless of who's what, he should be up on a murder charge, no question.

edit on 23-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In such an incident as this he MUST be white for the outrage factor to be played to get the laws changed...."Mexican security guard kills black teen and not arrested"won't get anything changed...prob wouldn't even get much of a post on ATS...but now look st it
edit on 23-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Trumpeting Harry

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

While you are right on paper... in reality this might not be accurate everywhere you go.

I live in Austin and I'm in clinical research. When consenting potential subjects, one question we ask is "What race are you?" Now being in TX, you can imagine (and you would be correct) that a large portion of our potential subjects are hispanic. The thing is, when we ask this question, can you guess what hispanics answer is an overwhelming majority of the time?... Hispanic! Now the 'regular' (we call them regulars because they do clinical trials as their full time job, they pay well) hispanic subjects know how to answer this question... as they have been through the process enough times to ... be conditioned if you will. But with the new ones we say, after their confused answer and look, "Most hispanics answer caucasian." And not because they consider themselves to be caucasian, but because their 'race' is not an option.... on paper. Sure the government may consider them to be caucasian.... but the government may consider it's citizens terrorists too... that doesnt mean they are. Individuals decide who they are!

Point is, I guarantee you that it's not just whites or others that may not comprehend. It's the hispanics themselves, from my experience (5 years), that consider hispanic to be their race.

Perhaps this is why you didn't address the question by Shadowalker

That's very interesting. I just read a post by a Hispanic declaring that "Hispanic" is a "race" -- it is not.
Hispanic simply means anything connected to Spain. I went into this at length in previous posts.

A Hispanic can be White (as in pure Spanish), Native American, or Black and any combination or mix of these races.

Although Hispanic Blacks are often considered "Black" first, "Hispanic" second by other Hispanics. Sadly for the Blacks, the prejudice against Blacks is almost universal.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
lol

leave it to ATS to be more outraged because the attacker is being classified as white, rather than the actual murder itself.

this was a racially motivated attack, Zimmerman can be clearly heard saying the racial slur "C--n" shortly before he murders Treyvon Martin. This pig should be locked up behind bars.

Media outlets have every right to report on this however they want.

It is a well known fact that if you are black you will be racially profiled, so why is everyone up in arms about it?

The police were the ones that said Zimmerman was white. Not the media.
edit on 3/23/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by AuranVector

The name Zimmerman means "carpenter" in German. Not ALL Zimmermans are Jewish.

Also most Jews are Caucasian, whether Sephardic or Ashkenazian. Semitic people (both Jews & Arabs) are Caucasian. Khazars are also Caucasian.

There is a small group of Black Jews.

I suspect you have a very narrow definition of "Caucasian" or White. The Caucasian race is very broad and includes people who are quite dark.

What you mean is North European White (or to use the Nazi term "Aryan").

BTW, the Nazis misused the term "Aryan" to describe "Nordic" Whites.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The name Zimmerman means "carpenter" in German. Not ALL Zimmermans are Jewish.

Also most Jews are Caucasian, whether Sephardic or Ashkenazian. Semitic people (both Jews & Arabs) are Caucasian. Khazars are also Caucasian.

There is a small group of Black Jews.

I suspect you have a very narrow definition of "Caucasian" or White. The Caucasian race is very broad and includes people who are quite dark.

What you mean is North European White (or to use the Nazi term "Aryan").

BTW, the Nazis misused the term "Aryan" to describe "Nordic" Whites.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Your ancestors survived the Spanish Inquisition. Wow.

I had no idea there was so much misunderstanding about race and ethnicity at ATS -- or maybe it's just this thread.

Some died. Hanged actually, from what I have read.

The Spanish Inquisition was a terrible period. "Convert to Christianity or die."
How did they survive? I think the expedient thing to do would be to pretend conversion and then keep your real religious observances alive in secret.

The Inquisition took different forms in different parts of Europe -- none were good.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Your ancestors survived the Spanish Inquisition. Wow.

I had no idea there was so much misunderstanding about race and ethnicity at ATS -- or maybe it's just this thread.

Some died. Hanged actually, from what I have read.

The Spanish Inquisition was a terrible period. "Convert to Christianity or die."
How did they survive? I think the expedient thing to do would be to pretend conversion and then keep your real religious observances alive in secret.

The Inquisition took different forms in different parts of Europe -- none were good.

Thats exactly what they did. But still practiced in hiding. Some family members converted completely.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I work in the control room of the local news station. For those of you unfamiliar with local news and how it works, the producer(s) is the one who decides mostly what to put on air during 'their' block of a newscast. During one of our newscasts, we ran an affiliated package sent down by ABC. During the story, we (our station) labelled the man as "white." Naturally, all of us - with the exception of the producer who knew about this already - made comments about how he was obviously not white. The producer, defending why she chose to have the anchors read that he was white, told us that ABC, when sending our station the edited package and information, explicitly instructed that he be described as white. Hope that's not confusing! Basically, ABC specifically instructed our station (and probably every other station who received that story from their ABC affiliate) to describe him as white. So, from my experience, describing this man as white was without a shadow of a doubt absolutely intentional.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Vedderman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm pro gun first off, but I also believe there are those who get guns that are just itching to have a permissable reason to use one. Not everyone should have a gun, and there are laws to provide for certain individuals from legally owning one. There are on the other hand, individuals that are just as deadly behind the wheel of an automobile, or even machinery. The killing was not without contraversy as to the do or don't of the actions, but by and large, only liscensed individuals should be allowed the available use of deadly force. Training should be absolutly required to participate in these "Watch groups" not just some individual who has the financial wherewithall to own a gun. On the other hand, the racial tensions between races often times escalates such events into the forefront. So who's at fault? The belligerent suspect, or the ill educated in firearms shooter? And again the race issue blares loud here, with missdirrection, fabrication and outright lying are contrived to make it a 'black-white' issue, when in fact, it is not Negro, Caucasian related, at least not Caucasian related. Latino's are the brown race, Asians the yellow race, Native Americans the red race, and Negros the black race, and Caucasians the white race, there are also smaller groups of different definitions like Pacific Islanders and such. Still there are terms or definitions used in society to describe the various races, and there ARE different races.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm blown away by how many ATS members deflect for the MSM, especially in this instance. Is it white guilt? A need to defend the media you identify with? I'm sure if this was a thread about Fox news lies, all the same people dismissing this would be full of outrage.

Looks like old Al oozed in to town. He's also trying to make this a white/black issue. I'll also point out he's part of the left wing media, at MSNBC.

dailycaller.com...

Some people said to me in the media — ‘Let me get this straight,’ they said. ‘Reverend, it seems like there’s a lot of people who are angry — are you afraid of violence?’” Sharpton preached to the central Floridian crowd. “I said, ‘No. I’m afraid of the violence you already had.’”

“Violence is killing Tray Martin,” Sharpton continued. “Don’t act like we are the ones [who are] violent. We didn’t shoot nobody.”

Despite his harsh rhetoric, Sharpton warned the thousands in attendance to avoid resorting to violence at all costs as the Martin case progresses. “I want our people to understand that how you behave is going to be a reflection on this case,” Sharpton instructed the crowd. “[No matter] how angry we get, don’t let them make you act in a way that they will say, ‘see, that’s what to think with Trayvon.’”

“We are going to act intelligent,” Sharpton said. “We going to act dignified. And, we’re going to be determined. We may be angry, but we’re not mad dogs. We’re too smart to fall for [that].”

Left-wing radio host Joe Madison — known as the “Black Eagle” — spoke about how he thinks the shooting of Martin is a sign of overt racism. “In America, we are culturally conditioned to believe that white is superior, black is inferior,” Madison said. “The manifestation of that cultural valuing is that black people are undervalued, underestimated and marginalized.”

The guy wasn't even white! Where was Al when that white kid got doused with gasoline and lit on fire for being white? Where is AL when 200 black men a year are killed in Democrat run Detroit?
edit on 23-3-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I first read about this on CNN.com and the article I read clearly stated that he was Latino.. I'll see if I can find and link the article here.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Artlicious

"Zimmerman, whom authorities described as white and family members say is Hispanic, said he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense, according to police. Martin, who was black, was walking to his father’s fiancee’s house in Sanford, Florida, after a trip to a convenience store and was not armed."

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I guess the authorities are the people who are trying to call him white. And of course, most of the MSM gets their info from them and I guess they believed it to be true.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

The Spanish speaking people are not concidered as a seperate race. They are White by origin. If they so happened to be of mixed race they are spanish speaking people of mixed race and not white. Yes I believe
that the media is up to something and it surely doesn't look too good.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

oh ok so hes a white hispanic because he's half white and half mesoamerican.

"Mr. Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic, told the police that he shot Trayvon in self-defense after an altercation."

So are you also saying that indigenous people in central and south america aren't there own race or are a mix between white people and asians?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The OP is 100% correct in saying that the media is trying to foment racial unrest. Even FOX news is doing it.
FOX correspondent Shepard Smith said that "Even after police told Zimmerman not to follow, he ignored them. Several minutes later, an innocent little boy was lying face down, dead, in a pool of blood."

Smith's statement is a lie.The 911 dispatcher, not the police, advised Zimmerman not to follow the teen.
Smith KNOWS this. He had the full report.
As for the "little boy" statement, that's subjective.

I just watched 3 other networks running with the "Let's stir up outrage" angle. They're saying things like "This wonderful, well-liked, innocent little boy was gunned down when he went out to buy candy and soda."
Another report said he was killed "for being black."
No one in their right mind could dispute, much less deny the fact that the media LOVES to fuel the racism fire.

As many have pointed out, Zimmerman is clearly Latino. I've yet to see that mentioned. The media is a bunch of lying, trouble-making vermin. They don't want to report the truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Regardless, he's faired skinned and his last name is Zimmerman... doesn't sound spanish to me. An before you think I think this is a race crime, which I don't, I believe this is a "wannabe cop" crime. Also do you have his BC so you can prove he isn't spanish? Otherwise this thread is just spinning wheels.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
.............Even FOX news is doing it. ...............

Smith's statement is a lie.The 911 dispatcher, not the police, advised Zimmerman not to follow the teen.
Smith KNOWS this. He had the full report.

You say it like you are surprised that FOX News would lie, just like the other MSM sources.

Also, aren't 911 dispatchers part of the police department? I can see how people would group the dispatchers together with the police force, they do play for the same team.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Also why can't it be a race crime if Zimmerman is half latino? I know plenty of latins that hate blacks, so clearly there is other types of racism. I almost puked when I read an article that someone said this couldn't be racist because he was half latino, just because someone isn't white does not mean it still couldn't be seen as a hate crime. Fact is a grown man labeled a "black" teen as an intruder, ie race crime in this country. So regardless of what happens zimmerman will be f'ed anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What I have been trying to
say the whole time..

They are trying to demonize and innocent
latino man in this terrible accident by
saying WHITE MAN KILLED BLACK kid
it is a total BS lie.
This just speaks for itself.
Everything the MSM is saying is a lie..

ZIMMERMAN acted in self defense!
Bottom line.
Zimmerman acted in self defense.
Trayver attacked zimmerman
after zimmerman got out of his truck
to check the street signs name, so he
could report it back to the 9 11 dispatch.
He was ambushed by tray and then
shot him. Zimmerman has bruises to prove
this and cuts. NEIGHBORS were right there
and dead men can not hit you. He had no time
to injure himself especially with the police
checking trays hands for zimmermans blood
and all the things they do..
Zimmerman is innocent. People saying
he is a murderer are clueless to the story
and are buying into the whole white on black
crime BS when the guy is latino anyways...
JURY WILL NEVER CONVICT THIS GUY
of first degree murder. No way to prove he pre-meditated
a murder before hand.. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVE
THAT HE DID NOT MURDER HIM.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join