It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Now I find it funny how you are so adament about zimmerman not being white, as if it makes a difference to whether racism could have been a factor?

I am not adamant that he was not white. What I am adamant about was how they spun the story. Maybe racism was a factor or not and yes I am aware of the indifference between blacks and hispanics.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Well gee that is an interesting way of not discussing the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What exactly do you mean by lack of justice? Justice that may have(notice I said may) meted out by Zimmerman.
As in he was beaten?? or whoever the victim was in all of this. Bleeding and grass stains on his head. This was not a little boy that he was facing. I know the Media puts 12 year old boy pictures but he was 17 and a football player.
I don't know what the situation really was but no one deserves to feel threatened enough to kill someone. This is a black/white issue only because it sensationalized by BLACK AND WHITE for whatever the agenda is.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

Huh???

So if you are a dark skinned Hispanic, you are automatically Caucasian? Help me understand.

Nope.

There are black hispanics, white hispanics, "native american" hispanics....there can even be asian hispanics.

It's an ethnicity....not a race.

Like I said...I don't expect people to comprehend.

eck... A social studies major I presume..

So, we can't refer to "Humans" with categories that are "understandable" to the "Un-Educated"?
Why are you harping on semantics, when it is quite obvious you know what the poster meant??

The OP is referring to the media falsely painting the picture of a "white" man killing a "black" man.
To incite more "Race" war..............

I'll dumb it down for you.
They are purposely claiming to the ignorant (as you allude to by saying “most people won’t comprehend”) that a Caucasian person of northern European descent with light skin killed a “Black” person (of African descent).
When in fact, the person shown has characteristics of a person from South America. Likely, a person with both Spanish and Native American genetics....
Why is this important?
It is not, but the media and people like you (I Presume) care very much about people’s skin color, and where they came from…..
Blah.
This # is so old and tired.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamstalker

It must be a slow news week Anderson Cooper on 360 is sure whipping this into a frenzy, shame someone made a rapid decision that ended in a death of a person Black white Hispanic or Yellow and now it looks like another Rodney King situation that will only be appeased when Zimmerman is given a life sentence, anything less will probably result in another Race Riot, where half of America will be looted.

Possibly. But when it comes to a head it is the ones who follow blindly who will suffer the worst repercussions.

On second thought, it sure seems to be what the left want, hence the liberal media and their bigoted views on racism.

Playing the race cards ok if your not white, or your a liberal harping on whites.
edit on 22-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

He shouldn't have pursued him.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by DavidWillts

BS, they don't go after every potential racially motivated crime,

You are correct, an actual crime does not even have to take place for them to start up.

www.ca-naacp.org...

The California State NAACP joins the Beverly Hills Hollywood Branch in condemning Michael Richards for his racial tirade where he uttered racial epithets during his stand-up comedy show in Los Angeles.

en.wikipedia.org...
Tawana Brawley (born 1972) is an African-American woman from Wappingers Falls, New York. In 1987, at the age of 15, she received national media attention in the United States for accusing six white men, some of whom were police officers, of having raped her. The accusations soon earned her notoriety, which was inflamed by Brawley's advisers (including the Reverend Al Sharpton and attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason), the statements of various public officials, and intense media attention.[1] After hearing evidence, a grand jury concluded in October 1988 that Brawley had not been the victim of a forcible sexual assault and that she herself may have created the appearance of an attack.[2] The New York prosecutor whom Brawley had accused as one of her alleged assailants successfully sued Brawley and her three advisers for defamation.[3]

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Well gee that is an interesting way of not discussing the topic at hand.

What are you talking about?

The title is ABC Nighline Falsely Reports Zimmerman " a white man"...

All I did was prove that he is white.

Any objections?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe we should ask for his birth certificate to know for sure.

There are reports that this is his father:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Racism was absolutely a factor in this.

You don't say, "F'n Coons" right before you shoot someone and not be racist.

Recently i seen someone on ATS with an avatar of Zimmerman that said "innocent" on it.

Made me want to throw up. THE GUY IS GUILTY AS HELL!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm going to tell everyone how it really is from what i see in my everyday life. I'm Hispanic 100%, i do not classify myself as White aka "Caucasian" at all. MY RACE IS HISPANIC. I never go against my grain. Hispanics with Hispanics, Whites with whites, blacks with blacks, and Asians with Asians. That's how it is, whether you like it or not. Watch blood in blood out, thats exactly how it is in real life. at least for the most part. I don't care if it is 2012. If you're from the "Hood" you know exactly what i mean. with that said i live in San Diego California. I work in a mostly white neighborhood. which seems most of the white neighborhoods are scared of a little color. trust me i get starred at. i feel the tension. That is a fact here in SD. Now white people are the laziest the most spoon fed people i know. black people here hustle, selling stuff out of their trunks whatever it takes to make money. and it works. and the Hispanics here usually do the job that most people dont want. cutting grass, painting houses ect... whatever it takes to feed their families. A mans got to do what a mans got to do. People complain immigrants take jobs blah blah blah. Well white people learn how to hustle and stop complaining. S*** the Asians here do nails. I feel very stereotyped on this website. ATS seems like a mostly white dominant. this thread wasn't supposed to be about race. but you "PEOPLE" made it like this. OH and that Zimmerman guy, HISPANIC for sure. has to be adopted and races. because i have never met a Hispanic Zimmerman. Now im not the best writer in the world and i dont care to be. but its good enough for you to understand.
And the guy who said hispanic is a ethnicity, get you ignorant brain out of you ass. Hispanic its a race... I dont care what the government says..Funny look whose lying on the TV... White/Jewish media. I'd be embarrased by your race, because if was a Hispanic reporter i know i would. So whoever wants to keep throwing the race card. im going to keep defending my "PEOPLE"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by solizer

Well said.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I believe that girl was raped and by who she claimed. I agree that racism doesn't just afflict whites so throwing examples of discrimination against whites at me, is in vain. Bigotry of any kind shouldn't exist but it does and rampantly. It doesn't need to exist, we know better and can do better. White people are the majority in America, we hold the most power...economically, politically, judicially...that's a fact and there's a lot of room for a racist white person to commit abuses, I think it's perfectly rational to question certain situations but not okay to assume.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by dakota1s2

He shouldn't have pursued him.
I was thinking the same thing. But then i realized theres more to the story Zimmerman lives in a gated community. There has been robberies previously.Obviously bad enough to set up neighborhood watch patrols. Since this was a gated community Trayvon Martin set these events in motion by going into property he shouldnt have been. It does not mean however he deserved to die but it does lead you to ask why was he there in the first place. And what did Zimmerman see that made him confront him in the first place. And last who screamed for help?? neighbors said they heard it before the shot. And how was zimmerman struck? There is alot of unanswered questions i have before trying to decide fault.

Now back to this thread the reason they stated he was white is thats on the police report its not a conspiracy. The us census explains why! They established the U.S. racial classifications to be American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islander, Black, and White. They added ethnic classifications of “Hispanic Origin” and “Not of Hispanic Origin”. So hes white of Hispanic Origin so you guys can stop arguing if hes white he is.
edit on 3/22/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Trayvons father lives in that gated community, Trayvon was visiting him.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

While you are right on paper... in reality this might not be accurate everywhere you go.

I live in Austin and I'm in clinical research. When consenting potential subjects, one question we ask is "What race are you?" Now being in TX, you can imagine (and you would be correct) that a large portion of our potential subjects are hispanic. The thing is, when we ask this question, can you guess what hispanics answer is an overwhelming majority of the time?... Hispanic! Now the 'regular' (we call them regulars because they do clinical trials as their full time job, they pay well) hispanic subjects know how to answer this question... as they have been through the process enough times to ... be conditioned if you will. But with the new ones we say, after their confused answer and look, "Most hispanics answer caucasian." And not because they consider themselves to be caucasian, but because their 'race' is not an option.... on paper. Sure the government may consider them to be caucasian.... but the government may consider it's citizens terrorists too... that doesnt mean they are. Individuals decide who they are!

Point is, I guarantee you that it's not just whites or others that may not comprehend. It's the hispanics themselves, from my experience (5 years), that consider hispanic to be their race.

Perhaps this is why you didn't address the question by Shadowalker

So the La Raza folks dont even have a clue?

... cuz he/she has a valid point.
edit on 22-3-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

Trayvons father lives in that gated community, Trayvon was visiting him.
That explains the tea and skittles and how he got there.That part made no sense to me so that just means who cried for help and how did zimmerman get hit on the back of the head like it said in the police report. Answer those last 2 questions and then will no why trayvon was killed. I will say i have a feeling that this zimmerman guy may not be racist.I think he stereo typed Trayon based on clothes.This was a hispanic community so seeing a black man wouldnt be shocking.Knowing of the robberies his mind made this boy fit his idea of what a robber would look like.I do believe zimmerman had an overdeveloped sense of heroism or revenge and wanted to take something on that he had no business doing. The only way he should have approached that youth is if he was actually breaking into a house nothing else.
edit on 3/22/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
I'm going to tell everyone how it really is from what i see in my everyday life. I'm Hispanic 100%, i do not classify myself as White aka "Caucasian" at all. MY RACE IS HISPANIC. I never go against my grain. Hispanics with Hispanics, Whites with whites, blacks with blacks, and Asians with Asians. That's how it is, whether you like it or not. Watch blood in blood out, thats exactly how it is in real life. at least for the most part. I don't care if it is 2012. If you're from the "Hood" you know exactly what i mean. with that said i live in San Diego California. I work in a mostly white neighborhood. which seems most of the white neighborhoods are scared of a little color. trust me i get starred at. i feel the tension. That is a fact here in SD. Now white people are the laziest the most spoon fed people i know. black people here hustle, selling stuff out of their trunks whatever it takes to make money. and it works. and the Hispanics here usually do the job that most people dont want. cutting grass, painting houses ect... whatever it takes to feed their families. A mans got to do what a mans got to do. People complain immigrants take jobs blah blah blah. Well white people learn how to hustle and stop complaining. S*** the Asians here do nails. I feel very stereotyped on this website. ATS seems like a mostly white dominant. this thread wasn't supposed to be about race. but you "PEOPLE" made it like this. OH and that Zimmerman guy, HISPANIC for sure. has to be adopted and races. because i have never met a Hispanic Zimmerman. Now im not the best writer in the world and i dont care to be. but its good enough for you to understand.
And the guy who said hispanic is a ethnicity, get you ignorant brain out of you ass. Hispanic its a race... I dont care what the government says..Funny look whose lying on the TV... White/Jewish media. I'd be embarrased by your race, because if was a Hispanic reporter i know i would. So whoever wants to keep throwing the race card. im going to keep defending my "PEOPLE"

I didnt read through all the pages before I posted my reply, and I'm sure you don't care but thanks for your post. You validated my previous point/post. And thats fine that you believe what you do. I don't necessarily agree with your 'against the grain' way of thinking. I think we are all people... flesh and blood... one family... fighting the same battles. I, for one, am white... can't be much whiter actually (and not in the terms of skin tone, well in that way too.) But my fiance' is black... with 2 black parents. We are the epitomy of 'opposites attract'. It's natural for us. And we've been thru situations where we've been 'judged' if you will or at least treated different in certain situations. Hell, even relatives on either sides of our families don't necessarily approve/agree with our situation. But like I said in my previous post... we decide who we are!
edit on 22-3-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I am not adamant that he was not white.

Yet you post a thread complaining that he was reported as a white man. If him being called a white man didn't concern you, then you would not have posted the thread.

Maybe racism was a factor or not and yes I am aware of the indifference between blacks and hispanics.

Exactly, yet you're making a big deal out of the fact he was referred to as white? Whether he is called white or hispanic doesn't change the situation at hand, so why post the thread? You're not making any sense now.

Referring him as a white male doesn't change a thing. If he was referred to as a hispanic, would you think the protests and the reaction out there would be any different?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I was posting this because it was the media telling the public an open faced lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join