It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Ameliaair

You could be talking about any one of several angles, why don't you elaborate since I'm not a telepath?

Could have fooled me. You came in here like the all knowing Amazing Alphonso with your witty put downs when people are discussing THE TOPIC!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
This was on Nightline last night, an open faced lie meant to divide and fuel the race issues and Gun issues in America. Of course there has been a number of blacks who have gone to the street in protest, but have they been given or considered all the facts regarding the case, or are they purposely being lied to by the left winged media to serve an agenda.

abcnews.go.com...

Watch the first video from last night on this case, you will only have to watch the first 20 seconds or so to hear the lie.

I'm not sure what the significance of this is. Zimmerman is classified as hispanic, many hispanics are classified under white, they aren't really as defined racial group. What's more there is no secret that racism is ripe between hispanics/latinos and blacks in this country, it's more so tense than those of whites against blacks. Interms of whether racism was the motive behind Zimmermans shooting? I personally believe it probably was, but I think this also has to do with the way trayvon was dressed and his age.

In anycase, what it comes down to was the fact that Zimmerman had not demonstrated sufficiently that he was threatened to pull the trigger against this boy in anyway, and the boy who lost his life has no history of violence to indicate that there was a likely hood of confrontation on his side. Zimmerman did call 911 and he was asked t to stay in his car, this boy was just walking through, but zimmerman decided to take the matter into his own hands without waiting for the police.

I believe you should have the right to defend yourself, I have no issue with folks keeping handguns for protection, defending their properties in very bad neighbourhoods, but I do have a problem with people thinking they can just pull a trigger against somebody even if there is no immediate threat. I have an issue with trigger happy folks who feel they can shoot anybody at anytime without any accountability just because of their proximity or where they walk.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Why do they refer to illegal aliens as hispanic?

Why not white or caucasian illegals?

It's to push an agenda.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Will this tragic incident though, be used by elements in the media and politicians, and pundits, and civil rights groups to further their own agendas?

Yes it will, but it doesn't make it any less tragic.

link   
Why don't you just spit out what you want to say. Many Hispanics are white; just come to Spain and you'll see 45 million of 'em.

What you're trying to (crudely) say is that the accused looks like he may be a mestizo, or have some Amerindian blood in him.

So what ?

If the victim was targeted because of his race, then it doesn't matter whether the perpetrator was white, mestizo, American Indian, Chinese, Indian or even black.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Why don't you just spit out what you want to say. Many Hispanics are white; just come to Spain and you'll see 45 million of 'em.

What you're trying to (crudely) say is that the accused looks like he may be a mestizo, or have some Amerindian blood in him.

So what ?

If the victim was targeted because of his race, then it doesn't matter whether the perpetrator was white, mestizo, American Indian, Chinese, Indian or even black.

the point of this topic is that he is not white and the media is constantly pushing the lie that he is

its time for the bs lies and racial division to stop

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Will this tragic incident though, be used by elements in the media and politicians, and pundits, and civil rights groups to further their own agendas?

What it does is bastardize the rvent.

It removes it from the context that it occured and places it in an arena where it can be used for personal gain.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
the point of this topic is that he is not white and the media is constantly pushing the lie that he is

Yeah, but he's probably at least 75% white.

When a 50-75% ''black'' person is suspected of a racially-charged crime, then I don't see too many people questioning the definition of his ''blackness''.

I agree entirely.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Southern Guardian

Why do they refer to illegal aliens as hispanic?

Why not white or caucasian illegals?

Not sure about illegals, are they all included in the census?

For the most part hispanics do have the option of putting themselves down as to what race they prefer, most would put down caucasian. Black hispanics would often be automatically classified as black, it's rather confusing, but the fact is, there is no such thing as one 'hispanic' race:

The question on race asked respondents to report the race or races they considered themselves to be. Both questions are based on self-identification

www.census.gov...

Heres another interesting link:

The growth in the United States’ white population last decade is due largely to a rise in the number of the country’s Hispanics, the U.S. Census Bureau says.

And the number of people who reported their race as both black and white more than doubled, according to the bureau.

The data were part of two reports – one on the U.S. white population, the other on the black population – from the 2010 Census that the bureau released Thursday.

Hispanics account for 74% of white population’s growth

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I'm fairly certain that Zimmerman would pick caucasian if he was only given racial choices outside of latino or hispanic.

I also find it funny that folks here are so quick to try and mark zimmerman off as merely hispanic and thats that. There is racial tension between the hispanic/latino and black communities as I've stated before, I'd say it's far worse than that of blacks and whites.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Yeah, but he's probably at least 75% white.

When a 50-75% ''black'' person is suspected of a racially-charged crime, then I don't see too many people questioning the definition of his ''blackness''.

I agree entirely.

he is not white at all if he is ethnically jewish as his name suggests.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What it does is bastardize the rvent.

It removes it from the context that it occured and places it in an arena where it can be used for personal gain.

This will be inevitable Beezzer, in every tragic event either side will use it for personal gain. You can't change this, and you can't use this reality to discount Zimmermans actions and the handling of Florida's police and justice departments any less.

I also believe you only fuel the fire of racial tension by marking folks unhappy with the outcome of the zimmerman case as opportunitists pulling out the race card. My core issue with this was the fact that Zimmerman was not held properly accountable and that this case was not efficiently investigated, regardless of what racial group Zimmerman classifies himself as. Do you think Zimmerman has proven his innocence? Putting aside your issues over racism?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

We're not merely discussing ethnicity here, the focus of the OP was on race. Most jews in America are classified under caucasian which should not be surprising considering that the vast majority are descendent from Eastern Europe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Do you think Zimmerman has proven his innocence? Putting aside your issues over racism?

I think it was a series of bad decions that led to the outcome.

i am just disgusted with the vultures preying on the carcas of the young chiild.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think that the MSM got excited when they could report on White on Black violence.

Black on White violence rarely gets this much attention from MSM.

I feel sorry for the family of the boy. They are now caught up in a media whirlwind.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

You don't need to be a telepath when people are clearly crying victim and whining all over the place as if their indignation is equal to the needless death of a 17 year old boy. 'The abc interview calls Zimmerman white...OMG that's racist! The left media is out to get meeeee!'
edit on 22-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Who is crying victim here?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Most Jewish people are, in all intents and purposes, ''white''.

Would you say that someone like Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't white ? Or that Sammy Davis Jr was of Middle-Eastern extraction ?

The accused, by the mugshot, looks like he's part Amerindian. But he's still probably three-quarters white.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ok, whatever. At least I don't defend liars.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow, I was going to write a thread about this, but you saved me the time.

This story seems like a well planned media diversion, someone has some tricks up their sleeves. I wonder who is going to show up at the rally ????........This is going to be interesting.
edit on 22-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join