It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Outcast, you're right.
2010.census.gov...
Hispanic is not a recogised "race". According to the census, 2010.

Will this tragic incident though, be used by elements in the media and politicians, and pundits, and civil rights groups to further their own agendas?

You betcha!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Whether or not the term Hispanic defines a race or an ethnic group is a bit up for debate.

Well the US census doesn't consider Hispanic to be a race though I guess they leave it open ended as one could write it in.

I would consider them a race, in the common vernacular (not scientific) despite the census as the definition of race is simply

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution:

www.thefreedictionary.com...

It would seem that each definition of race would apply. Calling them a ethnic group and not a race is really a bit redundant...

ethnicity - an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties;

www.thefreedictionary.com...
It would seem ethnicity is at least partially based on race factors.

Hispanic would seem to fit the bill as either or both a race and or an ethnic group. In the common vernacular.

For a more precise description, they probably would of meant Latino.

Of course this is all really just an exercise in thought. People exchange the word Hispanic for Latino very often and I would venture to guess that is what has happened in this thread. The term Hispanic has a very broad definition.

Whether or not this guy is white is really just secondary. No one here or in the media that is reporting this as a "race crime" can speak to the character of Zimmerman. Until I see a photo of him atteding a clan meeting or a freind goes on the news saying how he was a racist and always made racist comments, I have to assume race had nothing to do with it.

Racism exist because we still see this as a white guy (if he is or not is up for debate) shooting a black guy. Unfortunately, that is not the story here.

This is a story about a man thinking another man was acting suspiciously and he thought it would be best to commit a crime in order to stop a potential crime. ( I think that is pretty reckless and careless as his actions have proven)

Nobody can speak to as if this was a racist act as nobody can speak to the character of Zimmerman. It is all just speculation. The media and dare I say ATS thrives on speculation.

Those calling Zimmerman Racist have nothing to base that on other than their personal speculation.

As far as to this threads topic. It would be hard for anyone to argue that the media doesn't jump the gun and get things wrong more often than not. I would love to see some sort of self-regulation in the industry but they live off of such news and making it as inflammatory as possible is their lively hood. They are able to sleep at night only because they live in a culture where they all believe their own lies.

One could even argue that Zimmerman was acting by the example that his government has set for him. How often does the US government commit a crime in order to stop a potential crime from occurring? Can't say Real or imagined, as there is no such thing as a "real" pre-crime, only imaginary ones until the crime is committed.

The story here is that Zimmerman was obviously a man of little intelligence that did something very stupid. The story is also that the media has jumped the gun in order to create a more compelling story while lacking any evidence that their version of race being any factor or even the defining factor hold any water.

The story then turns to the countless masses who now have made themselves judge and jury of this man without knowing or caring to know all sides of the story or the facts of the situation. People like to jump to conclusions, this story is evidence of only that.

edit on 22-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.
Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.
I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

I hope that this will clear up some issues.
This map ( although used in many collages and universities ) was used ( or facsimile) in my 420 Anthropology class.

This map is in German and explains that the light blue to silver areas are descended from the Caucasians. The orange tones are related to the Indochinese. I also found it here.
en.wikipedia.org...
upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 22-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh goodie another poor whites, victims of liberal media, whine fest.
As I just said in the other BS thread, everyone in America knows racism isn't restricted to whites...everyone but you guys.

No, this is not a thread about race. It is about liberal media lying to the public.

This situation is bound to be turned into a race issue though, regardless. Then it will be turned into a gun control issue. Without a doubt this will result again in black people declaring that they never get justice in America. Then there will be retaliation on that sentiment.

Now I can not argue that this wasn't fueled by racism. I do not know all the facts. But this is bound to become a civil rights issue, even if it had nothing to do with race. Then it will be a gun control issue. Nothing good will come out of this other than speculation, because the media is lying to the public and people are speculating and making racist accusations as you just did before getting all the facts.

So call me a whiner all you want. But at least I try to get all the facts before making racist accusations.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The other thing that the media is doing is running older pictures of the poor dead youth. He looks like he is about 12 in the pictures.

He was a 6'2" football player.

The person that called 911 reported that the football player was on top of the Hispanic man and was punching him in the face.

When the police arrived, right after the shooting, the Hispanic man had a bloody face and grass stains on his head.

I don't vouch for this source but it would explain why the police allowed the shooter to not get arrested.

Link to source

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Oh goodie another poor whites, victims of liberal media, whine fest.
As I just said in the other BS thread, everyone in America knows racism isn't restricted to whites...everyone but you guys.

oh looky,,,,,,another person who doesn't like to hear people defend themselves against lies and racism if they are the wrong color or ethnic make up

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ridiculous, you people act like victims of liberals all the time. Playing victims here like you're the ones mourning your 17 year old son. It will be exactly what you fear because now it's all the right can talk about. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I find it immensely fascinating, terribly disappointing and sadly telling that the majority of ATS's interest in this case is related to the racial aspect of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're ridiculous. You are assuming you know my ethnic background on an online forum.

Not to mention you are defending a lie. I shall call you "the defender of lies"
edit on 22-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Well, that's all we need. A posting based on a White Supremacist site without the poster bothering to mention that little fact.

Manipulation of the truth, anybody?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what color your skin is, your whining about being a victim of lefties, per usual. I'm not hearing a whole hell of a lot of gun control rhetoric or that Zimmerman was a racist rhetoric. Even watching the marches last night...there wasn't much except in reference to police. Sooo you people are on about what?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No I am complaining about the media lying. They have a responsibility to the public to tell the truth.

Defender of Lies.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snippy23
reply to post by Wildbob77

Well, that's all we need. A posting based on a White Supremacist site without the poster bothering to mention that little fact.

Manipulation of the truth, anybody?

Where do you people come from? Really? White supremacists? Because we are discussing media lies about whites?

What a joke

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

Any site that tries to represent a picture other than the MSM can be slurred as a White Supremacist site.

However, there are many people of European descent that do not harbor Supremacist feeling yet still feel that their voice needs to be heard.

Try reading the articles on the site for a while and then see if you think that it's trying to enforce white supremacy or if it's just stating facts that are usually left out of MSM reporting.

I do think that many of the people who reply to the articles on that site are bigots. However the reality that people experience on a day to day basis may not be represented fairly in the MSM.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The media is not left-wing for gods sake!

Even so called 'liberal' stations support the capitalist system.

Quit blaming the left for 'neo-liberal' crap. There is no left wing in the US government, or media, just different level of right wing pro-establishment.

It is in fact your right wing establishment ruling class that want to take your guns away. It is they who have used propaganda through the media to divide the working classes along racial lines.

In fact racism came from the upper capitalist classes, when they used to believe that dark skin colour was a sign of bad health. It's why everyone wore hats, because sun-tans were considered unhealthy.

The traditional left-right spectrum...

The original political meanings of ‘left’ and ‘right’ have changed since their origin in the French estates general in 1789. There the people sitting on the left could be viewed as more or less anti-statists with those on the right being state-interventionists of one kind or another. In this interpretation of the pristine sense, libertarianism was clearly at the extreme left-wing.

www.la-articles.org.uk...

Anything else is revisionist lies.

edit on 3/22/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

I never called anyone racist, you did. Yeah, you feel so sorry that a young kid died that you're exploiting it to raise the issue of racism against whites, when the issue is a lack of justice...NOT RACE. The only people talking about race and gun control is you guys...get a clue.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The police report reads Zimmerman is white, which by looking at his skin color yes in fact he is white. His father says he is latino...okay his skin is still white...and who gives a crap? YOU and all the other whiners and no one else. All that matters here is that a 17 year old kid was murdered and there's been no arrest no charges filed. That's why people are upset!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I over heard two black coworkers discussing there outrage over the shooter being white and how angry they were that the shooter hadn't been arrested. They clearly believe it's a race issue. ABC did there job and rallied the angry blacks against the whites...Too bad for them... the shooter was really a Latino. Oh and by the way has anyone confirmed where the gun that was used came from...like Eric Holder's fast and furious work?

I wish people would get this upset over all the other important changes going on....It's really amazing to watch.

The coworkers firmly believed that it's all about everyone hating on Obama and that's why black people get treated unfairly....I just walked away with my palm firmly planted on my face....no say it ain't so!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Ameliaair

I never called anyone racist, you did. Yeah, you feel so sorry that a young kid died that you're exploiting it to raise the issue of racism against whites, when the issue is a lack of justice...NOT RACE. The only people talking about race and gun control is you guys...get a clue.

Exploiting? You mean like Jena six, Tawana brawley, Duke Lacrosse,,,,,,etc etc etc? you mean that kind of exploitation?

Ok

thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join