It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This was on Nightline last night, an open faced lie meant to divide and fuel the race issues and Gun issues in America. Of course there has been a number of blacks who have gone to the street in protest, but have they been given or considered all the facts regarding the case, or are they purposely being lied to by the left winged media to serve an agenda.

abcnews.go.com...

Watch the first video from last night on this case, you will only have to watch the first 20 seconds or so to hear the lie.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Guy sure looked spanish to me.. Still whiteys fault though..

2nd

U
edit on 22-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Yea I watched that episode last night, I was curious of his ethnicity as well and was talking to my girlfriend about it. The way the media was portraying it before it was my indication that he was White. I saw his mug shot and he looks 100% of Hispanic decent. That's the media just trying to fuel a race war.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that this thread is not intended to discuss the case in itself, but the media bias. As a disclaimer I do not know all the facts regarding this case. But I do know that the shooter was hispanic and not white. It is my opinion that the press should be held accountable for being caught in an outright lie like this. Anybody in the press intentionally reporting false information should be immediately fired, those include the ones who wrote the story and those who reported false information.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I stated in another thread. . . .

This tragic event is going to turn into a circus.

The left will use it to further their gun control agenda.
The left will use this to further their race-based agenda.

Sharpton, and Holder are already making plans.

When all it was, was a series of separate incidents that resulted in the death of a person.

When people use tragedies like this to pursue their own agendas with little or no thought to the impact on both families, I tend to get nauseated.

Sometimes, I hate being right.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The media trying to fuel a race war? Are you kidding me?

I have no doubt the media will play up the race angle, but why shouldn't they? Race was clearly a factor here. Listen to Zimmerman's 911 call all about "them" and what "they" do. Who is "they"?

Truth is, this situation did not have to end this way. Zimmerman could have followed from a distance while waiting on Police. Zimmerman could have easily stopped following the teen like he was asked to do by Police. Instead, Zimmerman initiated contact and it ended in the death of a 17 year old kid who was going out to buy Skittles.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes, but this thread is not about what happened, it is about the media lying to the public.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh goodie another poor whites, victims of liberal media, whine fest.
As I just said in the other BS thread, everyone in America knows racism isn't restricted to whites...everyone but you guys.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He looks more hispanic to me.

But I can't entirely argue that he's not white either. But I do tire of all this racism. This story doesn't need to be about a white man shooting a black man. Just one man unjustifiably shooting a teenager and so far getting away with it.

But there clearly was a racist element, and it would take a stupid person to believe that hispanics are incapable of racism. But it's typical that ABC would want to spin it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Not saying the media is right but from what I understand the police report listed Zimmerman as white. Now the media should have done their due diligence in their reporting to get the facts straight. Usually, reporters go and pull the police reports through FOIA. Regardless of ethnicity here, the reports suggest Zimmerman was told not to engage Martin. Why did he continue to do so? This case really stinks in my opinion. I hope justice prevails in this one though. And also, the majority of the protesters are black but not all of them are. People of the same ilk always support their kind, do you disagree?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
His Father has given a press meeting and Zimmerman is a Spanish speaking Latino.

So all the black folks who raged anger at whites can start apologizing now.
(i'm brown but i only looked at the incident, not the ancestry)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by satron

So the La Raza folks dont even have a clue?

Is that correct or do we need to back up?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

His Father has given a press meeting and Zimmerman is a Spanish speaking Latino.

yep!!!

But still classified as white by the government.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Huh???

So if you are a dark skinned Hispanic, you are automatically Caucasian? Help me understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Another case of ABC filing another false story.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I believe some people are saying Zimmerman was adopted into the Zimmerman family. So there, a Hispanic/Latino man with a non-Hispanic surname.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Huh???

So if you are a dark skinned Hispanic, you are automatically Caucasian? Help me understand.

Nope.

There are black hispanics, white hispanics, "native american" hispanics....there can even be asian hispanics.

It's an ethnicity....not a race.

Like I said...I don't expect people to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Just wanted to add that this thread is not intended to discuss the case in itself, but the media bias. As a disclaimer I do not know all the facts regarding this case. But I do know that the shooter was hispanic and not white. It is my opinion that the press should be held accountable for being caught in an outright lie like this. Anybody in the press intentionally reporting false information should be immediately fired, those include the ones who wrote the story and those who reported false information.

In that case they'll ignore the thread because it doesn't serve the agenda.

thank you

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join