It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Can someone tell me about that awesome blue guy artwork

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Threads like these, are why I am on here.

I haven't read through all of this yet, but I surely will. You obviously did your homework, I'm actually pretty excited.

Cheers.

You've joined at a good time.
The threads here have been great the last couple of months! If you had joined 6 months ago you probably would not be here now due to the amount of garbage being posted(no offense to ATS but I remember many people moaning about all the BS and trolling), anyways, things have been good recently.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you for this Sahabi.

what saddens me is programs like this
and the people who see it dont comprende
what is been seen.

they just ignore what it is saying.
That in the past,
they had Better technology than us!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow

Congratulations on such a great thread.
As I read this, I rememberd why I became a member of this site.
Excellent post my friend

One of the best threads of this year up to now for sure, IMO.

A question; do you think in one of the many cycles we've reached the space age before?
The implications of that would be tremendous.

Great work mate.
Automatic flag and star.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A thread for the ages - literally!

Thanks for preparing such a wonderful trip.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hi there kdog1982. Thanks for being the first to reply.
The knowledge of leverage and balances is very important, and the ancients understood the physics extremely well. It's a amazing what can be done with a little leverage, a beam and wedge, pulleys and winches.

reply to post by Frogs

Any machinist can affirm the difficulty and complexity of constructing AND assembling with precision. Thanks for posting.

reply to post by LightAssassin

I'm glad you still enjoyed the thread. The A.A. theory has not yet been debunked, and is unfalsifiable so far, but the same can be said about ancient lost periods of human technological development. Thanks for the critiqué.

reply to post by SuperTripps

From the looks of it, the Templars may very well have had the knowledge of cymatics. Could it have been passed down to them by older orders? Could they have found the knowledge in the Holy Land? Hard to say when we're looking in from the outside.

reply to post by Shadow Herder

Hey Shadow Herder. Thanks for the excellent reply. Not only can societies isolated from each other be at different stages of development... but we also know that different species of hominids coexisted with each other and also in isolation. It makes it an exciting world to imagine.

reply to post by LightAssassin

Roger Morneau's interviews are very entertaining. His story may seem outlandish to some, but there is much esoteric knowledge in his testimony. Thank you for posting.

reply to post by VonDoomen

The information that reaches us through the media is meticulously scrutinized. There are indeed agendas outlining what information is released, when it is released, and how it is presented. For crying out loud, Hilary Clinton openly declared an "Information War."

“During the Cold War we did a great job in getting America’s message out. After the Berlin Wall fell we said, ‘Okay, fine, enough of that, we are done,’ and unfortunately we are paying a big price for it,” she said. “Our private media cannot fill that gap.

We are in an information war and we are losing that war. Al Jazeera is winning, the Chinese have opened a global multi-language television network, the Russians have opened up an English-language network. I’ve seen it in a few countries, and it is quite instructive."

-Hilary Clinton
67th U.S. Secretary of State

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hey Sahabi... again, a great post... I've been following it with much interest, reading and absorbing any pertinent comments...

I have spent and enormous amount of time reading, watching tv and thinking about the remarkable artifacts left behind by ancient man.

Although I must agree and support that ancient man was quite knowledgeable and crafty and in mass was able to perform some marvelous construction I still believe there is reason to question the ability of him to perform some of the feats attributed.

Having had a long family history of hands on skilled masons which exposed me to the trade; a background in engineering and construction from the removing and quarrying of various natural minerals from the earth to helping design and construct multi-story structure I come to this question seeking truth.

Add an ability to step outside myself in a rather virtual manner while looking at plans or pictures and a natural curiosity and need to question the opinions of myself and others, I believe there exists a reasonable doubt which would limit some of the abilities and methods of ancient man.

Again, this does not mean that ancient man was not able and knowledgeable enough to perform many feats of engineering, but as I am more than familiar with modern construction methods and equipment, it is a stretch to believe some of the remarkable feats attributed.

Again, great thread and please do not resolve yourself to complete agreement and abandon your thoughts as history has shown over and again, 'what now appears to be highly probable' can well be proven wrong in the future.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by TheLastStand

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by CB328

Give me a long 2x4 and a 1500lb object,I can move it

Yes, but try that with a 100 ton stone and see what happens.

That's right.

For that, you'd need a 4x4.

Harte

Best I've lifted was 15T on a tower crane. I find it hard to believe they could really lift that it would have to be rolled 100T would rip apart any metal they could use in the era to move an object with. It's possible they could have constructed hemp slings a series of them might make such a thing possible but then how to move the stone without leaving marks all over it is definitely something special.

Sand ramp explains it all.

No marks, whatever angle you want, some rope in front and a bunch of guys behind,

Note that the stone would never need to be lifted off the ground or anything, just ramped up to position, then undermined on the "down" side.

In fact, the bottoms of Egyptian obelisks (like Cleopatra's Needle) are designed with a shape that would facilitate them being placed in this way (undermining.)

Obviously, other monoliths, like the ceiling stones in the King's Chamber of the G.P., would be done some other way. But they still would not require lifting off the ground completely into the air, like a crane does.Harte
[Emphasis added]

I'm not sure what you mean, Harte, that the King's Chamber ceiling stones were not required to be lifted off the ground completely into the air.

The ceiling stones are estimated to weigh 70 tons.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The King's Chamber is approximately 150 feet above ground level.

And, in terms of having to be lifted, the three (3) massive foundation stones at Baalbek (estimated to weigh 800 to 1200 tons) were placed on top of other large stones, which require some lifting.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Cataclysm because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysm

I'm not sure what you mean, Harte, that the King's Chamber ceiling stones were not required to be lifted off the ground completely into the air.

i think maybe he means they were jacked up . Like you can do using wooden beams.
edit on 22-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What an excellent thread !! The only thing I wonder is if we advanced to the point of space travel maybe the ancient aliens are our ancestors who came back to help us along ? I really enjoyed reading this post !! Thats what ATS is all about ! Thank-You !!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A BIG
to the OP for such a balanced and informative thread. I love how detailed you put things in perspective as well as keeping it extremely easy to understand for anyone, and without bias. I for one believe all things are possible and this thread is very interesting to say the least. It's members like you and threads like these why I finally signed up for ATS though I've been a long time lurker. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You have put together a great presentation to your view point. I to have been in the building industry for over 30 years. I have been involved in all phases of construction in the design and installation process.I do believe in previous civilizations that have rose and fell on the blue marble we call Earth.I also believe that we and what we call the Universe is made by design. Our universe is one of an infinite number of Universes that reside in a continues void. And on many planes. And in turn our universe has risen and fallen many times over.With that being said I don't want to take anything away from the work you have presented us.But I have seen with my eyes the very thing that you doubt.That is an E.T. presence and the Vehicles they use. Why is so hard to come to terms with that, we as a civilization,( Not that we are civilized in any way),did not get a helping hand from another being from another time,dimension,or place in our own backyard in space.We haven't even explored our own oceans,every year we discover new species of animals,plants,and insects. We are discovering new planets in habitable zones in closer proximity then they previously thought. Possible life on the moons of our sister planets.Open your mind a little further, your almost there

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It took over 80 years to build the pyramids. It was a national project of sorts, slaves were not used, which many people don't realize. It was in fact, a matter of pride - it was a good thing to go off and work on the pyramids, and villages, towns and cities were proud to send people off to help build the structures.

How long would the same structure take to build today, with the equipment we have? Well under 80 years. I imagine it could be completed in 5 years or so. In the future, I am sure it would take even less time.

Why with advanced alien help, did it take 80 years to build the thing? Even if the 20 year orginal assessment was accurate (it's not though), it took them 20 years.. with alien technology? Why?

Aside from that, aliens and the machinery used would be depicted all over the place in hieorglyphics. But it's not. Nor has one bit of machinery used to supposedly build this stuff ever been found. They have found ancient tools used to help build them.. but nothing alien or tooled or anything else.

Necessity is the mother of invention - we have lost the edge, since everything is so easy to come by now. But when there were no other alternatives, humans could come up with amazing solutions to their problems. There were no "ancient aliens" helping build anything, sorry.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Probably the best thread on ATS for ages mate!

Cheers! And thank you.

Star and Flag

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You have me wondering, have you ever read the books "Old World Secrets The Omega Project Codes" and "New World Bible The Story Of The Truth"? If not, I must highly recommend those to you. Much of what is in your thread and your profile interests can be found in these two books. It pieces everything together very well. Just a friendly recommendation

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Brilliant thread! You've really done your homework here, and clearly spent a lot of time putting this together. I too, agree with the idea we have lost much of our past. I'm a fan of Graham Hancock's work, and have read a few of his books which present evidence that seems to coincide with your ideas quite nicely. While I'm not opposed to the idea of extraterrestrials, I don't believe they are responsible for many of the ancient sites you've listed in your post.

I think it could even be a possibility aliens have been here in the past, or could show up in the future. It's a vast universe out there. But this is too silly an explanation for what are clearly ancient human works. I definitely think there is more to our past than we know, and that we very well could have nuked ourselves into oblivion 100,000 years ago, or had our world ravaged by natural disaster to the point of wiping out highly developed civilizations. We don't even know our history enough to completely detail how the Egyptians just appeared out of nowhere with advanced mathematics and architecture 6000 years ago (which is not even a full breath in the grand scheme of things). Göbekli Tepe alone, has completely rewritten what we thought we knew about prehistory.

Really enjoyed your thread

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i worked in the exact same area as you did, and my machine shop looked pretty much identical to yours
yes we're after precision but i can tell you by no word of a doubt you can't always be precies even with our tools

WE DEAL WITH ENOUGH SCRAP / FAILURES

i missing playing with the crane though lol, I DONT MISS GRINDING DOWN T SECTIONS THOUGH

and i'm pretty sure i shaved a few years off my life from sand blasting

"And even with these super tough tools, I still encounter tool wear, chips, and breaks. "

i would go threw more then one tool bit per day if i was working on the same job or we had a number of objects that had to be defined in the same day.....

edit on 22-3-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You Sir, Have completely blown my mind!
It's almost as if you channeled a lot of my OWN thoughts into this post!

And for that, I thank you...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Op, Sir I can see that the precision you put in your daily work relates directly to the work you put into your posts.

This is a rare treat and I am vary glad you posted and thankful for your time and effort in doing so.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corpsehoagie
Can someone tell me about that awesome blue guy artwork

That would be Krishna about ready to whup up on Bhismadeva on the battlefield of Kuruksetra.

Here's a description of it:
Description

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join