It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Very nice job OP

Finally a thread that's got some research put into it!
If you were a teacher when I was in school, I may not have skipped so many classes!
Keep up the good work!
I hope this thread stays active it is very interesting!
Star and flag from me too!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Your post is the best so far for many months and well done or should I say exelent!

I am a tradesman also in Detailed Joinery and Wood Machining, I work with Auto Cad and Optimizing software linked to CNC machinery like yourself but only within + or - point 2 mm and not to the tolarences you guys have to achieve.

I believe also many civilisations have sprouted and died out on our planet due to climatic changes, wars or natual disasters over many years or should I say millions.

No doubt we have had intervention from other et races over time be it good or bad and and history will repeat it self when our civilization dies out.

It makes you wonder why the 50s, 60s -70s had the the best photographic evidence and testomonies of what we call UFO'S sightings visitations etc. may be they have done thier bit as in left a few bits of thier tech to help us on our way(Roswell and others) and moved on and its now basically nothing much apart from hoaxers and cgi nerds who cloud and distort any real proof thats out there or was.

Good luck with your thread and do not let the debunkers get to you as most are lagit and will help guide you and sort out whats bs, but the rest are on a mission of a self esteem / small mans syndrome as in they dont work or have no life and need the attention .

I was told many years ago from a good source they dont visit anymore and now only send drones (Rendlesham)?

edit on 22/3/12 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/12 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

One of the best theoretical posts i have ever read on ATS well done sir!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Couldn't agree more!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Well done sir, this was probably the best put together thread ive seen during my time here at this site.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Can you cut and quarry a 50 ton block from diorite with perfect right angles? Can you move a 50 ton block from a quarry 10km away at an elevation of 12,000 ft? Ok, good. Now move thousands of those without wheels.

The precision of the stones at Puma Punku is staggering. If we tried to do this today with all of our heavy machinery and equipment it would take 20 years to build if we could even build it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Cheers Sahabi.

Regarding what you were saying about the destruction and cover up of old knowledge, do you remember Camp Alpha in Iraq in 2003? The US only decided to bulldoze and set up an allied camp in one of the most important archaeological sites in the world. Babylon. Wonder why there of all places?

www.guardian.co.uk...

There was something floating around the net at the time that the real reason for Camp Alpha (some even suggested the real reason for invading Iraq period) was because of the discovery of ancient technology - a device that was capable of melting gold.

Which brings me on to something else - but related. What if lifting technology didn't require lifting gear per se? Bare with me here, I'll try to condense it. What if we have lost the real meaning behind the true worth of gold, why is it so revered?
I read a theory and saw something, again, on the net that gold has many unique properties including healing and curing disease (another thread maybe. I have a direct personal story relating to the healing aspect of gold),

en.wikipedia.org...

whitepowdergold.com...

But one property speculated was that when heated to a specific temperature, it can be turned into powder form. When in this powder form, it was suggested something can be done to it so that it renders heavy objects weightless. Hence my mention of the Babylon story.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by enzomedici
reply to post by kdog1982

Can you cut and quarry a 50 ton block from diorite with perfect right angles? Can you move a 50 ton block from a quarry 10km away at an elevation of 12,000 ft? Ok, good. Now move thousands of those without wheels.

The precision of the stones at Puma Punku is staggering. If we tried to do this today with all of our heavy machinery and equipment it would take 20 years to build if we could even build it.

Essentially, yes to all of those questions. When talking about the elevations it is important to bear in mind that those local to the area do not suffer with altitude to anywhere near the same degree as those not used to such heights.

But, to answer you, yes you can cut and quarry perfect right angles using diorite - you just need enough time and skill to accomplish it. Yes, you can then also move said rock over distance to a new site using nothing more than basic techniques - it is difficult but it can be done.

As to the length of time ancient monuments took to construct - who says Puma Punka wasn't constructed in 20 years or longer? We know some of the pyramids took longer than 20 years to build.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

couldn't you add some "precision made" gears to increase the resolution of movements? you are using cnc right? And the mill uses the equivalent of stepper motors to guide the tools for machining with correct? What if you implement a gearing mechanism to change the gear ratio of the stepper motor? to require 10 steps to move the regular 1? Or 100. Or 1000. Isn't it only as precise as it is designed to be? Couldn't you integrate ultrasonic or use a laser to measure the features it is machining? Personally I do not think it to be impossible to accomplish higher precision it just requires a little out-of-the-box thinking. That is not to say new problems won't arise but at least what I suggest is a step (or many more precise steps) in the right direction. Those calipers are insufficient for the job, that is for sure.

I would posit that using interference patterns in a special way with optics one could precisely measure how to machine such a thing. Kind of like a double slit distance interferometer. or if submerged in a tank of calm water, introducing a source for mechanical wave to propagate out from a control spot can do a similar thing and one can check by slowly filling the tank little by little and viewing the resulting pattern and matching it with an anticipated one (of course that might work better with a computer --> please see the cameras that can look around cameras there is something similar going on with that technology as well)
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A well thought out and thought provoking OP... S n F!

There is tons of proof in the geological record alone that makes for scary deciphering too.

For instance the local geology in my area alludes to a vast and unprecedented cataclysmal event that buried the whole area under the sea.. Even at a 1000m above sea level we find ancient fossilised fish and aquatic creatures that are only found at depth indicating a continental sized tsunami event... Parts of the entrained seabed deposits have even formed large hills after the water receded.. The fossils themselves had been rapidly covered by sediment and compressed in a short period of time.. Then there is the huge continental sized magmatic intrusion... A Batholith.. that stretches from the south eastern seaboard of England to the european continent... The geology of the south east coast with the white cliffs of Dover et al were created above this batholth... The chalk, limestone and flint are all dead sea creatures that were killed in unbelievable numbers to create these rocks....

In short there is proof everywhere of huge disasters that have befell us in years past... And the sheer events themselves would indeed be enough to wipe us all from the earths memory... But it seems we found a way..

One of my own pet theories about "The Watchers" or ancient aliens, is that they are not alien at all but are our advanced parents who escaped their own cataclysm by going into space, to return many years later to teach us....

edit on 22-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Give me a long 2x4 and a 1500lb object,I can move it

Yes, but try that with a 100 ton stone and see what happens.

That's right.

For that, you'd need a 4x4.

Harte

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by CB328

Give me a long 2x4 and a 1500lb object,I can move it

Yes, but try that with a 100 ton stone and see what happens.

That's right.

For that, you'd need a 4x4.

Harte

Best I've lifted was 15T on a tower crane. I find it hard to believe they could really lift that it would have to be rolled 100T would rip apart any metal they could use in the era to move an object with. It's possible they could have constructed hemp slings a series of them might make such a thing possible but then how to move the stone without leaving marks all over it is definitely something special.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I must applaud the original poster for thinking outside the box in relation to the ancient alien theory. I for one have always suspected that the ancient alien theory was in fact a hoax to cover up the true history of humankind...but why? Why is both academia and agents promoting pop culture propaganda attempting to cover-up the past, specifically human prehistory. I believe that the truth about human pre-history is not exactly politically correct, and that academia has allot invested in falsified theories and explanations about these civilizations because since world war two a concerted effort has been undertaken by the governments of the world in conjunction with researchers and archaeologist to cover-up a truth that might heighten a sense of nationalistic pride in a certain race. I'll bet that few of you know that every megalithic culture on earth was seeded by migrating/invading Caucasians(specifically Western European Caucasians)...in fact mummies found within these megalithic sites around the world have been shown to be Caucasian, yet this fact is kept in general from the public. From 7' tall red haired mummies in Tarim China, to Blond Toltec warriors in Mexico, the cloud people of Peru, and giant 8 foot tall red haired mummies Nevada. Even the long list of Egyptian royalty has been proven to have all been Caucasian (except the Hyksos who were Semitic invaders and a few Nubian "Pretender Pharaohs") from the Mummy called Ginger (the oldest know Egyptian Mummy dubbed ginger because of his red hair) to King tut (who was recently genetically tested to belong to a subclade of Y Haplogroup R1b). In fact wherever There in Ancient megaliths it seems there is evidence of a western European Caucasian ruling class in these cultures. It is known that those responsible for the building of the Pyramids in China as well as those who established the Impiral line were Ancient Caucasian invaders who's mummies were genetically tested as belonging to the R1a Y Haplogroup. Ancient alien theorists point out the "alien likeness" of some of these royal lines like the elongated skulls of the Akhenaten Family and those found in Nazca (which are also Caucasian), but never mention that this abnormality exists today and is a genetic deformity called Sagittal Craniosyntosis (occurring mostly in Caucasians), and may have simply been a product of inbreeding within these royal lines, because so far all of the genetic testing on these skulls and mummies have not revieled any "alien DNA" but something far more interesting than that...is that they were all Caucasian
. of corse the Nazis discovered all of this before world war two sending archeological teams all over the world to piece together the story of the ancient Proto-Aryans who all evidence suggests that they conquered the entire world before the end of the last ice age, then fell victims to the calamity of the polar icecaps melting, which erased their vast Coastal/Island Empire very quickly, coupled with evidence of a catastrophic nuclear war and you get an advance race knocked back into the stone age. Of course this TRUTH is to politically charged to be accepted by academia or reveled to the general public (and much of it is classified), similar in nature to the true history of world war two, which is shrouded in a utterly fictitious false history manufactured by the Allies and Zionists after the war. The history we are taught in school is simply propaganda, TPTB know the truth, but they don't wish for us to know...It wasn't the Nazis that started the war...IT WAS THE ROTHSCHILD CONTROLLED ZIONISTS STATES!!! and they surly don't want White people to know their history. Black history month is easy, they only repeat the same slavery and emancipation stories over and over again (oh and something about the peanut LOL). Caucasians would need at least a whole year to celebrate the depth of our history, which reaches back over 10 thousands of years as an civilization that circumvented the globe. Truth is not hate, Pride is not Prejudice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Marks would not be so much of a problem, most stones were transported and then carved in situ (as it were).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

not to mention, more than one ice age as well. great thread though

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well this comes up again, well written OP but full of mistake and misinterpretations

Firstly the Piri Reis map doesn't show Antarctica

If this is true and man is hopelessly inept how did we move heavy things in the modern historic era?

The Romans took down obelisks in Egypt, transported them to Alexandria, took them by sea to Ostia, moved them by land to Rome, and put them up

They did it eight times and they also had 5 more made especially for them and shipped to Rome

These varied from 450 to 75 tons

From the time Rome fell to the 15th century these obelisk were all knocked down- and the Romans (well the new Romans) put them back up again, without power

The heaviest rock moved was the thunderstone at 1,250 tons which was moved by the Russian, without power in the 18th century

No aliens, no advanced humans just hard working clever humans

Edited to add, just last year a 250 ton statue was moved and reset up by manual means
edit on 22/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wonderful post! I've thought the same thing as well. What if human civilization restarted several times. And what if one of those times, the elite saw a cataclysmic doom coming and left the planet.... evacuated, to the darkside of the moon?

Then as mankind began to rise again, those elite and their decedents have been playing "god" ever since. Now days, god doesn't work as well, so they are playing "alien". What ever works to shape the control of the planet and the species. Crazy.

Think of how advanced that branch of humans would be, the original humans. They may even have longer life spans.

Someone make this into a movie, I want some popcorn and a good scifi flick to watch now!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

No. Noone knows "How Long" It took to build ANY of these structures...

Certain moronic "Tradespeople"...are still trying to convince themselves even of the WTC exploding into dust can be caused by "Kinetic Energy".

Others, who think openly, realize much, MUCH differently that finding reality is a whole lot more interesting, and dangerous too !!
edit on 22-3-2012 by GrinchNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It's one thing to simply lift an obelisk into an upright position, or to simply move the infamous Thunderstone. I've seen engineers accomplish such feats with simple pulleys, winches, and a basic knowledge of physics.

However, I can not even position a small part on a standard cnc work-table with precision. A crane can only get me "close enough" and the rest must be meticulously bumped and moved with a rubber or aluminum mallet. You're not just going to bump or drop a megalithic stone into a precise position.

In addition to the precision craftsmenship of the ancient stones themselves, the megalithic stones are also set, assembled, and placed with intricate precision. You're expecting me to believe that mega-ton megaliths were precisely positioned on site using ropes, pulleys, and winches?

The ropes would have gotten in between the block being lifted and the surface the block was being placed on. If it was rolled into place, debris would have gotten underneath the blocks which would negate the precision of the fit between the contact surfaces. If it was lifted without wrapping a rope, then lifting holes would need to be drilled. The megalithic blocks do not consistenly show evidence of lifting holes.

Regarding the Piri Reis Map.
Consider all of the Antarctic maps I've listed in the op. Just from pure memory and knowledge, draw us the most detailed world map you can WITHOUT referring to any map, satelite images, globe, or photographs. Those maps come pretty dam close!

edit on 3/22/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/22/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I believe there were only two men in modern times that could ever have known the Ancient secrets of how to pull off this magnificent feat.

Nikola Tesla and Edward Leedskalnin. Tesla needs no further introduction, but for anyone unfamiliar with Leedskalnin:

Edward Leedskalnin (January 12, 1887, Stāmeriena parish, Livonia; December 7, 1951, Miami) was an eccentric Latvian emigrant to the United States and amateur sculptor who single-handedly built the monument known as Coral Castle in Florida. He was also known for his unusual theories on magnetism.

How is it possible for a short, 100 pound sickly man, working alone and using only simple tools, to have quarried, cut, trimmed and assembled over 3 million pounds of dense coral blocks to build a castle? And, to have interlocked the stones with exacting precision, some weighing up to 30 tons, without the use of mortar? Called Coral Castle, and sometimes called The Eighth Wonder of the World, this castle was originally located in Florida City in the 1920's, then in the mid 1930's it was moved single-handedly to its present location on a ten acre tract near Homestead, Florida.

Whenever Edward Leedskalnin was asked, "How did you build the Castle?" he replied, "It’s not difficult really. The secret is in knowing how." Edward Leedskalnin would go so far as stating that he could see beads of light on objects that he said were the physical presence of nature's magnetism. He explained that scientists have incorrect knowledge of atomic structure and electricity. He stated that all forms of existence are made up of three components, North and South poles and neutral particles of matter. He claimed to have "re-discovered the laws of weight, measurement, and leverage." Edward Leedskalnin stated that these laws "involved the relationship of the Earth to celestial alignments." Beyond these sketchy explanations, Edward didn't say much.

Ed's brochures about his Castle proudly stated, "I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids, and have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons!"

However how Ed managed to move these stones is still yet to be discovered, yet he said him self, once you know how its very simple. Apparently Ed took this secret to the grave with him, although many believe he left cryptic messages in his writings that withhold the secret.

Please refer to:

A Book in Every Home.
Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Life
Magnetic Current
Magnetic Base
Magnetic Current

The book "A Book In Every Home" is most intriguing, when he would hold tours at Coral Castle or Rock Gate, as it was originally called, he would always state he was waiting for his "Sweet 16" to return. In this book his "Sweet 16" is most certainly the center of his attention, I personally cannot make heads or tails of it as it seems he was either really obsessed with this "Girl" to the point he sounds a bit mentally deranged over her.....Or he is most certainly talking about the secrets everyone desires. I think I also got the hint from that text that he was wary of who the information should be left too.

Some believe this "sweet 16" is in fact geometrically very important, along with his theories on magnetism. I'm no expert on magnetics, but from what I gather from his writings, its a very simple process of changing an objects magnetic current, then manipulating it to get what you want.

Please see this link: www.leedskalnin.com...

Not much is known about how he moved these rocks apart from we know he used wooden apparatus such as "cranes" to move some rocks he was quarrying:

Although these clearly couldn't move the 20-30 ton rocks we know he moved whole....or did they? What is that little machine at the top there?

Anyway...these are my thoughts of matter, to close here's some one elses interpretation of how he got things done:

coralcastleinterpreted.com...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join