It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond 'strange sounds' - widespread Rumbling & houses Shaking - reported in WI, OK, BC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyndissonance

Originally posted by tmar11
I kept hearing this last year, when everyone else was. It was insane.

I hadn't heard it since, and still haven't. Back then it was more of a loud, long string of sounds. But last night I heard three or four things that sounded a bit like thunder, or like someone dropped something that was extremely heavy, I'm talking something that weighed TONS, down the road. Nobody I know has said anything about it. I assume everyone thought it was thunder, since my husband did, but nobody else is in tune with the weather like I am that I know. It was merely sprinkling and the radar showed nothing but rainshowers. I know thunder, this wasn't it.

I am in Fort Smith and I thought I heard these sounds the other night. Normally any sound would be drown out with the sounds of the Airbase and Airport, but I doubt there were many flights going out during the storms that we had.

I live just south of Ft. Smith (won't say the town but I'm sure you have a good idea) and sometimes we can hear Ft. Chaffee (I live a few minutes from the closest edge of it) so we can hear them bombing a lot, but between hearing that and thunder all my life, and semis (my dad is a semi truck driver) you really do know when something is a little bit "off". I'd have to say last year's noises unnerved me. These I'd have to hear a bit more...I only got a quick listen. And you're right, I really don't think there were many flights going on in these storms. The thing that weirds me out is that nobody around here talks about anything out of the ordinary, if you've noticed. It's always a rational explanation, even when it couldn't be. I remember when we had that earthquake and a lot of people felt it, there were people on Facebook telling us we were all idiots and crazy...until the news reported it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh, and yesterday evening I was about to take a shower. I turned the water on to warm up, then turned back around to get a towel. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, it was the lights above my mirror shaking. I thought "probably the water running, but I'll check anyway". I turned the water off and the lights were still shaking, no noise. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood for the most part, I heard nothing at all. My air wasn't on, the heat wasn't on...I was home alone and I didn't feel any shaking, but my lights were. Then they stopped. I thought maybe an earthquake but of course, no earthquakes reported...pretty weird.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Hot Flow Anomalies

This is what I believe it to be - since it occurs all over the world so might not be frost or fracking... what do you think?

Here's my thread with links and explanations... it's a pretty sound theory.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artlicious
Maybe it has something to do with the expanding Earth theory.. maybe we are getting ready to go through a growth spurt. Maybe plates are seperating and magma is flowing up into the voids being created... eventually making it's way to the surface? eh.. just a thought... one of many.

Expanding Earth - made me think of expanding Hell.

Isaiah 5:

13Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

14Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
15And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Many Bible teachings say Hell is in the center of the Earth. Perhaps it's expanding again?

A lot of theories on this phenomenon are apocalyptic in nature. So makes me think of this:

Matthew 24:

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

I remember from when my two kids were born, my wife could tell when it's getting close to "time" but she didn't really know exactly "when".

Also once the water breaks you know a rough timeline, no more than 24 hours more. If there is something going on, I wonder if we'll get a "water breaking" moment!

So, most people on here we all know that SOMETHING is going on, but don't know WHAT or WHEN....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
hi all.

ah yes, the Seneca guns and the Cayuga drums. both sound events come from the two finger lakes about 15 miles apart.

these earthsounds have always been with us.

I see that the Real Question is this: "why are these sounds become very very more common, these days"?!

what is causing the uptick of events? could be "just" stimulation from the sun activity, to a complete soon-to-occur
earth crust shift!

?????

freestone

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alastair

That is F Dorian pitchwise, but the G#, A#, and D# should be spelled enharmonically Ab, Bb, and Eb. Forgive my nit-pickiness; music theory background. I actually commend you for looking at the tonal/harmonic properties of this phenomenon!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Southern Oklahoma here. We have had rain and thunderstorms for four days here, but this sound is very strange- definitely not thunder. It sounds like a metal plate being run over by a truck. It lasts for minutes at a time. Totally odd.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has touched on this idea or not yet.....if there is any truth to the Admiral Richard Bryd story, maybe this is where these rumblings are coming from? Just my 2 cents.

youtu.be...
edit on 22-3-2012 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
1.5 magnitude earthquake strikes 37 miles WNW of Green Bay

very close to sounds in Clintonville, Wi, maybe actually in Clintonville, not sure yet. Might be sign of more to come?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hello, I did some searching using google and found this site. I think I may have heard the above mentioned strange sounds.
I am from England. I was watching South Park on BT Vision's on demand service. I finished watching it and was going to go to bed, because I have to get up for work at 4am. I went downstairs for a cigarette like I usually do before I go to bed. The back door to my house leads from the basement to our back garden. This was at about 8pm, one hour ago. I was stood outside the backdoor under the wooden arch we have. Just as I got to the end of my cigarette I heard what sounded like a plane flying over. It sounded like the typical hum we hear daily when planes fly over, but it continued for about twenty seconds. I looked up at the sky and I could not see a plane anywhere, the sky is mostly clear tonight too. After about thirty seconds I was going to flick my cigarette into the bucket I have next to the wood arch and go inside to bed, but while I was looking for the plane the sound seemed to drop in tone. It was like it went from the normal plane sound to something very deep. It reminded me of that bass sound you hear in the Paranormal Activity movies, if you know what I mean. It must have continued for a good three to four minutes, then it just kind of seemed to fade away.
I am kind of on edge now to be honest. Do any of you guys know what it is? Did anybody else from Barnsley hear it? Sorry if I didn’t make much sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'd just seen a news story on CNN's Headline News channel, that there were some people bringing up this issue of "strange, loud noises" in the town hall.

Apparently, there is now OFFICIAL recognition of this -- and it is no longer an internet meme or conspiracy theory. They promised to get some experts to look into it.

Their most likely explanation is that it's something geological -- but not immediately dangerous.

>> MY most likely explanation is that it's due to Fracking, and these strange sounds are the high pressure liquids and gases making noises as they enter recently empty chambers in the ground. Whether it sounds like an airplane, grating metal, or a large "boom" is determined by how quickly the gases and/or injected solvents move into or out of the pockets under the earth.

I want credit, when I'm inevitably proven correct.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was thinking a cryoseism, or frost quake its a natural phenomenon that produces ground shaking and noises similar to an earthquake ..the effects of a cryoseism are very localized the reason that the vibrations do not travel very far is that cryoseisms don't release much energy compared with a true earthquake caused by dislocation of rock
look it up i bet this is the reason ..sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
1.5 magnitude earthquake strikes 37 miles WNW of Green Bay

very close to sounds in Clintonville, Wi, maybe actually in Clintonville, not sure yet. Might be sign of more to come?

Um, yes. Dead on Clintonville.
MAP 1.5 2012/03/20 05:15:57 44.627 -88.757 5.0 0 km ( 0 mi) NNE of Clintonville, WI

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
FYI:

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
So why post a little 1.5? Just so happens this just occurred in Clintonville, WI where there have been loud booming sounds for the last three nights. Sorry if I messed up the format, first post to this thread.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 05:15:57 UTC
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 12:15:57 AM at epicenter
44.627°N, 88.757°W
5 km (3.1 miles)
WISCONSIN
0 km ( 0 mi) NNE of Clintonville, WI
49 km (30 miles) NW of Appleton, Wisconsin
60 km (37 miles) WNW of Green Bay, Wisconsin
65 km (40 miles) E of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
181 km (112 miles) NNE of MADISON, Wisconsin

USGS

Quake Watch 2012

edit on 3/22/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

OK. So here's my big question. For days we have heard report after report that this is not seismic activity. Even the OP of this thread has a video with an interview of a geologist stating he looked at the nearest seismo and no EQ activity. There was activity, but he said it was from the nearby farm. So did someone take a closer look and decide this was an EQ? Or are we being give an answer that will make us all shake our heads yes and "just move along"? I don't like it. Not one little bit. I almost feel like something is being covered-up and saying it is an EQ is the easiest answer to get people to stop asking so many questions.

OiO

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hi all, I'm brand new here, so if this is a bad idea or it's in the wrong place, then appologies.

I think this is an opportunity for citizen reporters to get involved.

If these noises are causing vibrations in the ground, then doesn't the iPhone have a sensor for that? - I don't even have an iPhone, so if it doesn't excuse my ignorance.

Some enterprising app writer could write an app (might be one already) that would record the vibrations - don't know if the iPhone would be sensitive enough if placed directly on level ground - main screen could have a spirit level on it

It would take, say 30 seconds, of recording, the GPS co-ordinates, and allow the user to upload anonymously to a site someplace that would map the locations and strengths of the submissions, and from what I understand from watching old war movies and tracking radio transmissions, a couple of recordings could be cross referenced to produce a rough location - the more recordings, the more accurate the location, I believe.

I'm sure the same could be used on an Android phone too.

Hope this all makes sense

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm starting to think the Earth is expanding.

All kinds of strange sounds are being reported from all over the world.

The sounds people are hearing in areas that are use-to earthquake activity are not
recognizing the noises as such.

Maybe the earth is an egg and is hatching
or maybe it's having labor pain

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

OK. So here's my big question. For days we have heard report after report that this is not seismic activity. Even the OP of this thread has a video with an interview of a geologist stating he looked at the nearest seismo and no EQ activity. There was activity, but he said it was from the nearby farm. So did someone take a closer look and decide this was an EQ? Or are we being give an answer that will make us all shake our heads yes and "just move along"? I don't like it. Not one little bit. I almost feel like something is being covered-up and saying it is an EQ is the easiest answer to get people to stop asking so many questions.

OiO

you were right ....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Are you familiar with the fissure that opened up in the area? I don't know if there have been reports of unexplained fissures opening in other areas where the sound has been reported. Just thought I'd mention it.

Coordinates:

45°12'48.44"N

87°35'15.57"W

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

theintelhub.com

A large crevice,stretching almost two football fields,suddenly appeared in the wood near Birch Creek.
MENOMINEE TOWNSHIP-It's a geological phenomenon that has both authorities and Menominee Township residents scratching their heads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-10-2010 by PatriotsPride because: I misspelled earth

Unexplained Crack Splits UP Backyard
www.fox11online.com...

Unexplained Crack Splits UP Backyard
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Oct 2010, 11:11 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 05 Oct 2010, 9:36 PM CDT

BIRCH CREEK, Mich. - A Michigan family's property has a sudden unexplained divide.

A large unexplained crack now runs 200 yards through the Salewsky family's property, eight miles north of Menominee in Birch Creek.

The family thinks it happened yesterday around 9:00 in the morning. The ground raised five feet up, taking trees along for the ride.

Some cracks were up two feet wide and five feet deep.

"The house shook, the chairs shook," Doug Salewsky said. "The logs weren't there when I piled them."

Salewsky doesn't know what caused his backyard to split in two and neither do police.

There have been no recent reports of any earthquakes in the area.

People specializing in geological surveying are being called in to try and explain the phenomenon.
www.fox11online.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

The Menominee Crack
www.geo.mtu.edu...

On Monday morning, 04 October 2010, a large noise and shaking were observed in a small area north of the town of Menominee, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. The following day, a local resident returned to the site of a fallen tree that was being removed for firewood, and observed a large crack in the ground. This feature was reported to local officials, who contacted Michigan Tech, and the news media.

On Sunday, 09 October, Dr Wayne Pennington, Chair of the Department of Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences of Michigan Technological University, visited the site (figure 1 and figure 2). The following is a report of observations and tentative conclusions...
www.geo.mtu.edu...

(see article for more)

Location Of Fissure:

Are map showing Clintonville, Wisconsin and Menominee, MIchigan:

edit on 3/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
it is happening again here on the east coast. i talked to the neighbor when i was getting my mail, he brought it up. he's standing outside with his wife now trying to figure out what it is lol. there is a constant hum now though that didn't happen a couple weeks ago when i started noticing this. feels like i have sea legs right now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join