It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond 'strange sounds' - widespread Rumbling & houses Shaking - reported in WI, OK, BC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Dear ATS postie and for all you other folks that dont have sound or sound card to listen to the video, here's what to do......

1. Click the youtube link to the video
2. Click the first icon on the bottom right hand side of the video - the grey square with CC symbol in white in the centre of square. This turns on Automatic Captions in your set language (i.e. subtitles).
3. Click either 'Translate Captions' or 'Translate Audio'.

Clicking 'Translate Audio' uses speech-recognition technology to translate spoken audio in the video to text on the screen in your prefered language.

Note1 this technology is NOT 100% perfect and can some times result in hilarious translations! hehe

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I live in southern Oklahoma. Last year, I was inside the house and my 9 year old was outside playing. I heard what I thought sounded like a hundred trains rumbling past our house. We live in the country pretty far from the railway. We also live hours from the nearest air base, and since I've lived here we've never had them fly by that close. Anyway, I rushed outside and my son was so freaked out he began running towards me. We stood there for a second, hands over our ears, looking up at the sky waiting for the fleet of airplanes or something to pass by us. It rumbled like that for a good 20 seconds before it faded off like nothing. It happened a few more times last summer, another time waking up my roommate from a xanax sleep. She thought we were under attack. We haven't heard anything quite like that since last summer, but recently we've heard blasts and I know for a fact that they are doing drilling in our area for oil. I've seen the geokinetics trucks on our road, and watched them do cable drops with their helicopters.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
isnt this exciting..strange sounds peaking up in the year 2012...

it is certainly to me

i think after all we really can change our surroundings with our psyche!
edit on 22-3-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think it's the build-up to the Fake Alien Invasion !

When i read about this on earthfiles yesterday i surfed it for a while and read that a local newspaper or a local council (i can't remember which) tried to record the noises but they didn't record ?

Faulty equipment, or a projected phenonmenon ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by alastair
I've noticed something about the sounds that have been occurring. When I looked at the other sounds as well as these I tried to match the pitch of the notes to my guitar and I've discovered the notes: F-G-G#-D#.
I've filled in some missing notes and others I might have heard and I've come up with the F Dorian scale or:
F-G-G#-A#-C-D-D#-F

I was wondering if anyone has tried to figure out the pitches, even in the low rumbling sounds.
Usually the lower pitches are F's and the higher ones are the sharped notes.

I'm really keen on finding a pattern even if it makes no bloody sense.

A true scientist you are. And a very interesting. The F Dorian scale ehh? Hmmm, So there is a pattern. That is very interesting. Indeed, you are on to something.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've experienced lots of underground booms and rumbles over the past year, but im in Christchurch, New Zealand right on top of previously unknown fault lines.

Sounds like thunder from very deep within the Earth, and sometimes its more of a sharp, breaking rock sound as well.

If I was to hazard a guess, id say its underground shearing due to pressure build ups from both the main plates in North America. Even though there are no known fault lines below these states, isnt it still possible that there could be vast pressure build ups due to the Earth plates squeezing against each other. Eventually, somethings gotta give.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Nice thread so far, some great idea's as to what it all is.

Initially when I heard all these stories about rumbling etc I genuinely thought it was just a fad or viral hype but as its continued and being monitored by the news media I have to take it a lot more seriously. 2012 has the possibility of being a VERY interesting year, there's been some very weird stuff going on from the late 2011 until now with an increasing mass, what it all means I have no idea.

The earth having a meltdown, TPTB tunnelling, seismic activity causing by very much increased solar activity, UFO's making themselves slowly known or a multitude of other serious and non serious idea's...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Time to sit back and wait for the mass animal deaths to kick off again...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
MSM is now starting to talk about some of this. Here is a article about the booming sounds in Wisconsin:

Wisconsin Booming Sounds

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
does the military have the haarp technology mounted in air craft? a few months ago a very large military aircraft was flying low over Santa Rosa New Mexico in a tight circular pattern for about an hour, just wondering if these sounds might be related?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by calnorak

I once lived in a house that also vibrated and felt like it was shaking, ever so slightly. I discovered the ac/heat system somehow was creating a vibration that echoed throughout the whole house. Pay attention and see if that is what you have going on. If it is, you should be able to reproduce it.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

I have, and its not that. I have turned the breakers off for the system and still felt them. That was one of my first thoughts as I had felt it and remember the heat pump was on. But after turning it off and still feeling it, I know it isn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the expanding Earth theory.. maybe we are getting ready to go through a growth spurt. Maybe plates are seperating and magma is flowing up into the voids being created... eventually making it's way to the surface? eh.. just a thought... one of many.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Can anybody find a home video taken of the mysterious booms? All i see is actual news videos that only interview and talk about the booms but no real proof.. The video that that girl took that is posted shows nothing at all it really just sounds like she lives close to a highway and its the sound of cars..

I want to hear what these actual booms sound like.. So if anyone can find a good home video from the Wisconsin booms ill give you a cookie

Thanks,
Jason

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Clintonville Wisconsin is all over the news. Nearly every media source is covering this story. It's been heard for 3 days in a row by many, many people. The entire town is literally checking every possible source of these rumbles over and over again. They still have not identified the source. It's not just a youtube craze - this is FAR from mass hysteria. Do some research.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Popping in to put in my two cents.

I live in western OK and, up until mid-December, was staying in a barn in the middle of nowhere with my husband and our two dogs. At least two or three times, in the middle of the night we were woken up by huge booming noises that sounded like a high-speed collision, or an explosion in the distance. It was loud enough to send my dogs into barking fits, and it was always after midnight that they'd occur.

We tended to blame it on the VERY busy highway about 300 yards from the property, or on cows bumping against the barn's support poles (one half of the barn was an apartment, and the other half was a three-walled shelter for the handful of cows the owner ran on the adjacent property). I never connected it to the other booms people are reporting, but I thought it was worth adding it here.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Zyanith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My thing is if this is an ice quake or something like that, why is it happening in mexico, russia, europe, oklahome, north carolina, australia, etc etc etc.

AND

why is it happening just about every day since the beginning of 2012?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
while there are reports of these sounds happening during the day it sure seems to me like a majority of it is at night. i find that to be very odd.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the fact that people are trying to say that it's related to a natural occurence that happens all the time is BS. If it was that why had we never heard of it ANYWHERE until about 2 or 3 years ago? And then the last 3 months they are happening almost everyday? Why all of a sudden?

The fact thats its gone from noise to rumbling has me a little scared as to what it will build up to next
edit on 22-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
while there are reports of these sounds happening during the day it sure seems to me like a majority of it is at night. i find that to be very odd.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've also noticed that the "boom & shaking" reports seem to be near water ways, lakes, rivers.

Something very similar to this was reported last fall outside of Knoxville, TN. Booms & shaking, mostly during the overnight hours. And the community it happened to was located along the Tennessee River.

OiO

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I live in Keokuk Iowa, which is right on the Mississippi river. Geographically right a crossed the river east is Illinois and 5 minutes south is Missouri. We have a large Lock and Dam here as well as the largest hydroelectric power plant on the Mississippi. The railroad tracks run parallel to the Mississippi. All of this I have described are just over the hill from my home.

Having said all that we have experience the loud "Boom" here before as well. Two weeks ago on a nice sun shining day it happened again. The only way I can describe it (as I saw another person do here) is to say it felt like several train cars ramming into one another..... a very loud Boom. Thundering which was not only audible but shook the house.

Immediately Facebook was flooded with....What was That? type of comments. Come to find out my kids at school also heard and felt it and were frightened and a town just up the road 10/15 miles or so also heard it.

It def isn't a Sonic boom, from what I remember of all the Sonic booms I have heard during my lifetime. It has a very weird feeling to it. Almost eerie.

This also happened last Summer and after the last episode my dad began to research online and found that this has been reported back in 08 as well.

www.thehawkeye.com...

This all has me a bit concerned, with the New Madrid fault not being that far away....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join