It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond 'strange sounds' - widespread Rumbling & houses Shaking - reported in WI, OK, BC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
if u notice, its not just auditory now.

people in multiple states are reporting the ground and their houses shaking,

and a barn collapsed in association with the rumbles, so obviously this is not just 'strange sounds' phenomena anymore... unless like sonic boom level or beyond?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i don't have any speakers right now
so if you could share a bit of what these videos are saying
that would be great
i'm sure there are other poor saps
who's hifis have been sequestered by turntables
who would also appreciate it

are these the same strange noises people have been reporting?
only, what, louder?
how much property was destroyed?
how many witnesses?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I saw this on the News this morning as I live in one of these states and was curious and I came across this.

Cryoseism: From WIKIPEDIA (sorry)

A cryoseism, also known as a frost quake[1][2], may be caused by a sudden cracking action in frozen soil or rock saturated with water or ice.[3] As water seeps down into the rock, it freezes and expands, putting stress on surrounding rock. This builds up until it is relieved explosively in a cryoseism.[4] Another form of cryoseism known as an ice quake, is a non-tectonic seismic event caused by sudden glacial movements, sometimes due to the formation of a thin veneer of liquid water under a glacier from surface melting. Usually, a glacier would stick to the rough bedrock, but the hydraulic pressure acts as a lubricant, allowing it to slide up to many metres at once.[5][6] This type of cryoseism can last for tens of minutes.[7] As the requirements for cryoseisms to occur are not yet defined, their prediction is still not possible and constitute a significant factor in structural design and engineering.[3] Links have been made between global warming and the frequency of cryoseisms.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

In the last video a barn was destroyed, which is pretty cool (no one was injured.)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Can it be Fracking?
And both sides of the rockies? 1000miles apart?
All the same night?
Anything to do with the Mexico quake?
edit on 3/21/2012 by reitze because: +

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I live in one of the mentioned states, and these noises where a topic at dinner last night. My skeptical husband admitted that he had trouble going to sleep because of the ongoing noises on the night of March 19th. He got up from bed at one point to check the weather for possible tornado's in the area. For those who don't know, the sound associated with a nearby tornado is an ongoing hum and as it gets closer, the hum turns to more of a roar. It was storming, however the underlying sound was entirely different than thunder. I fell asleep listening to it. It would hum for a minute or two, then stop for a minute or two, then start again, sometimes it would last 3-5 minutes. A local Fox news anchor even spoke of it during a live broadcast, 45 miles from where we live. Im sure that most people will just say it was thunder, but it was too low, and rumbled too long to be thunder.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I live in Oklahoma and I have heard some weird noises around our house. Nothing too strange but a lot of little rumbles. The first night, which was Monday, I started hearing the noises I thought it was thunder since we were getting a lot of rain and thunderstorms. One thunder was so loud it woke me up because I felt the whole house shake. Last night as I was laying down to go to sleep I swore I heard a big truck pull up in our driveway. We live out in the country and have a 1/4 a mile long driveway so no one should be showing up in a truck. So I jumped out of bed and ran to the window but there was no truck there. I woke up around 3am and walked into the kitchen to get some water and I kept hearing a rumble. It was real low but I could hear it. I walked outside and it went on for a few seconds and then stopped. Nothing too out of the ordinary but watching those videos makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am in OK and at 3 am or so I was awakened by the bed shaking, kind of vibrating for what seemed like 10 minutes or so. I did not hear much rumbling, we were having thunderstorms all day so didn't notice.

The shaking stayed at the same intensity for the duration.
Very spooky.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am in California, Redondo Beach....and we hear it also. It's usually constant for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Then will stop. Then will start again after 20 minutes or so. Then will eventually stop.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lindsay1984

Years ago, in California while staying in guest housing on Fort Ord, I was sitting at a desk by the window
when I noticed the sound of a semi-truck coming up the road. It seemed to me to get closer and I could feel
a vibration from it. The only problem was it didn't go past the building.I remember saying
"hurry up already- Go by !"
I turned to look out the window and noticed that the pull-chain on the desk lamp was swinging and the
curtains were starting to sway. I don't remember much after that except a blur of thought and movement.
Oh my Husband said I screamed "Earthquake"!!--- Don't recall that part

Just say'un It sure sounded like a big truck that kept on comin'

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
for a while i really REALLY thought it had to be fracking. the sites pop up overnight and they are loud and can cause the ground to shake when they set of the explosions. however, i'm starting to worry that it's not fracking. when the ground is shaking and the geologists say they don't know what it is.... that makes me nervous.

the most reasonable explanation is still fracking which needs to be stopped asap.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's all the underground tunnelling being done by the elites to build their mega-bunkers.

I'm kidding... but actually not. No proof, just a guess. Everything has the appearance of subsurface noises, vibrations, etc., not a sky phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
WOW.....that recording of "the sound" is one of the best I have heard. I have heard it myself and that is exactly how it sounded. In person, you can feel it in your chest. Even in that video, you can sense that feeling. BTW I am watching CNN and they have been running stories about it all morning.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I live about 100mi from Sooke where the rumblings dropped the barn.
We havent felt a thing here.....nor heard any of the noises on youtoob.
My theory is gravitational disturbance....or.....expanding earth......we may be expeeriencing growing pains.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
It's all the underground tunnelling being done by the elites to build their mega-bunkers.

I'm kidding... but actually not. No proof, just a guess. Everything has the appearance of subsurface noises, vibrations, etc., not a sky phenomenon.

Yep...thats where the money is going which has been and is being drained from all countries in the western world. They tell us we have a global economic crisis. Here in Holland we pay ridiculous taxes and even so health-care insurrances and little in return. Somebody is collecting enormes amounts of money....where does it go?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't normally reply to one of these threads BUT early this morning I was semi-concious and felt the bed shaking. I thought it was my hubs just having a bad dream as he has been stressed lately...now I do not know???? I live in B.C.
I felt compelled to post this up because my hubs is normally a sound sleeper...no idea as I went straight back to sleep...

Just thought I would share.....I have looked around the ouse and the clock in the hall was at an angle and also one of our pictures.

Peace
Jools x

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I live in B.C and I haven't heard or felt anything at all. I have friend's who live on the Island and have not reported anything when I contact them. This whole sky sound thing is starting to become a mass form of hysteria I think . People are taking normal everyday occurrences and making them out to be something they are not. The video from Vancouver Island is funny because she said they were going to take the barn down anyway's and the wood looked rotten from the video, my guess is the barn fell down on its own. Just like those people in Saskatchewan in the winter who said the sky sound's sounded like snow plows.
O.K. Saskatchewan.....winter....snow ...snowplows?????

This is all starting to get goofy as far as I'm concerned. Until I hear it or feel it for myself , I'm calling mass hysteria.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
I live in B.C and I haven't heard or felt anything at all. I have friend's who live on the Island and have not reported anything when I contact them. This whole sky sound thing is starting to become a mass form of hysteria I think . People are taking normal everyday occurrences and making them out to be something they are not. The video from Vancouver Island is funny because she said they were going to take the barn down anyway's and the wood looked rotten from the video, my guess is the barn fell down on its own. Just like those people in Saskatchewan in the winter who said the sky sound's sounded like snow plows.
O.K. Saskatchewan.....winter....snow ...snowplows?????

This is all starting to get goofy as far as I'm concerned. Until I hear it or feel it for myself , I'm calling mass hysteria.

I live in Victoria BC and I have been hearing a strange rumbling sound for a long time now; off and on. It is a very deep, earthy sound imo. The first few times I heard/felt it I thought it was an earthquake. The last time I heard it was on the 8th (just started marking it on the calander) but I havn't heard it since. It does seem to come and go in patches. It will happen every day for a week or so and then stop for awhile.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

I find this interesting. I am in California and not too far from you in Redondo Beach and have been waiting to hear someone from California say they have heard these strange sounds. I personally have not heard them but have to admit that the abundance of people talking about them has me curious.

If I remember correctly, there were some mass fish deaths in the Redondo Beach area in recent months. I wonder if these mass animal deaths also correlate to the strange sounds being heard.. Has anyone posted a map with both the mass animal deaths and the strange sounds?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wikipedia:Cryoseism???
A cryoseism, also known as a frost quake[1][2], may be caused by a sudden cracking action in frozen soil or rock saturated with water or ice.[3] As water seeps down into the rock, it freezes and expands, putting stress on surrounding rock. This builds up until it is relieved explosively in a cryoseism.[4] Another form of cryoseism known as an ice quake, is a non-tectonic seismic event caused by sudden glacial movements, sometimes due to the formation of a thin veneer of liquid water under a glacier from surface melting. Usually, a glacier would stick to the rough bedrock, but the hydraulic pressure acts as a lubricant, allowing it to slide up to many metres at once.[5][6] This type of cryoseism can last for tens of minutes.[7] As the requirements for cryoseisms to occur are not yet defined, their prediction is still not possible and constitute a significant factor in structural design and engineering.[3] Links have been made between global warming and the frequency of cryoseisms.

or maybe fracking or drilling? In my area (Deep SE TX) there are a lot of new oil wells being drilled and fracking pools created... (i think that's what they call them; I'm NO expert! : P)

I do have to say that I have not experienced any of this type of noise or shaking due to the new oil activities going on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join