It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think we're witnessing a love triangle.

Anyone keeping track? Who's winning?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

OK - actually funny.

I'm not much of a game player though.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

LOL perhaps it is one of the same

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To answer the original question: Is there a cure for atheism? No and there shouldn't be. Is there a cure for religious beliefs: no and there shouldn't be. If mankind is so goddamn ignorant that we have to fight, to the death sometimes, over simply what are beliefs are what can we ever hope to achieve as species. We will never leave this planet to colonize the stars. We will be stuck on this wasted ,used up rock we call earth that will be so over populated and polluted that our very species will die out all because we couldn't agree with each others beliefs. I know tribal warfare is mankinds favourite past time but damn, enoughs enough. Time for the world to grow up real quick

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
. . . over simply what are beliefs are . .

If you are attempting some kind of respect here for diversity - - - then state that Atheism is NOT a belief.

Beside that: Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" is the ultimate video everyone should respect.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

To answer the original question: Is there a cure for atheism? No and there shouldn't be. Is there a cure for religious beliefs: no and there shouldn't be. If mankind is so goddamn ignorant that we have to fight, to the death sometimes, over simply what are beliefs are what can we ever hope to achieve as species. We will never leave this planet to colonize the stars. We will be stuck on this wasted ,used up rock we call earth that will be so over populated and polluted that our very species will die out all because we couldn't agree with each others beliefs. I know tribal warfare is mankinds favourite past time but damn, enoughs enough. Time for the world to grow up real quick

My friend told me that fear is what keeps you here... the more fear you have in your life the more you are likely to reincarnate here. Modern relgions have you in fear of the one called the "Devil"... not sure of this but that is what he said.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why does that response not surprise me at all

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Why does that response not surprise me at all

Answer.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Petrol

i fear no devil or no god my friend. cannot fear what does not exist

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Anything you find to be true is a..... wait for it.....belief. Thats how your brain functions. You belive something to be true it's a belief. You cannot be this dumb can you?

Wrong.

Lack of belief is not a belief.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well thanks for clearing that up for me. after that informative answer i can say i truly understand now .

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

well thanks for clearing that up for me. after that informative answer i can say i truly understand now .

Still waiting for direct intelligent question.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Naw, I'm just joking, I still won't

Well, now you get two you star Nazi you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petrol
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I respect your answer... and my friend also said "If a religion promotes fear by some sort of devil or dark force that consumes your being that they are by definition a dark soul". Not sure what to think here... any ideas?

Well, from my worldview and presuppositions fear DOES NOT come from God, love does. Fear comes from the devil to paralyze people. People who are terrified cannot show love, and love conquers all, even rock, paper, and scissors.

God Bless,

This NuT has to sleep.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I dunno, but we know who's losing.

OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh that's convenient:

I now only lack the belief that God doesn't exist.

Wheeeew, that whole burden of proof thingie was a bitch!!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Wheeeew, that whole burden of proof thingie was a bitch!!

Are you trying to be cute?

Proof is non-existent - - - belief or lack of belief.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's like trying to get an answer from a door knob innit?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Irony. Take god away from a religious man and his entire belief structure falls apart. Why is killing wrong? "Because god said so." Why is stealing wrong? "Because god said so." Why is homosexuality wrong? "Because god said so." And so on.

Religion and bigotry are the roots of the cancer which is eating at our society; if you want to cure something, cure religion. Atheists aren't the ones blowing themselves up for allah, nor are they the ones mindlessly bashing gays.

You seem to be very ignorant full of prejudice. If your god exists it probably hates you because you can't feel love and acceptance for those who are different from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join