It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All of the folks arguing godyes/godno online with folks who will never change their belief.
Neither side can show any proof or even evidence of their argument.
Arguing on the internet ya know...

As far as a cure for atheism, is atheism a disease?
If so, wouldn't the opposite extreme (god) also be a disease?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of atheism. darwin used such absurd lies to propagate atheism, and many followed in his footsteps..

Superficiality was the next most common cause. Which is very apparent if you have actually met on of these individuals in person.

The third cause was the lack of ability to analyze and evaluate facts and information fairly.

Is there a cure for religionism ?

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of religionism. Churches used such absurd lies to propagate religionism, and many followed in it's footsteps..

Superficiality was the next most common cause. Which is very apparent if you have actually met on of these individuals in person.

The third cause was the lack of ability to analyze and evaluate facts and information fairly.

See, I didn't even have to change the second and third reasons.

Why must you require everyone to believe what you believe?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman

After doing some research on atheism I learned some interesting facts.

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of atheism. darwin used such absurd lies to propagate atheism, and many followed in his footsteps..

An atheist blogger stated
"I lament that I had a “poor relationship with [my] father” because I am sure that is a huge contributor to why I am an atheist. "
Negative experiences with theists usually contribute which leads back to their lack of communication skills. You may notice that they are quite defensive and cling to their non- beliefs like a life preserver.
here is a great dane cook video and his experience with an atheist

Wow.

Please look up the word "fact" in the dictionary. Generally speaking, a "fact" cannot be something composed of wholly subjective opinion...which eliminates your first two "causes" (or whatever) of atheism. Ironically, you have invalidated your own third "cause" as a by-product of demonstrating that you yourself do not understand the definition of the word "fact".

Here are a few links that explain some of the most common Logical Fallacies. It may seem real fancy...but rest assured it's nothing more than the same rules that junior high school debate teams are expected to know. Cross reference these cornerstones of reasoning and thought with the quackery you "believe" in and then get back to me on whether it is Atheists or the superstitious folks who cannot evaluate and analyze information fairly, correctly, and properly.

Links:
www.logicalfallacies.info...
www.nobeliefs.com...
www.don-lindsay-archive.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Is there a cure for religionism ?

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of religionism. Churches used such absurd lies to propagate religionism, and many followed in it's footsteps..

See, I didn't even have to change the second and third reasons.

Why must you require everyone to believe what you believe?

hehehehehe. Yeah..but that's different because Jesus talks to him or whatever.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In MY case, It would take a frontal lobotomy!

I turned to atheism AFTER going through the whole Christian / Religious indoctrination, and living the lifestyle with like minded people.

After all those years, It was the non-theistic people I have known who were the most moral and trustworthy.

They don't get a free pass for "sinning" just because they asked Gee-Whiz for forgiveness...

Eternal death is welcome, as I sure wouldn't want to live in the so called "Christian Paradise"

I wonder if, When Muslims and Christians merge their ideologies, Will they then get 144 virgins in the afterlife?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
All of the folks arguing godyes/godno online with folks who will never change their belief.
Neither side can show any proof or even evidence of their argument.
Arguing on the internet ya know...

As far as a cure for atheism, is atheism a disease?
If so, wouldn't the opposite extreme (god) also be a disease?

You know...we wouldn't have nearly so many problems in the world if we just taught The Logical Fallacies as a class just like English, Math, and Social Studies from elementary school onwards.

An Atheist does not need to "prove" God's nonexistence...given that it is not possible to prove a negative in the formal and strict sense. If we are talking about strict and absolute "proofs" in a logical, philosophical, or mathematical sense there is only one side which even has THE OPTION of "proving" their case...that of religion. Proving God's nonexistence in a strict sense is no more possible than calculating the last digit of of pi or another irrational number. According to the sum total of human knowledge at this point in time...there is no mechanism or device in mathematics to do so. Thus, it can't be a test question. Plain and simple.

However, in a looser sense that allows for inductive reasoning the "proof" supporting God's nonexistence is undeniable. This doesn't make God's nonexistence true...it just makes the argument for God's nonexistence to be wholly superior in every possible way according the the formal rules for Logic and Reasoning than it's inverse.

Lastly...don't assume that all Atheists are on a quest to prove the nonexistence of God. A whole lot of us could really just care less if God exists or not and find the matter largely to mostly irrelevant and not of concern.

What most Atheists are passionate about is in teaching people how to come to proper conclusion based upon their observable reality. Believing that an all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving God and also believe that this same being ALSO screwed up humanity so bad on the first go that he had to exterminate almost all of them in a flood is as incoherent as the idea of a Heaven and Hell for a God who is all loving.

Not much of a concern in the realm of fairy tales for us Atheists...but unfortunately we have to share the damn planet with you and you guys are also able to vote and simply run loose in our streets without court appointed guardians.

Thus, if someone forms irrational, incoherent, and ludicrous conclusions about these things...then they very well might do the same about things that ACTUALLY matter like economic and environmental issues, or backing the Israeli occupation of Gaza. These incorrect conclusions and incoherencies ARE DANGEROUS AND GET PEOPLE KILLED.

That's what the issue really is. Go ahead and "believe" in unicorns for all I care, if you are able separate fact from fantasy when it comes time to elect our leaders and engage in a national conversation about things that have real-world effects right here, on earth, in this life.

History tells us the two are rarely compatible.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's not a disease so no cure is required. It's an ideology.

And as a Christian I would just say....... Psst. You're not helping.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This thread is offensive and ignorant.

Lets say someone is raped repeatedly by a priest. Are they "allowed" to become an Atheist then?

Christlings like to think that they do the world good. It's their hypocrisy and dogma that turns people into reasonable human beings (atheists). But only if they have the shred of intelligence to get past the horses***

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrasque
This thread is offensive and ignorant.

Lets say someone is raped repeatedly by a priest. Are they "allowed" to become an Atheist then?

Christlings like to think that they do the world good. It's their hypocrisy and dogma that turns people into reasonable human beings (atheists). But only if they have the shred of intelligence to get past the horses***

NO NO NO - - you don't become Atheist because your mad at God or a church.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Are you saying Atheism is an ideology? That is incorrect.

Atheism has no belief at all attached to it. It is Lack of Belief in a deity/god. Nothing else.

An individual Atheist can have a belief/ideology based on Atheism (no god) - - - that would be called Atheism Philosophy.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You tell me. Have you ever been sexually abused? By a person who you are told to trust your entire life to because they speak the word of "god"?

Don't tell me why I chose to reject these fictional characters.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
the atheist denys the foundation of existence. but everyone has their doubts until they see god. you can't know until then. it is our lack of awareness or ignorance that we don't experience him

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

surely a reveal today
or a reveal in fifty thousand years time
will mean the same thing, in that respect?
either we had free will all along or we didn't.
showing up at the end and going "hey guys, it was me all along" is pretty much the biggest dick move i can think of, ever.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm saying that if God Almighty showed up to every person on Earth and told them to do something, ANYTHING, they'd pretty much just do it. How could you not?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You tell me. Have you ever been sexually abused? By a person who you are told to trust your entire life to because they speak the word of "god"?

Don't tell me why I chose to reject these fictional characters.

If you are using anger against God to be Atheist - - then you are recognizing God.

I am not saying you can't choose to be Atheist because you lack belief in a god.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Did I ever say that I am an atheist?

I am Thelemic for your information.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Did I ever say that I am an atheist?

I am Thelemic for your information.

I did not say you were Atheist.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LMAO, dude i watched that Dane Cook show, that dude is hilarious. I choked on my own laughter at that part. Atheists actually believe that when you die, dead is dead, you become wormfood and that's lights out for you. You go to oblivion. It's true too, unless you have Jesus you stay dead forever.

Ecclesiastes 9:2-6

2 All things come alike to all:

One event happens to the righteous and the wicked;
To the good, the clean, and the unclean;
To him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice.
As is the good, so is the sinner;
He who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.

3 This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all. Truly the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil; madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead. 4 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they will die;
But the dead know nothing,
And they have no more reward,
For the memory of them is forgotten
6 Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished;
Nevermore will they have a share
In anything done under the sun.

I'd rather be a living dog than a dead lion, between you and me, dead is dead ao it is better to choose life.
edit on 21-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"Helping" what? Who asked for "help"?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

As it has been said by many throughout the past, "I believe in one less God than you." Monotheists are atheists to polytheists, and 'atheists' believe in one less God than monotheists. I hope you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Are you saying Atheism is an ideology? That is incorrect.

Atheism has no belief at all attached to it. It is Lack of Belief in a deity/god. Nothing else.

An individual Atheist can have a belief/ideology based on Atheism (no god) - - - that would be called Atheism Philosophy.

Correct. There is no set of "ideals" that come along with atheism. It's just simply a blanket term used for those who are not superstitious.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join