It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

After doing some research on atheism I learned some interesting facts.

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of atheism. darwin used such absurd lies to propagate atheism, and many followed in his footsteps..

Superficiality was the next most common cause. Which is very apparent if you have actually met on of these individuals in person.

The third cause was the lack of ability to analyze and evaluate facts and information fairly.

An atheist blogger stated
"I lament that I had a “poor relationship with [my] father” because I am sure that is a huge contributor to why I am an atheist. "

Negative experiences with theists usually contribute which leads back to their lack of communication skills. You may notice that they are quite defensive and cling to their non- beliefs like a life preserver.

here is a great dane cook video and his experience with an atheist

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you met me. Youde think what a nice wonderful christian boy. Im agnostic by label, myself by my beliefs. I do not understand how you can cure a human born label. Atheism has been around for a long time, in fact, most ancient scientific community's were atheistic but accepting of other beliefs. Why cant your particular label of belief just let people do what they wish in the realms of beleifs? Hell, I could start a religion saying a large lizzard that lives deep underground made all of us. I really dont understand the whole religious/belief battles. Live and let live people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Well Nimrod was the very first Atheist and he married his mom. I wonder why no one talks about him. He seems alot cooler then darwin.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The cure for atheism is to finally put our differences to rest and go on about our own lives rather than trying to instill our beliefs on everyone else. Then there would be no need for labels like atheists, religious nuts etc.

It's either I don't believe or I do. Labels are what have caused so many wars and deaths over religion throughout history.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman

After doing some research on atheism I learned some interesting facts.

Moral Depravity is one of the main causes of atheism.

Link?

darwin used such absurd lies to propagate atheism, and many followed in his footsteps..

Link?

Superficiality was the next most common cause.

Link?

Which is very apparent if you have actually met on of these individuals in person.

Link?

The third cause was the lack of ability to analyze and evaluate facts and information fairly.

What information? Link?
edit on 20-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Dear Patchman,

Sorry; but, as a Christian I still find your post inflammatory. Atheism is not a disease, it is a belief set and people come to it for all different types of reasons. I don't see how we can have a measured conversation with anyone when we ridicule them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

OMG you think atheists have Moral Depravity tell that to all those victims of the Clergy people who messed with kids and who castrated kids because they were gay.
Cue my secret weapon
(you know who you are
)
Oh and does anyone else find Dane Cook isn't even a bit funny?
edit on 20-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Haha. Wait, what's going on man? You're kidding me right.

Also, what inspired the name Patchman? Are you a follower of Spirit Science? If so I love their stuff, but bro, come on - some of the most intelligent minds that have walked the planet are Atheist by nature. They tend to be far more logical than most people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Many many studies say the more intelligent you are the less likely you are to believe in God.

kspark.kaist.ac.kr...&%20religion.htm

oops replied to you but because I agree but my post is aimed at the OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Atheism is the cure my friend. Religion is the disease.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Attempting to state that Atheists are morally deprived, really only shows the moral deprevity of those who state such things.

Considering your "god" would like you to no judge people based on their religious affiliations, as that's determined by him in the "Grand Judgement" or whatever you'd like to cal lit; it's a bit ironic that you would label all atheists as being the same.

Now myself, am not an Atheist, although I do not believe in a Monotheistic god ( a single parent who writes books), I do believe there is some form of higher power, I just don't think it particularily cares about us in the grand scheme of things.

Methinks God would be far too busy running the rest of the universe to care about what goes on, on some back water planet. It's kind of arrogant to think that he would be so obsessed with humans as to make light of his other duties, which to me seem far more pressing than the woes of humans.

Further analysis of your thoughts reveals no actual evidence of anything you say, just conjecture based on personal opinion and experience. This is not a fact, this is a belief, you should know the difference between the two.

Otherwise, people might think you don't know what your talking about.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Negative experiences with theists usually contribute which leads back to their lack of communication skills. You may notice that they are quite defensive and cling to their non- beliefs like a life preserver.

]
Much like you bible bangers do and your beliefs. Are all of you bible bangers fatally allergic to logic and reason?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What's the point of having a picture of an ancient Egyptian ankh?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
yes there is a cure for atheism...doctor albert hoffman discovered it in 1938...changed the world...although atheism isn't a disease...just a mere lack of belief in anything beyond what the eyes can see...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

That really made me giggle I bet he doesn't answer

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

just to make you ask that question...duh...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

.just a mere lack of belief in anything beyond what the eyes can see...

So all scientists are religious??? Give me a break dude LOL

edit on 20-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Jesus camps!!! thats the answer lock all atheists in Jesus camps, don't let them sleep give them Jesus juice and beat them until they believe and if they don't death by the sword.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hmmm. I tend to agree. I had a girlfriend whose father and brother were both atheists. They were both monumental a-hole racist douchebags.

The father had a woman on the side that everyone had full knowledge of. He was so racist he would turn the channel if a black person were on the screen (no lie) then make a comment about how awful it is that "they let 'n-word's on TV". The brother got married and had 6 kids (last I knew). His reason for having so many kids? I will paraphrase to the best of my memory: "We need to have as many kids as we can to keep the 'n-word's outnumbered.".

Atheists both.

Now, my girlfriend and her mom were Christians, and I can tell you that they were some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

On a side note, your description sounds a lot like another disease that rhymes with "liberalism".

edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Erm you get people who are douchebags in all walks of life and you can't just say they were because they didn't have religion....maybe you labeled them douchebags because they don't share the same religion as you.
(But if he is racist yeah he is one)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join