It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for atheism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

But, buuuuuut,... if there is a hell him and Dawkins will be bunkies, not in the same dorm as Hitler and Judas, but still bunkies nonetheless.

If "hell" is where I would be permanently free of christians, jews, and muslims and would be in the company of great minds such as Dawkins and Nietzsche then your hell is my heaven.

Dude, it was a joke. Like I said, I wouldn't wish Hell on anyone, not even my most bitter enemy. Never. What ever happened to humor, Hitchens himself would have appreciated that needling. He had a great sense of humor if you'd ever watched his videos or debates.

EDIT: And I'd change that to "those that practice Judaism", Jews are a race, not all Jews are religious.

edit on 20-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

If it where real just think of the knowledge and brain power that would be down there. Awful shame that type of genius would be wasted for eternity just because they didn't comform to the church

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There is no judgement.

There is no hell.

And if I can respect your unbelief in them, why can't you respect my belief in them?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hitchins did have a GREAT sense of humor. I've spent many an hour watchin' his vids and debates. The one thing the guy could never be accused of was not having a great sense of humor

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

The sad thing is, we have the same potential here on Earth, but most of us waste it..
Whatever happened to all the radical thinkers? We need more people like Thomas Jefferson, Dawkins, Nietzsche, Einstein, Pythagoras, Leonardo Da Vinci, the list goes on and on.. it's as if in the past 100 years or so people like this have disappeared. Maybe it's something in the water supply

or maybe its religion slowing peoples development and evolution, causing them to think and ask questions less..
edit on 20-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you actually interested in dialogue or are you just a troll?

link   

Originally posted by alkesh

Hitchins did have a GREAT sense of humor. I've spent many an hour watchin' his vids and debates. The one thing the guy could never be accused of was not having a great sense of humor

Absolutely!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Dude, it was a joke.

Hell is not something that is a joke to you.

At least be honest.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Annee

And on a lighter note:

Page 5 and op still has no flags.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh Oh Oh - - - - "it" brings out the "troll" accusation.

End of conversation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Dude, it was a joke.

Hell is not something that is a joke to you.

At least be honest.

Anne, I didn't say that. I said I was making a joke. Look, I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings somewhere, can we have a truce?

*offers hand*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I've seen you around ATS, a lot.

You seem to be everything a Christian should be. A follower of Christ's words.

The LORD bless you and keep you,
The LORD make his face shine upon you
The LORD turn his face toward you and show you peace.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by alkesh

The sad thing is, we have the same potential here on Earth, but most of us waste it..
Whatever happened to all the radical thinkers? We need more people like Thomas Jefferson, Dawkins, Nietzsche, Einstein, Pythagoras, Leonardo Da Vinci, the list goes on and on.. it's as if in the past 100 years or so people like this have disappeared. Maybe it's something in the water supply

or maybe its religion slowing peoples development and evolution, causing them to think and ask questions less..

*puts tin-foil hat on*

I think that has to do with the Illuminati purposing to dumb down the populace. Look at the Arithmatic books from the 18th century if you get a chance sometime, 6th graders were doing work grad students are doing today. Illuminati needs dumb factory workers.

*Foil hat off*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I think your idea of Illuminati is slightly incorrect.. but i am not going to get into that on this thread, as that would get way off topic..

link   

I've seen you around ATS, a lot.

You seem to be everything a Christian should be. A follower of Christ's words.

The LORD bless you and keep you,
The LORD make his face shine upon you
The LORD turn his face toward you and show you peace.

Namaste

Hey Buddha!!

that's so nice! Thank you .

And I don't know if it's good I'm around here a lot, I'm unemployed at the moment.
[joke]I guess Jesus just wants me to aggravate Anne more right now.[/joke]

God Bless You.

link   
Does the belief in a religion that promotes fear deserve respect? I once heard this from an atheist and just wondering.

link   
reply to post by Annee

We never were having a conversation. A conversation is when there is an exchange of ideas. If you are actually a 65 year old woman then I'm truly sorry for you. You are acting like a petulant child.

link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Oh no not the dreaded floride. You are right though, something has happend in the last century or so. I think technology has a big role in it. We don't have to do anything really anymore ourselfs. Hell we don't have to leave the house anymore if we don't want to. Order everything from your computer or phone and it'll be delivered to your front door. People had way more time back in the day ponder things- life,meaning of the universe, why things are the way they are, ect. Fast forward to today an the attition span of the average person is about 30 secs. Not everyone, but the majority. There still are free thinkers out there, unfourtunetly they are spread so far and thin we will never have it like it was in the good ol' days
edit on 20-3-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petrol
Does the belief in a religion that promotes fear deserve respect? I once heard this from an atheist and just wondering.

NOPE!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

We never were having a conversation. A conversation is when there is an exchange of ideas. If you are actually a 65 year old woman then I'm truly sorry for you. You are acting like a petulant child.

Pull the Troll card. Kindergarten.

Done.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join