It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Nabs Suspected Al Queda Terrorist At O'Hare International Airport

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I cannot view the video as they are banned at work, but I read a portion of that article. Correct me if I am wrong, but they searched a child, whos leg is casted, that makes him a suspected terrorist and because he is in a wheelchair? Maybe I'm missing it here. I am sure the video would shed some light but I can't view it.

Seems a bit strange, but then again thats the TSA.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I cannot view the video as they are banned at work, but I read a portion of that article. Correct me if I am wrong, but they searched a child, whos leg is casted, that makes him a suspected terrorist and because he is in a wheelchair? Maybe I'm missing it here. I am sure the video would shed some light but I can't view it.

Seems a bit strange, but then again thats the TSA.

-SAP-

You are missing something.

IT'S CALLED RANDOM SEARCHES.

Oh.
My.
God.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Ah okay that makes sense. Well if thats the case thats not really new news, but I can see how its upsetting.

Suspecting a child of being a terrorist simply because he is in a wheelchair and has a cast on is just plain stupid.

Thanks for shedding some light on it. Caps wasn't needed thought, but I degress.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's interesting to see what points are being avoided by the people who are outraged by this video.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

- Benjamin Franklin

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I also think the TSA having to search/pat-down a child like this is not good. But, don't you posters offended by this not think for one second a home grown terrorist that looks like most of us would hesitate to put a bomb on a kid to blow up a plane? I hate it that we have to go through the search, but if it keeps just one airliner from being blown-up again - then so be it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Meh, I changed my mind.

It was preemptive and repeating what I've already said.

edit on 20-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

TA toddler in a wheelchair is stopped by the TSA at ORD (O'Hare Airport in Chicago) and forced to into a sequestered area.ext

Damn....I'm glad they got that little al Qaeda bastard because he's wanted for three drive-by shootings in my city.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
For the last time, the TSA pats down people at random.

Can you grasp that? Do you know what random is?

If it's a child that comes through at the next random number, then a child gets searched. If it's a man, then a man gets searched. If it's a 90 year old woman, then she gets searched.

There is no greater significance to who gets selected than that. For God's sake, quit looking at this story like, "OMG, a child in a wheelchair got searched? The horror! The horror! TSA's like, OMG, so stupid!!"

Why so militant in your defense of the TSA's unconstitutional authority?
It seems the indoctrination has worked quite well with you.

Don't worry, they'll protect you from all the extremely elusive bad scary terrorists that are looking to blow up airplanes

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Don't worry, they'll protect you from all the extremely elusive bad scary terrorists that are looking to blow up airplanes

There is absolutely NOTHING unconstitutional about their authority. If you don't want to submit to a pat down, then DON'T FLY.

Get it? TSA is not busting down your door making you submit to searches. They're not stopping you out on the streets to search you. This is nowhere near the same thing as a police force searching you at whim, and if you think it is, then you don't comprehend constitutional rights in the slightest.

And I'm so militant about it because I think we, as Americans, are whiners. I think we have overblown sense of entitlement that borders on nauseating. I think what we really cherish more than anything is our "right" to be offended and made indignant. We just *love* to get worked up over the dumbest of things and complain about how the government is bad, the corporations are bad, the "system" is bad, everyone's out to get us, and oh by the way, can I get whipped cream on my latte?

Americans need to get over themselves and their personal liberties and get a sense of perspective for a change.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

I agree with a lot of what you just said, however I don't think the TSA thing is blown out of proportion.

There was a graphic posted before. I'll upload it again.

The full body scanners are a breach of personal privacy. The random checks without probable cause is an obstruction of our right to freedom of travel.

"Yes, you can still travel, but you must let us grab your balls and look at you naked first...all in the name of freedom of course, even though we never do any good."

The TSA are being implemented at train stations, subway stations, and even ferry docks.
dailycaller.com...

Random checkpoints on the road are set up by police and obstruct freedom of travel without probable cause.

When is enough, enough?
How far will they take this? How much more of the tax payer's money will they waste?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Simply put, I just feel sad for our country knowing that we are in a place where these kind of searches are happening........

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by paradox

There is absolutely NOTHING unconstitutional about their authority. If you don't want to submit to a pat down, then DON'T FLY.

Get it? TSA is not busting down your door making you submit to searches. They're not stopping you out on the streets to search you. This is nowhere near the same thing as a police force searching you at whim, and if you think it is, then you don't comprehend constitutional rights in the slightest.

And I'm so militant about it because I think we, as Americans, are whiners. I think we have overblown sense of entitlement that borders on nauseating. I think what we really cherish more than anything is our "right" to be offended and made indignant. We just *love* to get worked up over the dumbest of things and complain about how the government is bad, the corporations are bad, the "system" is bad, everyone's out to get us, and oh by the way, can I get whipped cream on my latte?

Americans need to get over themselves and their personal liberties and get a sense of perspective for a change.

Actually thats not entirely true..... Have you not heard about the TSA searches on Tennessee expressways?

Check the link below, it will give you a little more information... And sadly, this is only the start...

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Actually, I hadn't heard of that. But I do thank you for the link and for raising my awareness on it.

I can't say I'm a fan of TSA any more than anyone else is. And I can't say I believe they're really that effective at what they're doing.

But the argument of efficacy and who's really making money off this is more important to me than any discussion of constitutional rights. Because again, I think we overblow our personal liberties, as hard as that may be to hear coming from an American. It practically doesn't affect me if I have to submit to a search at the airport or the train station, even if it would make an ACLU lawyer's skin crawl.

Now, if a TSA agent tried stopping me on the sidewalk or while I was driving my car, that would be an entirely different situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

He's not in a body cast he is in a leg cast. He is not visably trembling. He doesnt look phased by this too much. Maybe a little confused by the process. Who is making a big deal out of this?
edit on 20-3-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

What does their religion have to do with their ability to do their jobs? Who is racially profiling here ? They're muslims SO WHAT?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by kn0wh0w

He's not in a body cast he is in a leg cast. He is not visably trembling. He doesnt look phased by this at all. Who is making a big deal out of this?

People who get hysterical at anything they don't like. People who absolutely must have something to be angry about.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join