It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Nabs Suspected Al Queda Terrorist At O'Hare International Airport

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think the funniest part about all this is on the TSA Blog.

Over the weekend, a video filmed in spring of 2010 started making its way around the web and has since become viral. The child had a cast and was in a wheelchair, and as a result, alternate procedures needed to be used. TSA has modified our screening to a risk-based approach, including modifying our screening for passengers 12 and under to reduce the amount of pat-downs that children receive. That said, certain medical conditions and other circumstances may require alternative measures to be implemented from time to time.

Blogger Bob at the TSA doesn't even address the issue. As usual with his posts he merely skirts around it and tries to pretend everything is fine.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

I cannot imagine an employee telling his/her boss no to a business trip because they want to protest the TSA. Especially in today's economy, large unemployment rates means that ones boss may see their employees as more disposable. The HR department may literally have 1000's of resumes from people that would probably take less money and fly 7 days a week to take the job from the employee who refuses to fly in protest.

No one ever said fighting for freedom, liberty, and your rights was supposed to be easy. Everyone who fought in the past had to give up much more than just the potential to loose their jobs. It's called sacrifice. And if we aren't willing to make sacrifices in the name of freedom, then we don't deserve it. Americans have become to complacent in recent years. Must be all the fluoride in the water.

I hate to bring up the Gestapo, but you know people would just get shot trying to resist. American military might and police forces are strong and no one wants to get thrown in jail and have their credibility lost. One wonders how much we will take as people before we begin resisting. I guess we could learn from the French.

In fact, now that I think about it, maybe the lawyers made laws making the Gestapo actions legal.

edit on 20-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

What i am refering to is C4. That cast wouldnt have much problem fitting a pound in there. A pound of C4 could blow a hole in the plane and kill several people on the plane. Doubt it would bring the plan down.

Having his cast checked isnt hard. Having his wheel chair checked isnt hard.

There are agents on the plane so even if you did try to rip a peice of metal off the wheel chair , you would be apprehended. They are worried about bombs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow, it's kind of sad that so many people missed the point of my satire.

Tell you what, folks.

You're so upset about all of your "freedoms" that have been taken away from you? You're so indignant that TSA wants to pat you down before you go your merry way?

Then don't fly. Go take a friggin' Greyhound. Go try Amtrak.

See how I did that? Problem solved.

See, you don't have a "right" to fly. Sorry. That's not an inalienable right. And you don't have a "right" to not have to bother with security procedures when you do fly. Sorry, that's not an inalienable right either.

So there you go. As always, my freedom loving friends, you have choices. That's call freedom in and of itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by camus154

We do have the right to freely tavel.

"Undoubtedly the right of locomotion, the right to move from one place to another according to inclination, is an attribute of personal liberty, and the right, ordinarily, of free transit from or through the territory of any State is a right secured by the 14th amendment and by other provisions of the Constitution." Schactman v. Dulles, 96 App DC 287, 293.

"The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the 5th Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

Granted, these case were referring to traveling on roads, but the principle is the same. We do have the right to unrestricted travel, be it in the air or on the ground.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Tell me, what would you do with your kids? Would you do anything at all to comfort them and minimize the sense of fear and terror? Or just prod your kids to scream and cry and make a scene? Which parent is the more compassionate and sensible?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by camus154

We do have the right to freely tavel.

"Undoubtedly the right of locomotion, the right to move from one place to another according to inclination, is an attribute of personal liberty, and the right, ordinarily, of free transit from or through the territory of any State is a right secured by the 14th amendment and by other provisions of the Constitution." Schactman v. Dulles, 96 App DC 287, 293.

"The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the 5th Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

Granted, these case were referring to traveling on roads, but the principle is the same. We do have the right to unrestricted travel, be it in the air or on the ground.

The principle is not the same. For instance, do you have the "right" to travel by submarine? How about by space shuttle?

Of course not. You have the right to move yourself throughout the territories and states of the country. The laws you mentioned apply specifically to public roads and highways....

Regardless, this right to travel does NOT mean you do not have to follow security procedures. Which is what this thread is really about.

But in all honesty, I applaud you digging that up. Love learning something new.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ridonkulous! I have not flown since the TSA started their new groping procedures and will not fly unless my employer mandates it. If I want to vacation somewhere I will drive... not that I have gone on a vacation in the last 3 years anyhow.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Ridonkulous! I have not flown since the TSA started their new groping procedures and will not fly unless my employer mandates it. If I want to vacation somewhere I will drive... not that I have gone on a vacation in the last 3 years anyhow.

That's the spirit!

The less people I have to bump elbows with, and the less screaming kids kicking my seat back, the better.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by milkyway12

But you know what the problem is with these terrorists?

They don't need to fly as they're already in america.

In the white house to be more exact.

It's not an issue of letting terrorists into the country. All those involved in 9-11 were here and they used domestic flights not Intl flights.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Where was I shown to be wrong? All I have seen is you making an unsubstantiated post.

You can believe me or you can call me a liar. The scar on my neck, the plate in my jaw, the way I can predict the weather by my jaw, the way my jaw pops out once in a while, the doctors letter from 1992 I keep in my wallet and the way I set off metal detectors is real proof, but people like you who come to threads like this with an agenda and a closed mind don't care about facts.

Interestingly I did some research and recently things have changed in that you don't need the card from your doctor as you have had to have for years.

From the TSA website:

It is recommended (but not required) that you advise the Security Officer that you have an implanted pacemaker, other implanted medical device, or metal implant and where that implant is located.

Any other ways you want to make a fool out of yourself?
edit on Tue Mar 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backwherewestarted
but people like you who come to threads like this with an agenda and a closed mind don't care about facts.

What's my agenda?

You're being condescending for no reason I can think of other than the fact you might work for the TSA

Interestingly I did some research and recently things have changed in that you don't need the card from your doctor as you have had to have for years.

From the TSA website:

It is recommended (but not required) that you advise the Security Officer that you have an implanted pacemaker, other implanted medical device, or metal implant and where that implant is located.

What did that prove?
When you tell them, they will ask for proof, and if you don't tell them, they will find out when the detector goes off.

Any other ways you want to make a fool out of yourself?

How many times are you going to repeat yourself when being proven wrong?
edit on 3-20-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So you see terrorists where there are none? You buy into everyone is a terrorist until proven to be an average citizen? No, inspecting a three year old in a wheel chair does NOT make America safer.

Did you know that the people working on the tarmac on a daily basis are not searched be fore going to work? There a literally thousands of people who have more direct access to planes than you or I will ever have as a passenger. Instead of disguising a three year old in a wheel chair as a bomb, just get a job with the airlines and take one into work one day. Job done, completed, finished.

So, now I hope you are now more frightened of the so called security measures in an airport than you are by some random child in a wheel chair.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
So, now I hope you are now more frightened of the so called security measures in an airport than you are by some random child in a wheel chair.

I really don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp.

It's random. That means some pretty ridiculous situations are going to occur where we all go, "Huh? Why are you searching that baby/that nun/that armless person"?

Just because you can point to the extreme absurd examples doesn't negate the entire process. It's random, people.

In other words, we can't play favorites. TSA can't spend their time going, "Oh, we don't have to search you because in my subjective opinion you're OBVIOUSLY not a terrorist".

If they did that, you all would be right back here complaining how unfair TSA is and how they're singling out some people versus the others.

Good lord. The only thing scary here is the lack of critical thinking.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join