It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skybolt

Looking at photos of some of these ancient sites (especially the ones in South America), I can't help but feel that these structures were constructed out of fear. Why use such massive stone blocks with no gaps or mortar in between, while making them earthquack proof?! Perhaps, the great flood took many generations to finally engulf the entire earth after the last ice age, and the remaining inhabitants had no choice but to build way up on top of mountains for survival. They also used massive blocks so that the rising waters and accompanying earthquacks would not penetrate or push these blocks inward killing the population inside.....snip

Those walls in Peru and Bolivia sure look like water retention walls or breaking walls. They look water tight.

When the great flooding occurred it did not matter if you were on a river, inland or on the coast. When the oceans rose over 123 meters it was global and any thing close to sea level was inundated and did not have to be close to the sea itself.

So any civilization who did build along river banks were all destroyed and lay mainly submerged to this day unless your river was up in the andes mountains but even their people said that waters reached their peaks..... Go figure.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
When the great flooding occurred it did not matter if you were on a river, inland or on the coast. When the oceans rose over 123 meters it was global and any thing close to sea level was inundated and did not have to be close to the sea itself.

So any civilization who did build along river banks were all destroyed...

That last bit is certainly untrue.

Even during the most precipitous rise (meltwater pulse 1A), the increase in sea level was only something between 4 and 7 centimeters year.

Any "civilization" would obviously have relocated when (or if) it became necessary.

Harte

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

According to the ancients themselves, "everything we know has been handed to us by the Gods". All ancient civilizations share the same belief. If they invented those technologies themselves, why would they credit those to someone else?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
According to the ancients themselves, "everything we know has been handed to us by the Gods". All ancient civilizations share the same belief. If they invented those technologies themselves, why would they credit those to someone else?

I understand your claim, but disagree with it.

Cite some of these ancients stating that this or that technology came from the gods.

For example, in the Mahabharata, the Hindus credit the "clever Greeks" with the invention of the vimana.

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Of the three main schools of thought surrounding the mystery of these megalith structures, Primitives, Aliens and Ancient Tech Man, I tend to find myself in the school of the latter...

In the case of the pyramids especially (as these are the centre of attraction to most of these discussions) I think most people have an issue reconciling between the actual construction, and the historical timeline given to us by mainstream science/Archaeology..It is indeed very possible and likely (imo) that these structures at Giza are far older than we are led to believe they are.

Furthermore, it is again my opinion, that if one can remove oneself from the mainstream dogma and postulate that these structures were built outside the mainstream timeline, then it becomes a much easier prospect to contemplate. As it stands at the moment, the Sumerian culture is the oldest we have, but as they (Sumerians) have been accreditied with the first written language it is from that era only and forward that we have any knowledge of recorded history.

In the Sumerian and subsequent writings thereafter we have a myriad of stories and tales that we have formulated to become what we know as history, but as many of these stories that we see in the Sumerian culture through to Assyria/Babylon, Egypt and into Judae were all originally oral traditions, where do we begin?

The bottom line is - we don't know how old these oral stories are!! I postulate that the stories that we read from the ancient cultures are so ancient, that we have no concept of how old any of them may actually be, particularly the pre-deluvian oral tales and the Sumerian Kings List et-al.

It is my belief that the three great civilizations of the ancient world, Sumer, Babylon and Egypt were legacy civilizations of a society that existed so long ago, possibly tens of millennia ago or even longer.
They tried for a long time to keep their own oral traditions alive and tried in vein to keep the remnances of their lost technolgy together for as long as they could, but without the infrastructure to keep it all sustainable, it all eventually fell apart on them. Again, this is only a theory and only my opinion, I have no facts to back my theory, but the obvious clue to me was the advanced and sophisticated knowledge that all three civilizations had of Astronomy and Mathematics. This knowledge "potentially" can survive the ages as it can possibly be taught (Father to Son so to speak), however, without heavy infrastructure to support it (manufacturing for example) the ability to advance that knowledge that has been kept alive will inevitably fail, and become lost to future generations - and this is what I believe has happened here!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlilsadog

I have no facts to back my theory, but the obvious clue to me was the advanced and sophisticated knowledge that all three civilizations had of Astronomy and Mathematics. This knowledge "potentially" can survive the ages as it can possibly be taught (Father to Son so to speak), however, without heavy infrastructure to support it (manufacturing for example) the ability to advance that knowledge that has been kept alive will inevitably fail, and become lost to future generations - and this is what I believe has happened here!

Well yes that is the difficulty, no evidence for lost civilizations and lots against it. The easy solution is that the Sumerians and others learned about astrology and mathematics by themselves, they were rather a clever lot.

Let me ask one of my favourite question of you. You are denying the evidence of the mainstream contention of the status of the pyramids. What is this evidence?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlilsadog
Of the three main schools of thought surrounding the mystery of these megalith structures, Primitives, Aliens and Ancient Tech Man, I tend to find myself in the school of the latter...

In the case of the pyramids especially (as these are the centre of attraction to most of these discussions) I think most people have an issue reconciling between the actual construction, and the historical timeline given to us by mainstream science/Archaeology..It is indeed very possible and likely (imo) that these structures at Giza are far older than we are led to believe they are.

If they are, then so is the Egyptian culture that built them.

So, where's the evidence for that?

There are Egyptian Hieratic glyphs painted between the walls of the Great Pyramid, for example. Such glyphs have been found inside every pyramid where anyone has looked for them.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

There are Egyptian Hieratic glyphs painted between the walls of the Great Pyramid, for example. Such glyphs have been found inside every pyramid where anyone has looked for them.

Harte

This is a link to the glyphs found in Khufu tomb

The link

Hit the button called (scrollen) to see all the images

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Enlilsadog

I have no facts to back my theory, but the obvious clue to me was the advanced and sophisticated knowledge that all three civilizations had of Astronomy and Mathematics. This knowledge "potentially" can survive the ages as it can possibly be taught (Father to Son so to speak), however, without heavy infrastructure to support it (manufacturing for example) the ability to advance that knowledge that has been kept alive will inevitably fail, and become lost to future generations - and this is what I believe has happened here!

Well yes that is the difficulty, no evidence for lost civilizations and lots against it. The easy solution is that the Sumerians and others learned about astrology and mathematics by themselves, they were rather a clever lot.

Let me ask one of my favourite question of you. You are denying the evidence of the mainstream contention of the status of the pyramids. What is this evidence?

Whether one believes that there is little or no evidence for lost civilizations depends upon ones' perception of what one sees with their own eyes - I have been to Giza and what I have seen with my own eyes has led me to formulate the opinion I have on the matter. I don't need to supply evidence because I stated earlier that what I posted was an opinion.

I'm not stating anything that I post as being factual. I am not qualified to make any such statement(s) as being factual, just as Egyptologists are not qualified to ignorantly rebuke or ignore evidence from an Engineering and Geological perspective regarding the construction or the age of the Pyramids/Sphinx respectively

If what you are referring to as "evidence" is the evidence or theories delivered to us by the likes of Zahi Hawass and Mark Lehner et al, and all others that have preceeded them from within the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, I believe one would be foolish to ignore the fact that there is a heavy political agenda also at play here.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Whether one believes that there is little or no evidence for lost civilizations depends upon ones' perception of what one sees with their own eyes - I have been to Giza and what I have seen with my own eyes has led me to formulate the opinion I have on the matter. I don't need to supply evidence because I stated earlier that what I posted was an opinion.

I was actually asking if you knew what evidence the mainstream bases it present theories on? I'll take your answer as being no. I've been to Egypt six times myself, fours times as an archaeologist and twice as mere tourist, so I to have wandered around Giza - those Egyptians did good work wouldn't you say?

I'm not stating anything that I post as being factual. I am not qualified to make any such statement(s) as being factual, just as Egyptologists are not qualified to ignorantly rebuke or ignore evidence from an Engineering and Geological perspective regarding the construction or the age of the Pyramids/Sphinx respectively

You appear to be talking about the disagreement about the age of the Sphinx or more correctly its enclosure. I would note that geologists also disagree about this. If you are talking about somethign else explain please

If what you are referring to as "evidence" is the evidence or theories delivered to us by the likes of Zahi Hawass and Mark Lehner et al, and all others that have preceeded them from within the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, I believe one would be foolish to ignore the fact that there is a heavy political agenda also at play here. ,

You do realize that a large number of Egyptologists are not Egyptians (the majority of those are European and North American) so what politics is this?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks to you OP, I just spent $100.00. Also got my main XMAS shopping done in one blow. I bought the last four sonic knives off a site for $22.00 ea. Thanks for a great compilation of videos.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Harte

Harte -

I have already stated that it is my own personal opinion based upon what I have observed - I have no factual evidence to support that opinion, because it is just that, an opinion! At any rate all that says is that someone painted hieratics in them at some point in the past, does it not? It has been alleged that certain leaders of various expeditions actually did this themselves?? I don't know, do you - for sure?

Hanslune -

Your initial question could be interpreted a couple of ways, my apologies if I did not address it in the first instance..They did good work? You are entitled to your opinion, as am I...Yes, I was referring to the Sphinx, primarily...And, yes I am aware that a large contribution to Egyptology has come from the Europeans (British, French & Germans)..

Until such time that I hear presented an argument (that I can believe wholeheartedly) as to why humanity can build megalithic structures of such wonder and such precision, and then de-evolve into the Dark Ages for 1000 years when our basic human nature is to constantly strive to improve ourselves, and to better that which came before us, I shall continue to view the Model that Egyptologists (et-al) have given us with a considerable degree of scepticism!

Thankyou both for your contributions, however we shall agree to disagree on this for the present time. Have a good weekend.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Harte

Harte -

I have already stated that it is my own personal opinion based upon what I have observed - I have no factual evidence to support that opinion, because it is just that, an opinion! At any rate all that says is that someone painted hieratics in them at some point in the past, does it not? It has been alleged that certain leaders of various expeditions actually did this themselves?? I don't know, do you - for sure?

It's been alleged by a couple of fringe authors that don't know what they are talking about and aren't aware of the reasons why this "hoax" was, in fact, perfectly impossible to execute (such as, the name shown for Khufu in the grafitti in the GP was unknown at the time it was discovered and was later found in other locations, after it was first seen in the Great Pyramid - and that's only one of a multitude of reasons.)

If you need to know more reasons why Vyse couldn't have faked these inscriptions, which BTW are done in exactly the same way in, as I said, all other pyramids that anyone has looked for them in, then I suggest you search ATS for the info. It's here, but I would use google to search this site - it works better than the search option here.

Just put: Vyse site:abovetopsecret.com in the search box. Or, click here

Please note, Hieratic writing has also been seen inside the "shafts" in the Great Pyramid. This was first noted by a robotic device with a camera attached. It is indisputably Egyptian, and the shafts are such that nobody could have painted these marks on after the GP was erected, it could only have been done as the structure went up.

Harte
edit on 8/5/2012 by Harte because: Add the part about shafts

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I could add that the inscriptions from the Pyramid builders village

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
youtu.be...
dont know if this was posted, but im throwing it up anyway. they could have used more then just sound to cut large rock. i do not know how to embed videos.
edit on 7-8-2012 by tokinjedi because: bad link

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction.

Did you miss this video in the OP:

Single man, moves 10 ton block.

Using sticks and stones, no pulleys, no hoists.

Now, here is someone who can SHOW (i.e. prove) his method works. Is there any shred of a similar demonstration of someone lifting anything heavier than 1 ton using sound waves/vibration WITHOUT using electricity to power their contraptions?

Same goes for cutting/drilling. A demonstration would put the whole discussion to rest (perhaps this is NOT what is wanted here, after all).

As to why these simple technologies for moving huge blocks of stone were abandoned/forgotten, maybe 4 letters can provide an answer? COST! Not technology cost, they were cheap enough. Cost of what you would use them for. It is one thing to build monuments/city walls using huge blocks of stone and another to build, say, your house the same way. Not because it is impossible to do it, because you don't need to. Who owns that much land or who needs that much room in their own home actually?

Someone, early on, asked "why all these civilizations all built using huge blocks of stone?". I do have an outlandish theory for that, because stone is EVERYWHERE, because it is DURABLE and because it is manageable. Just because the average (probably illiterate enough) modern individual cannot wrap his/her head around on how to do it today doesn't mean humans never did - especially if their lives depended on it, in some way (don't let down the Gods/the King/the whatever can hurt you if displeased).

I am quite sick of comments like "oh, I believe it's much older than conventional archeology claims". OK, I'll bite; HOW MUCH OLDER? 10 times older? 100 times older? 1,000,000 times older? Be VERY generous, otherwise you won't get many stars around here!

Well??

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think that Gobekli Tepe had a lot to do with enforcing the theory that many of the megalithic structures were probably built long before recorded history. What is significantly different about Gobekli Tepe than any other megalithic ancient structure is that it wasn't discovered or disturbed by human beings until very recently. If something like this could be constructed at least 12,000 years ago (perhaps more if the bone remnants found were from a second or third generation society), then why not Puma Punku or the Great Pyramids. The "H" symbol in the T-blocks looks a lot similar to the site at Puma Punku. I personally find it a lot easier to believe that a somewhat advanced ancient civilization died out during and after the last ice age, than to believe a Native American tribe with no concept of mathematics or writing could have built Puma Punku only 1,500 years ago. It's not just about the size of the megaliths, but also the precision of coring small holes into the stone, and to such accuracy. Being a Civil Engineer I can't imagine how these blocks were fitted to together without plan drawings and advanced mathematics.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This still doesn't rule out aliens. By explaining how something worked you don't explain its origins. So until we know how they got this technology in the first place, both alien and human origins are an equal possibility. If you combine that with information regarding what these people themselves had to say, regarding beings from the sky and stuff, the idea that aliens transferred that technology down to humans seems more plausible than that we came up with it by ourselves..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Nothing can rule out aliens if one does not want to see them ruled out.

Writing exists in practically all "tribes" that have transcended the Stone Age (those that still live like in the Stone Age don't usually have a writing system), in a great variety of forms (alphabetic, syllabic, hieroglyphic and so on). Who gave it to us? And, more importantly, WHY? If we are capable of developing a system of writing to organize and preserve thoughts, traditions, religion and history why do we need aliens to move stone blocks for us? Because it is "trendy"? Because it makes us, briefly, the center of attention at parties or gatherings?

I do have two great problems with aliens, ancient or otherwise. While I cannot deny the possibility of alien life (in fact, it is highly possible that life exists in very many a places in this universe, intelligent life may be sparser but still one cannot deny that this possibility is also very high), I cannot see alien intelligence residing somewhere near us. (at times, it is hard to see intelligence on Earth also but that's another matter!)

-One, the vast distances would make repeat trips impossible during one's lifetime (while we may want to take what many fringe "scientists" say at face value, the laws of physics still apply), since those aliens are "described" as being more or less humanoid in form they would originate on a rocky planet with conditions similar to those on Earth, no? After all, it is "said" that they survived on Earth (how could they not, since they taught Earthlings all those goodies?). While rocky planets tend to be smaller and thus more difficult to see, with current technology we should be able to spot Earth size objects within 10-12 light years, provided they are close to a star. No such thing has been spotted so far so IF they do exist somewhere near they are "hiding" - if they do exist further away they must have different physics unless the laws of physics that we observe are a product of some obscure "establishment" despite the rigorous tests (General relativity, for one, has been subjected to thousands of tests in the past 96 years, all those test had "doctored" results?). To put it simply, if they live close enough for repeat visits, where is their base? If they live further away, how did they survive (or even attempt?) the journey?

-Two, and this one is bigger. Is the average human being so unbelievably STUPID as to not be able to understand certain basic facts about its surroundings? For example, that certain plants are edible, they produce fruit (or spores) that can be planted and wield better harvests? That the seasons on Earth follow a repetitive pattern? That if you manage to "roll" a large stone you can move it without having to LIFT it? That some substances are harder than others, or more "elastic" or more manageable according to one's needs? For example, granite rock is among the hardest stones around, in significant quantities. Nobody in the long history of mankind had observed that granite "chips" can cut other, softer, stones? You need aliens for that? Or that water travels freely from higher elevation towards lower ones? (the basic starting point of irrigation) So, each and every enlightened mind in the history of mankind was an alien? Aristotle, Plato, Archimedes, Eratosthenes, Aristarch, Copernicus, Da Vinci, Galileo, Newton (the list is VERY long) and countless others that preceded these and whose names will probably never be known (like the inventor(s) of the bow, for example, or the wheel).

In the end, the question is this one; why so little faith in mankind? Are we not capable of all those feats of engineering/endurance/ingenuity that adorn our lands and are aged in the millennia and we so desperately need aliens?? Just because something seems impossible, by today's reckoning, because the need for us to do it has faded so the "know how" is lost to us, doesn't mean it was always impossible.

I guess those who REALLY believe in ancient aliens actually HAVE to believe in ancient aliens (they probably judge the ancient man according to their own example), if only they declared their absolute faith beforehand so they are judged too harshly!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

It's funny how in your whole wall of text reply, you ignored my most basic argument. Ancient cultures wrote about beings from the heavens coming down and giving them knowledge and so on. Why would global cultures that supposedly never came in contact with each other build similar buildings and write similar stories? It's not about that they could write, it's about what they wrote. But yeah. It's easy to dismiss all of that as superstitious nonsense.

The whole "vast distances would make repeat trips impossible during one's lifetime" doesn't hold any water. Why? Because we are applying our current level of knowledge to be the most advanced one out there. As if we are the center of the universe. If you went back a 150 years and would tell people that you could communicate with people across the globe by touching a glass, plastic and metal box they would call you crazy, and that's where we are. Just because we are ignorant in bypassing the problem of large distances doesn't mean it will never be bypassed. We had a problem of flight at a time. We overcame it, not by cheating the laws of physics, but by using them to our advantage and working around them. Why couldn't the same thing be done for distances and the speed of light? We already have a thing called quantum entanglement. That's a start. For some reason you people have trouble looking outside the box. All you see is humanities achievements and limits, and that's all you can see. You can't think outside of that, and that's where you limit yourself to seeing what is actually going on.

As for the so-called bigger one... There are plenty of megalithic stones out there that could only be cut by diamond. Even the granite you mention has megalithic structures made of it. How do you explain that?? You're only picking evidence that suits your agenda, and then adding some sort of ridiculing tone to your post to try and make your argument, which is the typical closed-minded biased skeptic's method. You started out fine but it didn't take long for you to show your true colors. Even worse, when you're trying to act as if all known names were aliens. Please.. Stop putting words in other people's mouths. But I guess proof by stereotype is the best you've got.

In any case, I'll just leave this here for whoever is actually interested in some direct field investigations instead of reading nonsense stories from manipulated books. I suggest you check the whole channel because this guy has amazing stuff.

edit on 21-8-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join