It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
reply to post by Maegnas

It's funny how in your whole wall of text reply, you ignored my most basic argument. Ancient cultures wrote about beings from the heavens coming down and giving them knowledge and so on.

And you ignored my request that you cite some examples of this.

Merely stating a claim as if it were a fact adds no veracity to the claim and makes the claimant appear ignorant, as does criticizing another poster for doing exactly what the critic did - ignoring what was posted.

Harte

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I don't see any post from you requesting such a thing. The only one that replied to me was Maegnas. Before you accuse someone of something, check who you're talking to

And if you're referring to another thread, I don't check every thread regularly.
edit on 22-8-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Well, the writings of great beings coming down from heaven may also mean that the great beings lived on the mountains like tales of Zeus do. Heaven was up. I read a lot of these old writings trying to figure out how people perceived things and try to extract knowledge as possibly interpreted by the people of the time. Nothing here screams Aliens to me but there may be an advanced society or race of people. They may have had different shaped heads and/or longer necks also. I see all sorts of pictures of people who look so different around the world and many people have different looks from different hereditary features. I can't find any accepted evidence to show that something is up and all I find is neglect of researching anything controversial. I know science bucks are hard to come by but to not test something is wrong also.

Well, I may be replying to the wrong person also

edit on 22-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That is also perfectly reasonable. Might be a lost human civilization or whatever, and well, then it's very easy to get to Atlantis and so on. I simply dislike the fact that people jump to the idea that it can not be aliens. We have to keep our minds open. Technically that is the same as saying it must have been aliens. I was obviously talking in terms of plausibility and possibility. But people immediately judge me as some sort of hardcore alien lover or whatever.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Sorry, similar claim made by another poster:

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Nightwalk
According to the ancients themselves, "everything we know has been handed to us by the Gods". All ancient civilizations share the same belief. If they invented those technologies themselves, why would they credit those to someone else?

I understand your claim, but disagree with it.

Cite some of these ancients stating that this or that technology came from the gods.

For example, in the Mahabharata, the Hindus credit the "clever Greeks" with the invention of the vimana.

Harte

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, the writings of great beings coming down from heaven may also mean that the great beings lived on the mountains like tales of Zeus do. Heaven was up.

This is correct.

The Sumerian's "heaven" was a mountaintop, originally, as well.

Harte

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.,

Well, it's one possibility and that's all. There are other theories and trends of thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

what do you mean chiseling rocks with vibrations. Let me propose a challenge pertaining to placement of cut stones.

The rules for answering are as follows:

1.All methods of cutting any stone are accepted as possible without debate.

2.Transportation of stones to site within 5 feet of placement is unnecessary to explain.

Now all we need to do is place every stone in it final resting place.
???s

A. does every stone cut fit perfectly on the first placement attempt. If yes, lets perform an experiment. Use bars of soap and any cutting tool you desire to create 4 soap blocks. you have to cut all six sides of each piece. Put 2 soap pieces on the first layer so one surface perfectly butts up to another block. then place the other two pieces on top of those perfectly. what you should have is 2 sides of each block perfectly touching 2 different blocks. remember you only get to cut and shape once. then look at your result. are the seams flawless. can you stick a piece of paper in the gaps like the claims of credit cards not fitting in the megalithic structures of the world.

B If not how many time does it take you to reshape the blocks and test their perfection.

C. did you ever achieve the precision and quality of our wonders of the world.

after this simple challenge you will realize it doesn't matter what tech was used for cutting and transporting these materials. It how many times does a piece need to be refined to achieve their quality.

The lesson i'm so unimpressively describing is how can we overlook the challenges within a few feet of placement while offering many solutions to to quarrying and transportation from large distances. Youtube proof of your soap blocks if you are sucessful

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I forgot. You can only use hand tools until someone posts a success. TThn we can theorize and test mechanical tools like saws

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
There is evidence of an internal shaft used in the construction of the pyramid of Khufu.
As to the blueprints and vision of the total site as a whole, the origin is still a mystery..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

hmmm....ok..but ......

....isn't that skull @ 4:08-11 mark at least twice the size of a human one vs it's frame.. ?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

This is an interesting and worth while theory for test on a large scale. Now we just need an engineer to team up with a vibration acoustic scientific expert and to build a prototype tunning fork drill to cut a large piece of granite stone into a perfect rectangle block. If that happens im then totally convinced, for now its a worthy theory for putting to a test.

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join