It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X/Nibiru Visible from Antartica? (VIDEO)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Actually this is pure BS. I have seen the moon appear bigger in the sky than this, several times. We are still here, nonetheless. And no catacysmic events. Those are assumptions not based on reality.

The "object" in that video subtends an angle of at least thirty degrees. When have you seen the Moon cover thirty degrees of the sky? Name dates and provide other witnesses, please.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by NeoVain

Actually this is pure BS. I have seen the moon appear bigger in the sky than this, several times. We are still here, nonetheless. And no catacysmic events. Those are assumptions not based on reality.

The "object" in that video subtends an angle of at least thirty degrees. When have you seen the Moon cover thirty degrees of the sky? Name dates and provide other witnesses, please.

cumbriansky.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Do you honestly not understand that photo was taken with a telephoto lens? At its largest, the Moon is never much more than half a degree wide, as your own source attests:

cumbriansky.files.wordpress.com...

There are 60 arc-minutes in a degree. You'll have to try again.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by MrWendal

You'll be sorry of your skepticism when it arrives over your house on Sunday morning and thousands of little aliens jump up out of the big crater and demand breakfast

I am sorry, are you suggesting that Nibiru is a planet that will fly by earth causing chaos and destruction, AND it is full of Aliens hiding inside the crater who will jump out as it passes by?

Let me ask you this....

If the Earth and it's inhabitants are destroyed by this fly by, exactly where will the Aliens land and who are they going to ask for breakfast?

You can't be serious. Aliens playing peekaboo and you really have to wonder why I would be skeptical of your claims?
edit on 17-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

You don't appear to be taking this seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nibiru is a giant space ship and will hover over your house - You better start getting the waffles ready

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What if there was a tear in time/space that allowed you to see a glimpse of another dimension or parallel world.
Would it be possible to see another planet without it having any effects on the Earth?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychotic

What if there was a tear in time/space that allowed you to see a glimpse of another dimension or parallel world.
Would it be possible to see another planet without it having any effects on the Earth?

The "tear" itself would affect everything in its vicinity; time a gravity would be off. A hoax is the most consistent explanation.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WatcherMan

It was shown previously and now again - It's a HOAX

It is the moon of Saturn called DIONE

Take a look :

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Most can only be viewed from Antartica.You are on the net bud so check it out.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I was not even referring to that part of the article. Notice the pic of the huge moon?

cumbriansky.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if microsoft are putting flouride on the keyboards....
Just came back from doing my weekly shopping and this thread is still going strong???
Jeez...
edit on 18-3-2012 by SilentE because: typo!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I was not even referring to that part of the article. Notice the pic of the huge moon?

What part of "it was taken with a telephoto lens" did you not understand? Your own source clearly indicates that the Moon is never much more than half a degree wide. I can state for a fact that your claim is false.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I'm starting to wonder if microsoft are putting flouride on the keyboards....
Just came back from doing my weekly shopping and this thread is still going strong???
Jeez...
edit on 18-3-2012 by SilentE because: typo!!!!

Yes still this thread is going strong so why be part of the problem rather than the solution IE don't post
But the fluoride thing was well worth the laugh - I think some realize the fluoride on the keyboard problem and wear thick gloves plus type with their eyes shut so as to not be victim of subliminal messages.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So no ones been able to debunk the video as a hoax yet then i see...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
So no ones been able to debunk the video as a hoax yet then i see...

No seems were all doomed - best cancel my vacation

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A bit of common sense (and / or a few minutes staring at a globe) would be enough to tell you that if an astronomical object is visible from Antarctica, it would be visible from Chile (where some of the world's largest optical observatories are located), Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand. It would also be visible from the decks of any cruise vessels or commercial ships sailing in southern waters. With all those potential sources, isn't it odd that only one person managed to capture this rather spectacular video?

I'm stunned and disappointed to see just how far some people will go to prove how 'open minded' they are. In this thread, I've seen people actually suggest that rewriting the laws of physics, or coming up with an entirely new mechanic to explain the cycle of the tides makes more sense than coming to the conclusion that an internet video is a fake. It's even more exasperating in the case of "Nibiru" given the history of that particular idea...if memory serves, Nibiru was supposed to make a close approach to Earth, causing seven shades of mayhem, societal collapse, and spiritual carnage in 2003...and 2006...and 2008...and 2010...and 2011. Isn't it time we invoked the "baseball rule" on the prophets of Nibiru? You know the one...three strikes and you're out.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree with other posters, its fake!
And I thought Nibiru is a red planet?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

I think some one came up with the idea that it is a Red Dwarf Star - then their Mom sent them to school

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

Depends what day of the week it is!
eventually nibiru will get as close as it can and then pictures of an oncoming fleet of invaders will be geting posted.
edit on 18-3-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Pretty realistic looking though.

True, but so was terminator II

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i was going to add another vague and pompous comment about how this is silly and we should not pay attention to this while also insinuating i know much more scientifically than i really understand but then i got a life. then i wrote this. who was it in common sense that said move-on unless your truly care? 5 pages of whining..5 pages of unintended attention. this is how this stuff moves forward people, these subjects carry the aspect of what i call super saiyan as in you may troll it and troll it but then.. IT GETS A POWER LEVEL OF NINE-THOUSAND!?!?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join