It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

First of all, I love your avatar. I'm a huge fan of DBZ.

Also, if the man in that video was truly worth his salt, he would know that there is no other option but a divine intelligence. Ever heard of the Golden Ratio? Half of nature, which many assume to be random, actually contains this ratio.

Math is the language of logic. How can something random be logical, unless it was designed?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Is thinking too hard for you?

I don't know. I never thought about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No Christian that I know has ever said with sincerity that "The devil made me do it" or "My sinful nature made me do it!"

A big part of being a Christian is repentance, which means taking responsibility for our actions, regretting them, and doing our best not to make the same mistake again. I don't blame anyone but myself for my mistakes.

That being said, there are plenty of people willing to place the blame on ANYBODY else, whether they are religious or not. How many people get put on trial only to say "my childhood upbringing made me this way, I'm not responsible for my actions" or "I was temporarily insane and didn't have control over myself."

The Bible, however, teaches us that we are to have great self-control because it also tells us that nobody is responsible for our choices and actions but ourselves. Other things/people may TEMPT us, but they do not determine our choices. That's on our heads.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Mykahel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by omvishnu
[color=Magenta]I have been in the presence of Lucifer. He has a brilliant purple aura with the voice of infinite anger and fear.reply to post by Starchild23

When I was fourteen years old I was visited by Lucifer. I perceived his presence with my spiritual eyes though my eyes were open and I was completely awake and aware. He was sitting on his throne that was made up of an uncountable number of people all worshiping at his feet. When he spoke all the people at his feet spoke with him. It was as if they were all one voice. Lucifer's voice rained supreme. His first words were for me to worship him. He claimed he was GOD. I knew instantly who he was and refused. I began to pray. I was so afraid. While I prayed the voice kept taunting me. If I loved God I would allow them to kill me. I of course agreed that death would be welcomed compared to worshiping at his feet. No sooner after I accepted my fate I could feel them spitting and insulting me saying God would never allow them to kill me. I kept praying then all of a sudden I was filled with this white all encompassing energy/light and they were gone. This is only one experience I have had with Lucifer or his minions. I am sure I am not the only person with these experiences. I agree with most of what you wrote. We all have the flesh to contend with as well as Lucifer who is very real!

Yeah, the throne...

Someone else didn't find that weird that most people in music industry this year talk a lot about the gold throne or just the throne?

Just some theories...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I originally saw "Palin is not a real being" I don't know why I thought it said that at first

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I thought Logical was the language of Logic

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I know what you are saying you when you say Satan "the supernatural being" does not exist on the astral or physical plane ( as we understand it ) but resides in the hearts of men as well as god. This is called Dualism en.wikipedia.org...

Dualism (from the Latin word duo meaning "two") denotes a state of two parts. The term 'dualism' was originally coined to denote co-eternal binary opposition, a meaning that is preserved in metaphysical and philosophical duality discourse but has been diluted in general or common usages. Dualism can refer to moral dualism, (e.g. the conflict between good and evil), mind-body or mind-matter dualism (e.g. Cartesian Dualism) or physical dualism (e.g. the Chinese Yin and Yang).

And that is the Ying and the Yang of it

Also would it be possible for some other form of being to pose as a god or a devil? The reason i say this I have encountered inhuman entities, the evil kind.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Satan Is Not A Real Being,
This statement is correct but perhaps not in the way you think. The word 'Satan' is a descriptive word not a person. Let's look at Strong's Concordance for the meaning of the word Satan.

Satan; a primitive root; to attack, (figuratively) accuse:--(be an) adversary, resist.
Source.
So anyone can be a satan but no one person or being is Satan.

First, we have Lucifer threatening to rise above God, so he gets cast down. Then we see him tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden.
First, Lucifer in this context is referring to the bringer of light, which many believe to be the planet Venus. Again this is not referring to an induvidial but a planet or the bringer of light.

heylel; from 'halal' (1984) (in the sense of brightness); the morning-star:--lucifer.
Strong's

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Isaiah Capter 14 Verse 12

In Latin, from which the English word is derived, Lucifer (as a noun) means "light-bearer" (from the words lucem ferre). It was the name given to the Morning Star, i.e. the planet Venus when seen at dawn.
Wiki;

As for Lucifer being in the Garden of Eden, look again.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Strong's- Genesis chapeter 3
Underlined text added by me.
A serpent was in the Garden of Eden not Lucifer nor satan. I'm a stickler for words especially when the source of these words come from the very book we are deriving this information from.

How does Strong's concordance define snake in this context?

nachash; from 'nachash' ; a snake (from its hiss):--serpent.
Strong's

Clearly the bible defines these words to have different meanings from each other and none of them are defined in the manner you are using them as. You can believe in the devil if you wish or go to the source and learn the etymology of the word and then you may begin to understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

I know what you are saying you when you say Satan "the supernatural being" does nor exist on the astral or physical plane but resides in the hearts of men as well as god. This is called Dualism en.wikipedia.org...

Dualism (from the Latin word duo meaning "two") denotes a state of two parts. The term 'dualism' was originally coined to denote co-eternal binary opposition, a meaning that is preserved in metaphysical and philosophical duality discourse but has been diluted in general or common usages. Dualism can refer to moral dualism, (e.g. the conflict between good and evil), mind-body or mind-matter dualism (e.g. Cartesian Dualism) or physical dualism (e.g. the Chinese Yin and Yang).

And that is the Ying and the Yang of it

Also would it be possible for some other form of being to pose as a god or a devil?
edit on 18-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

God resides in the heart and the Devil in the mind...

Faith and facts...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Good comment Sinny.. after years of indulgence in attending various churches of my family, and thousands of hours of study and research, and I also include searching deep inside myself, I agree.

To date I would put the score as Believers 0 and All others 0...

In saying this, as always the burden of proof lies with the believers.

To date, I have seen no tangible proof presented and I can only assume the entities exist solely in the mind of believers.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I cant help to think that this is satan.

Thats why I love family guy.
Sorry for being a bit childish on this topic but we have to.
Its all for the fun of it

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Lucifer IS Satan. They just changed his name when he was cast down.
This is incorrect. You should actually read that book you are referring to. Look for the sources of these words, don't simply assume.

I think Satan came into being when following Lucifer the "Light Bearer" was demonized. Satan = Adversary...enlightenment.
See, even you agree that they are two different words with their own meanings.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Satan is absolutely real, as much as I would like to entertain the thought that Satan exists only as a enemy within ourselves, It couldnt be further from reality.

We can infact look at the Word to show us that it is an external force or actually spirit, in opposition to the truth.

In other words you are looking for the truth in yourself and your understanding.

Job 1:7

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Luke 10:17

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

I find that last part to be most interesting, especially to those claim so much time to understanding God but have no faith in finding the truth. To sit in the house of God and claim yourself to have found nothing. You will never find what is hidden from you because of this,

Romans 1:25
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen

Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God
edit on 18-3-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by truthinfact

the majority of the story of Jesus of Nazareth was written in the Gospel of Luke (gospel of luke was written about 100-200 years after Jesus supposedly lived)

No it wasn't. The four canonical Gospels were written before the second century; in other words, before AD 100. The latest Gospel is John, written between 90–95. That means that Luke was written before that.

Sources please. Excuse me for not accepting your word as "gospel" but those numbers you're tossing out there seem a bit early.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why would God even allow Satan to exist? I mean hes the creator of everything... Couldn't he simply blink Satan out of existence? People really think God is sitting there having a little girly dramafest with Satan? I think god is way beyond playing stupid games like we Humans do.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ruderalis1

Its because free will is the only way existance is definitive otherwise there would be spirtual argument forever. The battle would go on contiunally. Because God accepts nothing but righteousness a firmament is created, where it can be displayed without argument, in other words God is showing irefutablility of what is known because he created something in which you can try to reason with yourself over but ultimately demonstrates your inability to come to the fullness of what is acceptable, even in your sight, we experience the condemnation through ourselves. Why do you think that we are judged by our works.

It is like this,

Nahum 1:6
Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Just like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego they were able to stand in the furnace without a hair being burnt because the goodness of God kept them from being accused under their own condemnation.

We stand in the presence of God in the crucible.

edit on 18-3-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well of course not. Only nitwits that believe in the Tooth Fairy think there is a magic being named Satan.

Always amusing to me that believers in Satan look at you like you are crazy if you tell them that Zeus is real.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by visitedbythem

Each country has one appointed over it.

do you think, that has something to do with language or tongue ?

There are over 6000 languages on this planet, or so Ive been told. Im refering to major world powers. The one appointed over Russia (Maygog) is named Gog. They war amongst themselves as well. At Armegeddon,it appears Gog is drawn out and forced to fight against his will.They cant be killed, but the flesh can.
Our statue of Liberty is actually a statue of Zeus (Lucifer). The alter of Lucifer in in Berlin. It was one of Hitlers favorite places. It was brought there from Pergamon. Mr Obama visited it when He was there, then came back home and had a copy of it made for him to make his acceptance speech on. It is enormous. I have pictures of the original, and Baracks copy. Now what was his purpose? Who does he serve?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Interesting angle

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Sorry, but a book written by men does not prove Satan exists.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join