It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Have evolutionists knowingly engaged in many, notorious frauds. Yes, or no.

I will ask you to admit that your theory can be contradicted, or I may start posting examples.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Satan is belief and God is faith.
Satan is when humans believe their minds and not their eyes and ears.

Don't you have that backwards?

I thought that your eyes would melt, your ears would burst, and your brain would explode if you were to ever actually see your god, or hear his true voice.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I thought that your eyes would melt, your ears would burst, and your brain would explode if you were to ever actually see your god, or hear his true voice.

No. You can hear him speak and live. If you see him, you will die.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

What do you mean by: "...and live"?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You won't die if you hear him speak.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaTurtle

Respectfully Seaturtle, from a legal standpoint, I would contest your statement, i.e. “Have evolutionists knowingly engaged in many, notorious frauds, yes or no?”

Given the answer to this is ‘no’, then the theory cannot be legally contradicted.

According to a law dictionary chosen randomly in an internet search: legal-dictionary... the word fraud must refer to a “material fact”, e.g. “To be fraudulent, a false statement must relate to a material fact”

As I have never read or seen where the bible is considered legal proof or anything, then it would be impossible for you to prove “material fact”, thus there is no fraud, and no contradiction.

Again respectfully and legally speaking…

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I really like the connection that you made. I think these days too many people read the bible literally instead of spiritually as it was meant to be.

It's never made sense to me why a god who is all-seeing and all-powerful would put people right next to a tree with fruit they're not supposed to eat?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You will never see God or hear God. God is seeing and hearing, God is knowing and ever present.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What about there not being life on other planets. It just happened , magic or we all evolved from germs? All of my life I was am an artist, I draw. If you see the insides of a human body of how it's made and try to draw this or a human eyeball alone and everything it can do. We're all here and all these things just sorta happened. I can't even begin to perceive or comprehend the " creator" . I talked with my parents about this site always the chicken or the egg what came first , well we can't know ever I mean. Probably.

I don't know what I was talking about on my first post. Crazy movies of flying beings who have or had strong powers. I thought their was subliminal messages all over the place, especially with the #9 . I don't know I grew up without the church and have never read the bible or the Koran or the old testament . I read the religious fight with the aetheists almost every day here though.

Satan or lucifer was one of gods creations and flawed by his own unbridled freedom and dark desires. If I was trying to make a connection or something. I used to think about dying every day when I was real young and first of all it would be nothing like the stereotype image , the afterlife. You would lose your body and I think it would be radically different then what we think about. And what about the rainforests mountains the whole planet. Today I watched about 100 ants freaking out fast on top of an anthill while these things with wings came by and wrested with the ants if they got too close then flew away before consumed. What about evolution , we just left them behind. I was as huge as Galactus compared to them if anybody knows who that is. A giant.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

At the age of 18 I had one of the most terrifying encounters that was witnessed by my roommate and best friend at the time.

You can call him Satan, Lucifer, fallen, Legion or anything that appeals to you. You can call 'it' Martha for all I care, but the reality is that their are forces that you are truly not aware of. How lucky you are! Or are you?

These forces are beyond ancient and have powerfully influenced mankind from the beginning of the fall. So, let me get on with it to give you a glimpse of the horror that is truly within our existence and the war we are fighting here in this realm, our earth. The prize you ask........................your soul.

Both my room mate and I were at home when suddenly there was what sounded like an explosion crashing through our roof. Only nothing was changed, except there was a large presence in my room. I laid frozen as I gazed on this demonic creature. He was approximately 10 feet tall, menacing horns thrusting upward, eyes red and half human and animal features mixed in. When he spoke, the house shook. He pointed his long black fingernail towards me as he spoke the words I will never forget. 25 years later they are burned inside me.

My roommate fell to the floor frozen in terror and pissed himself. I lay there frozen calling out to my Lord. And this high demonic dark lord said "..........the second you move from Him, I will be there to steal your soul. I need only a moment that you transgress away from Him and you will be mine. Should you doubt Him for but a moment, I will have you forever. My eyes will never leave you for that second is all I need".

I cried out in prayer for aid..........lucifer screamed and everything in my house was turned upside down with what sounded like a whirlwind blast. He fled in a ploom of smoke but I could still hear his screams of fury. He was furious with me.

If you think these forces don't exist, it is purely because you have never experienced it. Why would you, your not a threat to him or his forces. Your doing exactly what he wants so he doesn't have cause to make himself known to you. In fact you are aiding him without even knowing it.

It is only when you are a force for truth and the Way that you are a great threat to him. Once you are, he and his legion of dark principalities know it and they will be on you quicker than you can blink. You are dead wrong if you think these forces aren't real.

Shortly thereafter my roommate moved out because the terror he experienced was inexplicable and too much for him.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by Egyptia because: more info

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I find myself agreeing.

I like this video:
All of us in here sound very vindictive and/or judgmental.

Life is hard, so I think that's what's causing it.

I think of people and things in terms of conditions and mathematics.

Very naturalist. Cause and effect.

I don't believe in evil or good.

I believe we can be neurotic and psychotic, though.

We'll never have perfect knowledge. That's why we'll never know perfect peace.

I mentioned in my other post I used to be a fundamentalist christian. I felt moments in prayer when there was a profound peace of mind. But there was always a compulsion to seek forgiveness.

Nowadays, the closest I come to peace of mind are things like this:
Astronomy to me is ... magical. I think because it's unknown but.. we can see it at night.

The galaxies and stars are like beacons calling to us. We're so small and feeble.

I am here talking in this thread because things cross my mind about life and reality and history and the future and so on. Unanswered questions. Just another person in a long line of persons.

I don't demand answers. Countless people before me never had their own answered. Why should I? Many of them deserved answers far greater than I. I know that I'll die still persisting in wondering...

But these few precious moments we have alive are our only chance. This is it!

Life flashes by quick. We come closer and closer to the end every day. What're we going to learn?
edit on 19-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Revelation 12:9 (KJV)

9) "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Revelation 12:12-13 (KJV)

12) "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

13) "And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child."
edit on 20-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't doubt there's Egyptian murals depicting flying saucers, that's why I believe that Satan and spaceships are both "spiritual"
As per Strong's definition of satan I might agree with you that Satan is spiritual in a way. It's more of an emotion that takes one over causing them to do things they normally would never do. You can become a satan, or allow Satan take over your body, simply by being an adversary to another. Falsely accusing someone seems to get you a title of devil.

As for someone that does believe in the Bible,
I would like to tease you a bit here to make a point, so bear with me.

Who doesn't believe in the bible? I have one right here in front of me. You say you "believe" in the bible, what does that mean? Much of what I have read from the bible I do not fully understand and I could never imagine saying that I belive in the written word of this much ambiguous and often misinterpreted and misrepresented collection of books.

Revelation 12:9 (KJV)

9) "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
I find this reply very interesting and therefore I much appreciate you taking the time to post it. I looked up that bible quote in Strong's and read the definitions there.

I like looking up the different definitions of the words being used like Devil;

diaboloV diabolos dee-ab'-ol-os from diaballw - diaballo; a traducer; specially, Satan:--false accuser, devil, slanderer.
Source

Also on the left of that former page you can click parallel on the verse tab to see different translations. I'll give this further thought but I would like to ask a question. Could these names being used be descriptive words rather than physical, or spiritual, beings? Perhaps a person can become a devil through slander, deception or falsely accusing someone.

I would like to add further that in my opinion the book of Revelations is a testement of a celestial event. It is a literal description of a terrible event that takes place in the sky, our solar system, and on Earth. Terrible day for those witnessing it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I don't believe these names are descriptions because there are too many verses where the words "he" or "his" are used, just as in Revelation 12:9.

If Satan or Lucifer were to describe human attributes such as an ego, I doubt that the above verse would have said, "and HIS angels were cast out with HIM".

Here are some of the other verses I posted earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by FlyersFan

Lets say I believe you (not that your lying) does that mean we are really Gods minions while he lords it over us, giving us a sh*tty life on Earth, and then I have the underworld to look forward to??

At the least that hot devil will be waiting for us

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Hope / Faith is all you got.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,

----

I do not exactly have an inexpressible Joy , but i do have peace and patients , my faith is grounded and it will not be broken. I have more of a "longing" to know God on a personal level and for my faith to grow.

If God is not there then i lose nothing. If he is , and if i do not believe ... i lose everything.
edit on 18-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

The "inexpressible and glorious joy" is probably the bliss that happens when a person temporary loses his/her ego and push thru all fear and are ready to surrender all that he/she is for the realese. What happens is that your brain gets rewired in it's reward system and you are no longer able to be really sad. At the same time or close to it god starts his personal teaching of you since you finnaly able to hear him in your own way.

This is a video of it. Both Jesus and Buddha seem to have gone thru it and they are not the only ones.
vimeo.com... .God is really pushing for the same answer from all sources now (all religons and science) and revealing all if you are able to follow the signs (synchronicity). Don't worry. You don't have to be completly right in faith to wake up. Just work/watch over your ego as I am hunting mine. Become devine.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Your deduction is accurate. This is not the place to elaborate on how I personally arrived to the same conclusion but what is clear is that we all know that we -humans- can do bad things (i.e. insulting, killing, etc.), no mystery there, but what I know -which is more likely to fall under the realms of mystery- is that we are capable of creating of a wide variety of -evil- manifestations, from simple tiptology, passing through Ouija and reaching extremes as poltergeist, "demoniac possession" and even devil's apparitions (with voice and everything).

But more productive than a long logical and lucubrated dissertation on what is the devil or even what is God, I firmly know that we have to ask ourselves: what I am responsible of creating, darkness of light? and then act towards our own decision, no mater what!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If Satan or Lucifer were to describe human attributes such as an ego, I doubt that the above verse would have said, "and HIS angels were cast out with HIM".
I agree that it does seem as though these were characters all their own. The problem is in the evidence that I have presented that shows that these are indeed descriptive words. Perhaps it is like saying, "Don't be a Homer Simpson", making that a descriptive word that is associated to an actual character but the evidence shows that these are at least descriptive words. I remain skeptical as to whether these were actual characters or not, I will leave that call up to someone who knows more about these things than I do.

The Ego can be a powerful thing and so it is reasonable to point fingers at this being the source of our problems. The Satans and Devils that make us do bad things are acted out through the Ego. This would not make them any less dangerous but it does mean that we are responsible for our actions not Satan, the Devil nor our Ego. We all could create a "scapegoat" to affix our blame to but what has that got us in the past?

Oh, and remember...Lucifer is the Morning Star, the bringer of light and knowledge that is referred to as the planet Venus.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by icepack
could you describe this more ?

A friend of mine is a nun. She was with an order in Alabama. I had seen her a few times and thought she was unhappy there. I was driving in my car thinking about her and thinking that maybe I should say something to her ...suggest that she move to another order or something. Then .... WHAM .... I heard 'NO'. Not with my ears, but in my very soul. It wasn't a voice either .. it was thunder that rippled and crossed the entire length of the sky but at the same time was in my soul. And I didn't hear it with my ears ... I heard it in my soul. I can't explain it any more than that. I actually ducked because it was so big and so powerful and it felt like the entire sky was rippling. It wasn't an angry 'no'. But it was BIG .. HUGE ... and it felt very male. God isn't male or female because he's spirit (I'm using the pronoun 'he' because it's easier), but this felt very male and authoritative. I instantly recognized the 'voice'. I've never heard it before that I can remember ... but I recognized it like I've known it forever.

God is real. He knows even our thoughts.

ok sure sure your "god" is real and satan is blah blah blah. Your close minds should awaken to what's going on. God would never make me fear him. I know their will always be fear for him because he is "God" but when your saying you heard him and whatnot, you remind me of this crazy pagan minister or whatever the hell he called himself (i really dont care, your "god" will not strike me down...) saying that he has Sovereignty over 10 other nations and this Nation will never prevail because Obama is holding "his" money and since Obama is not giving him "his" money that "God" has given him, hes not blessing this country and giving himself Sovereignty over it. He used to always say blah blah blah "God" is real, i seen him, i know hes real. He wouldn't shutup.

I believe God is each and every single one of us, and The God is the Universe and its Entirety.
edit on 21-3-2012 by sailorsaturn92 because: Added

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Even more crazy. REALLY crazy nonsense. Satan is When Humans believe what they hear instead of experiencing it or seeing it. You both are False.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join