It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Maybe its just because you dont understand what they were writing about.

Proverbs 1:22
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
edit on 18-3-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Our statue of Liberty is actually a statue of Zeus (Lucifer). The alter of Lucifer in in Berlin. It was one of Hitlers favorite places. It was brought there from Pergamon. Mr Obama visited it when He was there, then came back home and had a copy of it made for him to make his acceptance speech on. It is enormous. I have pictures of the original, and Baracks copy. Now what was his purpose? Who does he serve?
reply to post by visitedbythem

Yes - little things like that can be soooo telling. Hitlers aims was to replace mankind with a race of 'Overmen' or supermen along the lines of Nietche and along the way to eradicate the jews - he was even visited by these beings in the middle of the night and was scared of them.

Then again Islam seeks to 'eradicate the jews' and have every person locked into the mental straightjacket of Islam.

This is all about SATAN cutting the human race off from source - and preventing the arrival of a 'Messiah' to come from the Jewish line ie YHWH.

Nowadays we have Transumanism and scores of similar movements - trying to alter the fundamental DNA structure of humankind......................Tom Horn covers all of this in Apollyon Rising - a must read!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Starchild23

Then that is rebellion to the Lord your God. You have rebelled against him with those words. If you do not wish to take part in your God then there is a place for those who do not want to be with God.

God doesnt send you there , your rebellion against him , your sin sends you there. He gave you a way out ... you can accept him or deny him.

-----

You send yourself there. Such as when breaking the law. You send your self to prison for knowingly breaking the law .... if you havent willingly broken the law , you wouldnt be there. You did it to yourself.

However , God gave you a way out no matter your sin. Even hitler could have been forgiven if he accepted Jesus. There is no sin the blood of Christ has not forgiven except the denial of the holy spirit (salvation).
edit on 18-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Yes to turn away from god(the devine) is bad. But god do not eual to Christianety. If you belive that then you are caught up in ego (from my point of view) and that is probably why you do not have a personal relationship where god teches you quickly but let you learn slowly. The holy spirit can enter anyone that do not have ego and is willing to give up every possesion and life for what is right. But Christians are very scared of things that are unknown to them and do not want it gods way but their own human ideas. God do not follow your plan. He uses it for his own plans. People all over the world recive the holy spirit whatever their belifs is. Hell is to be disconnected from the holy spirit and heaven is being one with it. Egos and being humbe is the key as told in all religons. The road you take to god do not matter only that you get to him.

Above are my ideas but if they do not fit or make you think the discard them because I do not know your path to enlightment. Only your unconcious can find the way. I wish you a fast and harmonious awakening.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"A fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare to his soul."

Or I like this one: "A fool has said in his heart, "there is no God.""

Yeah, all this, the universe, good & evil, life; all coincidence, right?

Yea, RIGHT.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I agree with you completely and have an interesting point that goes beyond what you're saying - just to consider. I don't know what to think as I just recently heard this concept from Josephine McCarthy who wrote an Exorcism handbook. She was giving an interview and mentioned this. I hope I have the details right.

She was discussing exorcisms and that the demons are usually earth spirits that have a job to do with the land but get stuck inside a human body or a piece of property. She finds out what their job is and where they are supposed to be and assists them to go to the right place to do their job. Nothing is really "evil" - just misplaced usually. It's an oddly reassuring way to look at the world. No fear is good.....

Most of the religious constructs fall short on demons because the demons or spirits have been here longer than mankind. She said the church made them into demons because they didn't want the average Joe having a connection to that kind of power. It can be powerful, but if you don't understand the nature of the demon/energy, it can kill you too! She mentioned that the church is quick to divide things into "good" and "evil" but that life is rarely all or nothing like that. She mentioned some ways to test to see if it's really a demon or if it's mental illness. It's often mental illness.

She went on to say that the energies do work through the constructs mankind created because they work due to the power we give them with our focus and belief. Lilith is a wind spirit and Set (or Satan) is a desert spirit whose job is to cull humanity when there are too many of us
www.occultofpersonality.net...

I think of Satan as an interdimensional being (Ed Dames the remote viewer said that's what he saw when he remote viewed Satan). I would like to think like Josephine but have usually guessed that Satan is a reptilian or gray alien of some kind. I'm not religious at all - so no Christian ideas here. . . It's all cultural study of others' beliefs for me when it comes to Satan. Regular demons and spirits are real, but I haven't encountered Satan personally, so I have no clue (and no desire to find out!)

edit on 18/3/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"I sent my soul through the invisible
Some letter of that afterlife to spell;
And by and by my soul returned to me
And answered, "I myself am Heav'n and Hell."

Omar Khayyam

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Let me beat you to the punch. Some will call me a hater, overwhelm, and flag me down the memory hole.

I am not referring to operational, directly-observable science, being practiced in the objective world, but the pivotal *theories all had their basis in pagan religious systems of salvation by works.

In my experience, antichristian discussion is never a circular argument, which rests on it's own laurels, as though it is neutral and self evident.

It is the beginning of a progressive process, which universally leads to sympathy for the devil.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Lucifer isn't really separate from us, nor is Satan.

Before all of you jump down my throat, let me explain. I'm going to take four examples from modern Christianity, and explain the metaphors. Satan and Lucifer are, to me, interchangeable ,so the names will change...but I'll be talking about the same entity regardless.

edit on CSaturdayam515102f02America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

"Lucifer" has many meanings including "The Morning Star" and "The Light Bearer" and Satan translates to "Enemy" if I recall.

With that said Lucifer can technically be God, Satan, or the Holy Spirit -- Any being that reveals knowledge could hypothetically be regarded as Lucifer. Biblically speaking, the bible suggests someone we refer to as Lucifer revealed a great deal of knowledge to mankind which caused the fall of man. Likewise anyone opposed to whichever God you happen to worship could be regared as Satan.

Now, I see that you are thinking metaphorically but trying to discern between Lucifer and Satan is like trying to figure out which God is the only true God. There is Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, Adonai, Baal, and perhaps others. All words that either refer to one being or various seperate beings. If we can't determine which God is which how can we possibly know who Lucifer or Satan is? And if there was only one God then certainly God can not be a jeolous God as the bible mentions - for if there were not other Gods then who is there to be jeoulous of? There are a great number of powerful beings hidden from our view and apparently a war is raging between them for dominance. I don't think they are metaphors I think they are real and it is the reason for the current state of things in this world.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi ALL,

What if EVERYTHING in existence was made out of the metal "LEAD"?

As in cast and painted "Lead Soldiers".

What if ALL planets and ALL men, women and children, animals, buildings and the landscape were ALL cast out of "lead".

Water was molten "lead". Air was lead "fumes".

The paint is even "lead" paint! Ha, ha, ha! LOL!

What if there was even an ALL pervading "lead" spirit! Made out of etherial "lead"!

What does ALL this fantasy existence have in common... YOU guessed it! EVERYTHING is LEAD!

From etherial "spiritual lead" to solid "physical lead" - ALL is LEAD!

When the planets, people, animals, buildings and trees made of lead rot away, then their "individual" etherial spirits, join the "spirits" of all other lead castings that rotted away before them, but the lead castings were only vessels for the
"lead spirits" to live in the physical world.

A few of the lead people could feel the "powerful etherial force moving within the their solid cast bodies!".

They knew it was real because it was an INFINITE and GLORIOUS powerful FEELING! They sensed the "etherial lead spirits" within "EVERYTHING"!

Other lead people said "Ha, ha! You are all FOOLS! Can't you idiots see that we are just solid lead and we get lead rot and crumble away and die and we just cease to exist?

The idiots knew that ON THE DAY - that ALL lead figures crumble away and die is when they enter TIMELESSNESS and become IMMORTAL ETHERIAL LEAD SPIRITS who keep their "earned spiritual individuality" yet BECOME "ONE" and join the "ONE" LEAD "GOD" SPIRIT IN THE SKY! The "ONE" LEAD GOD who has lived ETERNALLY!

"ALL" existence is made out of the body of the "ONE" LEAD GOD - "LEAD" in ALL of its various densities!

On all lead planets there live "GOOD" lead people, and their opposite "EVIL" lead people.

In the lead spirit realm there exists an "INFINITE GOOD HEAVENLY BLISS" area and an opposite "INFINITE BAD HELLISH TERROR" area.

A few highly advanced lead figures on the planet KNOW that their LEAD GOD is NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD BUT IS A "MIXTURE OF BOTH"!

"ALL" is "good lead spirit" plus "bad lead spirit" but it is still all LEAD!

Those highly advanced lead figures can sense both powers of "infinite good bliss" and "infinite evil terror". and today blend those TWO powers within their heads into a "ONE" NEW POWER!

THE "ONE" LEAD GOD IS "BOTH" GOOD AND BAD - IT IS INFINITELY MORE POWERFUL - BEYOND THE INDIVIDUAL POWERS OF "GOOD" AND "BAD".

"ALL" is the "ONE" Lead God!

WHAT IF... YOUR WORLD WAS MADE OF A SUBSTANCE ANALOGOUS TO LEAD?

edit on 18-3-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here are a few questions I'm trying to answer:

Could "Satan" be a product of a theological misinterpretation?

If the Old Testament shifts from polytheism to monotheism^1 isn't it at all possible that the authors of the Gospels, specifically Paul made statements like 2 Corinthians 4:4 based on flawed sources?

1. See the LXX Dueteronomy for the best example. Three separate authors. 1 recognizing other gods, and the others calling them idols.This is probably the most simplistic paper on the subject for beginners..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Paul knew who he was talking about. He knew and interacted with Him personally.
"For I know Whom I have believed, and I am persuaded, that He is able, to keep that which Ive commited unto Him, against that day". He was certain unto death of his flesh, ready to give it up at any time as instructed.
In answer to Your question, I would say no. Paul knew what He was doing, and knew Who He served. He was confident in His choice. I think Paul made the correct choice.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Originally posted by The X

I love atheists, I'm not a christian at heart im something else..........
I'm not an atheist. I don't believe in categorization.

If you want to judge others, you should judge them individually. There are many flaws behind the presumptuous attitude of judging others based on a specific category, that you decide they belong in.

I know god exists in some indefinible way,
No you don't. You think you know, but you do not know.

One thing that I can absolutely guarantee as a fact, is that there is a possibility that I am wrong. On the other hand, a majority of those who do believe in the invisible magic man, are incapable of admitting that there is a possibility that their god has never existed. Are you capable?

The easiest thing is to "Deny Ignorance", The difficult thing is ascertaining just how ignorant you are, and just what it is you are denying.
Only an ignorant mind could believe that 'denying ignorance' is an easy task.

[color=808080]Defy categorization
Fight mediocrity
Love yourself
Embrace individualism
Accept nothing

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Satan is belief and God is faith.
Satan is when humans believe their minds and not their eyes and ears.
God is here and now as presence and Satan is the past or future thoughts.
The serpent promises false knowledge.
God is life.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by visitedbythem

I have pictures of the original, and Baracks copy.

could you post them here or make a thread ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

I thought I was pretty clear. Man, as a 'thinking' beast, cannot make sense of our reality. As the apex predator we have a large sense of entitlement. As entitled creatures who think we are very special, and death is too scary to contemplate, so we create the 'afterlife' and we inhabit it with 'spirits' and 'God'(s), mostly all made in our image, and mostly having human characteristics (hard to imagine a God-like being who has nothing in common with nature or ourselves, isn't it? Go ahead... try to create in your imagination a God-like being who is beyond humankind; who looks and appears and acts and thinks like nothing that can be found here on Earth. Good luck. Our imagination is indeed limited, which is why our Gods are usually animal/nature/Manlike beings.).

I guess what you were saying wasn't clear to me due to your limited imagination. LOL!

As for me, I imagine God as a brilliant light that's capable of transforming into anything "He" chooses.

Also, directed towards someone elses question: why on earth would anyone wonder why we have leaders? We are social animals who invest everything in our lives towards social value. We will always have leaders, whether they be the guy leading everyone in laughs at the party, all the way to the world/nation leaders. It is absolute normal, natural behavior for any group of humans to always have a leader. We even created the ultimate leader: God, and no surprise he is a MAN, and has a mans ego. What do we call him? The FATHER. And he owns everything, of course!

Religions attempt to take the 'nature' out of us. It tries to make us special, entitled, seperate from the natural world. But it doesn't work and it has never worked. We are what we are. Religions only confuses us a species that much more, they blind us from the reality of what we are and our place in the world around us.

Of course, Satan isn't a real being. He's a boogyman meant to scare children and sheep into joining the church. Compassionate, loving beings don't throw children in fire, give evil telepathically-gifted created reign over us, they don't demand we grovel before them like lowly serfs, they don't wipe out millions of people and send them to hell because their first soul experiment failed. Religion is completely about fear and control. Satan is religion's scapegoat, nothing more, nothing less.

So, you think man created the image of God, that we're not special in the "natural" world, and therefore, nature created us. So, tell me again how that happened? How did nature create not only a "thinking" man but an emotional one too?

If "nature" created everything, than it would have created a perfect order for everything on the earth. We know that everything outside of humans exists on the earth to sustain itself and everything on the earth. With that being the case, why do humans exist at all? We aren't here to be food for other creatures and our bodies aren't buried directly into the ground in order to feed the earth to keep it sustainable. In fact, we have the knowledge to blow this earth up many times over. Wouldn't that contradict nature's perfect order?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Interesting conclusion OP, but you don't have a real legitimate scriptural argument.

I think I just figured out why.

Starchild doesn't know the Bible well enough to use it as part of his/her argument.

Starchild claims that Jesus died thousands of years ago. He/she must not have read the part where Jesus rose from the dead three days later and came back to His apostles and a few others to prove it before ascending to Heaven.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Interesting conclusion OP, but you don't have a real legitimate scriptural argument.

I think I just figured out why.

Starchild doesn't know the Bible well enough to use it as part of his/her argument.

Starchild claims that Jesus died thousands of years ago. He/she must not have read the part where Jesus rose from the dead three days later and came back to His apostles and a few others to prove it before ascending to Heaven.

Oh, I understand. You didn't read the part of the biology book explaining evolution, nor the scientific, validated articles describing Egyptian murals featuring flying saucers.

Show me Satan's body and I'll show you my spaceship.

The reason I don't use lines from the Bible is because I don't give a # about it. I listen to stories told by other people...you know, the paraphrased stuff? Yeah. Half the time, people use quotes that aren't even in the Bible.

If I'm wrong with the examples of Lucifer/Satan I used, please point it out. I'd be grateful.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Emotion is energy, and everything is made from energy.

We don't know nearly enough to create a detailed map, but evidence clearly states it is there.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Oh, I understand. You didn't read the part of the biology book explaining evolution, nor the scientific, validated articles describing Egyptian murals featuring flying saucers.

Show me Satan's body and I'll show you my spaceship.

I'm familiar with biology's explanation of evolution, it just isn't complete in it's explanation. (As shown above by my post regarding "nature".)

I don't doubt there's Egyptian murals depicting flying saucers, that's why I believe that Satan and spaceships are both "spiritual" (yet capable of transforming themselves) and no one's been capable of producing a body or a spaceship.

The reason I don't use lines from the Bible is because I don't give a # about it. I listen to stories told by other people...you know, the paraphrased stuff? Yeah. Half the time, people use quotes that aren't even in the Bible.

If I'm wrong with the examples of Lucifer/Satan I used, please point it out. I'd be grateful.

That's fine, but I was just explaining to someone else why you weren't using scripture to back up your argument. Now we know why. Thank you.

As for someone that does believe in the Bible, I've already posted scripture as argument for your theories on Lucifer/Satan. Do I have further proof? No. Like you, I can only read or hear what others have to say in this matter as proof, but I think there's plenty of argument against your theory in other ATS threads. Just take a little trip through the UFO/Alien forums regarding alien abductions to find them.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The spontaneous appearance of matter, and it's progression to intelligent life, via so many missing links, are the flying spaghetti monsters of evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join