It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I can fully understand the reason that secular liberal humanist types see only psychological causes for all the 'god/satan' delusions that people throughout history have been concerned with.

However - I am afraid you are simply wrong, and are entirely misunderstanding, mispercieving the whole issue.

Personal experience of the reality of spiritual phenomina is probably the only thing that will change your mind - and that tends only to happen when you are 'open' to experience the phenomina - until then you are trapped inside a self imposed mental bubble.

As for the 'god' of the OT, YHWH he was only ever an imposter - an Archon as described by the Gnostics - Satan aka Iblis/Lucifer/Allah etc are just renagade Archons having a policy dispute over the fate of humankind.

In one sense these are indeed not 'real' beings - they were created in error by the fall of Sophia - a divine imprint on primordial interstellar matter, but without a connection to source. Which is why they have been intruding into our realm ever since YHWH seeks to return through us - Satan wants to cut us off from source and live through us.

This is the final battle between 'good and evil' shortly to be enjoined by the human race as a whole.

Christos - is part of the reconciliation effort and the male counterpart of Sophia (Gaia)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

God may have proven "himself" to you, but your experience has little effect on someone (like me) who has not had any experience with a higher power. Regardless of what experiences someone else may have, unless something happens to me, I will remain an Atheist.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by acamus

Perhaps you should look at this thread. Human Entropy

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Your thoughts are not bad ones (meaning they have some merit and are not unreasonable) nor are they uncommon (though I would argue they are still incorrect). However, there are too many other references to Satan in the Bible that cannot be explained if he is not a real entity but only a concept (the sinful nature/desires of the flesh). Your thoughts on the issue have a lot of similarities with gnosticism.

Now, if the authority of Scripture is thrown out the window than you can claim Satan to be whatever you want, but again I would argue that you would be in error to do such.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Mykahel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I borrow from many religions, because no religion is entirely right or wrong. However, I am of no religion in particular. In fact, I do not believe in selecting a particular religion. As long as you follow a path of love and respect (and have a little veneration for the divinity of nature and whatever created it), you're golden.

The Scriptures (and the whole Bible in general) are little more than a book on philosophy, similar to Plato and Aristotle and Socrates. But seeing as how it's kept the human race alive all these years, I can hardly complain. Religion is the reason we have survived for so long...even if it has to lie in order to protect us from extinction.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by acamus

Yeah,but he only prove himself to you when you start to believe in him...

Easy to say, I know...

If you really search for proof, you can be suprised.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max2484
reply to post by acamus

Yeah,but he only prove himself to you when you start to believe in him...

Easy to say, I know...

If you really search for proof, you can be suprised.

There is a difference between proof and reading into things. Just as there is a difference between actual events and suggestibility.

If I wanted to see a purple elephant badly enough, I would start seeing them out of the corner of my eye until I was convinced that not only was I surrounded by them, but that they were plotting my immediate demise.

The same goes for acts of God. If you want to believe badly enough, you could watch a dog pooping and say, "God gave that to me." You then spend the rest of the day wondering what God was trying to tell you...when it was simply coincidence (albeit unfortunate).

Belief changes the perception in ways that can turn the most hellish scenario into glory. It's all a matter of changing how you look at the world. It isn't the Christian "God" changing you...it's you changing yourself, and embracing the divine within you. No, not Jesus...YOU.

edit on CSundaypm434318f18America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I tend to think of 'open' as 'believing so hard that you begin seeing the Virgin Mary in your oatmeal and Elvis Presley is your mailman.'

Each man must be careful of how hard he believes in things...or hopes for them. Many live in delusional states because they want something or believe it so deeply that it becomes a visual reality for them. They have convinced themselves it is true, regardless of whether it is or not.

So when you say we must be 'open', do you mean merely accepting, or actively convincing ourselves that our entire lives have no meaning compared to the testimony of a book?

I want to point out that I believe the whole religious front to be beneficial...to a degree. It keeps us from going extincts. However, I am a keen fan of the word 'moderation'. It means that even as you focus on spirituality, so as to keep the race from dying out, you should also learn the truth, so that you don't lose touch with reality and the world you live in.
edit on CSundaypm494925f25America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think the belief in a Satan and a God are both figments of the bronze age human imagination. Perhaps deriving solely from the human lack of understanding, at the time, of what happens after we die. Just as many things were not understood at that time. Take the question "where did we come from?" , it has now been scientifically explained and we have a solid understating based on fact but our bronze age ancestors didn't have these facts at hand. It seems to be a human trait that we make things up when we have no understanding. Throughout the bible everything is explained away as magic. Everything ranging from why daytime and night time exist to why snakes don't have legs ( a particularly funny story, where we are lead to believe that snakes once had similar brains to human beings and vocal chords and were thus were able to speak and concoct evil plans ). Most importantly, the bible attempts to exert considerable force on our behavior by threatening us with eternal torture in "hell". "Be good and you will go to heaven, be bad and you will go to hell" .. surely followed by "This is how to be good, this is how to be bad". It is a dictation of how the bronze age elites wanted us to behave. The character of "God" throughout the bible was bound to bring up the question "Well, God is good so who is bad?" and thus we have Satan introduced, some time later, to explain away bad behavior and who we meet after we die if we don't stick to the rules. Since then "Satan" has been greatly exaggerated and developed into a full on character with his own personality, back story and ongoing goals. Superman Vs Lex Luthor, God Vs Satan. All fictional characters, but only one pair of them plays dangerously with human minds and holds back our scientific progress as a species.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

[That is biggest flaw of our current society. People such as yourself are cowardly, and cannot accept responsibility for your own actions.

You point at your finger at invisible Superheroes and Villains, instead of actually looking at the true source of the problem.

Well said.

There are no devils, no angels, no gods. There's only imperfect human animals looking to justify our imperfections by pinning them on outside otherwordly forces. If anyone has seen or heard from god and or satan it simply means they've gone off their medication again.

edit on 3/18/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

your argument makes sense but can you pliz at least provide evidence 4 your claims. its one thing to be good with words and another to actually state facts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I love atheists, I'm not a christian at heart im something else, I know god exists in some indefinible way, Atheists remind me how easy it is to be blind to the reflection of yourself and the projection of the universal mind into your soul.
The easiest thing is to "Deny Ignorance", The difficult thing is ascertaining just how ignorant you are, and just what it is you are denying.
In many cases it is scientific minds believing they are being "Scientific", when the truth is, they have put no effort whatsoever into the science of the soul, it's easy to deny ignorance....HAR HAR HAR.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I do things to draw judgement out of people but I really want them to be free to know truth to know true freedom and depend on their true source --not what they were taught and that is.... to mimic.

Simple demo of what satan really is and i do play the roll well. Its a tool to bring you back to God and discard your delusional egos that are selfish -self centered driven by 100 forms of fear delusion self seeking self pitty..especially when they don't think so..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Alright. I'll start by saying Lucifer is nothing more than "desires of the flesh." Desires of the flesh threatened to take over the higher consciousness (God) so it was cast down. Desires of the flesh tempted Eve, and so she was corrupt. Thus, Adam and Eve were directed away from the garden.
Lucifer was never a physical being, but a concept. A trait. Our trait.
Every one of our flaws comes from the desires of our flesh...otherwise known as Satan. Not a demon. Just us.

Sooo, you're saying the bible is a compilation of fantasies that aren't real? Okay, I'll buy that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
One word

Fail

Satan is real and he wants your soul to separate you from Jesus Christ

Your Avatar speaks truth that cannot be seen---
You actually pass Ya wanna A+ or a Kindergarten smiley face?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
I know god exists in some indefinible way, Atheists remind me how easy it is to be blind to the reflection of yourself and the projection of the universal mind into your soul.
The easiest thing is to "Deny Ignorance", The difficult thing is ascertaining just how ignorant you are, and just what it is you are denying.
In many cases it is scientific minds believing they are being "Scientific", when the truth is, they have put no effort whatsoever into the science of the soul, it's easy to deny ignorance....HAR HAR HAR.

Forget you ever heard of god and religion. Some drunken slob walks up to you on the street and says, "Hey, hey, buddy! Did you know there's an ALLLL-powerful, ALLLLL-knowing, inVISible being, who created the WHOLE universe, and who lives in another dimension called heavennnn?"

What would you say? I'd tell him he's gotta get off the booze.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Miyuki

Your thoughts are similar to this: Secret Design of Religion

It talks about the three steps to modern religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Lucifer isn't really separate from us, nor is Satan.

Before all of you jump down my throat, let me explain. I'm going to take four examples from modern Christianity, and explain the metaphors. Satan and Lucifer are, to me, interchangeable ,so the names will change...but I'll be talking about the same entity regardless.

First, we have Lucifer threatening to rise above God, so he gets cast down. Then we see him tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. Also, we have Jesus battling him for 40 days out in the middle of nowhere. And we are told that Lucifer has power over this realm.

Alright. I'll start by saying Lucifer is nothing more than "desires of the flesh." Desires of the flesh threatened to take over the higher consciousness (God) so it was cast down. Desires of the flesh tempted Eve, and so she was corrupt. Thus, Adam and Eve were directed away from the garden.

Jesus (as difficult as it may be to accept this) struggled with the desires of his flesh for 40 days before he finally mastered them. Perhaps he was conquering personal demons, perhaps it was something else. But his flesh battled him those 40 days...hence, the appearance of "Satan".

Lucifer has power over this world? Desires of the flesh. Every single person alive lives, works and dies for the desires of the flesh. It is all we know now.

Lucifer was never a physical being, but a concept. A trait. Our trait.

Every one of our flaws comes from the desires of our flesh...otherwise known as Satan. Not a demon. Just us.

Namaste

edit on CSaturdayam515102f02America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Nice metaphor and very correct on many levels, but Lucifer and the Devil were real corporal beings. They came from the sky where God lived and were cast down to Earth. They were aliens who disagreed with the ruling alien (God). My God is the Universe and all it's wonder including you and me. My Universe is intelligent because we're apart of it. My God is not an ancient alien.
edit on 18-3-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Compare this with your title and try and make sense of it for me please ?

I'll be talking about the same entity regardless

edit on 18-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Is thinking too hard for you?

Obviously, I'm still going to call it an entity, fictional or not.

Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I love atheists, I'm not a christian at heart im something else, I know god exists in some indefinible way, Atheists remind me how easy it is to be blind to the reflection of yourself and the projection of the universal mind into your soul.

Agreed!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join