It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Lucifer isn't really separate from us, nor is Satan.

Before all of you jump down my throat, let me explain. I'm going to take four examples from modern Christianity, and explain the metaphors. Satan and Lucifer are, to me, interchangeable ,so the names will change...but I'll be talking about the same entity regardless.

First, we have Lucifer threatening to rise above God, so he gets cast down. Then we see him tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. Also, we have Jesus battling him for 40 days out in the middle of nowhere. And we are told that Lucifer has power over this realm.

Alright. I'll start by saying Lucifer is nothing more than "desires of the flesh." Desires of the flesh threatened to take over the higher consciousness (God) so it was cast down. Desires of the flesh tempted Eve, and so she was corrupt. Thus, Adam and Eve were directed away from the garden.

Jesus (as difficult as it may be to accept this) struggled with the desires of his flesh for 40 days before he finally mastered them. Perhaps he was conquering personal demons, perhaps it was something else. But his flesh battled him those 40 days...hence, the appearance of "Satan".

Lucifer has power over this world? Desires of the flesh. Every single person alive lives, works and dies for the desires of the flesh. It is all we know now.

Lucifer was never a physical being, but a concept. A trait. Our trait.

Every one of our flaws comes from the desires of our flesh...otherwise known as Satan. Not a demon. Just us.

Namaste

edit on CSaturdayam515102f02America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank you!!

I've been trying to tell everyone this!!

Satan does not exist. Period.

Neither does "God". Just to clarify.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You shouldn't go around saying stuff like that... what if there are kids here...

Ok course Santa is real...

He brings toys to good kids, and beats bad kids with bags of coal...

More on topic, I think you are leaning toward the more orthodox jewish approach to this thought.
I am not jewish, but I am sure someone could explain further.

I understand your reasoning, but to make that jump you don't provide enough data, obviously, you probably have alot of information you have gained over your own lifetime that you have used to make a reaoning in this manner, but none the less it is important to provide more information to the readers to back up your thesis.

-Something else I had to add, perhaps you should consider the Book of Enoch, that would counter your thoughts.
There are many threads on that subject, and I will leave you to it.
edit on 17-3-2012 by KingAtlas because: Added

edit on 17-3-2012 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

the majority of the story of Jesus of Nazareth was written in the Gospel of Luke (gospel of luke was written about 100-200 years after Jesus supposedly lived)

Gospel of Lucifer. or Gospel of Luke?

All I will say is I believe in Genesis.
its a pretty metaphor
edit on 3/17/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
interesting thread. you know, when it is said, someone is driven, this being driven , is by what or who ? could this drive be the non-human part of humans or is it the drive and the physical body only ?

edit on 17-3-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Satan does not exist. Period.

Yes he does. Period. Not as a 'he' ... but as a spirit entity. I've been in the presence of evil spirits a handful of times. There is no missing them when they show up. Absolute evil and hate - standing next to you and you not being able to see them with your eyes - the hate directed towards you. When it happens, you can't miss it. Evil spirits are real. Satan is real.

Neither does "God". Just to clarify

So does 'God'. Just to clarify. I know for sure because of a close encounter I had with God one day. No, it wasn't a 'praise the lord' church service where I whooped myself into a frenzy. It actually came out of nowhere and was totally unexpected. God is real. I am 100% sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It actually came out of nowhere and was totally unexpected.

could you describe this more ?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

So Satan is the presence of pure Evil.....right....and is God a presence or a being??

Tell me more about these spirits

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
could you describe this more ?

A friend of mine is a nun. She was with an order in Alabama. I had seen her a few times and thought she was unhappy there. I was driving in my car thinking about her and thinking that maybe I should say something to her ...suggest that she move to another order or something. Then .... WHAM .... I heard 'NO'. Not with my ears, but in my very soul. It wasn't a voice either .. it was thunder that rippled and crossed the entire length of the sky but at the same time was in my soul. And I didn't hear it with my ears ... I heard it in my soul. I can't explain it any more than that. I actually ducked because it was so big and so powerful and it felt like the entire sky was rippling. It wasn't an angry 'no'. But it was BIG .. HUGE ... and it felt very male. God isn't male or female because he's spirit (I'm using the pronoun 'he' because it's easier), but this felt very male and authoritative. I instantly recognized the 'voice'. I've never heard it before that I can remember ... but I recognized it like I've known it forever.

God is real. He knows even our thoughts.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
So Satan is the presence of pure Evil.....right....and is God a presence or a being??
Tell me more about these spirits

In both cases .. the half dozen times I felt the evil entities and the one time I felt God ... there were personalities behind them and they were actively engaging with me. So they weren't just a presence ... they were thinking and feeling ...they were actual beings ...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Lets say I believe you (not that your lying) does that mean we are really Gods minions while he lords it over us, giving us a sh*tty life on Earth, and then I have the underworld to look forward to??

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Lying? jeeeze. No. I'm not lying. I said He's real. I didn't say He's a nice guy.
My ATS thread - Is God a Dead Beat Dad?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Really?

Matthew 25:41

41) “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

It sounds to me like there's clearly a leader here. Who is the devil and who are the angels in this case?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So much is lost in translation over the years. Here's from Wikipedia:

Use of the name "Lucifer" for the Devil stems from applying to the Devil what Isaiah 14:3–20 says of a king of Babylon whom it calls Helel (הֵילֵל, Shining One), a Hebrew word that refers to the Day Star or Morning Star (the Latin term[2] for which is lucifer)[3] This association developed in Early Christianity, in the 2nd or 3rd century.

In 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the Devil. In Revelation 22:16, Jesus himself is called the Morning Star but not "Lucifer", even in Latin (Vulgata (stella splendida matutina).

In Classical Latin, Lucifer was used as a translation of Greek Phosphoros (lit. "light-bearer"), a term for the morning star. It is first found in Varro and Cicero

In the New Testament the "adversary" has many names, but "Lucifer" is not among them. He is called "Satan"

Not to mention the connections between Lucifer and the planet Venus:
ATS-Thread

Now lets look at Satan:

The original Hebrew term, satan, is a noun from a verb meaning primarily to, “obstruct, oppose,” as it is found in Numbers 22:22, 1 Samuel 29:4, Psalms 109:6.[4] Ha-Satan is traditionally translated as “the accuser,” or “the adversary.”

The original name for the "adversary" comes from the Egyptian god "Set" over 5000 years ago who rules the night. This is where we get the term "sun-set". "Set" could be seen as a derivative of "Satan". LINK

The "accuser" or "adversary" is a term applied to a person's own negative thoughts and actions personified in a metaphysical being. Native Americans refer to this being as "Coyote the Trickster" who in fact isn't a physical being but more of an abstract personification of one's own negative and destructive thought process.

There's also an esoteric/astrological meaning behind the name Satan and why it sounds so similar to the planet Saturn:

Almost every astrologer wants to know where Saturn is in the chart because here we are sure to gain insight into some of the major obstacles and challenges of life. Saturn, or Satan (as it is sometimes called), is the prince of time and of the material world. We don't break nature's laws, they break us. The laws of Saturn are much feared, for it is here that we are bound to learn. The laws of Saturn are often seen as standing between us and an easy life. But Saturn also provides the walls that make homes possible. Gravity is an example -- the law that holds things in place. We come across the influence of Saturn every time we break nature's law. We are subjected and tested by these laws until such time as we learn to use them.

So, yes I agree. There is no physical or spiritual being called Satan, he doesn't exist outside of one's own mind. The only physical representation we have to Satan is the planet Saturn.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the dragon teacher.
quetzalcoal
kukulkan
there is a youtube video somewhere of soft fossils.
there are lizard beings half there.
were they halved?
disclose.tv/kenny
I have one half of someone there.
satan has been half loosened.
the mass die offs ring a bell.
windows has a snipping tool.
windows also has paint.
I myself have no brain.
I am the Lamb, and the goat, and the bear.
I am being slaughtered, devourment.
I am an orrery.
no one cares.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Really good post, and sound to the point that it is almost confounding. It is very likely that one of his many names is a synonym for desires of the flesh, but the devils greatest deception will be in leading us to believe that he does not exist at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

In other words: [color=42F2FF]Lucifer is your scapegoat.

What you could do, is man up and take responsibility for your own actions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

you are clueless, what non-human beings are capable of doing to humans.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by morningeagle

That's not what it sounds like here, based on what you say...

Job 1:6-12

6) Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

7) And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9)Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10) Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11) But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12) And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Originally posted by icepack

you are clueless, what non-human beings are capable of doing to humans.
Point the finger at god. Point the finger at beelzebub. Point the finger at BrokenCircles. Seems that the finger is always pointing away from the actual problem.

That is biggest flaw of our current society. People such as yourself are cowardly, and cannot accept responsibility for your own actions.

You point at your finger at invisible Superheroes and Villains, instead of actually looking at the true source of the problem.

[color=E489FF]"Well, he really is good people, but the devil made him do it, so let's just all hug and forgive."

This World would be a much better place to live, if so many people did not believe in fantastical fairy tales.

edit on 3/17/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join