It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Is Not A Real Being

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

A little over the top but point, hopefully, well taken. There is no reason to argue with these types of people. Their minds are already made up and you can't convince them otherwise. They are here to fan the flames and will continue to patronize bordering on condescending. Let this thread die...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Your opinion is not biased i guess? That is the point of families. They teach you what they know ...? Families are the make up of civilization.

I cant really take your opinion , if that is what it is , seriously because its more of an insult than an opinion , it's aimed at degenerating a belief and Christians.

God doesnt follow your rules if you havent noticed , you follow his? Its that simple. If you dont like it then best of luck to you , cross your fingers and hope for the best.

No , i lose absolutely nothing upon death if there is nothing after death because you are forgotten , all your bad and good. Nothing you do will matter in any way shape or form.

---

I am sorry that you have a just and loving God.
edit on 18-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I believe you'll get more light upon this subject if you go back another 3K years and read the Sumerian texts. You will then find exactly what you're looking for.

God, Satan and Jesus did exist, they just weren't exactly what the Christians would have you think they were.

T

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So much ignorance for a "deny ignorance" site.

Satan is real? Satan is a real spirit and exists?

What's happened to you all?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You say this matter of factly. Guess I should listen to you and believe there is no God. While I'm at it I will just rip out my brain and hand it to you so you can control its thoughts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I've felt God speak to me as well; granted, I was messed up bad at the time, but as soon as I heard Him there was no doubt whatsoever. Faith is one thing, knowledge is another; having both brings you much closer to Him.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Guess we'll go off of what you say and ignore all those claiming to have seen him, or been dropped into hell in NDE, or all the physical descriptions of him, or the people worshipping him.

To believe that satan is the desires of the flesh is a pretty big jump. Where did you get that information from? You did not even provide scriptural evidence. satan is the one that tempts us towards desires of the flesh. We already have the desire, we just need the temptation.

Million dollars sitting on a counter. My desire is to have it. No one is looking. I decide its wrong and I should not take it. But something on my shoulder or in the back of my head tells me to go ahead, take it, I can get more desires with that kind of money. I was tempted to take what I desired.

Instead, since I am saved, I have another voice in my head or in my gut or in my heart that tells me its not worth it, you didn't have it yesterday you were just fine without it, and you'll be fine without it tomorrow. A warm rush of great feelings overcomes my body by turning away from the temptation.

Course this is all in my opinion, with no evidence to back it up. But since the thread started off with opinion, I'll keep that rolling.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You do not exist! O.K., prove it?
actually I understand your point of view and there is some truth to what you say. I think there is a description of Lucifer in the bible though, so I do not think they are speaking metaphorically
about this fallen angel?
You should check out the book of Enoch which was conveniently left out of the Bible,
very interesting description of these "watchers."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

that is correct. satan was an outside job.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Compare this with your title and try and make sense of it for me please ?

I'll be talking about the same entity regardless

edit on 18-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Interesting conclusion OP, but you don't have a real legitimate scriptural argument.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well personally I think desires of the flesh are completely 100% natural. Eating, sleeping, and sex are part of the reality that we know, that we are. People think of desires of the flesh as not spiritual, something to overcome, something that pulls us down, when in reality, what they are is our very simple physicality. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and this physical experience is valid. It has meaning - it IS spiritual, just as spiritual as not being physical is. Rejecting it, "overcoming it", trying to "rise above it" simply negates what our soul intended: to have a physical experience. Love, meaning, oneness and beauty are all available in this physical experience, are all available in the 'desires of the flesh'. The ideas of judgment, of good and bad, etc. are in our heads and nowhere else.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You missed Hades and Zeus... : ) my favorite versions...(probably not applicable to this thread, I apologize before being flamed)...

But come on these were cool Gods at least the way they are portrait on the big screen...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Come on I am MUSLIM and I don't agree with all the Santa bashing, its a once a year holiday "Christmas", the kids eyes light up and smile when they hear the stories or watch the many Santa Claus shows...it is pure and does not hurt anyone...then kids get older and learn the truth in a harmless way...

I love Christmas and Santa, the Easter Bunny etc...BUT I CANNOT Stand Presidents day, well at least not until Oblamalot of Cleptomanyialot gets removed from office, then I will happily go back to enjoying the extra day off...wait I am in the military I don't get days off..."se la merd" or something French like that...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Balkan

No , i lose absolutely nothing upon death if there is nothing after death because you are forgotten , all your bad and good. Nothing you do will matter in any way shape or form.

Life as merely an investment in an afterlife? What disregard for yourself and life this doctrine shows. Sounds like something Satan would be proud of. Is life so boring that you have to live it for another one—one that you are unsure will happen?

Believing that God created life, then spitting on his work by living it as some selfish investment, is mind-boggling. Being fearful of something there is no evidence for is just as mind-boggling. What a waste of a chance at living.

I hope other people have the spine to not sell their soul just in case.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Totally agree with you on this one.

You can actually pray and feel opression and pain on the neck or shoulders...Or just feeling so great like "God is with me..."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

Guess we'll go off of what you say and ignore all those claiming to have seen him, or been dropped into hell in NDE, or all the physical descriptions of him, or the people worshipping him.

To believe that satan is the desires of the flesh is a pretty big jump. Where did you get that information from? You did not even provide scriptural evidence. satan is the one that tempts us towards desires of the flesh. We already have the desire, we just need the temptation.

Million dollars sitting on a counter. My desire is to have it. No one is looking. I decide its wrong and I should not take it. But something on my shoulder or in the back of my head tells me to go ahead, take it, I can get more desires with that kind of money. I was tempted to take what I desired.

Instead, since I am saved, I have another voice in my head or in my gut or in my heart that tells me its not worth it, you didn't have it yesterday you were just fine without it, and you'll be fine without it tomorrow. A warm rush of great feelings overcomes my body by turning away from the temptation.

Course this is all in my opinion, with no evidence to back it up. But since the thread started off with opinion, I'll keep that rolling.

Without desires of the flesh, there is no temptation. You cannot be tempted if the desire is not there. Lucifer has never been physically documented, in the flesh or otherwise. We have legends of demons that have been passed down, rewritten and warped over generations. That's all we have.

Since you are saved? Do you really think that belief in a dead person, knowing their name, can do anything to your soul? You could do the exact same thing without having ever heard the name Jesus Christ. You choose to restrict spiritual salvation to that one mode. Why confine it? Why restrict it? Simply accept that you have flaws, and accept responsibility for them. Accept the need to amend your flaws, and then fix them.

Morals have nothing to do with your god, otherwise everyone would have them. There are people who argue over the finer points of morality; why would they be so confused if morals were universally defined? THe great rush is pride in doing something right...not because you avoid punishment, but because it was the right thing to do. Don't read into it, don't assume there's more to it than there really is.

My question to you: why do you need to know Jesus's name to be a good person? Why do you rely on him for your morals? Why can't you simply be good for the sake of being good, instead of for a man who has been dead thousands of years?

If we behaved for the sake of that behavior, instead of for the sake of a dead man in a book, we might actually progress instead of deferring to the Bible every time a choice needs to be made. Sometimes, I think the Bible was written specifically to curb any chances of people making a mistake. In other words, attempting to train mankind to be perfect. But how does an imperfect race know the idea of perfect? How does it perfect itself, using imperfect methods?

Sometimes, we need to make bad choices. That's how we learn.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
right there are seven angles and seven demons and at any one time you can pick which of the 14 you would like to be.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

source please.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Devil resides in the instinctual urge.

God lives in the intellect.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join