It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is nothing to argue about. The Mormons are widely known as being a cult throughout Christian circles. Joesph Smith was not a prophet, he was a liar and a false teacher.

Galatians 1:8 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Mormons do not believe in the same things Christians believe in.

Lets take a look out their own literature:

God used to be a man on another planet, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 321; Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, vol. 5, p. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333).

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s..." (D&C 130:22).

God the Father had a Father, (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476; Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 19; Milton Hunter, First Council of the Seventy, Gospel through the Ages, p. 104-105).

God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus, (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, 1857, p. 218; vol. 8, p. 115).

After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345-347, 354.)

There are many gods, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163).

There is a mother god, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443).

The true gospel was lost from the earth. Mormonism is its restoration, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 182-185.)

Unless Joseph Smith and the other Mormons that wrote these abominations repented, they are in Hell right now for spreading a false gospel and bearing false witness.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im not going to argue about this with either of you...

That's good for you, you've already lost the debate and don't realize it. Mormons teach that Jesus is the "spirit brother" of lucifer.

That is NOT Christian doctrine. lol

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hardly lol...

Christian means follower of christ... They follow Christ, they just have different beliefs about him...

And i've never once heard that they believe Lucifer is a spirit brother of Jesus.... Also keep in mind like Christians there are varous different sects of their religion.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Hardly lol...

Christian means follower of christ... They follow Christ, they just have different beliefs about him...

And i've never once heard that they believe Lucifer is a spirit brother of Jesus.... Also keep in mind like Christians there are varous different sects of their religion.

That is called idolatry. As they are not following Jesus Christ of the Bible, because that is not what the Bible says.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I appreciate that my friend, but i've noticed many issues with their beliefs... and as you should know by now abouut me... I don't take other peoples "opinions" on anything... this is why i don't read work from critics of any relgion. I read the scripture myself...

Regardless of their issues, i would not even consider calling them "not christian"... they are very christian... i've found their stick to Jesus words even more then many christians do.

Okay man. They teach that men become gods and get their own planet to populate with "spirit babies". That there is NOT one God, that there are trillions of Gods, that YHWH is just the God of Earth. But sure, I suppose they can be "Christians" if they say so, we'll just ignore basically every teaching they have that's different than Christians.

I suppose the only qualifying mark of being a "Christian" is to just say, "Hey, I'm a Christian! Oh yeah, and I believe in a guy from history called Jesus."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hardly lol...

SOMEONE is wrong then. If they are not following the historical Jesus they are following an idol, an antichrist.

They spend a great deal of money to keep that little nugget a secret.

In sharp contrast to Mormon Christology, the biblical witness is clear and convincing: Jesus Christ is the eternal Creator God (John 1; Colossians 1; Hebrews 1; Revelation 1). Paul explicitly teaches that Jesus is the creator of all, including the angelic realm to which Satan belongs (Colossians 1:15–16; cf. John 1:3). Jesus is thus Satan’s creator, not his spirit brother.

Here.

Did you watch the two videos? Dr. Carlson is arguably the best expert in the world on cults and world religions.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I am not going to argue with you as I can see you clearly are a Christian. But I would like to address a few of your opinions on me. First of all, I believe modern Christians are sending people to Hell by the bushel by not preaching and teaching about the HATE, FEAR, and ANGER of God just as much as they talk about the love, peace, and mercy of God. For you can't have one set of attributes without the others mirroring them. There is not love without something being hated.

Second, modern weak, pansy Christians are giving lost folk the wrong impression of God by saying God loves everyone.....He doesn't. God, right now, does not love one person on this planet that isn't a born again believer in His Son Jesus Christ. There is no alternative. That means all lost people, are enemies and will go to Hell when they die. Stop telling people God loves them without also telling them WHY and HOW HE loves them! He loved them in the form of His Son dying for them. That is all. That means.....if people don't believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ...then God hates them. Period. What? You think He would cast you into Hell "crying" saying I love you! No, He casts people into Hell laughing at them BECAUSE HE HATES THEM. READ MAN< READ!!!

Proverbs 1:24-30
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will LAUGH at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, YE CURSED, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

HEBREWS 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I could go on all night. You have to show people there error by giving them something they WANT TO BE SAVED FROM!!! And Hell is just as good as ANY excuse I know to be saved from. Repent sinners....because God hates you. This was the Message of Billy Sunday, Johnathan Edwards, Bob Jones Sr, and hundreds more. We MUST go back to the old paths....but I fear it is too late. God will spue modern Christians out of His mouth in disgust. Rev 3:16 Repent people....and believe the Gospel.
edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Akragon doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. He believes anyone who says "IM A CHRISTIAN" is a follower of Christ. What he doesn't take into consideration is Matthew 7:23 - "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." So its clear many who claim to be Christians are going to be exposed and turned away by Jesus himself because they did not follow his teachings or keep his commandments, the Mormons being at the top of that list along with all the other cults.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I appreciate that my friend, but i've noticed many issues with their beliefs... and as you should know by now abouut me... I don't take other peoples "opinions" on anything... this is why i don't read work from critics of any relgion. I read the scripture myself...

Regardless of their issues, i would not even consider calling them "not christian"... they are very christian... i've found their stick to Jesus words even more then many christians do.

Okay man. They teach that men become gods and get their own planet to populate with "spirit babies". That there is NOT one God, that there are trillions of Gods, that YHWH is just the God of Earth. But sure, I suppose they can be "Christians" if they say so, we'll just ignore basically every teaching they have that's different than Christians.

I suppose the only qualifying mark of being a "Christian" is to just say, "Hey, I'm a Christian! Oh yeah, and I believe in a guy from history called Jesus."

Well apparently that is the only "qualifying mark" either way... How many so called "christians" on these forums dance around what was actually taught by Jesus... and yet still call themselves Christian? Some even believe that the 613 laws of Moses still apply... and those that i've seen on these forums consider themselves "hardcore" christians. Funny thing is i made that thread and the people that i was trying to bait didn't even show...

RevGen just said that Roman Catholics arn't christian... That doesn't even make sense!!

You say someone isn't christian, then someone says you're not christian... and so on... and so on.

The biggest issue with Christianity is that theres 34k different flavors... mormons are one of those flavors... like it or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Agreed. I dread the day our future president will be a mormon
I would almost rather have a catholic!!! Our worst and most bitter enemy! But..a moron mormon is better than a lying muslim I guess
oh who am I kidding...America is doomed. Really, we are. Buy food people....and guns.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I am not going to argue with you as I can see you clearly are a Christian.

Bring it friend, iron sharpens iron and I don't take offense when someone disagrees with me. I only get pissed here when people outright lie about me. That's it. I didn't challenge what you said earlier because I don't like you, I do, I love you in the Lord as a matter of fact. So, if you do wish to discus these things I'm game, no worries. I do wear my heart on my sleeve IRL, but when I sit down to get on the internet I don't wear a shirt.

First of all, I believe modern Christians are sending people to Hell by the bushel by not preaching and teaching about the HATE, FEAR, and ANGER of God just as much as they talk about the love, peace, and mercy of God.

Christians don't save people, God does. We just plant seeds, and God will still save His elect despite all our garbage preaching and theology.

Brother, God's righteousness attracts no one, we hide from it. His mercy and grace is what attracts us to Him. His kindness leads us to repentance, not His wrath. And secondly bro, people who don't believe God exists could not care less if he is angry or not. Look at ourselves, did we give a crap about what God thought before He saved us? No we didn't, we were too busy being our own god to have time for another one who wanted to be our god. ("I do what I want, when I want, and for as long as I want.")

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by chasingbrahman

Angry, ignorant and insulting people gravitate toward the many different religions offered.

Everyone gets angry, everyone is ignorant about something, and we all resort to insults when we are insulted, it's natural. Congrats, you're described perfectly everyone on the planet. Now if what you say is truth, then why isn't everyone religious?

In the words of that Italian cook on the tele, 'Bam!'

Yes, I wanted to add my displeasure in seeing latent, human tendencies blamed on the One sent to justify them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Akragon doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. He believes anyone who says "IM A CHRISTIAN" is a follower of Christ

Come off it dude...

I said nothing like that... Your own people pull that little stunt...

Believe it or not, i don't consider myself christian because of people just like some of the members in this thread... NYT is not included in that group... btw

edit on 15-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Akragon doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. He believes anyone who says "IM A CHRISTIAN" is a follower of Christ. What he doesn't take into consideration is Matthew 7:23 - "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." So its clear many who claim to be Christians are going to be exposed and turned away by Jesus himself because they did not follow his teachings or keep his commandments, the Mormons being at the top of that list along with all the other cults.

He's trying though bro, and most non-Christians think that is the case also. He believes in what Jesus says in the NT (mostly), so hopefully he'll recall that Jesus warned about the wolves who would say "Silly sheep, I'm another sheep just like you are, see, I have wool just like you do!!"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Akragon doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. He believes anyone who says "IM A CHRISTIAN" is a follower of Christ

Come off it dude...

Believe it or not, i don't consider myself christian because of people just like some of the members in this thread... NYT is not included in that group... btw

Thanks man, however I'm not better than my brothers in Christ. Perhaps I'm more mature in the faith? I dunno, I have my ugly days just like anyone else, in fact, probably more than anyone else.

Wow, please don't let the actions of us Christians keep you from accepting Christ. WE ARE NOT PERFECT, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! (And the ones who claim to be ignore.) We're still sinners, we just happen to be repentant ones. We still mess up all the time even though we are justified in Christ.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

I would almost rather have a catholic!!! Our worst and most bitter enemy! But..a moron mormon is better than a lying muslim I guess
oh who am I kidding...America is doomed. Really, we are. Buy food people....and guns.

Really all are as bad as each other, none are in truth. America was founded on the Constitution which is based upon the Bible and biblical principles.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Come off it dude...

edit on 15-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yet you are claiming Mormons are a denomination of Christianity... When infact they are clearly a Cult. By that logic I would not be surprised if next you claim Scientologists are as well.

The fact that you feel the need to protest against every single thing I say shows your bias against me because of my faith. So ask yourself why anyone should take your posts seriously if have a clear prejudice against Christians? We could be telling the truth, but you don't care... your aim is to argue for the sake of arguing...

I suspect I am not the only one that has noticed this about you ether.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Time to step in. The hate you deem to a necessary 'weapon' in Christianity is just that. A weapon. Christ comissioned no such need, for the Word itself has set its own definition in grace and humility.
most catholics and mormons just don't know better. You hate someone for being deceived?

You are responsible for extending love, not hate. Your position places your soul in greater peril than any lost soul. Christ would NOT have His followers buy guns. Think about it.

I adjure you, in exhortation by the Holy Spirit, to completely re-evaluate your faith. You translate zeal into a hurtful weapon, and define clearly a path leading to hurtful ruin.

If you do seek the Truth, please take some time to listen to someone like 'noturtypical'. Listen, not argue. Your assesment of God is painfully inaccurate, and written in blood you are in no position to spill.

Your definition of Christian duty is fit to entertain the fallen. Let there be no division among you. You are in no position to judge anyone, yet will be judged.

I tell you these things to preserve life in you; attacks and insults are reserved for blind hatred.
Consider these words, that you might still be edified. I will pray to this end after clicking 'reply'.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Come off it dude...

Thanks man, however I'm not better than my brothers in Christ. Perhaps I'm more mature in the faith? I dunno, I have my ugly days just like anyone else, in fact, probably more than anyone else.

Wow, please don't let the actions of us Christians keep you from accepting Christ. WE ARE NOT PERFECT, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! (And the ones who claim to be ignore.) We're still sinners, we just happen to be repentant ones. We still mess up all the time even though we are justified in Christ.

I appreciate your concern... but theres no need. My understanding of Christ is different then Christians... I understand the Christian belief, i just don't entirely agree with it.

My beliefs are quite clear though... all thats needed to understand what i believe is to read my threads... I believe everyone is saved... I also believe that Christ saved us from sin by showing us how to live... he led by example... but regardless of what religion you prefer we all gain access to the afterlife.

I don't believe one should fear God... but rather attempt to understand him... and Jesus how you do that, but not just whats in the bible either, Gnostic scripture has great spiritual value as well.... so does buddhist and hindu scripture...

I could never become Christian because there are conflictions in every religion... And i would not group myself in with many of those you call sinners as well. I can't count how many "christians" claim that title and yet are more then happy to commit all sorts of attrocities, and completely ignore the title they claim. I

It seems to be a faith of convience... one which can be ignored when needed. That just isn't me...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Christians don't save people, God does. We just plant seeds, and God will still save His elect despite all our garbage preaching and theology.

Brother, God's righteousness attracts no one, we hide from it. His mercy and grace is what attracts us to Him. His kindness leads us to repentance, not His wrath. And secondly bro, people who don't believe God exists could not care less if he is angry or not. Look at ourselves, did we give a crap about what God thought before He saved us? No we didn't, we were too busy being our own god to have time for another one who wanted to be our god. ("I do what I want, when I want, and for as long as I want.")

I really don't want to debate talking points....I want you to comment on the SCRIPTURE I post and not leave them off when you quote me. GOD is angry.....and it is up to us Christians to tell people about Gods FIERCE anger and wrath..and HOW THEY CAN ESCAPE it through Jesus Christ. If you only tell them a half sided story, no wonder they want get saved.

And yes, it is our job to WIN souls to Christ
2 CORINTHIANS 5
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the MINISTRY OF reconciliation;

Sounds like you and many others here need a lesson on how to talk to people about salvation. They must know they are useless, wicked, HELL bound sinners and God Himself will throw them into Hell if they do not come to God through His Son.

God, once again, does not love this world. You are blind if you think He does.
James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the FRIENDSHIP of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Now deal with my scripture I post, and not your talking points. Lets DISCUSS the SCRIPTURE, not spoon fed talking points some non denominational coward "teacher" would preach.

edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join