It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Another militant OP for a religious thread, devoid of what it should be all about: love and wisdom.

Why be so offended and aggressive if you have a firm grip on your beliefs? Why care what others think of you if your ego isn't inflated? I'm sorry, but whenever I read these kinds of posts I see nothing more than a cornered rat, when I should be seeing something more akin to open arms.

Fine, you want to say your kind of Christian is not like some other sects of Christianity. Good for you I suppose. You're still being a hypocrite by braiding people into groups, in a thread trying to tell those same people not to braid you and others like you into groups. To elaborate: not all Atheists and other non-Christians think all Christians are ignorant idiots but you braided them together with the ones that do, and here you are saying that Atheists and so on should not braid all the types of Christians together because you believe some Christians are "corrupt" (in other words, ignorant idiots).

Well done coming full circle. You've accomplished nothing here.

And don't present your beliefs as the full truth and assume everyone else is wrong. You will never convince anyone that way, and you grow increasingly arrogant by it (something you didn't want to be accused of). People will walk a spiritual or religious path when and if they choose to, and when they are ready. You must respect that, or you fail at being a compassionate, loving being. Love and wisdom is supposed to be at the centre of every religion and spiritual way, not "I'm right and you're wrong." -- that's at the centre of everyone's ego -- so speak on love and wisdom or not at all.

We are all divinely inspired if we choose to be. Don't sell yourself or others short, we're magnificent but humble beings deep inside.

Peace and take care.

And again, so far off base from op message that I'm going to 'braid this with the rest'.
I guess people are inclined to masterfully rearange a message when they don't understand. At least you used the phrase 'in other words'.
And you put quite a mouthful in mine. I'm not even calling your reply assuming-it was a blatant slap in my face. When did I ONCE claim a religion? This is just....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

TextChristians need to stop throwing their bibles at me, being arrogant snots, and letting priests molest children

I stopped reading hear because you have severe issues if you think because we are Christian we allow priests to molest children . If you said that to my face I would most certainly stick my finger in your eye as a matter of fact I would give you a MOE , LARRY and stick both eyes . It is by far one of the most ignorant nonsensical
insults thrown at a group of people , ever. Get a life and a brain to go with it.

Ummm see that line? Its for everyone else her choosing to asume the content of my message. Should be plenty of room.
Here, allow me: the comment you dislike so much is one i dislike. That's why i mentioned it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Are...you..serious?

I am referring to X other threads where people ignorantly group all christians together. Where people discredit a book divinly inspired. The latter is fine, because belief in one is required to believe or understand the other. I wanted to stress THAT; I'm not telling ANYONE they HAVE to believe ANY book.

No I'm not serious, for Pete's sake. Just happened to stop by and thought I'd be clever. I have continued to follow the thread with some interest. Please: Everyone continue. Don't mind me. Sorry....

I'm sorry Ex. Was feeling cornered by so far EVERYONE misunderstanding my op. If these arguments were valid, Id be fine. I love admitting when I'm wrong; an excercise in humility. So far I've only had my words rearranged.

We could use a laugh in here, and God knows I better not kick it off. I might tip over the microscope I'm curled up beneath.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by seedofchucky

I mean if you were in jesus time and he did those crazy "miracleS" ,would you not believe ? Of course you would .

I'm not so sure about that Chucky. Judas walked with Christ for 3 years and saw most everything if not all of it and he traded Christ for 30 pieces of silver like He was a pack of baseball cards. Also Christ complains to a crowd following Him that they are only doing so because He feeds them, not because He does miracles in their midst. The Scribes and Pharisees saw the same miracles but claimed Jesus only did them with the power of the devil and not the Holy Spirit.

Seeing miracles happen doesn't lead to faith.

But can it? Maybe it shouldn't „ as Christ offered only the sign of Jonah (although...hmm you got me thinking).
Regarding Judas, he was fufiling prophecy. Anyone can attack that, because it takes really trusting God to understand that His plan can evoke pain and suffering. Paul does a decent job of explaining this, but is counterintuitive to human nature. Says a lot about our nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Originally posted by RomeByFire

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Please point to one insult. One snippy attack.

I didn't expec you to see anything, honestly. I am erasing the dense generalizations constantly thrown before me.

When did I once- actually, whatever. You either understood my message or you didn't. That's what this is about.

Hey - man, you said this.

"I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures. Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it."
You're a Christian, congratulations. Would you look a cookie because you don't "deny the Truth and you understand it?"

Can you see Jesus from up there? Get of your high horse...

more comprehension failure. High horse...congratulations. You didn't understand anything, yet pick out one sentence to base your error. How am I on a high horse? I'm no longer responding to whiny comments about what you perceive to be insult. This was posted to clear up blatant misunderstanding.

Thank you for proving my point.

How are you on a high horse?

Because in your opinion everyone elses' logic is flawed and yours is the only one that is "normal" That's why.

EDIT: Oh, and I must add a quote you should think about. "I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

You're a bigot, go ahead and deny it - it just shows you are. You are blind to your biggest fault, you're intolerable and quite frankly - immature.
edit on 14-3-2012 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

I like your quotes. They reveal in simplicity you seek to call me on something untrue. Where in my opinion did I say everyone's lo-
Scratch that. You're failing miserably at contorting my message to 'expose' me. Get in line. Keep pumping your fists. When you legitamitely 'expose' me, we can talk. Cause that's what you want. To talk. About ANYTHING but the true content of op. I'm immature, yet, babysitting a thread due to countless efforts to deny it's principle. I should double space these posts to make your cut&paste war easier.
or, you could get out of the stone throwing line and reply to op. The message, though, and not the bleak portrayal of stained intentions resulting from unrelated sentences in op being re-sculpted.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I have a feeling Ill be repeating myself quite a bit tonight.

You're kinda new here, let me be the first to tell you that you're gonna have to get used to that. Most people will not directly address what you actually say, but what they feel you meant to say, or they wanted you to say.

Heck, last year in these very forums I had a member take my post, edit it to make it say the exact opposite of what I originally said, then tried to ridicule me for the quote they themselves invented. And this purposeful deception came from someone who calls themselves a Christian!!!

I have a feeling Ill be repeating myself quite a bit tonight.

You're kinda new here, let me be the first to tell you that you're gonna have to get used to that. Most people will not directly address what you actually say, but what they feel you meant to say, or they wanted you to say.

Heck, last year in these very forums I had a member take my post, edit it to make it say the exact opposite of what I originally said, then tried to ridicule me for the quote they themselves invented. And this purposeful deception came from someone who calls themselves a Christian!!!

Groan, I'm seeing this now. I have suspicions, but voicing their regard to this would be foolish. Someone really warped your post like that? I suspect you were speaking the Truth, then.
Conspiracy forums want doom, not Truth, I get that now.

I just got sick of the Christian definition encompassing anyone who even SNEEZES the word Jesus. And about the divine nature of scriptural origin, I knew what I was in for there. Still, I thought I was clear.

Some are approaching me from the side with 'arguments(?)' unrelated to the message, as if to derail the op. That should define a lot, but being the circulated agenda, becomes super imposed over op. And there I went, chasing every ridiculously inaccurate post putting words in my mouth. *kicks dirt*

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Please point to one insult. One snippy attack.

I didn't expec you to see anything, honestly. I am erasing the dense generalizations constantly thrown before me.

When did I once- actually, whatever. You either understood my message or you didn't. That's what this is about.

Allow me:

you'll think the same for the other. In such a case, just leave it out of your arguement, because you don't understand it. Aethists, nihlists and fools have PLENTY of people to speak for them. Please send the smart ones.

This is you, talking down to the people who do not share you're particular brand of belief. Talking down to someone is insulting.

I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures.

Oh look, you did it again. Insulting.

You see, you are doing exactly what you are accusing people of. You complain because people make negative comments and accusations but you, point at those that disagree with you and you imply they are fools?

Despite you referring to yourself as a 'Christian' and implying that you are a 'True Christian' as you do not belong to an organised denomination, that you state that not all Christians are the same and should not be compared to oneanother (or indeed persecuted by the negative actions of other Christians) you, the so called 'True Christian' are doing EXACTLY THAT to all the people that do not agree with you / support you. VERY Christian
Not all non-christians attack christians, fact. Learn it, remember it.

I would finish by challenging your implied 'True Christian' status. IF the word is the spirit as you so suggest, the word states:

Matthew 5:39 - "but I say unto you, Resist not him that is evil: but whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

That's what the word says. Look it up if you so desire, but the point is; you are not doing this, you are doing the opposite. Perhaps your spirit has indeed strayed from the word and perhaps, that is something you should
spend time considering, rather than insulting those who do not share your personal beliefs.

Peace.
edit on 14-3-2012 by AtlantisX99 because: (no reason given)

This is just getting old. 'Aethists....AND fools'. I did not state they are the same, hence, the commas. Are you
denying fools exist?

75%..etc...No? People don't use 'wall of text' to justify ignoring content? I will never be a politician. People only acknowledge what they can contort to fortify belief as a whole, as opposed to comprehending a message. Maybe not all people.
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” It doesn't matter if people call themselves Christians and honor God with their lips, if their hearts are far from him and in their hearts they don't believe that God will require an account from them.

I believe this proverb, but as you can see, I received scrutiny for NOT saying it.
In fact, op is for everyone, as it regards an accurate assessment of eitiquitte alone.
Although you won't see me disagree.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by seedofchucky

I mean if you were in jesus time and he did those crazy "miracleS" ,would you not believe ? Of course you would .

I'm not so sure about that Chucky. Judas walked with Christ for 3 years and saw most everything if not all of it and he traded Christ for 30 pieces of silver like He was a pack of baseball cards. Also Christ complains to a crowd following Him that they are only doing so because He feeds them, not because He does miracles in their midst. The Scribes and Pharisees saw the same miracles but claimed Jesus only did them with the power of the devil and not the Holy Spirit.

Seeing miracles happen doesn't lead to faith.

But can it? Maybe it shouldn't „ as Christ offered only the sign of Jonah (although...hmm you got me thinking).
Regarding Judas, he was fufiling prophecy. Anyone can attack that, because it takes really trusting God to understand that His plan can evoke pain and suffering. Paul does a decent job of explaining this, but is counterintuitive to human nature. Says a lot about our nature.

US: "Where are all the miracles of Elijah's generation?"
GOD: "Where are the Elijahs of this generation?"

Point: Faith brings miracles, not miracles bring faith.

edit on 14-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Someone really warped your post like that?

Yes, I was flabbergasted really. And this came from a person who claims to be a Christian. In all the years of doing apologetics on the internet I've never had that happen before that, nor have I had it happen again since. That's how desperate this person was to win an argument over the internet in front of people none of us will ever meet in real life.

Yes, it was THAT deep apparently.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Page 3= a LOT of TWE.
Page3= the truth. I shouldn't have had to explain the same thing thirteen times, but I did.
I will not tolerate intentional guile and misinformation. You know damn well every one of you bitching about everything BUT the message in op either didn't understand-fueling your unwarranted attacks-or you DID, and it struck a chord.
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Pick THAT sentence apart. I expect that $hit at glp, not here.
Speax libraries about some of you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yes, I was flabbergasted really. And this came from a person who claims to be a Christian. In all the years of doing apologetics on the internet I've never had that happen before that, nor have I had it happen again since. That's how desperate this person was to win an argument over the internet in front of people none of us will ever meet in real life.

Heh, the accuser is ripe with injustice, and the gloves come off when the Truth comes in. Speaking of which, thanks for stopping in. What was intended as clarification in discussion became a target for pent up denial.
Sadly, the message itself WAS contorted as my words became binary silly putty. My friend Jacob was big into online apologetics- now THAT can be frustrating. A simple truth becomes catalyst to what seems like 2000 year old revenge.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Heh, the accuser is ripe with injustice, and the gloves come off when the Truth comes in. Speaking of which, thanks for stopping in. What was intended as clarification in discussion became a target for pent up denial.
Sadly, the message itself WAS contorted as my words became binary silly putty. My friend Jacob was big into online apologetics- now THAT can be frustrating. A simple truth becomes catalyst to what seems like 2000 year old revenge.

Dude, it's like trying to heard cats that are high on PCP and covered in Vaseline. I've found out, (painfully), that the internet is kinda like this parallel universe where truth are lies and lies are truth. Where facts are debatable, and there is no such thing as an absolute truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Dude, it's like trying to heard cats that are high on PCP and covered in Vaseline. I've found out, (painfully), that the internet is kinda like this parallel universe where truth are lies and lies are truth. Where facts are debatable, and there is no such thing as an absolute truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I do not feel it is accurate to cut out all bad examples of Christians, and only have the term "Christian" Or "True Christian" apply to the gods ones.

You could apply the same rule to Atheists. If we cut out every example of any less than moral atheist, or any with bad deeds, you'd suddenly have Atheists being the most moral group in society.

Or Muslims. If "True Muslims" doesn't encapsulate any of the horrors done in the name of Islam, then there's never any basis for making any negative comment on the morality of Muslims.

~
You portray Aethists as generalizing Christians by the bad deeds of certain sects. You fail to realize, no "True" atheist would let preconceived bias about a group affect his/her judgement of an individual(s).

See, that reasoning backfires so quickly. You can't have only the best of a group portray the group, it completely destroys the dynamic of grouping people together, Every group has good and bad apples in it. Christians and Atheists both have wonderful, and terrible people.

~
Most Christians, FYI, believe they are the "True Christians". Even groups you just put down, such as the JWs, think they are the true Christians. Everyone thinks they've got it right and true, and everyone thinks everyone else doesn't.

Given this tangled phrase with an utterly different meaning towards every different person who uses it, I'd personally throw it out the window. It means nothing to me when someone declares themselves a "True Christian", because that says absolutely nothing about their Christian actions and beliefs. It only reveals one belief; that they've got it right where others got it wrong. That's a belief held by many.

~
I do think it's stupid to generalize a person based on what some members of the same or similar groups may do. If the person disagrees with it as much as you do, don't hold it against them. I will agree with you that far, but no farther than that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Omg when did I 'put the jws down'?? Again, reference point. By """true christian"""", as I am seeing it perpetualy quoted, again, I am misunderstood. In any of these 'groups', "true christians" exist, indeed. I'm saying they're in ANY group, just not exclusive to them.

Again, when did I put aethiests down? I wasn't CLASSIFYING them with the 'fools' I mentioned. It should be clearly seen for the basis of comparison it is.

How can aethiests not be grouped together? It is the simple definition of the word for the only ones I can REFER to when addressing them by the belief system that DEFINES the word.
aethism and Faith in Christ are not compared in op. This isn't a pissing contest, I am addressing a common misconception.
edit on 15-3-2012 by threewhiteeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Newsflash:
Angry, ignorant and insulting people gravitate toward the many different religions offered. Turns out, they're just like the people who aren't sure whether anyone is in charge, and the people who are convinced that no-one is in charge.

Differences and similarities continue to amaze, divide, and sometimes blind.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

After your long rant about banding all christians together, etc, i just wondered if you have noticed the title of your own thread?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Amen brother. I always fall back to prayer when I'm ready to throw my hands up. It's our heavy artillery in this cosmic conflict with evil. And remember, God loves the lost person a hell of a lot more than we ever could. Just gotta keep shouting the truth from the mountaintops, even if no one listens then we will prophesy to the trees, mountains, and beasts of the field. Don't you just get a nice warm-fuzzy feeling knowing you are helping to drive the minions of the devil into derision? I get a kick out of that for sure!

Glad to have you here as a new member, will look forward to picking your brain in the future. Btw, can u send me a link to the thread you're talking about? Send it to me via U2U please, not in this thread here.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
I do not feel it is accurate to cut out all bad examples of Christians, and only have the term "Christian" Or "True Christian" apply to the gods ones.

If I lived in Nazi Germany in the 1940s and did everything possible to go against Hitler and to subvert everything he taught and tried to accomplish, could I legitimately be called "a true Nazi"?

No, it would be plainly obvious that I was not a Nazi, nor did I follow Hitler. Same here. A "christian' cannot subvert everything Christ taught and go against everything He commanded us and still be considered a 'christian'. Not by anyone's litmus test. Well, I suppose that's not true. I suppose I'd pass the litmus test of people who trust what I have to say and completely ignore my behavior.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Angry, ignorant and insulting people gravitate toward the many different religions offered.

Everyone gets angry, everyone is ignorant about something, and we all resort to insults when we are insulted, it's natural. Congrats, you're described perfectly everyone on the planet. Now if what you say is truth, then why isn't everyone religious?

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join