It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

DANCING in the Church that Christ DIED for.

Now you're really getting to be offensive. Isn't Psalm 150 in your Bible? I know it is, I have the exact same one.

1: Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2: Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3: Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4: Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5: Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6: Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Wait??? What was that?? Praise Him in the sanctuary with "dance" "stringed instruments' and drums??? We can't have that in our Holy Baptist Bibles now can we????

You are mocking what David commands us to do in God's sanctuary.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Great, then if the Holy Spirit works through you despite your stinking Theology then great, praise the Lord. But I don't think so, I think you're just selling fire insurance to people. My Bible says it's God's goodness that leads to repentance, not His wrath. And maybe fire and brimstone works on certain folk, but others it will not. A fisherman uses different lures depending on the type of fish he is trying to catch. Every now and then some person may respond to terror, but many, many more will respond to love.

I will agree completely with you on that. But what we were discussing was scriptures....and Jesus Christ preached on Hell 5 times as much as He did on love. We should follow Christ's example right? This is how you know madcat is just blowing hot air as well, he has no clue what Jesus taught. Hell fire was Jesus' favorite subject.

By the way, my "stinking theology" as you called it is the same as Jesus Christ and Paul's. As for the "God's goodness that leads to repentance"....His goodness was sending His Son to die for us.....and Guess what happens when you reject His Son.....?

HEBREWS 10
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

LUKE 13:3 but, except ye repent, ye shall ALL LIKEWISE perish.
LUKE 13:5 but, except ye repent, ye shall ALL LIKEWISE perish.

Proverbs 1
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will LAUGH at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Now please, deal with the verse and follow God's example.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Right. For all intents and purposes, mormonism, to me, seems a deliberate slap in the face of Truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

But you are not living how he told us. Have you repented for your sins? Have you put your trust in him as your Lord and savior and invited him into your life? Salvation is a free gift, its not something you can earn. Our works are as filthy rags in Gods eyes. If you relying on going to heaven by your works then you are still under God's judgement. Only those written in the Lamb's book of life shall inherit the kingdom of God.

How exactly would you know how im living?

I've told you this before... don't act like you know me... you don't.

And Yes... i know your paulian dogma... Not interested.

"Paulian dogma" I wonder why you hate our beloved Apostle Paul so much... .

Anyhow lets take a look at what Jesus said in his OWN words:

Born again.
"You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' (John 3:7 KJV)

Repent.
"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17 KJV)

Deny your self and follow me.
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Matthew 16:24 KJV)

Have you done any of those things? If not your heading for eternal punishment for your sin.

"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:46 KJV)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I will agree completely with you on that. But what we were discussing was scriptures....and Jesus Christ preached on Hell 5 times as much as He did on love. We should follow Christ's example right? This is how you know madcat is just blowing hot air as well, he has no clue what Jesus taught. Hell fire was Jesus' favorite subject.

What was His only two commands, help me out, my recollection is fuzzy? Did He say Love God with all we have and love our neighbor as ourselves, or was it hate your neighbor as you see fit? Help me out here!

And no, Christ taught 5 times more about Hell than HEAVEN, not "love". His entire message was one of love towards one's fellow man and repentance toward God. Do you even remember the story of the Good Samaritan?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But you are not living how he told us. Have you repented for your sins? Have you put your trust in him as your Lord and savior and invited him into your life? Salvation is a free gift, its not something you can earn. Our works are as filthy rags in Gods eyes. If you relying on going to heaven by your works then you are still under God's judgement. Only those written in the Lamb's book of life shall inherit the kingdom of God.

AMEN

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

yeah...I have heard this excuse more times than I would like to admit from charismatic Christians.

The problem of course is this......you can't read. Just where do you think God's "sanctuary" is?.....Surely you don't think it is a building on the corner of MLK street do you....

Read the last part of the verse.....His Heavenly sanctuary is in the "firmament of his power" which isn't your church building
Simple English will clear up all kinds of problems. No where in the New Testament does dancing show up in the church. Only praying, hymn singing (not fleshly rock music), and Bible study and preaching take place in the Church. Read ALL about it in Acts.

BUt please now, reply to my verses, I replied to your. Its only fair.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

they are in fact a form of Christianity.

GAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! *throws hands up*

Alright, I'm not going to argue with you anymore for Pete's sake. If you want to think they are Christians then fine, you can believe that.

Yeah....at this point...
You and RG have both effectively validated this sentiment. The cat would speak now in circles.

Kitty: THEY say they are, and do EVERYTHING Christ warned us about, 2k years in advance...

I have to go for a bit..m

And to the hate mongering extremist: If God hated us like you imply, would He send Jesus in the first place? I don't know, b/c I can't see God and Hate existing together..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And as i've said to you a hundred times before... You're free to judge me however you see fit...

Makes no difference to me...

The opinion of a hate spewing Christian... what a joke

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What was His only two commands, help me out, my recollection is fuzzy? Did He say Love God with all we have and love our neighbor as ourselves, or was it hate your neighbor as you see fit? Help me out here!

And if you followed those two commandments only, you would split Hell wide open with a good conscience. If you remember....following commandments ARE WORKS. And if you also remember.....just who was it Jesus said these two commandments too? A JEW wasn't it? And how were Jews saved before Christ died...? By keeping the commandments.... Come on now, READ what the Bible SAYS, not what someone taught you.
And stop saying I hate people. I only hate abominations to the Lord, such as queers and such. I still give them the Gospel though. If I really hated them like you are thinking, then I wouldn't give them the Gospel.

And no, Christ taught 5 times more about Hell than HEAVEN, not "love". His entire message was one of love towards one's fellow man and repentance toward God. Do you even remember the story of the Good Samaritan?

I do remember the story.....and it was a gentile doing GOOD WORKS! It has nothing to do with you in the Church age. The principle taught is perfectly fine, but for doctrinal purposes, it would send you the Hell. Hell is paved with good intentions you know.
We must preach the coming wrath of God and the salvation from that wrath through Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Paulian dogma" I wonder why you hate our beloved Apostle Paul so much... .

Remind him when Paul said that he was quoting Isaiah.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

And if you followed those two commandments only, you would split Hell wide open with a good conscience. If you remember....following commandments ARE WORKS. And if you also remember.....just who was it Jesus said these two commandments too? A JEW wasn't it?

No kidding following commands is works, why do you think He saved us to begin with? The word says we were saved to do those works. Ephesians 2 doesn't end at verse 9, what does verse 10 say?

Paul echoes Jesus' two commands, and in fact, in Galatians 5:14 Paul even narrows it to ONE single command for Christians. I'll give you a free hint, it's not "hate your sinful neighbor".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

And stop saying I hate people.

I didn't dude, you did.

It is perfectly fine to HATE some people.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

And to the hate mongering extremist: If God hated us like you imply, would He send Jesus in the first place? I don't know, b/c I can't see God and Hate existing together..

I will go very easy on you, but you need to be informed. To answer your question, do you think an ALL loving God would kill the entire world, women, babies and all in Noah's flood....if He didn't hate what His creation had become?
God actually said it "repented" Him to make man.....so He killed them all.

Then He sent His Son to be our King......sooooooooo, what did we do? We killed His only begotten Son.....now think about this, you to Noturtypical.....what do you suppose God will do to us for that little "booboo" of killing His Son?

I can sum it up for you....the Book of Revelations. Ever read it? Yeah, God does some serious killing in that one....AND He BURNS the whole world up at the end KILLING everyone AGAIN!!!.

You guys don't get it at all, and it saddens me. GOD IS MAD, and He will get revenge on us. You better turn to Jesus Christ the ONLY ARK and safety from God's coming WRATH.

Read you Bible babes, read your Holy Bible and Learn of God. "Fear God".

Luke 20:15-16
15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and KILLED HIM. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

God forbid indeed....sounds like some of you guys on here! GOD FORBID He gets angry and kills people..... READ YOUR BIBLE.
edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

yeah...I have heard this excuse more times than I would like to admit from charismatic Christians.

The problem of course is this......you can't read. Just where do you think God's "sanctuary" is?.....Surely you don't think it is a building on the corner of MLK street do you....

No, when David wrote that the sanctuary was on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem. I'll ignore your petty insults, but last time I checked I had no problem reading English, OR Hebrew: Pull up a desk, class in now in session.

ENGLISH: "sanctuary"

HEBREW: "מִקְדָּשׁ" (miqdash)

1) sacred place, sanctuary, holy place

a) sanctuary

1) of the temple

2) of the tabernacle

3) of Ezekiel's temple

4) of Jehovah

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

MATTHEW 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to DESTROY both soul and body in hell.

Follow Jesus.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

MATTHEW 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to DESTROY both soul and body in hell.

Follow Jesus.

Who are you telling to "follow Jesus"? I don't deny God will destroy body and soul in Hell. I deny that Jesus said to hate your neighbor.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join