It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Alright look all of you...

Maybe Mormonism isn't exactly what you hold Christianity to be... but it is a form of Christianity. Its an accepted fact... I have a friend in university studying religions of the world. And it is Classified as a Sect of Christianity on the basis of the FACT that they believe in the same Jesus that the rest of mainstream Christianity does... Perhaps they believe different things that you don't agree with... perhaps they completely ignore many facets of your religion but again... its still a religion based on Jesus from the bible.

You guys can argue til you're blue in the face... it changes nothing. And again IF you don't like it or disagree with that... take it up with them...

I have my own issues with Mormonism... which is why i made THIS thread... Called specifically "Questioning mormonism"... i also have a friend that is a mormon and hes explaining the details of his faith. Mind you he also believes he can convert me... Silly boy

Yes they have different beliefs about Jesus... some of them are a little hard to swallow, but the fact remains in any educational institution they are considered a Christian sect.

Im not here to defend their religion... I've actually found most of it to likely be fabricated....i was simply stating a fact that you people clearly don't agree with... and that is fine with me.

I also might point out that the person that claimed mormonism isn't Christian also said that Catholics arn't christian either.... I probably should have just considered who that was comming from before jumping in to correct him.

My mistake

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And secondly... IF you believe that my Avatar has anything to do with my knowledge of scripture... Im just going to have to laugh at that...

So which knowledge of scripture would this be? Considering you haven't even read the bible... Let alone the fact that your an atheist. Anyone with knowledge of scripture couldn't possibly believe what you do.

Im not here to argue about mormonism... they're a sect of Christianity... that is a fact... IF you don't like it... take it up with them...

So because a group of people claim something, that makes it a "fact". Hmmm.... I guess by that logic we should take Scientology claims seriously as well.

nd the person you're talking about just claimed that Catholics are not Christians as well.... Once you've been here for a while you learn what certian people are about... Clearly you haven't quite got that figured out yet... it will come with time....

Have they trusted in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their sins? Or do they believe that the are saved by God's grace and their work? If they believe that the are saved by God's grace and their works, then they are not saved, since they then deny the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

And this kind of crap...

So which knowledge of scripture would this be? Considering you haven't even read the bible... Let alone the fact that your an atheist. Anyone with knowledge of scripture couldn't possibly believe what you do.

Is why he gets this treatment from me...

his ignorance is blatant and hes proud of it...

I simply don't have the time to deal with people like him... nor am i interested in doing so. Honestly i rarely even read what he has to say in most cases... theres only a few people on these forums like that. Two of them happen to show up in this thread... how ironic

Truely... Jesus would say... I don't know him.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

aybe Mormonism isn't exactly what you hold Christianity to be... but it is a form of Christianity. Its an accepted fact... I have a friend in university studying religions of the world. And it is Classified as a Sect of Christianity on the basis of the FACT that they believe in the same Jesus that the rest of mainstream Christianity does...

No they do not...Stop calling things facts and spewing your ignorance. Lets take a look at who they believe Jesus to be shall we?

The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 129).

Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163; Gospel Through the Ages, p. 15).

Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, 1856, p. 247).

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).

"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 8, p. 115).

"Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers," (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).

"Christ Not Begotten of Holy Ghost ...Christ was begotten of God. He was not born without the aid of Man, and that Man was God!" (Doctrines of Salvation, by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1954, 1:18).

"Elohim is literally the Father of the spirit of Jesus Christ and also of the body in which Jesus Christ performed His mission in the flesh..." (First Presidency and Council of the Twelve, 1916, "God the Father," compiled by Gordon Allred, p. 150).

Now does that sound like the same person the rest of Christianity believe in?

They worship a completely different Jesus.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Man, I've sat here and wrote and re-wrote my reply 3 or 4 times now, and I don't have the words to console you in your pain, so I won't try. I'll end up doing a Peter and stick my foot in my mouth. I don't care if you drop the F-bomb, you're free in Christ. But, if you want to talk about it more and want my advice, let me know.

God Bless you Daughter of the Most High.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Have you repented and put your trust in Jesus as your Lord and savior?

Don't be concerned about me my friend, worry about your own salvation....

Everyone only get's one chance in this life. When you have done those things I will be the first to welcome you to the body of Christ.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I also might point out that the person that claimed mormonism isn't Christian also said that Catholics arn't christian either.... I probably should have just considered who that was comming from before jumping in to correct him.

Can we all stop insulting one another? We can't learn diddly-squat from each other when in that modus operandi. Now Ak bro, I've already demonstrated Mormons have completely different Christology, Soeteriolgy, and Theology than that Christianity affirms. What else is there that makes them "Christian" after that? That they have "Jesus" in the title of their church?

And it is Classified as a Sect of Christianity on the basis of the FACT that they believe in the same Jesus that the rest of mainstream Christianity does...

THEY.
DO.
NOT!

Jesus IS NOT the spirit brother of lucifer in Christianity. Christianity DOES NOT teach that we become gods someday. Christianity DOES NOT teach there are millions and billions of gods. Christianity DOES NOT teach that Jesus shedding His blood for us in "nonsense".

How much of historical Christianity can they completely gut and replace with their own theology before they can no longer be considered Christian?? I feel like dropping my own F-Bomb at this point.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Akragon

Have you repented and put your trust in Jesus as your Lord and savior?

Don't be concerned about me my friend, worry about your own salvation.

I have no worries about my own salvation... i let my beliefs show in my every day life...

I live how he told us.... judge no man, love God, and thy neighbour as yourself.

Its just tragic that you don't understand those ideals... whatever though.

Everything comes around.... eventually you'll see the light one way or the other

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You're not sincere. You don't think you've done anything wrong.

May I ask you a question? How many people after hearing you tell them how much God hates them and will laugh when he sends them to hell, have repented immediately and asked you how to be saved?

8 so far, with more to come Lord willing. I still don't see what you don't understand about this simple truth. When someone is SAVED......what are they SAVED from?!?! Answer....HELL and God's wrath. That is the WHOLE definition of SAVED. Look it up and how it is used in the Bible.
Preaching on Hell and the coming wrath of God and then offering them Jesus as the way out of this coming destruction is the SURE FIRE way to get people saved.
Telling people God loves them and nothing else produces what we have today in Christianity: A purposes driven "disaster", C5, self esteem driving Christians, and punk rock fleshly songs and DANCING in the Church that Christ DIED for. Modern Christians are weak and pathetic. Most don't even go to church any more for crying out loud!!!
ALL the old time preachers that led millions to Christ just 50 to 200 years ago preached on HELL and the coming destruction of sinners you rejected Jesus Christ. This creates real Christians....not praise and worship fools.

What about my original question? I feel it deserves an honest Biblical answer:
"How can you know if the person you hate today won't accept Christ tomorrow?"

Answer, ONCE they accept Christ, I will love them. Until then, they are my enemy and the ONLY obligation I have to them is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Preaching the Gospel to them IS SHOWING THEM LOVE. Doing anything else but giving lost people the Gospel is enabling a lost sin addicted hell bound devil.

P.s. Don't get offended, I'm not

PSALM 119:165
GREAT PEACE have they which love thy law: and nothing shall OFFEND them.
edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Can we all stop insulting one another? We can't learn diddly-squat from each other when in that modus operandi. Now Ak bro, I've already demonstrated Mormons have completely different Christology, Soeteriolgy, and Theology than that Christianity affirms. What else is there that makes them "Christian" after that? That they have "Jesus" in the title of their church?

The issue here is your defining a "Christian" according to what you believe and what you've read... i am not.

Im defining a Christian based on the following of a single man. Yes the beliefs are different... Yes they don't adhear to all Christian thought, and have various different beliefs on Jesus... But they truely believe that Jesus visited the americas.... and they base their religion on that.

SO... defining Christian according to what every educational institution in the world (asside from the Catholic education system) they are in fact a form of Christianity.

They pulled some of the most important lessons directly from the KJV... verbatim

It might be a slightly twisted version of Christianity.... but again, its a sect of Christianity none the less...

And you missed the part where i said "like christianity" not all sects of mormonism believe the same thing... i've never heard this lucifarian thing from my friend... but i will ask him about it

edit on 15-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Have they trusted in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of their sins? Or do they believe that the are saved by God's grace and their work? If they believe that the are saved by God's grace and their works, then they are not saved, since they then deny the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice.

YES, you have brought up a critical point:

People can deny things by affirming other things.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But you are not living how he told us. Have you repented for your sins? Have you put your trust in him as your Lord and savior and invited him into your life? Salvation is a free gift, its not something you can earn. Our works are as filthy rags in Gods eyes. If you relying on going to heaven by your works then you are still under God's judgement. Only those written in the Lamb's book of life shall inherit the kingdom of God.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

they are in fact a form of Christianity.

GAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! *throws hands up*

Alright, I'm not going to argue with you anymore for Pete's sake. If you want to think they are Christians then fine, you can believe that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But you are not living how he told us. Have you repented for your sins? Have you put your trust in him as your Lord and savior and invited him into your life? Salvation is a free gift, its not something you can earn. Our works are as filthy rags in Gods eyes. If you relying on going to heaven by your works then you are still under God's judgement. Only those written in the Lamb's book of life shall inherit the kingdom of God.

How exactly would you know how im living?

I've told you this before... don't act like you know me... you don't.

And Yes... i know your paulian dogma... Not interested.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

they are in fact a form of Christianity.

GAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! *throws hands up*

Alright, I'm not going to argue with you anymore for Pete's sake. If you want to think they are Christians then fine, you can believe that.

haha... its all good.

It doesn't matter what i think does it?

I would call many sects of Christianity NOT CHRISTIAN as well... such as the ones who believe Mosaic law still applies *shrug*

You can't change a cats stripes bro

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

8 so far, with more to come Lord willing.

Great, then if the Holy Spirit works through you despite your stinking Theology then great, praise the Lord. But I don't think so, I think you're just selling fire insurance to people. My Bible says it's God's goodness that leads to repentance, not His wrath. And maybe fire and brimstone works on certain folk, but others it will not. A fisherman uses different lures depending on the type of fish he is trying to catch. Every now and then some person may respond to terror, but many, many more will respond to love.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

NOPE! And I'm in that boat with you manning the oars, apparently it doesn't matter what I say either. Online dictionaries define truth.

such as the ones who believe Mosaic law still applies *shrug*

Yes, you sure could, IF it was backed by scripture. Mormons had to invent their own scriptures for their theology. They couldn't even twist the Bible to support their nonsense.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thank you, NYT(
its NYT or NUT,lol). Yes, it would benefit us both to continue as iron sharpens iron.

I should clear something first, lol, and it's an understandable mistake.

By 'bf', I meant best friend, not boyfriend.

Few pages back, someone mentioned it being 'my time of the month', and I should have made it clear then. By not saying anything, natural comprehensive reflection would lead anyone to assume my gender. I should have corrected them, as I, although occasionally effeminate, am currently sporting baggage in the nether regions.
no big deal; I should have corrected them then
Your gesture is still appreciated for it's intended sentiment.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

aybe Mormonism isn't exactly what you hold Christianity to be... but it is a form of Christianity. Its an accepted fact... I have a friend in university studying religions of the world. And it is Classified as a Sect of Christianity on the basis of the FACT that they believe in the same Jesus that the rest of mainstream Christianity does...

No they do not...Stop calling things facts and spewing your ignorance. Lets take a look at who they believe Jesus to be shall we?

The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 129).

Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163; Gospel Through the Ages, p. 15).

Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, vol. 3, 1856, p. 247).

"Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones," (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).

"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 8, p. 115).

"Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers," (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).

"Christ Not Begotten of Holy Ghost ...Christ was begotten of God. He was not born without the aid of Man, and that Man was God!" (Doctrines of Salvation, by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1954, 1:18).

"Elohim is literally the Father of the spirit of Jesus Christ and also of the body in which Jesus Christ performed His mission in the flesh..." (First Presidency and Council of the Twelve, 1916, "God the Father," compiled by Gordon Allred, p. 150).

Now does that sound like the same person the rest of Christianity believe in?

They worship a completely different Jesus.

Agreed. A rose by the same name may drive it's thorn into your wrist.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

NOPE! And I'm in that boat with you manning the oars, apparently it doesn't matter what I say either. Online dictionaries define truth.

such as the ones who believe Mosaic law still applies *shrug*

Yes, you sure could, IF it was backed by scripture. Mormons had to invent their own scriptures for their theology. They couldn't even twist the Bible to support their nonsense.

Actually i believe Jo smith stole most of the lessons from the KJV bible... its actually quite obvious if you know where to look. BUT... what he took was some of the most important lessons Jesus taught...

Compare...

Matthew 5
www.biblegateway.com...

with
3 nephi 12
www.lds.org...

Im still learning about their religion though...

Lets put it this way... IF one defines a christian as someone that attempts to be "christ like"...

Mormons are more "christ like" then Christians are for the most part.... I've never met a mormon i didn't like, and all of them would give you the shirt off their own back to help another person.

I can't say the same for most christians....

SO... whos following who?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join