It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I want to address two issues I see getting batted around in EVERY thread with the word 'God' in it. People should debate, IMO, but if we can eliminate some pointless errors, maybe ground can be gained.

1) " Christians need to stop throwing their bibles at me, being arrogant snots, and letting priests molest children" God, where to start..There are Catholics, Lutherans, SDAs, mormons, JWs and many, many more flavours to this baskin robbins of know-it-alls. Then, there are 'Christians'. Finally, like me, people who believe wholeheartedly in Jesus Christ, accept grace, receive the Holy Spirit, and submit their will and time to Him. I care nothing for prepackaged idealology enforced by one set of beliefs. Christ never suggested it.

Aethists, when you 'define' "Christians" by the chracteristics of one sect, you wear your ignorance like a crown. Christ, and God never intended for men to take a gift, redefine it, rewrap it use it to get money. YES, organized religion is a poorly defined money making machine. You may not believe in God, but unless you're a shallow, narrow minded fool, you can envision the concept. Do you think your own parent gives birth to you so you can make money for them?

In summary, stop grouping true followers of God with the obviously corrupt factions dominating out there.
I keep seeing pathetically unfunny comments about 'the Christians doing this or that'. Comparing me to a Catholic is less accurate than selling fiberglass insulation in a cotton candy cone.

2) Once and for all, YES 'men' wrote scriptures, and the bible, BUT: The prophets and Apostoles were divinely inspired, by the Holy Spirit. I've had my proof that the Holy Spirit is real. I didn't get it by crossing my arms over my chest and discrediting what I cannot see. I'm spending no time here to convince you it is real, but I will say, ancient prophecies are manifesting daily, and accurately.
YES, the catholic church has screwed with the bible. Funny how the only really important parts survived even their wrath.
In summary, The Holy Bible was written with men's hands, but, they were guided by the Holy Spirit. If you don't believe in one, then don't bother mentioning the other. I can personally testify to the Holy Spirit, but those who stubbornly disagree even the possibility won't bother trying to see it. I'm not saying you have to believe me. I am saying the Word and the Spirit are one, so, if you think one is B.S., you'll think the same for the other. In such a case, just leave it out of your arguement, because you don't understand it. Aethists, nihlists and fools have PLENTY of people to speak for them. Please send the smart ones.

I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures. Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

21Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Your "Truth" is a question of faith, is it not? There was not one thing in your post which made me think, "Oh my, I suddenly see the light, and this poster who blithely insults those who do not believe as he does has shown me the way."

The best Christians I know walk The Walk, not just talk The Talk. They refrain from insults and snide comments, and trust that God will reveal Himself to those whom He chooses to. By emulating Jesus, and showing mercy, kindness and understanding, you are more likely to bring people to God.

But because you chose the snippy route, I remembered why I disliked going to church for the first 18 years of my life, and why I am so glad that I don't go now.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And this is why, if heaven is real, I would rather go to hell. heaven would be my idea of torture with all of those christians up there.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Please point to one insult. One snippy attack.

I didn't expec you to see anything, honestly. I am erasing the dense generalizations constantly thrown before me.

When did I once- actually, whatever. You either understood my message or you didn't. That's what this is about.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
And this is why, if heaven is real, I would rather go to hell. heaven would be my idea of torture with all of those christians up there.

Lol, 'all those christians'. Thanks, I needed an example.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes

I didn't expec you to see anything, honestly. I am erasing the dense generalizations constantly thrown before me.

When did I once- actually, whatever. You either understood my message or you didn't. That's what this is about.

Hey - man, you said this.

"I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures. Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it."

You're a Christian, congratulations. Would you look a cookie because you don't "deny the Truth and you understand it?"

Can you see Jesus from up there? Get of your high horse...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Your "Truth" is a question of faith, is it not? There was not one thing in your post which made me think, "Oh my, I suddenly see the light, and this poster who blithely insults those who do not believe as he does has shown me the way."

The best Christians I know walk The Walk, not just talk The Talk. They refrain from insults and snide comments, and trust that God will reveal Himself to those whom He chooses to. By emulating Jesus, and showing mercy, kindness and understanding, you are more likely to bring people to God.

But because you chose the snippy route, I remembered why I disliked going to church for the first 18 years of my life, and why I am so glad that I don't go now.

Utter comprehension fail.
There, is that a blithe insult? No, it still isn't, is it? You merely give pause to anyone reflecting possibility.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Hey - man, you said this.

"I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures. Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it."
You're a Christian, congratulations. Would you look a cookie because you don't "deny the Truth and you understand it?"

Can you see Jesus from up there? Get of your high horse...

more comprehension failure. High horse...congratulations. You didn't understand anything, yet pick out one sentence to base your error. How am I on a high horse? I'm no longer responding to whiny comments about what you perceive to be insult. This was posted to clear up blatant misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Instead of being a butthurt Xtian perhaps reread the words in red in the good book.Dont invoke the Name of Christ unless those words are your heart.And while your distancing from being catholic, I would not claim superiority or snipe at those who have been done wrong by "God fearing men" In fact had you read those pesky red letter words you would know you are implored to love them and your post is not in line with God's Word

APB

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

21Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Please explain why you cited these verses.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dammit--I read the whole thing, and now I can't find the pithy, antiChristian quips....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Instead of being a butthurt Xtian perhaps reread the words in red in the good book.Dont invoke the Name of Christ unless those words are your heart.And while your distancing from being catholic, I would not claim superiority or snipe at those who have been done wrong by "God fearing men" In fact had you read those pesky red letter words you would know you are implored to love them and your post is not in line with God's Word

APB

..again...please explain where I am attacking Catholic people
butthurt xtian. I was hoping the brlliant minds would come forward. THERE. Refer to THAT as an insult; op is valid, and devoid of the insult some here desperately seek.

I knew this would happen, but its worth it to me for ONE reasonable reply to tolerate senseless misdirection and focus disruption.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Are...you..serious?

I am referring to X other threads where people ignorantly group all christians together. Where people discredit a book divinly inspired. The latter is fine, because belief in one is required to believe or understand the other. I wanted to stress THAT; I'm not telling ANYONE they HAVE to believe ANY book.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

this quote...

The Holy Bible was written with men's hands, but, they were guided by the Holy Spirit. If you don't believe in one, then don't bother mentioning the other.

And you grouped Athiests in with those you call fools... I've seen many "Athiests" that know their scripture far better then many so called "christians" do... They're usually Atheist for a reason... but it doesn't mean they don't know your book just as well if not better then you might. Nor does it mean that at some point in their future God won't give them the evidence they need to believe in him.

Also as Americanpitbull (or whatever his name is) pointed out... As a Christian you're required to love the people you're rippin about either way...

Judge not my friend...

edit on 14-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oooh, the title? Look up pithy. I'm not putting antichristian views down. Come on..I expect ignorant $#!t from glp, not here.
Unless anyone else wants to skim op without actually reading, and then comment. We can always do that (more).

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So... I have a brief response to the OP. Bear in mind, I also am a Christian. Like you, I wouldn't ascribe to any one denomination, but hold Scripture as the highest authority.

...however, my question to you is...

why should the world, atheists or otherwise, play by our rules?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Allow me:

you'll think the same for the other. In such a case, just leave it out of your arguement, because you don't understand it. Aethists, nihlists and fools have PLENTY of people to speak for them. Please send the smart ones.

This is you, talking down to the people who do not share you're particular brand of belief. Talking down to someone is insulting.

I would gladly elaborate, but I know 75% you don't like to read unless you see purty picksures.

Oh look, you did it again. Insulting.

You see, you are doing exactly what you are accusing people of. You complain because people make negative comments and accusations but you, point at those that disagree with you and you imply they are fools?

Despite you referring to yourself as a 'Christian' and implying that you are a 'True Christian' as you do not belong to an organised denomination, that you state that not all Christians are the same and should not be compared to oneanother (or indeed persecuted by the negative actions of other Christians) you, the so called 'True Christian' are doing EXACTLY THAT to all the people that do not agree with you / support you. VERY Christian
Not all non-christians attack christians, fact. Learn it, remember it.

I would finish by challenging your implied 'True Christian' status. IF the word is the spirit as you so suggest, the word states:

Matthew 5:39 - "but I say unto you, Resist not him that is evil: but whosoever smiteth thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

That's what the word says. Look it up if you so desire, but the point is; you are not doing this, you are doing the opposite. Perhaps your spirit has indeed strayed from the word and perhaps, that is something you should spend time considering, rather than insulting those who do not share your personal beliefs.

Peace.
edit on 14-3-2012 by AtlantisX99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
So... I have a brief response to the OP. Bear in mind, I also am a Christian. Like you, I wouldn't ascribe to any one denomination, but hold Scripture as the highest authority.

...however, my question to you is...

why should the world, atheists or otherwise, play by our rules?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

I am not a Christian, but I could not agree with you more. From what I understand of the true message of Christ, your final statement highlights to me that you are indeed, a true Christian and that is the form of Christianity I can respect, even though I do not share you're personal religious belief.

edit on 14-3-2012 by AtlantisX99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Then, there are 'Christians'. Finally, like me, people who believe wholeheartedly in Jesus Christ

Now im no christian , but there're so many sects of christians . So many different levels of belief in Jesus christ . From a metaphor , some dude with good philosophy , a religious leader , a prophet , and even some dare say god , and what not . Christian is to loose of a title thrown around like love , in certain communities lol. You have to figure out what sect of christianity they are . You see if it was a true religion it would not have sects. That is a clear sign that something is wrong , and nobody is blessed enough to show that there is actually one path that out shines if you will , metaphorically of course lol. So which level are you ? If jesus came to you and said , strap this on and go boom would you do it ? lol think twice? , or refuse and claim its trickery!...

Aethists, when you 'define' "Christians" by the chracteristics of one sect, you wear your ignorance like a crown. Christ

anti-thiests , atheists . etc also come in many flavors lol. Way to much putting all eggs in one basket. We all do it , but should try to clairfy sometimes. Secondly when dealing with the word ignorance , you can't just toss that around like its a horseshoe!

The prophets and Apostoles were divinely inspired, by the Holy Spirit. I've had my proof that the Holy Spirit is real

you know what it takes to make claims like this , proof comes in many flavors also , sometimes its so foggy and diluted , that it goes past proof , and into opinion. I can give you a simple prayer test to show me your god hears prayers ? Wouldn't that get followers ? I mean if you were in jesus time and he did those crazy "miracleS" ,would you not believe ? Of course you would . That time period god sneak peak at god like powers if the crazy fairy tales be true.

YES, the catholic church has screwed with the bible. Funny how the only really important parts survived even their wrath.

But you see , now its a tained book. You don't know whats legit or not , inspired , and the main message in it . All your doing is picking out what you "feel" is the correct parts lol . But its nothing but double standards cherry picking and making your own version of the bible and what it means. Its silly.... but some chose to take that path , and follow it blindly . They use lots of reason and logic to get to that point , then only for one crazy leap of faith lol ...

Likely the same group denying the Truth before bothering to really try and understand it.

I'm sure truth is out there somewhere , some path , some door . I don't think we should use that word when really , we don't have truth . Just our preception of it . Then telling others it is truth is a big bold step , that needs some back up besides hear say euphoric cocktail of chemicals in the brain feelings , passed as "truth " ...

How can we get deep into the bible when were already having trouble at the basics ...

You don't go to the indy 500, if you car is missing parts do u ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join