It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling and A Heartbreaking Tragedy.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Originally posted by Ameliaair

reply to post by conspiracy nut

Maybe you don't care but I do because the media is blaming whites when Zimmerman is not white.

I understand what you're saying about whites being blamed...but the entire white race didn't do this...George Zimmerman did and America understands that. Black Americans just want justice regardless of his race. They want something done about this. The sooner the better.

This is the same way other races feel when a crime has been committed and an entire race gets labeled one way because of the insane actions of one village idiot.

But he is NOT WHITE

JEWS DO NOT IDENTIFY AS WHITE AND NEITHER DO HISPANICS

Where have you been? You don't know about Hispanics claiming to be white on Census records, school records, employment records? Come on now, you talk about naive! Of course they do...all the time. I used to work in human resources and Hispanics do this all the time. When a Jew fills out a form that asks what their race is do you ever see a bubble that says Jew? So what race do you think they bubble in...White.

he is not in any way white

he can claim whate ever he wants but a fact is a fact

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ameliaair

He's Hispanic Jewish? Where did that come from? That's the first I've heard that. But even if he is, I still don't get why it isn't a hate crime if he mumbled any words as is being reported as a possibility that he did on the 911 call.
Being Jewish isn't a race it's a religion...so maybe he is a practicing Jew...I dunno and don't care to be honest. BTW, could you point me in the direction of where you saw or read that he's a Hispanic/Latino practicing Judaism...that's interesting.

So if it turns out he's a Hispanic/Latino practicing Judaism, how would that excuse this murder from being a hate crime?

Hispanics are just as racist as the next race.

Really? Tell the jewish people they are not an ethnic people. See what they tell you.

I used to be naive also but after being told time and time again by jewish people they are not only religious but ethnic, I'll oblige.

Look, I'm not going to argue this with you because it's a waste of time, nor am I naive. I will say however that I am bi-racial. After having a DNA test performed my results came back as belonging primarily to the Sephardic Jews and half Native American maternally. Am I a practicing Jew, no, were my maternal ancestors, yes, like 200+ years ago! I think religion in general is a waste of time. It's currently a highly debated issue in the genealogy community whether being Jewish is a race. But as of now, there isn't one piece or shred of evidence linking Jews as a race. You're either Black, White, Native American, or Aisian...that's that.
edit on 3/21/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Ok, good. You just proved my point. YOUR DNA CAME BACK AS JEWISH

No, my DNA came back as 50% Indo European and 50% Native American. It was other people around the globe (mostly Europe and Aisia) that part of my HVR1 mtDNA matched that claimed to be Sephardic Jew. You have no point because you can't find any evidence because it doesn't exist.

Sorry I thought I made that clear. But as I said, look into it, you'll see what I mean about how hot this particular debate is in the genealogical research community.

ETA
But, like I said religion doesn't matter, all races are racist towards each other and this is a problem when people are being murdered because of their race. As this case unfolds, it looks like that may be the issue here. Can't we all just get along

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Tennessee v Gardner sets the nationwide standard for use of deadly force..for cops,,civilians,even Zimmerman....if he can tailor his story and the facts to fit that standard(a cop wannabe who's been waiting for years to shoot somebody....wanna bet he knows the standard?" )all the wailing and knashing of teeth won't change the outcome....
edit on 21-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Dawgsbane

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He's Hispanic Jewish? Where did that come from? That's the first I've heard that. But even if he is, I still don't get why it isn't a hate crime if he mumbled any words as is being reported as a possibility that he did on the 911 call.
Being Jewish isn't a race it's a religion...so maybe he is a practicing Jew...I dunno and don't care to be honest. BTW, could you point me in the direction of where you saw or read that he's a Hispanic/Latino practicing Judaism...that's interesting.

So if it turns out he's a Hispanic/Latino practicing Judaism, how would that excuse this murder from being a hate crime?

Really? Tell the jewish people they are not an ethnic people. See what they tell you.

I used to be naive also but after being told time and time again by jewish people they are not only religious but ethnic, I'll oblige.

Look, I'm not going to argue this with you because it's a waste of time, nor am I naive. I will say however that I am bi-racial. After having a DNA test performed my results came back as belonging primarily to the Sephardic Jews and half Native American maternally. Am I a practicing Jew, no, were my maternal ancestors, yes, like 200+ years ago! I think religion in general is a waste of time. It's currently a highly debated issue in the genealogy community whether being Jewish is a race. But as of now, there isn't one piece or shred of evidence linking Jews as a race. You're either Black, White, Native American, or Aisian...that's that.

No my DNA came back as 50% Indo European and 50% Native American. It was other people around the globe (mostly Europe and Aisia) that part of my HVR1 DNA matched that claimed to be Sephardic Jew.

Sorry I thought I made that clear. But as I said, look into it, you'll see what I mean about how hot this particular debate is in the genealogical research community.

Well at this point it doesn't matter. I'm tired of goin round in circles.

But Hey! I still lubs ya wonderperson. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No my DNA came back as 50% Indo European and 50% Native American. It was other people around the globe (mostly Europe and Aisia) that part of my HVR1 DNA matched that claimed to be Sephardic Jew.

Well at this point it doesn't matter. I'm tired of goin round in circles.

But Hey! I still lubs ya wonderperson. lol

I love ya too Ameliaair. It's important that we discuss this issue just as we are in a civil manner. I think having debates like this makes us better humans. Just my opinion though.

All we have to do on this planet is learn how to respect one another...and thank you for being respectful

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Tennessee v Gardner sets the nationwide standard for use of deadly force..for cops,,civilians,even Zimmerman....if he can tailor his story and the facts to fit that standard(a cop wannabe who's been waiting for years to shoot somebody....wanna bet he knows the standard?" )all the wailing and knashing of teeth won't change the outcome....

I'm not familiar with that case...but I will look it up. Yeah, I agree with your comment. Zimmerman certainly seems like he's been itching to do what he did?

Outside the race issue, it's still just such a terrible terrible tragedy. I feel really bad for Martins family. The way it looks right now, it doesn't seem like this man had a right to shoot this teenage boy. But only a proper investigation will tell.

I just hope no stone goes left unturned

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Bottom line.
Zimmerman acted in self defense.
Trayver attacked zimmerman
after zimmerman got out of his truck
to check the street signs name, so he
could report it back to the 9 11 dispatch.
He was ambushed by tray and then
shot him. Zimmerman has bruises to prove
this and cuts. NEIGHBORS were right there
and dead men can not hit you. He had no time
to injure himself especially with the police
checking trays hands for zimmermans blood
and all the things they do..
Zimmerman is innocent. People saying
he is a murderer are clueless to the story
and are buying into the whole white on black
crime BS when the guy is latino anyways...
JURY WILL NEVER CONVICT THIS GUY
of first degree murder. No way to prove he pre-meditated
a murder before hand.. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVE
THAT HE DID NOT MURDER HIM.
edit on 21-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i dont think a jury will buy that a 250 lb police officer wannabe had to use deadly force to subdue a 140 lb unarmed teenager. plus there is another 911 call placed by the victims girlfriend that i feel will have massive bearing in the case. hopefully in the end after all the facts are laid out, justice will be served.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Supreme Court 1984 if memory serves...aMemphis cop shot a fleeing burglar that turned out to b an unarmed 16 yr old...he lost and it became the landmark case

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For those who like to throw race into everything, the real question is why don't we see the same outrage for the other 7,000 black people killed per year?

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
we need to take race out of arguments. an injustice is an injustice is an injustice.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Incorrect!

When he is recorded saying "f***ing coon", and that "they always get away with things", race plays a huge issue here. When will everyone stop acting like racism does not exist anymore???
Sadly It still does. Open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by somuchhtosay41

correct. People suffer from selective amnesia in a hurry.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And of course this thread only has 27 flags compared to 41 flags for the thread about whites being discriminated.

Disgusting really.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If a guy was a sheet wearing KKK member with nazi tatoos and shot someone in self defense, does it make it a hate crime?

Just asking. . . .

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Bottom line.

I agree with that completely and it goes in line with what all the local people here are saying. Zimmerman is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY. There is no way that he is going to be proven guilty.

The racial bias around this case sickens me. Even one of the local radio stations that I usually think is pretty funny (it's main host is a black guy) turned in a bias typical black guy who thinks the world is against him and his race.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Please, that would take a pre-meditation,
this obviously was not pre-meditated
he called 9-11 for crying out loud.

A tragic mistake. Keep pushing that 1rst degree
murder crap and he will be charged with nothing..

NO WAY they over charge like that IF he is even charged..
Like i said, second degree manslaughter
AT BEST, and I think the guy did what he thought was right..
A mistake.
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Right. It's always so right to kill teenagers who are armed with skittles then? He was WRONG. Hopefully he'll have a nice long stint in a cell to reflect on just how wrong he was.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Bottom line.

I respect your opinion...however, I will not accept it as a fact...yet. In all due respect I have four questions for you. Where is the evidence that states per your quote:

I'm leaving race out of this for starters.

However, where's the evidence that says Treyvon Martin has Zimmerman's blood on his body/person and if so, how and why did it get there? How does that automatically coincide with self defense for Zimmerman? Maybe it was Treyvon Martin who was defending himself. Last I heard, Zimmerman was allowed to simply give his statement and walk away. Correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless of your views or opinions regarding this case, please make an attempt to place the shoe on the other foot.

Even if Treyvon Martin had Zimmerman's blood on his person "anywhere", do you not think it fair that Zimmerman be held to answer for all that took place considering he murdered another human being let alone an unarmed "CHILD". I mean afterall, he's the only other party to this case that can state what "actually did happen".

Dead folks can't talk ya' know, but they can certainly leave answers to questions behind.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by somuchhtosay41

Incorrect!

When he is recorded saying "f***ing coon", and that "they always get away with things", race plays a huge issue here. When will everyone stop acting like racism does not exist anymore???

Lotty Dotty Every Body is a Racist.....every body!!! to deny it is a lie. The United States is a free unsegregated Country yet by peoples own accord they segregate them selves by race, color, work ethic, food tastes, hobbies and class(arguably) to name a few.
As stated, nobody was wearing a sheet and pointy hat.
America has free expression as a right defined in the constitution.
Until this kid is guilty of murder by a jury of his peers he will only be guilty of taking a life either justified or by self defense and that my ATS friends will be on him and a part of his life and conscience for the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by somuchhtosay41

Incorrect!

Lotty Dotty Every Body is a Racist.....every body!!! to deny it is a lie. The United States is a free unsegregated Country yet by peoples own accord they segregate them selves by race, color, work ethic, food tastes, hobbies and class(arguably) to name a few.
As stated, nobody was wearing a sheet and pointy hat.
America has free expression as a right defined in the constitution.
Until this kid is guilty of murder by a jury of his peers he will only be guilty of taking a life either justified or by self defense and that my ATS friends will be on him and a part of his life and conscience for the rest of his life.

I terribly do not want to agree with you, but you are right, IMO. A fair trial needs to happen.

Enough said...for now!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join