It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling and A Heartbreaking Tragedy.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by popsmayhem

girl friend of vic says phone was on ....what will that evidence say?

the evidence , the factual phone logs, substantiate the young woman's claims.

Look it's no ones fault that you never had a girl friend in high school and doesn't know how "dating' works.

what evidence, where are the charges

pretty knee jerk if you ask me

you have said everything but " Get A Rope "
what does that say about your position?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

exactly
right

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You can hear someone whispering F***king coons on one of the 911 tapes. Its safe to assume it was Zimmerman.

My entire problem with this case is it is being passed off that he is white when he is clearly not.

The man is obviously hispanic/jewish and yet, the media is fostering hate against whites as usual.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

my dear,

that is what the outrage is about.

all the evidence , but no charges. That is why the people are upset.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair

my mind is in reality.

You read through the lines and propaganda enough to discern that the killer is in actuality jewish , and yet, you missed all of the clear information stating that Treyvon was NOT trespassing and that it WAS a gated community.

- it just seemed a little bizarre to me. which is why I asked if you were joking.

but as you wish...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

my dear,

that is what the outrage is about.

all the evidence , but no charges. That is why the people are upset.

what evidence MSM?...come on shoe on the other foot you would be saying the same thing.
your position is exactly what happens when you base your assessment on EMOTIOM instead of reality and in this case evidence.
since there have been no charges there is no evidence.

Treyvon

you and Treyvon on a first name basis?
KNEE JERK SPAZEM ?
edit on 21-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair

You can hear someone whispering F***king coons on one of the 911 tapes. Its safe to assume it was Zimmerman.

My entire problem with this case is it is being passed off that he is white when he is clearly not.

The man is obviously hispanic/jewish and yet, the media is fostering hate against whites as usual.

If that comment can be confirmed and attributed to the watch captain then I would look to see if Florida Law has any hate crime legislation, or at the very least a hate crime modifier for standing statutes. The self defense argument, in my opinion, should not apply if the guy in fact made those comments. It tells me that there is going to be an encounter / confrontation regardless and that it is based primarily on skin color and less on criminal activity.

Going into a situation with that mindset undermines the self defense argument since it can be argued that because of his feeling towards certain ethnicities, the confrontation and end results were created by the captain and not anything the victim did. Also, again if the captain hass issues towards certain ethnicities then its possible that he was overly aggressive towards the victim than he would be if the person was white, chinese or martian.

If the police can't investigate because of how Florida law works, then the FBI should look into possible civil rights violations.

Aside from that its irrelevent how much evidence is collected by the police. So long as the person is within the law there is absolutely nothing law enforcement can do. Personally speaking I find it dangerous to suggest that a person should be arrested based on personal opinions and morals and not on the law.

By going down that road, it makes people no better than the watch captain.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Ameliaair

my mind is in reality.

You read through the lines and propaganda enough to discern that the killer is in actuality jewish , and yet, you missed all of the clear information stating that Treyvon was NOT trespassing and that it WAS a gated community.

- it just seemed a little bizarre to me. which is why I asked if you were joking.

but as you wish...

Maybe you don't understand. It was a simple question. Thats all the hell it was. A question.

I could care less if he is guilty or not.

I could care less if the kid attacked him or not.

What I care about is that whites are being blamed as usual for this nonsense when Zimmerman is clearly not white and the majority of you are lined right up with it bashing whites as usual.

The problem I see . Nevermind
edit on 21-3-2012 by Ameliaair because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Was it a gated community and was he trespassing?

Yes, it was a gated community, and no, Trayvon was not trespassing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ev·i·dence   /ˈɛvɪdəns/ Show Spelled [ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, -denced, -denc·ing.
noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
3. Law . data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

The evidence - to prove or make clear - has been provided. Evidence are not facts. Evidence support facts. You have read the evidence and commented yet refuse to acknowledge the facts.

But I wanted to engage you in another tidbit :

It was not until the next day when the child's father reported him missing that the police sent over a MORGUE picture , with a bloodied mouth, of trayvon to his father's house.

Even though they had a cell phone in custody and a gated community that is not so so big , they did not bother to identify the victim. Furthermore they did not follow standard police procedure to invite the child's father to the morgue to identify the body - they just "showed a picture".

as for MSM - I have several well researched articles on the case from some excellent underground Black journalists. Would those Do???

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

thanks,,,,,appreciate it

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

ev·i·dence   /ˈɛvɪdəns/ Show Spelled [ev-i-duhns] Show IPA noun, verb, -denced, -denc·ing.
noun
1. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
2. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
3. Law . data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

having been in law enforcement for about 10 years now I understand what evidence is.

The evidence - to prove or make clear - has been provided. Evidence are not facts. Evidence support facts. You have read the evidence and commented yet refuse to acknowledge the facts.

Make what clear? That under Florida law the watch Captains actions were justified, which is what we have. The Police, nor the legislature, nor you get to decide if the watch captains actions were lawful. That is the job of the judge / jury of his peers.

Fact - the area was having issues with property crimes.
Fact - The neighborhood watch took proactive steps to reduce the crime issue in conjunction with law enforcement.
Fact - the kid was going for skittles at the local convient mart.
Fact - The Watch Captain spotted the kid and assumed there was something afoot.
Fact - The Watch Captain called 911 to report it and was told NOT to confront the individual.
Fact - The Watch Captain confronted the kid, resulting in shots fired and the death of the kid.
Fact - Under Florida Law the watch Captain violated no laws.
Fact - Under Federal Law the Watch Captain may have violated the kids civil rights.

Fact - Morals and personal opinion do not trump law. The law is flawed in this case and needs to be fixed by the legislature. It will not change the fact that the guy was covered under florida law.

Your position leads me to think you want the Watch Captian charged for murder. Out of curiosity where is your outrage towards the Florida legislature for passing a bill with such idiotic failings it defies logic? where is your outrage towards the Govenor for signing the legislation into law?

If you want to charge the watch captain then you better get a big ole moving truck because you will also need to arrest the entire government of florida for being an accomplice to the action of the watch captian by passing and tolerating a law that has a massively large hole right in the center of it.

Those are the facts of this case, whether you like them or not. Those facts are within the "legal box" that is the florida law.

I am not the one ignoring facts or evidence.

But I wanted to engage you in another tidbit :

It was not until the next day when the child's father reported him missing that the police sent over a MORGUE picture , with a bloodied mouth, of trayvon to his father's house.

Even though they had a cell phone in custody and a gated community that is not so so big , they did not bother to identify the victim. Furthermore they did not follow standard police procedure to invite the child's father to the morgue to identify the body - they just "showed a picture".

Its a criminal investigation. Its irrelevant if family members are present or not, the body is in fact evidence. The more people who have access to it increases the possibility of a defense attorney being able to challenge the admittance of any evidence gained by arguing chain of custody was not followed thereby contaminating the evidence recovered.

Any property the individual had on his person is in fact evidence and cannot be tampered with. Secondly in larger cities Patrol officers respond to the scene to secure it and witnesses. the continuation of that investigation is turned over to the major crimes division who will investigate the crime. Without a positive identification there is absolutely NO reason for law enforcement to make a notification, even more so when its a death notification. There have been incients where 2 people who look alike and the wrong family was notified their daughter was dead when in reality she wwas not. That means the other family was told their daughter survived when in fact she did not.

Please show me the protocols / policies were not followed by law enforcement.

as for MSM - I have several well researched articles on the case from some excellent underground Black journalists. Would those Do???

Not really no.. I base my posts off my experience and training where as the media and civilians base theirs off emotion and the social affect.

While I respect your opinion I dont agree with it. There are factors that are not being taken into account and because of that lack of info you are coming to a conclusion that is not supported by the facts.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

thanks,,,,,appreciate it

To add to this because its come up with an officer I know.

Gated communities are goofy. They like to think they can keep anyone out. The issue is if the streets within that community are city streets, then they cannot prevent a person from walking on those streets. Not all streets within neighborhoods are city / county, which allows for the restriction.

If the street in this incident is a city street, then it does not matter if the kid lived in the neighborhood or not he is not tresspassing.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Please show me the protocols / policies were not followed by law enforcement.

The only protocol I can find is Zimmerman was not tested on the spot for drugs and alcohol which I believe is protocol for homicides investigations. I may be wrong. Source

Even with Florida's stand your ground law, I do not see how Zimmerman could have justified using deadly force. It appears to me that he chased the kid down and Zimmerman was the aggressor.

I am done with this thread too many trolls. I personally feel legal action needs to be taken against Zimmerman. The USDOJ and the FBI are investigating and I am eager to find out what they conclude.
edit on 21-3-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
...and after he got out of the SUV he was on the sidewalk... A place he had a legal right to be......he was where he had a right to be and I didn't say he was scared...I said he had to articulate in a convincing manner that he was scared...whether YOU think he was scared is a moot
Point

Unless he gets charged and someone who is thinking like ME ends up on the jury.

I think that believing this guy was scared falls to pieces the minute he left his vehicle and started pursuing the young man especially after he was told to basically stand down and officers would be on the scene within minutes.

Don't forget that Trayvon had a legal right to be there as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
But,again,emotions are clouding the letter of the law,or people are adding facts not in evidence to make a case that isn't there....Zim was legally where he was no matter what he was doing,he was legally armed(as far as is known)and he's smart enough to make it seem he was in fear for his life... The law is clear...nobody said he was dumb

Your logic makes no sense. By your logic I could go to Florida stand on the side walk and because I am there legally I can randomly stalk then shoot someone and by merely saying it was self defense I can get away with it? Legally being somewhere and legally being armed, does not give me the right to kill someone.
Well it's not my logic,it's the law,which is pretty much as you first stated,except you left out fear of your life....look y'all keep getting hung up on the fine points because you hate the facts...3things..Z was legally where he was...he wasn't trespassing or otherwise prohibited from being there...his gun was owned and carried legallyz...until we hear otherwise and we would have by now....and he's Told a convincing story of being afraid for his life,,,,how many times is it going to take y'all together it...it's not logic or whether someone likes it or not....its the law .....quit trying to make the facts fit what you want
edit on 21-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Dawgsbane

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This post is for everyone who seems to be stuck on whether "Zimmerman" is White or Hispanic. Doesn't matter which race he claims! I live in California and Hispanics all over the state are just as racist towards blacks as whites are, so it doesn't matter, racist people are a dime a dozen all over the planet. What makes any of you think that because he may be 100% Hispanic/Latino (which he isn't) that he can't be racist? A hate crime is a hate crime whether you're white, black, hispanic, indian, asian or "Bi-Racial". So please stop the non sense talk about whether he was Hispanic or White...he's in fact bi-racial, so that makes him mixed with White and Hispanic.

In the end a hate crime is a hate crime and that may turn out to be the bigger issue here, which is why the DOJ has become involved. Why argue over which race he claims...his last name is "Zimmerman" and the last time I checked Zimmerman is of Bavarian/German in origin...so obviously his daddy is white and possibly his mother is Hispanic or maybe it's the other way around. His last name sure isn't Estrada or Rodriguez

Zimmerman Surname Origin

In the end, as I have stated before this is a horrible horrible MURDEROUS CRIME and this jack wagon needs to be put on trial. They better hurry up too...communities across the nation are getting very impatient. Thank the universe this didn't happen out here in Los Angeles, Zimmerman would've been toast by now! Rioting is just another way to have your voice heard around here regardless of how ignorant it may appear.

Whether racially motivated or not, Zimmerman deserves a fair trial just like any other American, because a murder was definitely committed and he needs to answer for what he did and why...then the D.A. has to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

edit on 3/21/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Bullypulpet,

One other thing, you didn't answer my question, "True, he had no duty to retreat. But does that mean that a person has the right to stalk someone down and shoot him dead?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I am done with this thread too many trolls. I personally feel legal action needs to be taken against Zimmerman. The USDOJ and the FBI are investigating and I am eager to what they conclude.
Amen to that. This story stinks to high hell and I hope justice is done for the family of Trayvon Martin. R.I.P.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Zimmerman got out of his truck
to check the street sign to tell
the 9-11 dispatch what road
trayvon went down..

I am not buying that for one single minute.

He is the head of the neighborhood watch association but he doesn't even know the names of the streets in his own neighborhood?????? Give me a break!

He got out of his truck for one reason and one reason only. He was tired of seeing "these assholes get away" and he was bound and determined to not let that happen again.
edit on 3/21/2012 by Classified Info because: left something out

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join