It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter is the devil (not really)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunchyChap
read the Stroy of Sam Nuldun the Philosopher or something like that. complete rowling rippoff. then she ripped off her own birthday and gave it to harry.,

Sam Muldoon and the Philosopher's Stone.

It is the manuscript that Rowling nicked from Amnesty International in London - while she was working there - taking from the author;s notes, written in his long hand and never copied.

It is this author and this manuscript that Rowling's legal Howlers never pursued. That cat must stay in that hat.

Or must it?

Sam Muldoon - The True Source For Harry Potter

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Your interpretations of my work are what I call Balognium. I suspect this situation will not last. There were a lot of things which directly, or tacitly contradicted information that I had been given in posts, but this kind of continuity glitch automatically translates into balognium. There may be further revisions to this particular post as details get properly digested, or as observations finally sink in, but they haven’t worked their way to the surface yet.

Give me time.

As far as Rowling goes, she has always been unable to tell two storeys over two minutes and keep them square.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Sam Muldoon and the Philosopher's Stone.

It is the manuscript that Rowling nicked from Amnesty International in London - while she was working there - taking from the author;s notes, written in his long hand and never copied.

It is this author and this manuscript that Rowling's legal Howlers never pursued. That cat must stay in that hat.

Or must it?

Sam Muldoon - The True Source For Harry Potter

But in that case what we are missing is mainly a convincing explanation, which Rowling hasn’t even attempted to give us. Just a vague reference to an even vaguer concept. Which never actually paid off until she "anguished" over the text and came up with Harry Potterverse.

William Kelly lives in Derry, Ireland and I have no intention of visiting him. If he was not bright enough to cover his arse, the so be it. But then Kelly is not an Occlumens or is he is a Legilimens. He's dumb. All.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedHen

Sorry for going OT, but what the bloody hell is that thing on your head?
edit on Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:41:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

"The Red Hen" - . I was teaching and lecturering on one of my books - any other queries, deary?
edit on 26-3-2012 by TheRedHen because: Greater info for the crude man

edit on 26-3-2012 by TheRedHen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

edit on Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:41:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Better image below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have not had the enjoyment to meet Mrs/Ms. Odell but I believe, but do not swear, that she is wearing a wig, several expensive and byootiful necklaces, a locket (not Slytherin's
) and a hat with a Crest patch of unknown origin...and coveralls.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Aw, come on Folks- I read through this thread, the funny thing is everyone is forgetting something. Comspiracy theories aside, Christian/ Paganism contreversy aside- its JUST a fiction book written in stages targeted at an audience that ages along with the books and movies.

The key word here is FICTION-FICTION-FICTION- meaning its not real, there ar no underlying christian underminings going on.
Its just a book, and Surprise, Surprise- kids are smart enough to figure out that its just a series of books, and just a series of movies that are fun for the imagination.

My real question is how come adults cant figure this out? If a kid can understand it, why cant the average intelligent adult? Ill never understand this- would you classify the Chronicles of Narnia as a conspiracy theory-probobly not, why because its based on Christianity, so what if Harry Potter is based on Paganism of any kind, its still just what many of us avid readers know it to be- a work of fiction, and we enjoy it for what it is, plagerised in any form or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

What is fiction to you is real to Harry Potter scholars, deary, as are the very real pounds I make on being one.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa

My real question is how come adults cant figure this out? If a kid can understand it, why cant the average intelligent adult? Ill never understand this- would you classify the Chronicles of Narnia as a conspiracy theory-probobly not, why because its based on Christianity, so what if Harry Potter is based on Paganism of any kind, its still just what many of us avid readers know it to be- a work of fiction, and we enjoy it for what it is, plagerised in any form or not.

And, frankly, being perfectly capable of coming up with no shortage of snotty rejoinders of my own, I find myself tempted to tell the"Rossa to “just go away” if he is so perfectly convinced that there is nothing more to be said on the subject because Rowling’s word is law. If that were the case, then, clearly, no one would feel any need to say anything, whatsoever. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be my experience, and neither does it seem to be a lot of other fans’ experience, either.

And I think one might as well get used to the fact that the dissatisfied are NOT going to be going away any time soon, so the whole thing is all just bound to get worse for a long while. We, the disappointed, have just as much invested in this series as any of the Rowling-worshipers like you.

I find myself still trying to determine just where it all went wrong. It’s irresistible. Like picking at a scab.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Aw, come on Folks- I read through this thread.. its JUST a fiction book written in stages targeted at an audience that ages along with the books and movies.

Yes, somewhat. The advance in the complexity of relationships, character development and introduction and cinematography from CoS to PoA is too remarkable and too great to be attributed to a parallel timeline of the chronological ageing of the readership. PoA and its director Alfonso Cuarón were targeted directly at the adult marketplace.

The key word here is FICTION-FICTION-FICTION- meaning its not real, there ar no underlying christian underminings going on.

Then you are calling Ms. Rowling a liar? Did you actually read the thread?

Originally posted by RossaIs just a book

Which has been labelled by more than a dozen literary scholars as the shared text of our time. No, it's a book but not another book.

and Surprise, Surprise- kids are smart enough to figure out that its just a series of books, and just a series of movies that are fun for the imagination.

Along with not reading this thread you haven't any real experience with the unbelievable numbers of people, especially pre-adults and juvis, who regularly, for over a dozen years, and to this date, five years after the book release of DH, populated dozens of Harry Potter forums, fan clubs and now support the immensely popular theme park and exhibition revolution.

My real question is how come adults cant figure this out? If a kid can understand it, why cant the average intelligent adult? Ill never understand this-

No, you haven't and until you get a grip on the reality of Harry Potter, you will never understand the fantasy of it either.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

So Rossa, did you guy the books? Go to the movies? Spend time on HP like commenting here? You did all this thinking that JK Rowling wrote all by her lonesome, the whole poor, lonely, genius JKR myth, right?

Feel like a sucker now that you were duped? That's the devil=Harry Potter.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Harry Potter Scholars.... Are you serious? Do people actually call themselves that? Wow.....
Harry Potter Scholar, that's like delusional speak for obsessed fan or hater of a children's story. I think I done heard everything now.

edit on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:18:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Harry Potter Scholars.... Are you serious? Do people actually call themselves that? Wow.....
Harry Potter Scholar, that's like delusional speak for obsessed fan or hater of a children's story. I think I done heard everything now.

edit on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:18:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

"Done" hear this then.

Come and meet TKDRL all-round pig-headed oaf. With cabbages as his intellectual equals, he excels at spectacular self-nukes, turning himself into piles of radioactive dust with every post. You've probably seen blind-drunk old men with two left feet and only one leg avoid fresh pools of warm vomit on the footpath with more skill and finesse than he has at avoiding the inevitable... yet another spectacular self-nukecoming rapidly as he ponders his next post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh no, a fat, obsessed, eccentric, delusional chick typed some insults at me. my feelings are just so crushed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Oh no, a fat, obsessed, eccentric, delusional chick typed some insults at me. my feelings are just so crushed.

Your feelings should be in tact but you should take a serious review of your literary education. If any.

It is far too much for anyone to have to explain literary scholarship and far too off topic. So moving along with a sad farewell to you...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

What is the point? I tend to study things with real world use, like building, engine work, electronics, self defense, marksmanship. All kinds of things. What real world use does being an expert in fairytales yield? Other than having some fancy piece of paper, that no one outside the twisted world of academia would care about?

I like a good fiction book every know and then, koontz and king are my favorites.
edit on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:25:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

If I may borrow you from your dregs in this God forsaken place, I couldn't be more bored with it, you and them but I was going about your timeline on the Rowling plagiarism debacle.

What timeline? Little of it makes sense, what are you to do about this or better yet, leave it alone. You have wasted enough time here, I could be reading Deathly Hallows and playing on a howler.

And I just cannot go any further with this. I’m sure there are additional examples in this meandering mess of a thread. But I have had all I can take for now. My brain hurts.

Maybe some other time when I’m not on a deadline.

But don’t hold your breath.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A timeline of the fraud, its players and comprehensible to you? Then why don't you provide it so to be assured that you can understand it?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

A timeline of the fraud, its players and comprehensible to you? Then why don't you The Red Hen provide it so to be assured that you can understand it?

NOOOOOOOOO have you seen her website? It's incomprehensible, there's no following it, I can't tell if I am reading 2002 articles or 2007 or about what most of the time.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoEggz

Yes, I am familiar with the "journey" required to navigate The Red Hen's website
in that I had to copy n paste, print and rearrange in a cohesive order those printed pages to be able to keep her opinions inline with coherent thought.

She and I agree on much, disagree on some.

The Red Hen Mashup

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join