It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter is the devil (not really)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well Iam bored with my leg still broken
(been reset twice now) and I came across this video.

Iam shocked that people let their kids go to these Jesus camps, those poor kids must be terrified.

I have watched the full documentary and wow.

It is nothing more then brainwashing also in my eyes child abuse.

So my question is does this still go on? would you and do you send your kids to a Jesus camp and if so why?

Another question did you goto any of these Jesus camps when you was younger? and if so did they do you good?
edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It is sad to see how they are brainwashing these kids, make them believe anything you want.
I can still remember when I was like that, but then I took the red pill.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Jesus camp was horrible. Yes, that kind of stuff probably still goes on. Half a decade may helped some, but not completely. That specific camp wasn't even the worst of it, I'm sure. That specific ministry, even if not the spot filmed at, is still going strong.

The most terrifying part, is that it has nearly as many people supporting it after seeing the movie as people against it.(Read the reactions section.)

~
We've seen the full scope of how many horrors humans can feel justified and right in doing. I would never say this comes close to, for example, the holocaust. However, at the same time, I just don't understand how anyone can do that to their children, or how anyone else allows it.

~
About Harry Potter being evil:

There's not much you can do in response to it. Just point and laugh. You can't do anything serious when these people don't want to be educated.

I was banned from reading Harry Potter when I was raised. Same with Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, and quite seriously everything else that was ever popular. It's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh my.. that was just sad.

Extreme religious groups like that seem to steal childhood from a kid, and suck up all their available imagination. Life for them must be so empty and boring. Zombies are real.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm wrong or not (forgive me if I am).

But all these fekking preachers and preaching ceremonies seem to be American.

Are they all nuts??

I hate the fact that religion has to be the center of everything!! "In God we trust"..forcing most people to have pre-set beliefs from a young age...In fact in makes me puke!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"The fear" didn't work on me as a kid. People don't realize how much kids are engulfed in information and entertainment to truly be able to focus on one thing, much less find profound meaning in simple/subtle things.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Let me guess... all you people here also make fun of Islam when they brainwash their kids that America is the Great Satan right? Or is it only fun to make fun of Christians?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Nope it isn't just Jesus camps you can swap Jesus for Muslim if you wish, it is just that I saw Bill Maher talk about it so I looked it up and watched it.
Iam asking for peoples views on this subject and any experience people have if they went to them.
If I had watched a video saying "death to america" by kids in a Muslim camp I would have made a thread about that, but I didn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

No of course it isn't just America that's guilty of brain washing, I personally have much dis-like towards Islam too...I'm just saying its certainly the American way to be taken in by all that b*llsh*t showmanship...heck you've only got to watch Jerry Springer to think most your population are retarded gorms. No offence.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Yes, may of these camps are located in the South, mostly in the Bible Belt. Unfortunately a good chunk of the uneducated, sheep like Americans are located their so it is an easy target. And they know it just gets passed down generation to generation.

Part of our government has an adgenda - keep the people uneducated, keep them loving their bibles, keep them clenched to their guns. This way we always have an army at their beckon call.

But please, don't bunch us all up as crazy religious Americans. There are plenty of progressive people in the US. I grew up in the Church, and eventually when I got older i was able to see through the B.S and started opening my mind to the fact that the world is a HUGE place and other factors need to be accounted for. This is the extreme religious right doing what they can to hold onto an outdated way of thinking.

And i believe no matter what you think of this post, or my response, we can all agree... all kids like Harry Potter more than they like being molested by the clergy

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansBeing

Nice post and I loled at the last bit but I did not make this thread to bash Americans nor Christians I have just watched the vid and have asked peoples views on it and for anyone who has been to one to tell us their own experience when going to one.
So everyone lets not turn this into a bashing thread.

*Asks the Star Fairy to do her job* Stars for all

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is a christian summer camp, get over it. Im sure there is worse things for them to be doing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Meh.

Everyone knows Hermione Granger was the brains behind the Potterverse.

She-Devil that she is.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Did you watch the video?
Telling kid's they are phoneys and hypocrites? they looked numb and really tired they look like they are in pain and cry. (those are not tears of joy).
I thought that being at that age you should be having fun not being abused.
Personally I think that kids should not be forced into any religion, let them make up their own minds when they grow up a little.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I didn't watch your clips but i watched the entire documentary that they came from.
It is a christian summer camp. The definition of abuse to an atheist is letting a child come within 1,000 feet of a bible, so i honestly do not really care if you think it is abuse or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Why am I an atheist? have I said so? No so don't judge me.
So you think stuff like this is OK do you?
Tell you what why don't they teach their child Christianity with love and compassion? instead of obvious abuse and brainwashing?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So you think stuff like this is OK do you?

Heavily edited footage? Yeah its fine by me

Tell you what why don't they teach their child Christianity with love and compassion? instead of obvious abuse and brainwashing?

They do, It just does not get as much attention as something the videos posted.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansBeing

Well, that's a respectful and fair response that I will accept

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hello, really liked your post. Very appropriate for whats going on in my home right now. I was sent to one of those "Jesus camps" when I was a kid, and listened to the drivel until I was 13, and had enough.
In my 40's now, when my 10 year old asked to go with some of her friends to Bible school camp (thats what they are called around here), I said yes. That afternoon I picked her up, she was in tears because the preacher had told her she was a bad child,and would be sentenced to eternity in HELL! What a load of crap to do to a 10 year old innocent child.
I read the preacher the riot act, and she never went back, bad thing is, it was the same church camp I went to, would have thought it might have improved some since Id been there- obviously not.

Tonight, my now 15 almost 16 year old is going to church with a friend of hers. We will see what the result is.(different church this time) supposedly a little easier going. If so, thats fine, if not, she will probobly choose not to go back. But it is her choice.

I intentionally raised my child in a non-religious environment, why? because she needs to choose her religion if any, not someone else. I was forced at a young age, now I follow a different calling. My daughter will choose her own way.

People dont seem to understand that terrifying a small child into believing something is more evil than nearly anything you can do. It scars them for life. Religious zealots need to have thier own hell visited upon them on a daily basis.
There is nothing wrong with worshiping God. But there is a right and wrong way to teach it. and unfortunately there are more people who teach it the wrong way than there are who teach it the right way.
Its all very sad that something that could be the highlight of someones life, quickly becomes a terror in the dark for the rest of thier life.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Rossa because: for spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Those poor brainwashed children! The Harry Potter series is highly imaginative and children should be free to enjoy the books and movies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join