It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter is the devil (not really)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoEggz
You know, this whole Rowling=Christian irritates the sheet out of me. How many interviews, columns, articles, reports have been written about her and how many of those have pronounced what a fabass Christian she is.

None.

Rowling: "My beliefs and my struggling with religious belief and so on I think is quite apparent in this book." Duh, the book is a mess and the biggest part of the mess is the mess she made of this quasi-Christian WTFever she is trying to say which she admits she has no clue.

Deathly Hallows reads like the mindless psychobabble scrabbling of a Chruch Sunday Calvinist-Christian, trying to assemble a moral framework out of this piece and that piece of doctrine she does not partially understand or believe. Halfassed-formed ideas about faith and destiny and redemption and death and heaven and limbo and homosexual love - it's closer to sacrilegious.

Look at you, TwoButtz all high and mighty and judgmental with an emphasis on mental. With a smidgen of Calvinism in your black weetle heart. Oh yes, Ms. Christian is a self-proclaimed Godlubber alright.

Church of Scotland type. A denomination within a denomination within a denomination, what you Americans might call snake handling Conservative Southern Holy Rollers. Jesus, save Somebody!

Becoming a devout religious fraud came easy to Rowling, 1,000,000,000,000 pounds easy. She'd claim to be Tibetan if it would help sell books in Central Asia.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedHen
With a smidgen of Calvinism in your black weetle heart. Oh yes, Ms. Christian is a self-proclaimed Godlubber alright.

Church of Scotland type. A denomination within a denomination within a denomination, what you Americans might call snake handling Conservative Southern Holy Rollers. Jesus, save Somebody!

Becoming a devout religious fraud came easy to Rowling, 1,000,000,000,000 pounds easy. She'd claim to be Tibetan if it would help sell books in Central Asia.

I'm not a fanfiction reader but I read enough to know that there are a bazillion of fairly well informed, sexually active pre-16s. This revelation
caused me to reexamine Ms. Rowling's tongue-in-cheek, or elsewhere, sexual and scatological references. It's not what Christ would have wanted.

First, there was the time-worn "Uranus" joke. Explain that to a six year old.
Followed by hundreds of hardly disguised, not disguised at all is what I mean, sexual innuendos.

"Wands are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and more powerful than others."

Hermione: "Okay, Ron, come here so I can do you...." Shortly followed by Ron:"It's not that, it [the beard] gets in the way!"

"Good," said Voldemort (after Lucius handed over his wand). He drew out his own wand and compared the lengths.

"Harry felt sickened by what he had seen, by the use to which Draco was now being put by Voldemort."

[As we know, Harry being the good Christian/Jesus/Saviour that he is abhors gay folks.]

Except when...:

Snape to Dumbledore: "'What are you doing with Potter, all those evenings that you are closeted together?' Snape asked abruptly."

"Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry," said Hermione, before catching sight of Ron's raised eyebrows, blushing slightly, and saying, "Oh, you know what I mean..."

In "The Wedding" chapter: "Oh, it's fine," said Luna, sucking her finger in a dreamy fashion and looking Harry up and down.

Krum, at the Wedding:"He drew his wand from inside his robes and tapped it menacingly, on his thigh; sparks flew out of the end."

Chapter 2, Deathly Hallows, Rita Skeeter on Aberforth: "I'm talking about much worse than a brother with a fondness for fiddling about with goats..."

[If snape's patronus is a doe because that was lily's, and tonks' is a werewolf because of remus, what does aberforth goat's patronus tell us?]

"Grab hold, and make it tight. I'll do Potter!" said Greyback, seizing a fistful of Harry's hair...

"Erecto" said Hermione as she put up a a tent + Hermione pointed her wand at Ron's tent and said "Erecto!"

"Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's."

Harry, remarking on Polyjuiced Ron's appearance: "'Well, he's not my type, but he'll do.'"

"Can you feel it, though?" Ron asked in a hushed voice, as he held it tight in his clenched fist.

"It's no wonder I can't get it out, Hermione, you packed my old jeans, they're too tight!"

Harry with Draco's friendly wand. ("He selected the shorter of the two, which felt friendlier in his hand...")

"Well, I've -- you know -- I've come back. If --" He cleared his throat. "You know. You still want me."
... Ron looked down at his hands. He seemed momentarily surprised to see the things he was holding.
"Oh yeah, I got it out," he said, rather unnecessarily...

Ad infinitum.

Just generally, the whole Ron and Hermione disappearing just before the battle. I completely read it as "I don't want to die a virgin!"

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What do you expect from people who also believe people can live inside whales?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sexual repression in spades.

Just generally, the whole Ron and Hermione disappearing just before the battle. I completely read it as "I don't want to die a virgin!"

oh god don't get me shipping on Harry-Hermione.

I had a reader try to tell me that if ron and Hermione who snuck off at the same time Luna and Harry were out saving the world that there would not have been enof time for them to get it on. rofl. Weasley would have lasted about 30 sec his first (20) times.

I wonder if Warner once they saw that Emma Watson was going to turn out to be a hot fox that they wanted to rewrite Harry and Hermione together. You know, around pre-HBP it became obvious Emma was spot on.

Woof.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

More blubber?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How about a so called, self acclaimed Calvinist author who believes in her own version of pseudo-Calvinism? Much to ask she hold true to the Church she belongs.

Calvo-Christian Jo Rowling pays lip service to the Hogwart houses being equal but it's lies and nonsense. Gryffindor is the superior house;. Rowling herself declares she would want to be a Gryffindor but also "she would be found worthy." For Christ Sakes', she has already told us she was Hermione Granger's model.

Calvinism Election - the fortunate few who, by grace of God, shall be called to salvation. In the Potterverse "Election" is called "Sorting" and instead of being controlled by Almighty God it is controlled by a hat. A hat. At age of eleven, your fate is already sealed. Either you're Gryffindor, or you're evil, or you're chattel. You can't change, you can't be redeemed you are either Good or you are Evil or you Just Don't Matter and none of your decisions, none of your actions, mean a damned thing.

No matter how much of a bullying little turd James Potter was, we are never really asked to see him as anything but a hero. Lily treats Snape like dirt, but is still the byword for selfless love in the series. And of course Dumbledore, our epitome of goodness, is a manipulative self-serving bastard who plots world domination and raises Harry to be a sacrificial lamb. But in the end we are expected to view all of these people as heroes because they were Gryffindors and therefore virtuous by definition.

Deep down Harry is a hero, Percy is officious, Voldemort is Evil, Snape is a bully, Dumbledore is good but tempted by power. None of these traits will change, none of them can change. Rowling seems to believe it impossible.

Good on her. Bad for the remaining Christian world. She needs to die. Fast.

edit on 30-3-2012 by TheRedHen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

More blubber?

Speaking of blubbering...

Riddle me this. Why was Snape, "Mr. Courageous" at the end-all, not a Gryffindor?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

The Red Hen? Lacks Manners and Decorum?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

More blubber?

Speaking of blubbering...

Riddle me this. Why was Snape, "Mr. Courageous" at the end-all, not a Gryffindor?

Why not ask The Sorting Hat, J. K. Rowling? My guess is what she always claimed about this. "Sometimes we sort too fast".

AKA, "I fooked the goose in the book"

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Harry's faith in Dumbledore is like a faith in God. Out he goes on his Great Journey knowing damn well nothing and En Dumbleydore Confiamos. Indeed the Dumbledore-------->Harry's Faith in Dumbledore that repeatedly saves the day and the entire subplot with Dumbeldore's hindstory is Harry's last test of Faith.

If Dumbledore is God, Harry is Jesus: walking amongst the Muggle Unbelievers, spreading the word, facing persecution and ultimately death. What a guy and only 11. At 18, a sacrifice made in perfect love to redeem the sins of the Wizarding World.

Amen.

Problem. Dumbledore isn't God, he's just a gay guy, so having unwavering faith in him isn't laudable, it's blind fanaticism and total stupidity. Oh, by the way, Harry doesn't sacrifice himself to save Hogwarts, he sacrifices himself to kill Voldemort. Hell, Rowling even admits that after HBP, if Harry looked into the Mirror of Erised he would see "Voldemort finished, dead, gone".

His deepest desire is not to protect his friends, or even to live a normal life, but to kill the guy who killed his parents. More devil than Jesus since you asked me.

This entire Harry-Gay Gut schtick is a mess, the last book is a complete mess and if Rowling definitively wanted to say something big about Calvinism, or any Christianity, or faith, about love, and about death, she blew it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedHen

The thread sez and Rowling sez that she did want to have an underground or hidden Christian agenda. Why not? Team Rowling was smart enough to rename the Sorcerer's Stone the "Philosopher's Stone waaaaaaaaaay back in the mid 90s. When coming to America, do not cross the Religious Right.

But it's all part of The Great Harry Potter FraudOllaboration, Team Potter playing as many sides of as many equations as they can.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The thread sez and Rowling sez that she did want to have an underground or hidden Christian agenda. Why not? Team Rowling was smart enough to rename the Sorcerer's Stone the "Philosopher's Stone waaaaaaaaaay back in the mid 90s. When coming to America, do not cross the Religious Right.

But it's all part of The Great Harry Potter FraudOllaboration, Team Potter playing as many sides of as many equations as they can.

Team Rowling v.s Team Potter spot on.

John Granger, nice guy, unbelievably naive, aka Hogwarts Professor pushed this Christian-Potter concept to the hilt. He and Travis [Prinz??] and Hans Andrea. They were so filled with the Holy Spirit the words came flowing out of their mouths like Gaza wine from a water goblet.

I don't know if they were bought or inspired or both but they made hard play of it writing books and essays and treatises, blogging and yahoogrouping, speaking and podcasting all about the Potterverse. At the very timing that Jo - Team - Rowling announced her great Christian underbelly.

All coincidental, surely.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

John Granger, nice guy, unbelievably naive, aka Hogwarts Professor pushed this Christian-Potter concept to the hilt. He and Travis [Prinz??] and Hans Andrea. They were so filled with the Holy Spirit the words came flowing out of their mouths like Gaza wine from a water goblet.

You don't know John from Hermione Granger; I do considering I have spoken at conferences with him and co-wrote a book. Naive isn't the world. Delusional is. Before you get started yes he did get his source material from your Warner-CIA spy friend Victor Dix and yes he never acknowledged that. He's a prick, OK?

I don't know if they were bought or inspired or both but they made hard play of it writing books and essays and treatises, blogging and yahoogrouping, speaking and podcasting all about the Potterverse. At the very timing that Jo - Team - Rowling announced her great Christian underbelly.

All coincidental, surely.

duh.

If these three were bought they must have spent the money anonymously with French whores none of them have a pot to piss is.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think what you say is the most phenomanalist things in the whole wide world. I really do. My love pours out for the wisdom-words. I am speechless and do not know what to say so in humbleness I bow at the very mention of eggs and leave.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You don't know John from Hermione Granger; I do considering I have spoken at conferences with him and co-wrote a book. Naive isn't the world. Delusional is. Before you get started yes he did get his source material from your Warner-CIA spy friend Victor Dix and yes he never acknowledged that. He's a prick, OK?

Love unrequited?
Correct, I don't know either Grangers for that matter but I read John Granger "religiously". You, OTOH, did not know a thing about Victor Dix.

Dix published his Letters as Jottit notes over several years, password protected. Jottit does not allow search engine bots so no amount of Googling or other search engines will find them. If you did, no password, no access.

No one except Victor Dix knew who had access to his Letters. John Granger assuredly did and plagiarized not only the Potter-Rowling-Christian theme from Dix - who would know better than him since he was the Coordinator between Warner and Rowling? - but also Ring Composition, literary alchemy and several other word-for-word copy and pastes.

I don't know if they were bought or inspired or both but they made hard play of it writing books and essays and treatises, blogging and yahoogrouping, speaking and podcasting all about the Potterverse. At the very timing that Jo - Team - Rowling announced her great Christian underbelly. All coincidental, surely.

duh.

If these three were bought they must have spent the money anonymously with French whores none of them have a pot to piss is.

You win there.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Let me guess... all you people here also make fun of Islam when they brainwash their kids that America is the Great Satan right? Or is it only fun to make fun of Christians?

lol it's more fun to make fun of christians. At least islam is directing it towards america for good reason i.e we are in their country killing their citizens.

what did the golden trio ever do to you :O

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Where can i get these Victor Dix letters?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by raggin
Where can i get these Victor Dix letters?

If you have to ask then you certainly do not need them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

What does that mean? If you don't have a link, then says so, being all mysterious and everything is a load of...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join