It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's just a shape. And not even a perfect one. Call me when it forms a perfect octagon. Because a hexagon has already been done:

Hexagon on Saturn

Shapes can be formed by nature. It doesn't mean something alien, sinister or doom-worthy is occurring. That triangle is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. It's fairly triangular, but means absolutely nothing. Because the sun cares about our pyramids, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
cool image, but its merely one of complete chance.

Its no different from seeing Jesus' face etched into a lump of dog poo.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread818727/pg7#pid13666740]post by grantbeed[/
That is not how NASA explain such;
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is the birth of Nibiru....
....or what Phage said, one of the two.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's the eye of Sauren turning to look at us.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Yes, but i dont work for NASA!

I do understand coronial holes though. I've been looking and reading spaceweather.com for around 4years now, so i've seen these Coronial images lots and every day there is a different shape.

No triangle, but almost a triangle. Don't most things in nature produce all kinds of wonderful and random shapes? I posted a long time ago on ATS a picture of the Northern Lights shaped like an angel. Someone has also posted Sunspot pictures that were shaped similarly to Haiti just before their major quake a few years back.

Even cloud can produce some amazing shapes.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Looks more like an S to me....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

as long as it's a thumbs up but not in a sarcastic way as in "Hey earth, here's a thumbs up, now Im gonna destroy you".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
First, Phage, How much do you get paid to post here?

Second, I have a degree in psychology(actually i passed with flying colors, I hate to brag about my intellect but in this case i feel it necessary), perception is my specialty. I know the mind fills in blanks all of the time, BUT it fills it in for man-made images....there are very few natural images where our mind fills in the blanks like what happens in this picture. comparing man-made images to real life images isn't sound, ESPECIALLY in this case.
To have a perfect triangle like that created by the sun is special. natural or unnatural is irrelevant, it's still forming a perfect triangle....

It's beautiful, isn't it?
edit on 12-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

TLDR: To clarify my second point: even if it's our mind filling in the blanks, that doesn't happen very often in nature. There are very few natural things that form a perfect triangle, even with our mind's natural tendency to create patterns.

And to Phage, one of the images. that you link, is completely different to what the real image shows....your shill is showing.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
Why do some people let their analytic power in the locker room?
It is an interesting image for sure.
I would qualify it of "unusual", "impressive", "beyond my understanding'
but why do interesting topics often twist into tabloid freak show?
Where the **** can you see a pyramid?
And when you present us material, don't you look at it and try to understand it first?
can't you see the circled shape can not match the dark area on the photography? the scale don't match?
People complain that some ATS members are too harsh, but there are so many websites filled with useless crap and inadapted vocabulary already that I'm starting to think we do need to be exigent...

nevertheless

Peace

Logiciel

......You really don't see it...? or did you at least read some comments to understand yourself before blasting out some random rant when in fact if you really look at it, an understand that some gas is going over it, it looks like a pretty d*mn good triangle for being in the middle of the sun. Its even pretty straight lines, it took me a second to ACTUALLY see it so maybe give it another look

To OP this is a good find! That's an amazing picture..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Sun just gave us the cosmic finger.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't see anything but a dark spot.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I'm sorry but this:

Is not showing the coronal hole.

The coronal hole is facing earth, we know this because of the images taken by SDO, it's images are from an earth perspective.

As the image above clearly shows, the circled triangle is on the far side of the sun.

...and is too small.

...and is a sunspot.

... and is facing in a different direction.

edit on 13/3/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Whoa dude what gives?

I enjoy the day when conceited and overconfident “smart folks” are shown that their education and wisdom can be as much of a hindrance to progression as a fool’s mind but sometimes you have to just let them be right.

I am not saying anyone is right but it seems that you have not analyzed the information that was given in response to your exploration of theories and the questions created by your curious look. From what I can tell it seems that phage is right and I don’t like that as much as it appears that you don’t either. I always hate it when I stumble upon some potentially earth shattering discovery and then he comes along with info and supporting links as needed and, damn it, the world/universe is not completely out to get those damn powers that be. As it turns out, it’s really just me who is hoping that this creation string we are on will demand balance and give us all a chance to start afresh even if it means the sun makes our life hard on the planet for a while. I know, pretty messed up…

Anyhow, as for the triangle/pyramid. I see the shape and despite what phage says I think IT IS relevant that it is seen as a triangle/pyramid. It is also interesting to see the sphere shape connected to the vortex at the sun in another post here recently. The shapes are related to our interpretation of what is happening, in a mathematical manner which relates to all things, even way past the sub atomic level. Shapes have meaning in that there is a pattern formed by energy which can be quantified -put into mathematical terms- or is created by us with our math. -Quadrivium -

Even though it is created because of a type of lens or better said, created by a certain view point, the triangle shows a form of the energy that is leaving the sun which maybe has not been fully explored. The triangle is important just as the pyramid is. I would love to have the time to do the math and I bet there is a program out there that could do it, to show the measurements of the angles, lengths and area etc. Maybe with that info we could compare the unknowns about the energy we are seeing with our view points and put them together to realize truly zero point energy?

Hence why I love the day when the wise are shown to be fools, not because they are shown to be ignorant and I can jump around yelling I told you so, but because it usually means that there is a new voyage with wondrous possibilities ahead. My brother and I have invented a few things that are deemed impossible in our field, and they were born out of sheer curiosity. Had we listened to the phages out there we would not have even tried while our ignorance left us open to potential not recognized by the “educated” seniors we sought for council.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Sorry to shoot you down, but it's pretty damn easy to get a psych degree these days. It's the new arts degree.

And pareidolia doesn't happen with natural images? What about the tortilla with Jesus's face? Seeing shapes in clouds? I actually think this sort of thing happens more with natural images than it does with man-made images!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

I think you just debunked yourself.

In the current coronal hole you cannot see the whole shape in those images, as has been pointed out by phage at least twice when he posted what the hole actually looks like.

Why is that idea okay for one but not for another?

In the current coronal hole you can see enough to make the idea of the triangle.

How did I debunk myself, if I posted a couple of images tweaked and desaturated on photoshop, that totally highlighted the triangle??

The whitest area is the full triangle, I can see it clearly and I don't need of Phage worshipers' caravan to tell me what I see or what I didn't see.

edit on 3/13/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well From what if Seen and Read in the Past

You Conspirator Know that Aliens In their Space Craft Go in and Out of the Sun

To travel from either Great Distances or it may be Inter-Dimensional

Go in the Sun come Out of a Black Hole / Go into a Black Hole and Come Out of a Sun

Well that would just Vaporize or Breaking down your Molecule's and what your Surrounded in

Now here something If a Anti Gravity Device was Possible from Out and Within a Spacecraft
how Would it Effect going through a Black Hole or Into the Sun ! ? just Curious ...

An Opening of a Big STAR GATE get it STAR GATE

Any Who

The Triangle with the Sun Reminds me of an Lizards Eye Reptilian

there Opening it Up to Pass Something Big Maybe !! a Planet ? a Brown Dwarf ?

That .. and Pyramids and Egyptian Sun Worship ...

ohh yeah this to

Like OMG its Like the EYE of Sauron ( Slightly Off )

God I love Conspiracy's Right !

God... Please tell me what is going on with Our Sun! and Why a Triangle Shape Hole in Our Sun ?

Well that And Saturn's North Pole !!
www.nasa.gov...

Geometry Shapes in Astrology

then you have resemblance of Humanoid Eyes & Hands from Interstellar Dust Clouds

Whats Next ?

Yeah Yeah Im not being So Skeptic So What ..

edit on 13-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

link   

OMG THE TRIANGLES!~!~!

link   
Looks like the letter S to me, honestly.

reply to post by Ghost375

I disagree. It's very common to see something like a face in nature. Especially in rock formations or something.

link   
Viral advertising of the stars:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join