It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I saw no isosceles triangle on Phage's list.

I don't see one on the sun either.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Can't everyone see that is obviously a one-horned sock puppet? It is blatnt in the enhanced imagery

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So is that a hole?

Nah, it's just the sun giving us a "Thumb's Up".

edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think the OP found out what happened to the SR71.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Sorry but that triangle is not the one i am seeing. The only of your points that is correct is the right one. The top one should be further up and to the right. The Bottom left one should be further to the left. Just look at other pictures and it will be very clear, this triangle is HUGE!

Well, that just says it all really. A perfectly resonable scientific explantion has been presented, yet the two of you who are firm believers in the triangle can't even agree on what your both seeing...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

HOLY S#!%!

That reminds me of this scene from 2010: Odyssey Two ! www.futurevisions.net...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

I saw no isosceles triangle on Phage's list.

I don't see one on the sun either.

Judging by the activity in the thread, you are one of the very few who are not seeing. Or who say that are not seeing...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

No. The various wavelengths which the AIA uses represent different levels of the Sun's atmosphere. That's what AIA stands for, Atmospheric Imaging Assembly. It studies the surface and atmosphere of the Sun. It cannot see beneath the surface (the photosphere).

The Corona is very hot. It produces very shortwave radiation. The wavelengths at which the holes are most obvious (short wavelengths, especially x-ray) are those which are produced by the corona. That is why they appear dark, they are cooler than the rest of the corona and do not emit as much radiation at those wavelengths.

The photosphere (the surface of the Sun) is cooler than the corona and is imaged at 1600 and 1700 angstroms. No "triangle". But you can see the convective cells from below.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The HMI actually can see inside the Sun, sort of. Still, no triangle.
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The corona is missing entirely that is why we are seing this triangle. And the corona is missing in the form of a triangle, is what you are saying?

No.
I am saying there is no triangle. There is an arrangement of coronal holes (cooler areas in the corona) which, through pareidolia, cause some people to see an actual contiguous triangle. The areas which you believe are obscuring parts of the triangle are not. They are bright regions next to darker regions.

edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news, and I have bad news...

The good news is, the part of your brain that recognizes primitive shapes is fully functional.

The bad news is, the part of your brain that controls logical deductive reasoning has completely failed.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Nah, it actually looks like the back of the Suns pimp hand. Let's hope the Sun doesn't decide to pimp slap us anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a triangle unless you ignore the other black part that is attached (upper right). Just look at it now as sort of a bended over domino shape with stripes and different markings.

It's differently not triangle shaped unless you ignore that other part. You just seeing what you want to see...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To those who think triangular shaped coronal holes have never happened... here is one of the first pics from google image.

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary here. There has been very valid proof presented that this is a normal occurrence. I think some people are just being stubborn for stubborn's sake.

Here is another with triangle shapes. Hour Glass

But, I'm sure that guy is right about the sun getting eaten by a black hole as predicted by the Mayans.

edit on 12-3-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh boy, the "pareidolia" explanation again... Everything that people see, that certain people who work for certain groups don't want people knowing that's real, is tagged as "pareidolia". What happened with the ol' fashioned "swamp gas" and "atmospheric balloon"??
edit on 3/12/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

It does have a triangular appearance, other than that please explain, I have never seen such before.
Thank you

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Originally posted by NeoVain

Sorry but that triangle is not the one i am seeing. The only of your points that is correct is the right one. The top one should be further up and to the right. The Bottom left one should be further to the left. Just look at other pictures and it will be very clear, this triangle is HUGE!

Well, that just says it all really. A perfectly resonable scientific explantion has been presented, yet the two of you who are firm believers in the triangle can't even agree on what your both seeing...

Spot on
edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
that is really strange and cool all at the same time,the universe is an amazing place.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

That "glass hour" hole is going behind the sun. We can't see where it ends, nor the whole shape.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: removed large quote

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I think you just debunked yourself.

In the current coronal hole you cannot see the whole shape in those images, as has been pointed out by phage at least twice when he posted what the hole actually looks like.

Why is that idea okay for one but not for another?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah, there he is. Thanks Phage for clearing up the matter of this Sun triangle. Job well done, mate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join