It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, phage I have a lot of respect for you and the work you do here - but that was a pretty half-arsed debunk.

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid. It is not just the frame of a triangle formed by choosing 3 random points, it is a solid shape.

I've looked at quite a few sun images over the years, and I've never seen anything like this. It may well be a completely normal phenomena, but I would've expected phage to go straight to showing us past examples of the same phenomena to show it's a normal thing.

The fact that he didn't makes me scared!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here's a .gif image from that green sun filter shown above. This is a composite of the last 2 months data.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

As you can see, the dark patches have been there all along, morphing as the sun rotates. As the sun enters solar maximum, the differences in temperature between the hot spots (sources of flares and CMEs, the bright spots in the image) and cool spots widen. Therefore you will see very vibrant bright and dark patches on the sun. We are not used to seeing them solely because the Sun has been in a very dormant solar minimum the last several years.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That is this worlds hell.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It's a hole in the corona.

Coronal holes are large regions in the corona that are less dense and cooler than surrounding areas. The open structure of their magnetic field allows a constant flow of high-density plasma to stream out of the holes. There is an increase in the intensity of the solar wind effects on Earth when a coronal hole faces us.

helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by NeoVain

Its real data from observation, but sure, nano black holes are created in particle accelerators, at trillions of degree's F, they have nano mass and last for nano seconds. Nano means one billionth (part of).

Um link please. Last i heard, the experiment to try to create a black hole failed at CERN and was postponed until april this year. Maybe it was postponed more, or maybe they succeeded...

Are you saying someone else was successful before them? Then why is it such a big deal if they create a black hole?

Something is not adding up here, and i think i know what it is.

Unless you can provide that link with proof that they have created black holes in other places before CERN.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Mianeye

It's a hole in the corona.

Coronal holes are large regions in the corona that are less dense and cooler than surrounding areas. The open structure of their magnetic field allows a constant flow of high-density plasma to stream out of the holes. There is an increase in the intensity of the solar wind effects on Earth when a coronal hole faces us.

helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That. How much of an increase? Because that hole is humungous.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

A solar wind stream flowing from this coronal hole could reach Earth on March 16-17

Spaceweather.com

Considering the solar wind is currently 703.8 km/sec which is the highest I've ever seen in it in the last several years I've been paying attention, then the solar wind from this thing should be a doozy. I would say normal average is 200-300.

The solar wind is a stream of charged particles ejected from the upper atmosphere of the Sun. It mostly consists of electrons and protons with energies usually between 1.5 and 10 keV. The stream of particles varies in temperature and speed over time. These particles can escape the Sun's gravity because of their high kinetic energy and the high temperature of the corona.

The solar wind creates the heliosphere, a vast bubble in the interstellar medium that surrounds the Solar System. Other phenomena include geomagnetic storms that can knock out power grids on Earth, the aurorae (northern and southern lights), and the plasma tails of comets that always point away from the Sun.

Wiki

Read the wiki link for more info regarding Solar Wind.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

If you watch the quick time movie of the region just before the shape comes into view you can see how fluid and dynamic the whole surface movement can be so I think we are just seeing a convenient image within the movement and it stops just at the right moment. That's my personal opinion.If it's anything worse than there's not much we can do about it anyway's.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
SDO Solar Dynamic Observatory

will show you the actual shape of the CORONAL HOLE as Phage just coincidently commented.

if you google coronal hole, you will observe that similar images can be found and that it is not doom related.

The triangle shape is luck /accident...

Peace

edit:
the coronal hole is quite huge and impressive looking. I know nothing about all this but given that I saw relatively similar images on google and that I am still alive I deduced we will survive this one too.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid.

Here's one that looks like a horse.
sidc.oma.be...

Scary Monster
4.bp.blogspot.com...

New Zealand
hfradio.org...

This one looks a bit embryonic.
solen.info...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

I think most of us understand the patches, but is it really possible for a patch or a group of patches to form a triangle. (i say "triangle because i only see 3 points, not 5 points as in a pyramid)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Wow, phage I have a lot of respect for you and the work you do here - but that was a pretty half-arsed debunk.

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid. It is not just the frame of a triangle formed by choosing 3 random points, it is a solid shape.

I've looked at quite a few sun images over the years, and I've never seen anything like this. It may well be a completely normal phenomena, but I would've expected phage to go straight to showing us past examples of the same phenomena to show it's a normal thing.

The fact that he didn't makes me scared!!

Yep! It clearly looks odd yet he goes on about points ...FFS anything to disagree with!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by TheStev

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid.

sidc.oma.be...

Scary Monster
4.bp.blogspot.com...

New Zealand
hfradio.org...

solen.info...

Those could pretty much all be firestorms covering the triangle in various ways, if you look closely though. I am not saying this triangle is a new thing, it may have been there for years, only getting more visible lately as the black hole expands...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks! I feel a bit safer now

To be honest, none of these images look anywhere near as geometrical as the image in the OP. I know that it's not even close to a perfect triangle, but it does seem far more geometrical than the ones you posted - which seem a bit more like a Rorschach tests - is it a bad thing that I see lady-parts in all of them?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by TheStev

sidc.oma.be...

Scary Monster
4.bp.blogspot.com...

New Zealand
hfradio.org...

solen.info...

thats the sort of example i was waiting for. Having seen these pictures I can safely say its not a one-off and their is little to be scared of.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

CERN doesn't operate the only particle accelerator, which would be the LHC, and you are wrong, they did create a nano black hole at a record 4 trillion degrees F. Which surpassed the one they made at Fermilab's Tevatron by 4-fold. See I work at a company that co-manages the one at Brookhaven, Long Island, and they made one too. Its quite doable, at the nano scale. One needs a very fast imager to catch em, well, its actually hundreds of individual imagers recording a half a million images per second in sequence, achieving the images per second to image a nano moment. I can show you a picture of one if you wish.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Tons of pictures on this link... straight from NASA. sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Baffled yet?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Phage

Once again, patches, coronas, flares, sunspots, solar storms we get, is it coincidence "it" forms a triangle? You know, I am really hoping as I continue reading this thread you, Phage, or another ATSer posts pics of this happening before. Like many of you, I have wondered what is behind the pyramids, and the imagery we still see today, the dollar bill being my biggest curiosity. I have never seen or heard an explanation that sits well on my stomach. Just like everything else in the universe, the explanations are theories. Science always proves science wrong. Post those pics Phage, this has to a reoccuring event.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by TheStev

sidc.oma.be...

Scary Monster
4.bp.blogspot.com...

New Zealand
hfradio.org...

solen.info...

Thanks Phage.
I was also intrigued, this post sold me that there is nothing odd about this..just random chance of a formation. We do want to see familiar shapes in everything, this is no different.

thread over really, well, for the reasonable people anyhow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join