It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I honestly don't know if I should post this in Space Exploration, Paranormal Phenomena, Aliens and UFOs or Global Meltdown topics. I'm baffled jaw-dropped and astonished.

Videos and images showing a monster coronal hole in the Sun, with the perfect shape of a triangle, were uploaded on NASA SDO website:

It's definitely NO glitch. It's a PERFECT triangle-shapped coronal hole, it's appearing in all spectrum of graphics and images and it must be VERY important because NASA highlighted it:

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Any explanations??
edit on 3/12/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: capitalization/spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Definitely doesn't belong in the Global Meltdown forum as that forum relates to world economies. Yeah, keep your eyes attuned to the Sun because it's going to be a crazy year as it reaches it's peak thru it's solar cycle. As far as explanation for the pyramid, coincidence perhaps? Dark patches on the Sun are just the "cooler" areas of the Sun. So this pyramid is just an area that has a lower temperature. Dark patches are also known as Sun spots, very common when the Sun is going thru its solar cycle. This reminds me of people who see Jesus in their grilled cheese

Someone page Phage, for clarity
edit on 12-3-2012 by Swills because: additional info

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OMG that's scary looking

link   

Stargate??

link   

I always tell people when you can see geometry in nature then that object displaying the math is in true form, and has its strongest capabilities.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Are we talking aout the dark patch on the sun? Because i wouldnt say it was perfectly pyramid shaped. And even if it was, it would just be a random coincidence wouldnt it? Or are you leaning towards another explanation?

Edit: That edited picture makes the shape alot easier to see

I'm no expert on this kind of thing so how big do these coronal holes usually appear to be compared to this one?
edit on 12-3-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm guessing someone is going to say that it's an artifact?

Seriously, pretty facinating huh? Our glorious Sun is a living being and it has been gracing us with very special energy lately.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Definitely doesn't belong in the Global Meltdown forum as that forum relates to world economies. Yeah, keep your eyes attuned to the Sun because it's going to be a crazy year as it reaches it's peak thru it's solar cycle. As far as explanation for the pyramid, coincidence perhaps?

Someone page Phage.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Mods should open a "Solar System Meltdown" topic for cosmic doom!

Anyway, if I have to give it a shot, as a conspiracy theorist, I would say it's a stargate and it's frigging blatant. But I just can't wait to see the other explanations.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Looks like based on the graph paper image showing near and far sides of the sun is showing something different than the big black triangle shape I see. Pyramids are of course in 3-D. So these would be triangle shapes as best we can tell from one angle.

the graph paper triangle is much smaller, than the color shot..
Or am I confused?

whatever it is it looks crazy, and it's a new one on me..
edit on 3/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
here is a video.

i just think its a visual anomaly

here is one better. see the shape of the CME.

same as the anomaly.

just click and image type and hit search.

look at the

LASCO C2 and HMI mangnetogram

SOHO
edit on 12-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So is that a hole?

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: replaced large quote

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My knowledge of the technical aspects of the sun are limited, granted, but I would guess that this is the result of random flare ups. Sooner or later, recognizable shapes are to be seen, but most of the time, nothing picturesque emerges. This image just captured the sun at a random point to capture one of these 'recognizable' shapes. Not entirely sure I made myself clear, but there you go.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilburMercer
I'm guessing someone is going to say that it's an artifact?

Seriously, pretty facinating huh? Our glorious Sun is a living being and it has been gracing us with very special energy lately.

It's not an artifact. Check the mpg videos. It moves gracefully with the Sun spin.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Tonight Venus, Jupiter, and Mars will form a triangle in the night sky. I am sure it is all a coincidence (yeah, right).

I took Astronomy I and II in college. I have never before seen a sight such as the one today of the Sun. I know that technology is getting better, but these things are just awe inspiring.

Whatever the ride...I am ready. TPTB, Illuminati,etc are no match for Mother Nature.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's a hole in the Sun corona, but surely we won't know what's down there or WHERE that hole is taking.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

And notice that even in the bottom of the pyramid, where the corona is not entirely disrupted, you still can see the perfect geometry shape. I'm having a hard time to see that as a natural phenomena.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A pyramid? A triangle maybe but there are lots of them. All it takes is three points.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by hapablab

Stargate??

So is that a hole?

It's a hole in the Sun corona, but surely we won't know what's down there or WHERE that hole is taking.

oh man how neat, I'd like to imagine its to another universe lol, its amazing to look at, but I was watching the discovery channel yesterday and they spoke of a CMD? causing yellowstone to erupt, seeing this just freaked me out a little

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a literal stargate haha

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok the GONG data is dated 03-11-12 and the HMI data is dated 03-09-12 with the circled Trianglular shape. It is on the far side of the Sun and seemed to be missing from the GONG data which is maybe why it is circled.

Now the really strange thing is the dark Trianglular(ish) shadow shape showing up in all of the AIA images that sort of mirrors the HMI data that is on the farside of the sun (the side we cannot currently see).

But that could just be pareidolia, I have to admit I have never seen such a strange large shadow (no activity) like before though, and I check out SOHO daily...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join