It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

No. It's not coincidence. It's our minds trying to form patterns where there are none.

Your mind (not just yours) is being fooled into seeing a triangle which is partially obscured. That is not what is there. What is there is irregular dark areas interspersed with irregular bright areas.

As pointed out in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the actual shape of the coronal holes:

www.lmsal.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by NeoVain

CERN doesn't operate the only particle accelerator, which would be the LHC, and you are wrong, they did create a nano black hole at a record 4 trillion degrees F. Which surpassed the one they made at Fermilab's Tevatron by 4-fold. See I work at a company that co-manages the one at Brookhaven, Long Island, and they made one too. Its quite doable, at the nano scale. One needs a very fast imager to catch em, well, its actually hundreds of individual imagers recording a half a million images per second in sequence, achieving the images per second to image a nano moment. I can show you a picture of one if you wish.

Yes please send image, although I think i have seen one of those images, which was nothing useful though. That hole i saw could hardly be comparable to working with a real persistant black hole, probing it for all kinds of things, measuring gravitic pull, establishing the true event horizon distance, neutron loss, those kinds of things.

The one i saw barely existed, they wouldn´t be able to really tell anything general about black holes from holes such as that. Although i would be very interested if what you have is something else than this so lets see that pic

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Wow, phage I have a lot of respect for you and the work you do here - but that was a pretty half-arsed debunk.

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid. It is not just the frame of a triangle formed by choosing 3 random points, it is a solid shape.

I've looked at quite a few sun images over the years, and I've never seen anything like this. It may well be a completely normal phenomena, but I would've expected phage to go straight to showing us past examples of the same phenomena to show it's a normal thing.

The fact that he didn't makes me scared!!

You mean, if we consider the depth of the hole and the volume of corona, call it a "pyramid" would be valid.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by SaturnFX

I find it hard to believe this is random. But if does not happen again then I guess it is. I was hoping to see pic after pic of geometrical shapes in the sun, those pics do not sway me either way. For now I say it's a sign. Even Jesus said to look to the sky. Ancient civilizations paid attention to the sky. Alot of man-made objects can only be seen from the sky. There is definitly something "up".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. It's not coincidence. It's our minds trying to form patterns where there are none. Your mind (not just yours) is being fooled into seeing a triangle which is partially obscured. That is not what is there. What is there is irregular dark areas interspersed with irregular bright areas.

That would be believable unless you look at the more recent pics where the obscured areas are no longer obscured... like a few on this page sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Like this one sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
And this one sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Or the one which i already covered in This post!

edit on 12-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Here's one from Brookhaven's STAR at the RHIC facility, (particle accelerator).

I took it from my archives but you can read about it on the web.

Link.

Another link.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Coronal holes. "Holes" in the corona. What is the corona?

The extended outer atmosphere of the Sun is called the corona.

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

There is nothing to obscure the holes. They are cooler, less dense areas in the corona so they appear dark. Think of them in holes in a very high cloud layer.

edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

No. It's not coincidence. It's our minds trying to form patterns where there are none.

Your mind (not just yours) is being fooled into seeing a triangle which is partially obscured. That is not what is there. What is there is irregular dark areas interspersed with irregular bright areas.

A bit of photoshop tweeks makes it a lot less obscure. Good that now we can clearly see the vertices and I would say it's a perfect isosceles triangle.

You are gonna have A LOT or work today, to convince people that "is not what is there".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NeoVain

Coronal holes. "Holes" in the corona. What is the corona?

The extended outer atmosphere of the Sun is called the corona.

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

There is nothing to obscure the holes. They are cooler, less dense areas in the corona so they appear dark. Think of them in holes in a very high cloud layer.

edit on 3/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

After that description, i am sure this triangle has nothing to do with the corona. This triangle is clearly situated inside the sun, not in it´s corona. Just look at the pictures. The corona is missing entirely that is why we are seing this triangle. And the corona is missing in the form of a triangle, is what you are saying? If so, behind which is a black hole. Not sure how many different ways i can try to say the same thing before you understand my POW here (which might or might not be true)
edit on 12-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Sorry but that triangle is not the one i am seeing. The only of your points that is correct is the right one. The top one should be further up and to the right. The Bottom left one should be further to the left. Just look at other pictures and it will be very clear, this triangle is HUGE!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This upper right image is sort of triangularish. Carved by nature, interpreted by human conditioning.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by Phage

AH OK. I hate it when I look at a pic and already expect to see a certain object, it keeps me from being objective, I guess. Anyways I feel stupid now, because I NOW see it as a shape that LOOKS like a triangle. Phage, you ARE the man.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
you know what, i just thought of something, this morning around 8 am the weather man on my local station fox news chicago said that we didn't want the sun to come out today, he said lets hope it doesnt come out because the damage it can cause to the atmosphere today, it struck me as odd but now reading this it dawned on me, could it be related?
edit on 12-3-2012 by hapablab because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Sorry but that triangle is not the one i am seeing. The only of your points that is correct is the right one. The top one should be further up and to the right. The Bottom left one should be further to the left. Just look at other pictures and it will be very clear, this triangle is HUGE!

Yeah I know, I saw it later. Regardless the part not obscured, which was my mistake, a careful look reveals that it's far bigger than that.

I guess it's more like THIS:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Humans are hardwired to see patterns, and can sometimes fool us.

See the triangle?

How many triangles in this one:

Phage's list of CHs of various shapes and sizes indicates this is not abnormal for the sun.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I saw no isosceles triangle on Phage's list.

Oh yeah that's pretty normal. I've seen lots of images of isosceles triangles in the Sun.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I see three pacmans on the first one.

actually the second one too
edit on 12-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Here's a high resolution picture of the area. It's still an amazing snapshot into the sun and it's raw power.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join