It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My favorite planet is the sun.
edit on 13-3-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I've tried to be fair and at the same time honest with myself. I cannot see any point to this thread?

Is it that if you make any observation whatsoever regarding the Sun, people will pile on and create topics where none exist? I guess that must be it.

I can't see any point to your post? Your post provides nothing new to the thread at all in terms of insight or knowledge, just trying to belittle those who posted the thread and commented on it. If it were up to you i'm guessing that nothing out of the ordinary would ever be posted unless it maintained the status quo and fit with common perceptions? Surely you can see why the OP posted this, or are you really ignoring the triangular shape that appears in the pictures?

There's debunk and there's dethink.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sure is big whatever it is.

Astronomers measure the sizes of sunspots as fractions of the Sun's visible area. Their favorite units are "millionth's." A sunspot that registers 1 millionth has a surface area equal to 0.000001 times the area of the Sun's Earth-facing hemisphere. Typically, a big sunspot measures 300 to 500 millionths. The entire surface area of the Earth is only 169 millionths of the solar disk.

Space Weather

The Triangle is bigger than 50 million Earths

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Haven't read through this thread yet but I did get this at SOHO

Can see it good in the 4 views

I think it's a coincidence, but who knows?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
Sure is big whatever it is.

Astronomers measure the sizes of sunspots as fractions of the Sun's visible area. Their favorite units are "millionth's." A sunspot that registers 1 millionth has a surface area equal to 0.000001 times the area of the Sun's Earth-facing hemisphere. Typically, a big sunspot measures 300 to 500 millionths. The entire surface area of the Earth is only 169 millionths of the solar disk.

Space Weather

The Triangle is bigger than 50 million Earths

Impossible to be that big. Because you can only fit just over 1 million Earth masses into the sun.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It is still as big as it was if not bigger now! I'm freaked out, it looks like a pyramid, maybe that's why they're all over the planet-a warning. I think this thing is about to pop right in our direction. Holy Shnowzers!

What is the best explanation so far?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lover088

Its not a pyramid its an S shape or at least that's my interpretation. Goes to do some research on exactly what this dark spot is and does.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
just saw on spaceweather.com that it is a coronal hole and that solar wind produced will be here on the 17th and 18th

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Damn the Government even censors the Sun ....

They had to cover up the Huge Ron Paul sign...

On a more serious note ...

I don't know what the heck it is and I am sure NASA is scratching their heads as well. Could be a Coronal Hole ... But if it is, its a damn big one. Time will tell.

The sun could be turning into a black hole

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Woah, it looks like a Iron shape, not a pyramid

Therefore, i think the sun wants to Iron the Earth out shortly

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

Nice post.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It's mostly normal. Look at this that someone linked:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

It just had the look of a triangle shape, that's all.

I'll admit that several years ago a weird lady in a chat was talking with me about normal everyday things when she blurted out she worked for nasa and said the sun would explode or something in 50,000 years. I can't exactly recall, but she said wild things would happen to it. I never spoke to her again and never thought anything further of it. Don't take my words seriously because I don't. Just putting it out there.
edit on 14-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Great find. I would say UFO but that would mean it would be the size of about 4-7 Earths! But seriously, i have no idea would it is would love to hear what the scientific community has to say about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Kinda looks like a giant eye!

Ra?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You may want to take a look at this as well:

What's going on?
edit on 14-3-2012 by opnmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Another triangle, pyramid......stingray.

A keyhole, will delving into this unlock the secret?

It can´t be, a giant Blackhawk helicopter in the sun! .. No it´s a whale.

Oh noes, this has got to mean something right!

Yep, just as I expected, the serpents are behind it.

Posting this again since people still seem puzzled as to what it is,..... it says right there in the title what it is.....and it is not abnormal at all. Just a coronal hole like many before kinda looking like a triangle wich doesn´t mean anything at all.

I really wish people would read the comments because it has been explained fully several times yet every new page it´s a new mystery it seems.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Haven't read through this thread yet but I did get this at SOHO

Can see it good in the 4 views

I think it's a coincidence, but who knows?

Im not sure why people are posting non-geometric old cloud-formation type images.

In constrast, its shocking to see the above straight geometric lines in the RECENT image.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by opnmind

Seems like a Coronal Mass Ejection to me.

The round shape is not unusual. Here is another one.

edit on 14-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I just have to laugh when I see those pics. The right side of that supposed triangle is completely fictional, it´s not there, it doesn´t exist.

It´s just a line drawn by a human to complete a pattern that is not there.

I just can´t understand that people think this triangle is there when it is most clearly and obviously not. Amazing, simply amazing.
edit on 14-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"PERFECT triangle-shapped "

This isn't any way near to a perfect triangle... Some people on this website are delusional but that's old news I guess.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join