It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

If found some accompanying text to the video here www.dailymail.co.uk...

the video i also there...

The title of the article is

Conspiracy theories claim mysterious planet-sized 'Death Star' has been captured on video as it 'refuels' at the surface of the sun

NASA says,

A solar prominence (also known as a filament when viewed against the solar disc) is a large, bright feature extending outward from the Sun's surface. 'Prominences are anchored to the Sun's surface and extend outwards into the Sun's hot outer atmosphere, called the corona. 'Scientists are still researching how and why prominences are formed. 'An erupting prominence occurs when such a structure becomes unstable and bursts outward, releasing the plasma. Nasa's Solar Dynamics Observatory frequently captures the phenomenon - although often as violent eruptions, rather than the eerie sphere of this week's activity. ‘It is not uncommon for prominence material to drain back to the surface as well as escape during an eruption,’ says Holly Gilbert a Goddard solar physicist. ‘Prominences are large structures, so once the magnetic fields supporting the mass are stretched out so that they are more vertical, it allows an easy path for some of the mass to drain back down.

NASA - Never Tell The Truth

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberDuckGB

I think you meant NASA, Never A Straight Answer....

But I don´t think they are lying here. Just a filament.

I don´t see any spherical object. All I see is a crescent shape at the end of the filament as it blast into space. It´s not an object, it just seems cause it is the same color or temperature as the rest of the filament.

What do you suggest it is?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

On their video or photos, this filament is seen to arrive and attach ,then leave. Its not something projecting off the son, it comes TO the sun.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Oop Yes! Sorry ATS Buddy

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by NervousNJerky

I'm not one to argue a point, but the image you show is not this.

There is nothing wrong with arguiing a point to get the facts straight.

I said it was a CME and posted that pic but was a bit mistaken It is a filament. In the other Alien invasion thread I posted pics of other similar filaments. .

This is definately a filament. What sphere are you talking about? All see is a crescent shape at the top of the filament as it blast into space.

What are you suggesting it is?
edit on 15-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

You call it cresent shape, I call it a sphere or spherical. As it is not a common thing to see.( Have yet to see something simalar posted and it has been 4-5 days now.) My mind is open to an explanation. Just have not seen a convincing one yet. If it is a filament, it's a strange one. I only suggest it is related to the "triangle" in someway.
edit on 15-3-2012 by NervousNJerky because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by NervousNJerky because: spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes I understand that you don't see a spherical object - neither do I. But how can we we a spherical object from our position on the Earth. All we would see is a 2D representation.

IF it was a spherical object what would we see from our view point, from here? - Just a 2 D image because we are so far away and we have just one view point therefore no 3D.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here ya go Bastardo. I was looking for something to put a bow on the anomoly we were discussing. This does it for me. He calls it a "Coronal cavity". Still is kinda strange thow.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NervousNJerky
Here ya go Bastardo. I was looking for something to put a bow on the anomoly we were discussing. This does it for me. He calls it a "Coronal cavity". Still is kinda strange thow.

That guy in that clip is lying through his teeth. The epitome of a NASA employee. He really has no clue, but was ordered to say something plausible to distract the most gullible lest his wife and kids would suffer at the iron fist of the government ordering this coverup. Try contacting this guy IRL and you will see what i mean.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mindwideopen

When I was looking at it (the red one) it was half blacked out...the date is still the same....you are right it

Looks like they blurred the "triangle" shape.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You know the solar wind is blowing way above that triangle right, obscuring part of it with a firestorm in botttom right corner. You can still see the vast blackness below it, and compare to firestorms outside the triangle. Clearly there is a perfect trinagle the size of the sun below those surface firestorms.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

yes! is that from LOTR? that certainly is one big dirty evil all seeing eye. it's funny how you can see things in other things. apparantly the mind will always look for face like qualities in whatever we are looking at, but that coronal hole clearly to me now looks like an eye. i wonder if there has ever been a coronal hole set that has given the sun a "face" so to speak. cheers buddy.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

That guy in that clip is lying through his teeth. The epitome of a NASA employee. He really has no clue, but was ordered to say something plausible to distract the most gullible lest his wife and kids would suffer at the iron fist of the government ordering this coverup. Try contacting this guy IRL and you will see what i mean.

Have you contacted him? What did he say? What basis do you have for believing he is lying? Do you have a degree in astrophysics or a working knowledge of magnetohydrodynamics? You are making a claim that amounts to a personal slur, please be prepared to back it up or apologize.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by NeoVain

Have you contacted him? What did he say? What basis do you have for believing he is lying? Do you have a degree in astrophysics or a working knowledge of magnetohydrodynamics? You are making a claim that amounts to a personal slur, please be prepared to back it up or apologize.

Do you have any clue what these leading astrophysicists really KNOW about the sun? All they propagate is a bunch of conjecture 90% of which is based on guesswork that is based on other guesswork based on assumptions drawn on a relatively small amount of empirical data about the sun. Did you know they cannot even explain how the Corona can exist? There are no KNOWN laws of physics that would explain it´s existance. Yet they have alot of theories of what a sun flare is, what a coronal hole is and guesswork around them. And you choose to believe them rather than similar conclusions that are actually based on more amounts of evidence. Is this because the people that make them wear a governmental badge of trust? The same government that have been proven to lie, fabricate proof, terrorise their own citizens and arrests and punishes them for using a natural plant that was put here by the same forces that put us here!

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by NeoVain

Do you have any clue what these leading astrophysicists really KNOW about the sun? All they propagate is a bunch of conjecture 90% of which is based on guesswork that is based on other guesswork based on assumptions drawn on a relatively small amount of empirical data about the sun. Did you know they cannot even explain how the Corona can exist? There are no KNOWN laws of physics that would explain it´s existance. Yet they have alot of theories of what a sun flare is, what a coronal hole is and guesswork around them. And you choose to believe them rather than similar conclusions that are actually based on more amounts of evidence. Is this because the people that make them wear a governmental badge of trust? The same government that have been proven to lie, fabricate proof, terrorise their own citizens and arrests and punishes them for using a natural plant that was put here by the same forces that put us here!

Deny ignorance indeed.

Wow.....you really are delusional. It is actually getting to the point of being annoying. I would definitely take the word of someone that has the credentials and the job to back it up over someone that is making guesses with no actual training or working knowledge of the types of cameras used to capture images of our solar system nor any background in anything to do with the topic at hand.....but I am just guessing that you have none of those.....do you?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Filaments and prominance ride the magnetic way lines of the Suns magnetic field. They (usually) have a begining and an end. The cresant/sphere is fed from one place,seeming to collect the energy, not feeding it back to the surface like one would assume. Not riding the magnetic way lines, but in fact the sphere/creasant shape becomes the negative or positive pole for the way line. I've looked,(while the images were avaliable) and did not see the end of the filament that returns to the surface. Wich acording to the NASA rep, should be there. I find this interesting to say the least. Being that the Sun has a lot more mass than the Sphere/creasant. The only thing in nature that would act like that is a Black hole. This of course is just postulation on my part.
This, and the fact the images are no longer avaliable at the NASA site has got to raise some flags. So to speak. Below please find the link to the NASA Soho observatory. Enter the date on the right to que the movie, than select the imager on the left. See for you're self, the dates in question are not avaliable. 2012-03-11 / 2012-03-12 < in the sites format
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
Just some of my thoughts. p.s. If ya keep shooting the messenger, you might not get an important one.
This post is also on another simular thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NervousNJerky

Coronal holes don't have much to do with filaments or prominences.

It might help if, instead of going to SOHO (which doesn't do much EIT imagery since SDO came online), you went to the source of the images:
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

did that make you feel good smart guy? Its hard being so clever isn't it! i'm tired of people like you coming onto this site and shouting down lesser analysis. If your as clever as you believe then go gently impart your precious cleverness. Whats the point of you if your of no use to those with a lesser understanding? level up hero.
Old king SOL was merry old SOUL.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Actually, they have mountains of hard data that they process with incredibly fast, powerful computers. I've seen them at work and they are very impressive. "Guesswork" has nothing to do with it; it's applied mathematics. Although some of this work is done with government grants, some of it is not. The private sector has a strong financial interest in understanding the interaction of the solar and terrestrial magnetic fields. It's real science, hard science, not opinion or propaganda. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that others don't, or are lying to you.

Deny ignorance indeed.

Back at you. Stop speculating and start researching... and don't cast aspersions on good people just because you don't like what they have to tell you.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Maybe the sun is going to go out due to the negativity of the New World Order's devil worshipping controls. I'd just as soon leave it all up to the church but those people, Kaballahists growing in number, keep messing with the cosmos. Like anyone needs them! Leave our world and its metaphysics alone! Bunch of selfish drug addicted, sex addicted, hate-addicted control freaks putting curses on everything!! Go salami the toilet and go to hell!
edit on 16-3-2012 by secretsister65 because: misspelling

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just did a greyscale on the blue pic in This post, where the triangle really appears in a great way... and it may be bigger than most people think.

edit on 16-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join